2015 (S6) Week 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MexiRican35, Apr 7, 2011.

1. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

CPU Games due by Friday April 8, 10pm PST
    USER Games due by Saturday April 9, 10pm PST

Welcome to Week 3!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #18 Arizona Wildcats (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Arizona won 24-22 against Illinois (0-1).
    This week, the Wildcats travel to Provo to face the BYU Cougars (0-0).

=============== Illinois Fighting Illini (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Illinois lost 24-22 against Arizona (1-0).
    This week, the Fighting Illini will host Utah (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Illinois targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) K Daniel Young has committed to Illinois

=============== Iowa Hawkeyes (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Iowa lost 24-21 against Texas A&M (1-0).
    This week, the Hawkeyes travel to Auburn to face the #3 Auburn Tigers (1-0).

=============== #24 Texas A&M Aggies (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M won 24-21 against Iowa (0-1).
    This week, the Aggies travel to Corvallis to face the Oregon State Beavers (0-1).

=============== #11 Oklahoma Sooners (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Oklahoma lost 21-15 against Oregon (1-0).
    This week, the Sooners travel to Fort Worth to face the #10 TCU Horned Frogs (1-0).

=============== #2 Ohio State Buckeyes (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 58-7 against West Virginia (0-1).
    This week, the Buckeyes travel to Austin to face the #4 Texas Longhorns (1-0).

=============== #1 Oregon Ducks (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 21-15 against Oklahoma (0-1).
    This week, the Ducks travel to Pullman to face the Washington State Cougars (0-0).

=============== Oregon State Beavers (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Oregon State lost 45-41 against Florida (1-0).
    This week, the Beavers will host #24 Texas A&M (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Ryan Young has committed to San Diego State

=============== #4 Texas Longhorns (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Texas won 38-14 against UCLA (0-1).
    This week, the Longhorns will host #2 Ohio State (1-0).

=============== #13 UCLA Bruins (0-1) ===============
    Last week, UCLA lost 38-14 against Texas (1-0).
    This week, the Bruins travel to Madison to face the #6 Wisconsin Badgers (1-0).

=============== #6 Wisconsin Badgers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 37-17 against LSU (0-1).
    This week, the Badgers will host #13 UCLA (0-1).

2. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

UCLA was in a must win mode to avoid going 0-2. Bucky had other plans. The Badgers jumped to a 14-0 lead on TDs from Williams and Ward. But the Bruins would not stay quiet. HB Dixon ran like a man possessed. After a Bruin FG, he racked off an 80 yard TD run. The Badgers then sent QB Herron in replacement for Livingston to run the two minute offense, as they implement a 2 QB system for the season. The plan backfired, though, as Herron threw to a covered receiver and was picked, leading to a FG just before half for UCLA. It was now 14-13 Wisky.

Dixon kept chugging along in the second half, as he got yet ANOTHER 80 yard TD run. Now UCLA had the lead. Now Coach Mexi had a choice to make. Would he go with the senior leader at QB, or come out firing the ball. The choice was Herron, and boy was it a good one. He threw a perfectly placed ball right into the hands of Ward, who caught it in stride and outran the entire UCLA defense. The play of the game comes from Livingston. On third and 9, Livingston appeared to be doomed for a sack as a nickel back rushed off the edge untouched. But Livingston shrugged off the whimpy tackle, got a nice block from Moses as the other CB came off the blitz, and found a wide open Green for a first down. The risky call by Coach Rec backfired, and it lead to a Badger score. As McCray looked to bring his Bruins team back into the game, he would throw a pick right into the lap of SS McDuffie, ending all hopes of a comeback. Dixon ended his day with 189 yards off just 10 carries. McCray, though, was rattled by the noisy crowd at Camp Randall. He missed wide open targets and went 10-32 for the game. "I'm glad we didnt see more of Dixon. That guy was on fire today. We wanted to get them in third and long situations so they would have to throw the ball. Our d-line did a great job getting pressure and our secondary locked down their receivers." Next up, Notre Dame.

#6 Wisconsin 39 - #13 UCLA 23

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

It was a good game and closer than the score shows...I was actually leading 23-20 at the end of the 3rd quarter but I couldnt seal the deal. McCray was a mess in this one. He missed on some passes and was clearly rattled by the Madison crowd. I wish I would have just run Dixon more! Oregon can expect a heavy does of the run next week! And you are right, that blitz where your QB escaped was a big play. I thought I had you dead to rights there! You had to guys wide open after you escaped.

The Badger defense is a solid unit. Besides the 2 long TD runs, they really shut us down and forced us to kick 3 FG's where when we really needed TD's. Good luck the rest of the season and in the big 10 where we finally get to see the OSU / Whiskey game later in the season.

Also, thanks for getting this thread up!

4. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Battle Tested - Illini Win 1st Game of Season
    Illini 26 - Utah 23

After the smoke had cleared, and after numerous players had been helped off the field, the Illini held home turf by defeeating the Utes 26-23. Neither team could really garner any offensive momentum, but that did not mean the game wasn't exciting. The only touchdown of the first half came on a 55 yard to Fernandez by Battle - who came in for Blake after injuring his ribs. However, 3 Utah field goals neutralized it, and the score was 9-9 going into the break. The teams would trade short touchdowns in the third and enter the fourth still tied. A Weddle field goal would give the Illini a 19-16 edge, but it would not hold. On the next Illini possession, Battle would put the ball on the ground after being forced out of the pocket, and the Utah linebacker would take it nearly 80 yards for the go ahead score. But the sophomore's experience would not betray him, as he would lead the Illini down for a game winning drave, culminating with an 11 yard scramble.

Next up for Illinois: the Illini head east to Piscataway, NJ to take on the #22 Scarlet Knights of Rutgers.

5. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Ohio State 24
    Texas 21

TrippleHorn Gets Stuffed, Longhorns Bow to the Buckeyes

Texas can't overcome offensive miscues, and the buckeyes hold on for the big early season victory. Give aways, and one huge defensive blunder gave the buckeyes an edge. Texas had it's shot at some big turnovers but failed to collect fumbles or convert interception chances. This puts coach WhyGod at 2-4 versus the buckeyes, with some luck he may have another chance before the season is through.

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Looks like we might be able to advance tonight if Oregon State / A&M can get there game in.

7. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

You want to play ours tonight? I gotta work Saturday, so it'd be Sunday otherwise.

8. dakota7

Oregon 55
    Washington State 13

Big blowout, the Ducks rushed for over 300 yards in this one. The cougars are pretty bad at this point.

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Yeah if we can advance.

10. omega41

omega41 Walk On

After a tough lost on the road against Texas A&M. Iowa was back on the road against #3 Auburn and it wasn't pretty folks. Auburn ran no huddle all game which caused my dline to be sucking wind all game long with broken tackles, whole dline being put on the ground, etc and I believe my 2nd string was playing at least 30% of the time due to extreme fatigue to the starters.

Had to completely abandon the run early as they just ran up and down the field. I was finally able to make it close when they called a interception that I thought was not an interception as the db caught the ball was popped and then called a fumble but it wouldn't let me challenge the play:(.And as I was making another comeback my HB fumbles the ball as he was just about to cross the goalline. Game over Auburn wins 44-31 .

11. dakota7

Jface and aaron still have to play. And the user game, which is scheduled this afternoon. If we advance by 11 central-ish, I'll play. I'll probably still be on either way around that time.

12. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

I'll be knocking out my game this evening.

13. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

About to knock out my game now before work.

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

If we cant get it in tonight Sunday is fine.

15. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

I get Auburn next week. That'll be a difficult challenge for me. Haven't beat a top 10 team yet, and my d-backs are slow. I have a different gameplan to employ though. We'll see what happens in the first few possessions and go from there.

16. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Wow winning in Provo really is tough after all. Needed a fourth quarter rally to tie the game and win it with a fg with time expiring.

If it is allowed I would love to change my playbook. Going back to the roots and spreading em out with the arizona playbook.

17. Jayrah

#24Texas A&M 21 @ Oregon State 24

Corvallis, OR:

The Oregon State Beavers did to Texas A&M what the Aggies had done to Iowa last week, winning on a FG as time ran out after a furious final frame. OSU Sr qb and wr combo Johnson and Houston came up with huge plays throughout the game, including a 33 yard scramble and then a 17 yard connection on the last drive, all with under 30 seconds to go, to give kicker Lorne Alexander a winning field goal opportunity. Houston also caught a quick-in pattern and took it 80 yards in the 3rd quarter, as well as a crossing route touchdown in the first half in the back of the endzone.

The game was very even, though the Aggies had a bit more success running the football, and only turned the ball over 1 time officially (the first drive for A&M was inside the 25 and a sack back to the 33 forced a punt, which was basically a TO), while the Beavers threw 2 first half interceptions (one of which was a hail mary to end the half). The defenses for both teams were solid, employing a bend but don't break philosophy, until the last 4 minutes in which the offenses came to life and there were 24 total points scored.

TAMU got a terrific game from Sr tailback Johnny McCloud, who ran very hard and gained 90 yards while also scoring all 3 A&M touchdowns. Howell also did a nice job, completing 15 of 20 passes for 236. However he did cost his team a major momentum swing, when after the Aggie defense gave him the ball in Beaver territory late in the first half, he panicked and threw a pass without seeing his wr that got picked off. This kept the score 7-7 heading into the half.

The Aggies now head home for an important game in their early season, taking on the powerful, 3rd ranked Auburn Tigers, before heading into conference play.

18. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I let dakota do it so I guess I gotta let you do it too (y)

• Like Like x 1
  19. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

@aarondramp...try and get this game in before 9pm PST if possible. I think you are the last one to go and dakota and I are gonna try and start our game around 9pm. If you cant, no big deal we can play it Sunday.

20. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

@dakota7
    looks like aaron jumped on around 8:30pm PST...if you want to play around 9:30pm PST i'll be on advancing

21. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

all done

22. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

good game. Your running back is very tough to tackle.

23. Jayrah

Yeah all my backs are running really well. That was one of the funnest games I've played in this league! I think the defensive struggle attributed to that, but also the fact that we both moved the ball but the other had a defensive answer. Your 2 sacks were devestating. I shouldve scored on both possessions.