2015 Season Kickoff

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, May 30, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

2015 Season Kickoff

Alright week 1 is upon us. User games are on the heavy side this year since recruiting will be unnecessary this season. I still expect game summaries from everyone also this year will be beta testing for your new forum content segments if youd like, if you still want to sign up for something let me know. We will be sticking to hard 3 days advances this season to make sure we complete the season in time.

Alright for Week 1, 4 big user matchups:

#9 Michigan (Big Suge knight) @ #11 Miami (bravejaf)

#1 Penn St (Hokie Effect) @ #12 Nebraska (pipehitter351)

#6 Ohio St (Maslerboros16) @ #7 VA Tech (Dj391)

#21 Florida St (abolishthefed) @ UCLA (Recchem2000)

Alright guys let's get em scheduled asap. Next ADV NO later than Wed night at 10 PM EST. Good Luck this season to all and play fair out there!

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

Va Tech 55

OSU 14

The sting of shitty receivers hits the Bucks. The Hokies got a bit of tunnel vision throwing to speedy Davis 7 times for 195 yds and 4 TDs. The game was close until the second half when the OSU offense shut down. For some reason my secondary could not keep up with them, the only time they did anything was an interception in the 4th quarter that did nothing. Probably didn't help we were arguing most of the time.

GG DJ, I never want to play you again :).

3. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

One of ypur wide outs had the same amount of catches just less yards snd tds my wides are burners what can i say

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

mine have no speed. Corso could outrun them barefoot

Guess it's the nickle and dime game this year

5. Hova

#2 USC 25
    Wisconsin 35

USC Heads to a rowdy Wisconsin where they are knocked off by the badgers. The repeat champions finally fell thanks to crappy inaccurate QBs trying to run a new offense and most of all to the Girl coaches DJ and Masler who cannot play a game without crying to me the whole time breaking my concentration. USC heads back to the Grand Ole Lady next week to take on Ceewo and his 8th Ranked Sooners.

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

It's your own fault you stayed in the party, dont go blaming us

7. Hova

I need a down season to shine my 9 rings, I didn't wanna run out of fingers ;)

8. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

you're missing a finger? does that make it hard to play?

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

lol that's a shot below the belt..do I have to make a season comeback?

10. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Oklahoma at Air Force

Column 1
    Oklahoma Air Force
    27 Score 17
    21 First Downs 20
    405 Total Offense 338
    37-160-1 Rushes - Yards - TD 31-119-1
    19-27-2 Comp - Att - TD 17-34-1
    245 Passing Yards 219
    6-11 (54%) 3rd Down Conv 7-12(58%)
    1-1 (100%) 4th Down Conv 0-1 (0%)
    1 Turnovers 2
    1-5 Penalties - Yards 1-5
    17:19 T.O.P. 7:25

Oklahoma opened the 2015 season against Airforce. Joseph Culp regained his starting QB role after being benched his junior year. The WR core should be solid with Mike Harris and Andy Marks coming off of a solid season. Albert Brooks is a redshirt freshman and will look to contribute to the passing game. At running back RS FR Chaz Benjamin is a speedster who should add some explosiveness to the ground game.

Oklahoma started fast, outscoring Air Force 14-0 in the opening quarter. Culp threw both TD passes, a 28 yard TD to Harris and a 13 yard TD to Brooks.

Harris TD
    Brooks TD

Air Force would get on the board in the 2nd quarter with a 71 yard TD run by QB Utley. The guy was slow, but just would not go down. Later in the quarter Chaz Benjamin would score his first career TD.

Benjamin TD

And right before halftime Air Force was looking to get back into the game with a score to cut the lead to 7, they also would receive the ball after half. This was a key turnover in the game.
    Horton INT

The second half saw Oklahoma grind the ball on offense, adding a pair of FG's and the sooner D harrassing the Air Force QB.

Bryant Sack

Next up for the Sooners is Coach Hova and his 2 time defending champs. The Trojans were upset in Week 1 and I am sure they will be out for blood.

Column 1
    Passing Rating Comp Att Yards TD INT
    Joseph Culp 163.6 19 27 245 2 1
    Rushing Att Yards AVG TD
    Chaz Benjamin 24 116 4.8 1
    Joe Jefferson 9 54 6 0
    Receiving Rec Yards AVG TD
    Andy Marks 5 81 16.2 0
    Mike Harris 4 81 20.2 1
    Albert Brooks 3 36 12 1
    Defense Tackle TFL Sack INT
    Brent Horton 7 0 0 1
    Ryan Jones 2 0 0 1
    Brandon Bryant 2 2 2 0

11. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Wow this really opens up the BCS title race, but don't count out USC just yet cause if your gonna lose, lose early.

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

that's why I calmed down quickly from the va tech loss...although I was quite pissed it didn't take long for me to cool off

13. Hokie Effect

Penn State- 41
    Nebraska- 17

The Nittany Lions built a big lead early and never looked back. In his Penn State debut QB Josh Dunlop looked nearly perfect 13/19 290yds 3 TD 1 INT. WR Brown continued his dominance from last season with 4 rec 138yds 2 TD. CB Corey Smith had a pick 6 for 78yds early in the second half to really seal the deal and foil teh Cornhuskers attempt of a comeback. Up next for the #1 team in the land is Oregon.

14. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

Dunlap is one of the best QB's I've played against. His completion numbers are deceiving because the ones he missed on were caught out of bounds. He literally had 1 bad pass the whole game. He's no joke. Not that it would matter much because your running game is legit as well. Tough team, tough coach, great game plan. GG Hokie.

15. Hokie Effect

Yeah I was really nervous going into this year after losing my 3 year starting QB and having Dunlop step in with zero experiance. I decided to take a consevative approach and play small ball; really work the run game and play action passes. It's too bad you couldn't find your ground game earlier. Your starting RB goes down and the back up gets 100+yds in the second half. I couldn't stop him in the 4th quarter. GG and good luck to ya the rest of the season.

And I forgot about the highlight reel Masler and Harris are working on. I wish I would have saved that long TD reception of Brown's and the pick 6.

16. Masler

Masler Moderator

Does this mean I have a chance to beat you this year?

17. Hokie Effect

Nope. Penn State should still be favored by 21 over Ohio State.

18. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

Yeah I was kicking myself for abandoning the run so early but I had no idea that my new o-line (i signed a few JUCO's) was so stout. I'll keep that in mind from here on out. Would love to tee it up again, knowing what we know now.

19. Hova

Look for an advance tonight sometime after the UCLA vs FSU game.

20. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

#21 FSU 42
    UCLA 38

The game was a seesaw battle the whole way. Neither defense showed up. The first big momentum swing occurred late in the second quarter, with UCLA leading 17-14. FSU So QB Kenny Pitts, making his first career start, underthrew an open WR on playaction that was intercepted. UCLA would cash in a couple plays later with a TD to take a 24-14 lead. That score would hold until halftime.

FSU received the ball to start the second half and went on a long TD drive. UCLA was able to answer with a TD on their ensuing possession for a 31-21 lead going into the 4th quarter. FSU would score on the next possession, to go down 31-28. On UCLA's next possession, FSU's defense would hold for a 3 and out. FSU marched down the field behind the tough running of Sr Kevin Vaughn for a TD and their first lead of the day, 35-31 with a little over a minute left. UCLA went down the field in 2 or 3 plays and scored, leaving 45 seconds left. FSU did not have much of a return and started the final drive deep in their own territory. Pitts threw for a first down and mixed in a couple incompletions to move the ball to the FSU 32 with only 12 seconds remaining. The Seminoles lined up in a 4 WR set, with both outside receivers running 9 routes. The UCLA defense appeared to be in a cover 1 or a cover 2 where the right safety covered the middle of the field. Pitts saw the 1 on 1 coverage and threw the bomb to Sr WR Michael Carey for an improbable TD. I will post the play on Masler's highlight thread. The FSU defense would register a sack on the final play.

21. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I was actually in cover 3 so I dont know what the heck happened to my safety on that last play. It was a heartbreaking lose for the Bruins. My defense was terrible. I could not slow down either of your 2 backs. Overall, it was a great game, but one I would have liked to walk away with winning :) GG bsta!

22. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

For some reason your outside safeties would keep getting out of position against that formation. I missed a receiver in the same situation on the opposite side of the field about 3 plays earlier. That was one of the best user games I've been involved in. Good luck the rest of the season.

23. Hova

Sounds like a great game. Nice plays from both of you