2015 Schedule Analysis

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by tuco418, Apr 14, 2010.

1. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

2015 Schedule Analysis

Schedules ranked in order of degree of difficulty

1. Miami Non-conference- #4 Michigan, #21 UCF, Navy, ends season at #2 LSU. Eessh… the athletic director must not care for Coach JCA. The Canes face a murderers’ row and the toughest schedule in the country. They face four teams in the top seven, including both #1 FSU and #2 LSU, not to mention opening up in the Big House against Michigan.

2. Florida State Non-conference- at #6 Penn State, #9 Cal, at West Virginia, #10 Florida. If the Noles get to the BCS championship again, they will have certainly have earned it. Six ranked team dot the ledger, including #6 Penn State, #9 Cal and #12 Miami all in the first four weeks.

3. Penn State Non-conference- #1 Florida State, UConn, #16 Pitt, Louisiana Tech. Year three of the Coach Ceps era gets off to a bang when defending national champ Florida State comes to Happy Valley. The Nittany Lions also renew their rivalry with Pitt and face the four other ranked Big Ten teams, including trips to Columbus, South Bend and Madison.

4. LSU Non-conference- #3 Ohio State, at #13 Rutgers, Purdue, #12 Miami. Four of the six ranked teams the Bayou Bengals face are on the road. Huge national picture implications are on the line when the Buckeyes come to town to open the season.

5. Tennessee Non-conference- #25 Wisconsin, #7 Georgia Tech, Tulsa, #18 Texas. Tennessee has seven road games and a nasty two week stretch in October when they face Florida and Georgia Tech, both top ten teams.

6.Wisconsin Non-conference- #8 Tennessee, #20 NC State, #24 Cincinnati, Wyoming. With Coach Tuco on the hot seat after last season’s disappointment, Wisconsin better fix things quickly. The Badgers begin the year with four straight against ranked foes and, after their opener against the Vols, don’t come back to Madison until October 10. They do avoid Ohio State in Big Ten play.

7. Florida Non-conference- Air Force, #19 Kansas, #1 Florida State, Temple. The Gators, who slipped a bit last season after a title in 2013, have their destiny in their hands as they face the nation’ s top two teams in Florida State and LSU. Temple and Air Force are fodder.

8. Georgia Non-conference- #20 NC State, at #3 Ohio State, #7 Georgia Tech, San Diego State. First year coach Jigcityboss gets four straight road games in late September/ early October including a trip to the shoe. The Dogs draw Alabama and Auburn from the SEC West and close the year as always with rival Georgia Tech.

9. NC State Non-conference- Georgia, #25 Wisconsin, West Virginia, Southern Miss, #23 Utah. The Pack face their share of heavyweights in conference in FSU and Georgia Tech but make just five trips out of Raliegh.

10. Ohio State Non-conference- #2 LSU, Georgia, #14 Boise State, Memphis If the Buckeyes get thru September unscathed, they should be undefeated until their lovefest with #4 Michigan. They make a trip to the blue rug in Idaho to see if Boise State is for real.

11. Michigan Non-conference- #12 Miami, Houston, #15 Arizona State, New Mexico. Miami makes their first trip to Ann Arbor since their incredible comeback in 1988. The Wolverines hope to build off last season’s one loss campaign and should be at least a touchdown favorite in ten of 12 games.

12. Georgia Tech Non-conference- #17 Texas Tech, Georgia, Hawaii, #8 Tennessee. The Jackets came within a whisker of a title in 2013 and this schedule allows for another run at it. Tech avoids FSU in regular season play (but could meet the Noles again in ACC championship). Texas Tech and Tennessee are ranked among their non-conference foes but they both come to Atlanta.

2. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

nice in depth look TUCO! Great read man.

3. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Great read..3 ranked non conference opponents plus the SEC I have my work cut out for me

4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Excellent work Tuco. Very impressive bro. It's obvious from the information given you put some time into this.

Thanks man. Keep it up. Very unique.

5. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Great post Tuco!

I did the scheduling as I always do, find 4 user games per person and rank the top 12 CPU teams not from the ACC, Big Ten, and SEC. Only a few people(myself included) had all 3 users from their connference on the schedule, so naturally those that didn't may appear to have a tougher bunch of games. That said, every team had an A+ strength of schedule.

What I found interesting is notable programs like USC, Oklahoma, and Nebraska all were not among the top 12 non ACC, Big Ten, SEC teams

6. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

You do a great job at it Hood (wish you did it for the real NCAA), there are some great matchups, especially amoungst big boys. I recall from playing personal dynasties that you cant always get who you want where and when.

7. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Bump on this thread by Tuco at the begining of the season.....

A lot of your thoughts in this thread tuco are becoming pretty accurate....

8. Dean

Dean Walk On

Tuco and his crystal ball

9. MisterTIDE51

MisterTIDE51 Walk On

Great job TUCO

10. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

yeah great job..that damn road trip caught up with me when i lost to BAMA!!!