2015 Scouting

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by Qwigly, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

Columbia (theamazingness)

Offense: Playbook pro style but has evolved to a spread. I recall one UC formation, I form FB dive on 3rd and short. Prefers 11 personnel from gun but will use 10 a fair amount and sprinkle in some 12, 20 or 21 packages/formations. Leans on run game with alot of manual motion to create a numbers advantage for blocking. Will try to trick the defense by motioning the back out on option plays. Doesnt appear really comfortable passing the ball but can do so effectively when D sells out to stop run. Although run oriented, mixed the types of runs and some pass in well.

Defense: Think it was mainly 4 man front, very blitz heavy. Started out usering LB and a little safety, moving the player around a great deal and manually blitzing which costs him in pass coverage. Started playing DL as game progressed, still moving him around a bit; taking player inside, outside or opposite side of fromation. Above average to good stick skills and very quick to switch players, taking advantage of how quickly Heisman reacts to passes and creating some pretty amazing user picks.

2. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Scouting on Guru - Delaware

Offense: Runs the spread option. Runs probably 80% of the time. Does not pass much. Runs the hurry up offense. Doesn't run up the middle much. Likes to let his RB bounce outside or keeps with the QB. I got torched by his QB cuz my entire defense would bite on the hand off. I had to start controlling the DEs to stop that.

Defense: Runs press the entire game. A lot of man coverage. My QBs made some terrible throws and I got picked off 5 times. I'm telling the douche to loft it over the top and he just throws it on a line where the ball has to go through the defender to get to my WR. That didn't work out well and his DBs took advantage.

3. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Wrong thread.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  4. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

He started it... I didn't wanna leave him hanging.

5. nikpin

Oh no sorry I was replying to the obama thread and somehow ended up in here.

6. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

So basically...you were in the wrong thread and you posted that I was in the wrong thread because you thought i was posting in a different thread...got it.

7. nikpin

No I replied to ur post but thought I was replying to the obama post. I cut and paste my reply into the other thread and wrote wrong thread in this thread.

8. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

So essentially we've just been writing messages back and forth to get this figured out because we're both bored and have little else to do...

9. nikpin

The market is down 315 points. I'm actually busy but I like to keep myself entertained.

10. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

xGRIDIRONxGURUx GO DUCKS. WIN THE DAY.

of course i will bounce stuff out when i face a 4-3 base vs every set... thats just a given

but i dont press that much geez

11. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

LOL, I didn't run it against every set. I actually match my defense 95% of the time typically. You have 2 WR, I run 4-3. You have 3 WR, I run nickel, 4 WR- Dime... I actually had to change that against you and run 4-3 against your 3 WR sets cuz you weren't throwing much anyway so I stopped respecting the pass.

12. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

lol, JQwon just called you a cheezer with the amount of press you run apparently :p

13. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I should have run drags all game ;)

14. Gyrene76

haha, are you referring to Nik? Because I've never been accused of drags. I actually run very few if any of those.

15. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Yeah I was referring to nikpin . Guru called him cheese last season for running drags all game... Although, drags is what you run against man coverage...especially press. Almost all the teams in our flag football league run zone, but we played an almost all black team that was very athletic but ran man coverage. So we ran drags all game and I just picked them apart.

16. Gyrene76

lol,

When I played Dylan, I didn't have the athletes to run much man. My defense is horrid. So I ran a lot of zone. I nearly beat that mug. We were tied up and my idiot QB threw it to a LB. Game over

17. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

In my last two games...I've lost the turnover battle 12-1... Your anger cannot touch mine. And I still only lost both of them by 3 points.

18. Gyrene76

haha, if you are -11 on turnovers, and still only lost by a FG, you are in good shape to start spanking some people.

19. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

2 possesion game and victory formation=nearly beat that mug. Good to know. (y)

20. Gyrene76

haha, you won fair and square. Don't get your panties in a wad. It changed everything when you picked me off. Which was my fault for the pass. Just be lucky I don't have a defense.

• Like Like x 1
  21. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

xGRIDIRONxGURUx GO DUCKS. WIN THE DAY.

its no secret in any forum i participate in... i run the ball... a ton... and then when i have you thinking i may pass... i run it a few more times... on 3rd and 7... there is a 90% chance i will be running... i played press a lot against you because you rolled way out of the pocket 80% of the time, even when i only rushed 1 guy... why i was getting so many TFL's and sacks... and i also show press a lot while coaching "aggressive zone" coverage to "look" like man... so i do see where it looks like it, but i am not that stupid especially after i see you (or any opponent) stand in there and toss a deep ball on me after someone beats the press and i am looking run with my FS...

i dont care to tell everybody what i run, i will even tell you my audibles and quick audibles... once you run a certain system for so long, it doesnt matter what i get shown, im still going to run my set of plays and watch who my opponent users and how they play with them, that dictates my passing plays...

22. Gyrene76

You just got served

• Like Like x 1
  23. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

How? We're supposed to give scouting reports on users. There's a thread for it. If he wants to give one on himself, more power to him.

24. nikpin

Amen to this.

25. Gyrene76

I just wanted to say you got served.