2015 (S6) Week 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Apr 9, 2011.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

CPU Games due by Sunday April 10, 10pm PST
    USER Games due by Monday April 11, 10pm PST

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Welcome to Week 4!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #17 Arizona Wildcats (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Arizona won 20-17 against BYU (0-1).
    This week, the Wildcats will host Oregon State (1-1).

=============== Illinois Fighting Illini (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Illinois won 26-23 against Utah (0-2).
    This week, the Fighting Illini travel to Piscataway to face the #25 Rutgers Scarlet Knights (1-1).

=============== Iowa Hawkeyes (0-2) ===============
    Last week, Iowa lost 44-31 against Auburn (2-0).
    This week, the Hawkeyes will host #18 Virginia Tech (3-0).

=============== Texas A&M Aggies (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M lost 24-21 against Oregon State (1-1).
    This week, the Aggies will host #3 Auburn (2-0).

=============== #8 Oklahoma Sooners (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Oklahoma won 42-34 against TCU (1-1).
    This week, the Sooners travel to Columbus to face the #1 Ohio State Buckeyes (2-0).

=============== #1 Ohio State Buckeyes (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 24-21 against Texas (1-1).
    This week, the Buckeyes will host #8 Oklahoma (1-1).

=============== #2 Oregon Ducks (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 56-13 against Washington State (0-1).
    This week, the Ducks will host #19 UCLA (0-2).

=============== Oregon State Beavers (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Oregon State won 24-21 against Texas A&M (1-1).
    This week, the Beavers travel to Tucson to face the #17 Arizona Wildcats (2-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LT Steve Williams has committed to Oregon State

=============== #9 Texas Longhorns (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Texas lost 24-21 against Ohio State (2-0).
    This week, the Longhorns will host Cal (1-1).

=============== #19 UCLA Bruins (0-2) ===============
    Last week, UCLA lost 39-23 against Wisconsin (2-0).
    This week, the Bruins travel to Eugene to face the #2 Oregon Ducks (2-0).

=============== #4 Wisconsin Badgers (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 39-23 against UCLA (0-2).
    This week, the Badgers travel to South Bend to face the #6 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (2-0).

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

UCLA 17
    Oregon 24

Hard fought game and another classic in this series. The Ducks got things started with a pick of Bruin QB Alex McCray and a 9 yard td pass to wr Richard. The Bruins responded with a 1 yard td run by Joe Dixon, 7-7. Oregon marched right down the field and took the lead back on a 8 yard strike to wr Kevin Walters. UCLA put together a nice drive and tied it up on a short td pass to the TE. The Ducks fumbled on the kickoff and UCLA recovered with a minute left in the half. The Ducks held UCLA to a field goal, and trailed at half 17-14. The Ducks tied it up to start the 3rd quarter with a field goal. After the teams next couple of possessions stalled, the Ducks got the ball back to start the 4th quarter after another pick. Oregon got lucky as they came to the line with the perfect play call. QB Buck Townsend faked the handoff and seeing broken coverage downfield, threw a 63 yard td strike to Wr Kevin Walters. UCLA went 3 and out on the next possession, but got the ball back 2 plays later on a fumble caused by a great hit stick tackle. Oregon's defense held and the Ducks were able to run out the clock.

Great game recchem. Like I said last night, I like these games much better than when our teams are so uneven talent-wise.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Me too dakota. Im in a serious user game losing streak right now. Gotta be about 5 or 6 in a row. If I lose next week to Oregon State, I feel sorry for the CPU team I play after that! GG man. I had my chances but let them slip away. That Zoo is a tough place to play, just ask my QB. Back to back weeks in Wisconsin and Eugene has Alex McCray questioning himself right about now!

5. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

You are going to lose two more user games to extend the streak to 8

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

We'll see about that. Im due to win one these damn things!

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Looks like we could have a double header sometime in the next few days!

8. omega41

omega41 Walk On

Words can explain how far Iowa has fallen compared to the first few seasons. They will be major personnel changes as of today. The VT game was so brutal that I posted the replays of VT straight clowning my defense because a picture is worth a thousand words for sure.

Iowa loses 3 straight as they go down to the #1 offense in the nation to the score of 35 -24 and believe me it was worst as that was 'garbage' points :(.

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Welcome to the 0-3 club Omega!

10. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Texas 48
    Cal 0

The TrippleHorn Cruises to Victory

Holman, while stop behind the line more than his coach would have wanted, piled up another 295 combined rushing and passing yards with 2 TDs. The Cal Bear offense never really stood a chance against the outstanding Texas defense. Backup QB Greg Newsome also looked very solid in limited playing, providing hope for the TrippleHorn offense if (knock on wood) anything were to happen to the starting qb taking 20+ hits a game.

11. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

#3Auburn 14 @ Texas A&M 24

The Texas A&M Aggies played a beautifully sloppy game Saturday night in the rain, thoroughly dominating the #3 ranked Tigers in all phases and earning their first victory over a top 10 opponent since coach Davis took over back in 2010. The offensive line controlled the Auburn front seven, grinding out 174 yards on the ground, including McCloud's 102 yards and all 3 backs (McCloud, Neal and Fry) finding the endzone.

Auburn played a miserable game, and never really got started, fumbling on only the second play of the game (3 times overall) and not scoring till 6 minutes were left, down 17-0. After the score, the AU defense got a stop but during the ensuing possession qb Browne would be sacked deep in Auburn territory, forcing the Tigers to punt with under 3 minutes left. A&M would seal the deal with a 6 play drive to score a td and put Auburn away.

The 12th Man stormed the field after Howell took a knee for the last time, celebrating with their team and coach in a win that is sure to propel them into the national spotlight heading into conference play. Now they will face Oklahoma State next week.

12. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

I dont see week 5 up but Im almost positive we're advancing today. I wont be able to play till wednesday at the earliest because my internet got shut off and checks have to clear. Please do not sim me until after wednesday if the cpu game advance is tuesday night... Im on 3g for now :(

13. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

OSU 38
    UA 42

I was going to let Jface write this up, but he hasn't gotten to it yet.

OSU is about 30 seconds away from being undefeated. However, the Beavers are 1-2. This was a very close and exciting game filled with big plays. Arizona jumped out to a 21-7 lead early in the second quarter. Then Oregon State drove down the field and scored to make the game 21-14. Then on the ensuing kickoff John Griffin returned it all the way for a score, giving the Wildcats the 14 point lead back. This was very painful to the Beavers as this was the second kickoff return for a TD in the game. After both teams traded possession. OSU got the ball inside their five yard line, this was a common theme throughout this game. The Beavers had horrible field position to start many of their drives. Oregon State chose to run the ball with UCLA transfer, Sam Edwards, who busted through the hole and ran 98 yards for a TD. However, there was enough time for Arizona to go back down the field and score a TD making the score at half 35-21.

In the second half the Beavers mounted a strong comeback. The Beavers pulled to within 7 on a 45 yard TD pass from Johnson to Myron Downs. The Wildcats throughout the second half were able to move but could convert those possessions into points. Each time though the Wildcats were able to force the Beavers to start inside their 10 yard line. Luckily the Beavers would force a turnover early in the fourth quarter giving the Beavers excellent field position inside the Arizona's forty yard line. A few plays later the Beavers would tie the game on TD pass from Johnson to TE Tim Kemp. On the next Arizona drive diaster would strike again this time with an interception with a little over 3 minutes remaining things looked real good for the Beavers. The Beavers again marched the ball down the field, but had to settle for a field goal with 49 seconds remaining in the game. Arizona would get one last chance they got inside or near the Beavers 30, then there was a holding penalty, and then there was sack, making it 2nd and 27 on the 50, somehow Arizona's QB found Paul Abrams on a deep pass and he was able to get through the defenders for the game winning score with 20 seconds remaining. I hate this game sometimes.