2015 (S5) Week 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MexiRican35, Dec 4, 2011.

1. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

2. MexiRican35

Welcome to Week 3!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Kansas Jayhawks (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Kansas lost 37-10 against Cincinnati (1-0).
    This week, the Jayhawks are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Kansas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Manny Thomas has committed to Texas A&M

=============== #15 Cincinnati Bearcats (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Cincinnati won 37-10 against Kansas (0-1).
    This week, the Bearcats will host #21 Washington (1-1).

=============== #21 Washington Huskies (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Washington lost 15-14 against West Virginia (2-0).
    This week, the Huskies travel to Cincinnati to face the #15 Cincinnati Bearcats (1-0).

=============== #18 Ohio State Buckeyes (0-2) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State lost 20-6 against Arizona (1-0).
    This week, the Buckeyes are idle.

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State won 30-24 against Tennessee (0-1).
    This week, the Blue Raiders travel to Pullman to face the Washington State Cougars (0-1).

=============== #20 West Virginia Mountaineers (2-0) ===============
    Last week, West Virginia won 15-14 against Washington (1-1).
    This week, the Mountaineers are idle.

=============== #1 Oregon Ducks (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 34-0 against Alabama (0-1).
    This week, the Ducks are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LE Shane Keller has committed to Oregon

=============== Washington State Cougars (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Washington State lost 28-21 against Fresno State (1-0).
    This week, the Cougars will host Mid Tenn State (1-0).

=============== Navy Midshipmen (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Navy won 41-17 against Air Force (0-1).
    This week, the Midshipmen will host #7 Arizona (1-0).

=============== #7 Arizona Wildcats (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Arizona won 20-6 against Ohio State (0-2).
    This week, the Wildcats travel to Annapolis to face the Navy Midshipmen (1-0).

=============== Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Yellow Jackets were idle.
    This week, the Yellow Jackets will host Tulsa (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Mark Brown has committed to Georgia Tech
    - (****) LE Shane Keller has committed to Oregon

3. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

UniQue2Three

I am available most nights after 10:30/11 pm PST, what works for you

4. UniQue2Three

UniQue2Three Walk On

I can play monday at 1030 pm PST

5. Wyrmreaver

sounds like a plan, although I may end up being a couple minutes late

6. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Breaking news:

During the Ohio State off week, they have fired their offensive coordinator. Coach aarondramp expected to be able to just line up and play smashmouth football and run over the competition, but when that didn't happen, there was no other back up plan. Expect them to hire someone before their week 4 game with Kansas that can bring some balance.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wyrmreaver

[​IMG][​IMG]

So I am not going to write a true summary because the game locked us out twice...... Ultimately Arizona gets the win and I finished vs the CPU, here's the skinny on how it happened.

1st game: Tough defensive battle, eventually after a punt-fest 'Zona manages to score a TD. Navy takes the ball, changes strategy and starts moving the ball well. Eventually finding themselves with a 1st and goal from the 2 with about 3 minutes left in the first half. At this point the game locks up for both of us. By mutual agreement we decide to play the game all over again.

2nd Game: This time Arizona wastes no time, scoring on the opening posession and going on to open a 14-0 lead early in the 2nd quarter. Navy answers with a TD of its own getting it to 14-7, Arizona strikes back quickly to make it 21-7. Then, after a 3 and out for Navy, 'Zona starts another backbreaking drive moving downfield and earning a 1st and 10 from the 13 yard line with just under 3 minutes left in the half. Game boots Unique2three off but allows Arizona to continue. With Uniques permission I finish the game against the CPU to record the AZ win with chew clock on for the entire second half.

So in summary, total points scored in over 3 quarters of play was 28-7 Arizona with the stoppages occurring when each team was in scoring position.

UniQue2Three good game

8. aarondramp

I'm glad someone took Illinois from Cheez since we didn't advance because he hasn't played gowazzucougs yet.

• Like Like x 1
  9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

They are playing tonight...our young man cheez was exhausted from studying all day...just wait until he has kids, he won't know what hit him :D

10. aarondramp

He can no longer make fun of everyone for being old. Studying?!? I finished my degree while working a full time job, going to school full time, and had a kid with another one on the way. Yes, I'm fully aware that this sounds like "Back in my day..."

After the new guy leaves Illinois, I'm going to stay at Ohio State just to run Illinois into the ground.

11. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Washington 27
    Cincinnati 17

Washington squad redeems itself by holding off Cincinnati late. Both teams scored TDs on their opening drives, the bearcats connecting on a beautiful 40 yard catch in the back of the endzone( check the wire for highlight). Second quarter was quiet, washington got into the redzone twice but came away with only FGs to make it a 13 to 7 game at the half. Cincinnati received the kickoff in the second half and quickly scored to put them up one. Washington came back driving the field but getting stuck at 4th and 17 from the Cincinnati 30 yard line. After learning last week their kicker was incapable of hitting a 45 yard FG Washington had to go for it on 4th down and squeezed the ball over the outside short zone to pick up the first down. Washington capped off the drive with a TD, forced a 3 and out, converted the next drive into a TD to take a 13 point lead: 27-14.

Cincinnati came back with a FG to make it a ten point game. Washington drove the field only to have there QB fumble inside the 10 yard line and the Huskies again swung the door open for a miracle comeback. Cincinnati drove the field but stopped on 3rd down decided to take the FG since they needed an on sides kick anyway. Washington dreaded the thought of giving up another onsides kick late game loss, but it was not to be as The Cincinnati kicker missed his second FG of the game, sealing the bearcats fate.

POTG:
    UW's Bishop Sankey
    18 carries 122 yards 1 TD
    3 catches 83 yards
    92 return yards

GG, really came down to key made and missed 3rd down throws.

12. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

you're a terrible person

studying for two days straight. Still only got three hours of sleep and have been at the grind since then around 3am my time.

Here's the deal. I've done NOTHING all semester. I have to complete my entire set of classwork for two of my classes by Thursday. So far, I'm making good progress, but I still have a long, long ways to go.

Am I dumbass for procrastinating like this - absolutely. But when I've had my face in a book for going on 60 of the last 66 hours or so, I think I deserve a little sleep.

Also, aarondrano, you are a terrible person :)

13. aarondramp

Cheez

That's what I did every semester. Unfortunately, that contributed to why I ended up finishing after being married with a kid.

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Where is the pic of the worlds smallest violin? Or are you too young to know what that means :p

15. Cheez

I need to get back to work.

16. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

aarondramp

Here is what happened, my wife was a slave driver the past three days. I painted a nursery, got down Christmas decorations, went and got a Christmas tree, reorganized my shed, decorated for Christmas, put Christmas lights and decorated a Christmas Tree. I was too exhausted to play on Sunday and last night Cheez was too tired to play me. We are getting the game in tonight, or Cheez is going on AP.

17. Cheez

exactly.

18. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Fucken kickers. Actually, I didn't hit either kick square, leaving the power thingy less than full. SUCKS. If I would've made that first one, my final drive would've been to tie it up....changes everything. Good game. Maybe I'll come up to Seattle next season to get another shot!

19. aarondramp

20. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

The new guy plans on bein around for a while ;-)

21. gowazzucougs

Cheez

#20 in your secondary was called toast by my receivers.

22. gowazzucougs

MTSU 23
    WSU 47

After a series of technical difficulties, including MTSU Cheez going awol, WSU defeated the Blue Raiders 47-23. First, the Blue Raider players were surprised to see their coach not make the trip to Pullman, and reverted to their old ways of playing, no huddle. The Cougar defense struggle to adapt to this surprised scheme as the Blue Raiders went into halftime with a 17-12 lead. A big issue during the first half for the Cougars, was that it was difficult for the offense to get into a rhythm. Cougar QB Jimmy Laughrea struggled in the first half, throwing several picks, but was able to throw a 58 yard TD pass to Brian Anderson. MTSU Safety, #20, was beaten on the play. In the second half Laughrea gained his composure and started tearing a part the Blue Raiders secondary. He threw four touchdown passes in the third quarter, the shortest one was 44 yards. The person consistently victimized on these deep throws was #20.

Cheez I would have preferred to play you, but it is probably a good thing you passed. With the new XBOX Live update, things were not working well, it took till 10 PST to play the game. In addition, if I was your QB I would be mad. His receivers still cannot catch, as for your secondary they are definitely a weak spot. I am sure you will survive the Sun Belt with them, but they wouldn't last in the PAC-12, I know from experience.

• Like Like x 1
  23. aarondramp

Knowing that we waited to advance only for Cheez to not show up confirms what I said yesterday: I'm glad someone took Illinois.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Cheez

MexiRican35

Put this guy on my schedule next year!!!

25. MexiRican35

Better yet, ill put aaron and baker since he took Illinois