2015 Sliders

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are gunna try a new set next year and this is how its gunna go. Everyone post a set that you would like to use. Please make sure this is a set that Users have actually lost on before and preferably a set used on TSO by other leagues. Everyone try to comment on what set you like or would like to try. The more you voice your opinion the greatest chance we choose that. If not I will just select one I would like to try and thats what we will use.

please post a complete set with all the parameters including speed and threshold.

Whatever one I choose to use we will roll with for a year and give feedback on, then make tweaks or throw it out or keep it. So lets see what ya got, we have a few weeks to decide so lets get to it.

2. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

I like ours with two tweaks - USER picks increase and USER run block increase.

3. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

This is the set I came up with we used in Overdrive (yes, Raidernation the set after we bumped user catch up some). I know some don't like slow, but I despise normal. It just feels arcadey on normal, so I'll keep pushing for slow.

Heisman
    7min qts.
    Slow game speed
    0 speed threshold

Penalties (if not listed, keep at 50)
    Offsides- 90
    False start- 90
    Offensive and defensive pass interference, and kr/pr interference- 100
    Intentional grounding- 100

Sliders: user/CPU (if not listed, keep at 50)
    QB accuracy- 35/35
    Pass blocking- 55/40
    WR catching- 45/40
    RB ability- 50/50
    Run blocking- 50/50
    Pass coverage- 95/95
    Pass rush- 60/40
    Interceptions- 30/25
    Rush defense- 50/60
    Tackling- 50/65
    FG power- 45/45
    Kickoff power- 40/50

4. Hova

5. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hova

anything anyone else?

7. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

I agree with fmode, I would also suggest a bump in pass coverage

8. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I lost to the cpu last year...so I didn't mind the ones we had.

9. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Heisman = drop CPU RB ability

10. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Absolutely! The vast difference in the CPU's ability to break tackle's compared to USER RB is absurd.

I love to pound the rock but struggle to break more than 1 or 2 tackles a game. Even with a RB who could dump truck 3/4 of the Pac 12 given the chance. The CPU meanwhile will break 1-2 tackles PER CARRY!

11. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Yup CPU QB's are Marino/Barry Sanders

12. Hova

so same set but slightly easier? I will drop a few things then I suppose and we will try that. If everyone goes undefeated vs CPU its back to something else

13. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

I would suggest like 5 point drops, I find it strange most people want it easier.

14. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I wish we could try my set. The problem with our set now isn't CPU difficulty but cheapness. I think my set offers a more balanced, fair game all around. I guess the masses have spoken though:(

15. Hova

made a few 5 tweaks and dropped threshold another 5

16. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

HovaTheGodMC

The sliders we have now are VERY easy. Far too easy in my opinion. My QB was 18/19 and even though he has 99 throwing accuracy, no should be 18/19. These werent short dinky passes either, i had a 63 yard pass and a total of 323 yards. Also, the CPU threw 5 ints. I understand that if they make a mistake it should be taken advantage of but they lobbed rainbows into my defenders hands. I never really shut anyone out so this irked me. The CPU AI was dumbed down too much in rush defense, i was able to make them miss just by running straight to the sidelines (only tested this for the sliders, did not abuse this the entire game). And as far as pass rush goes, if i usered a DE and hit right or Left on the right analog stick i shed the blocker and rushed the QB. I played #18 Iowa so im not sure how much tougher it gets CPU wise.

I know that as a commish it is impossible to accommodate the wants of everyone and not everyone will agree on certain slider sets, but im willing to take the time and mess around with different slider sets to offer a challenging but realistic approach. I can GUARANTEE i will not lose to the CPU with these sets, and i took 2 CPU losses last season.

I vote for trying dj illmatic 23 's sliders. Or one of these sliders from Operation Sports (which i use in offline dynasties)

2 suggestions from OS:

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...561129-jarodd21s-ncaa-13-heisman-sliders.html

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...-secelites-2012-heisman-slider-set-enjoy.html

17. Hova

as for them being easy we had ALOT of losses to CPU last year. You do have one of the best teams

18. Hova

of course these are the updated sliders

19. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I really wish we'd try mine. If everyone wants to shit on them afterwards fine, but at least give them a shot.

20. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

Last year my team was still 95 OVR and i had 2 CPU losses. I know my team is stacked but the talent level is almost identical to Wisconsin, Washington, Maryland, Virginia. My point was, i was chewing the clock in the 2nd after putting up 28 or so in the 1st just because of 3 INTs and unstoppable offense. I know my team is great, but my team isnt THAT much better than the other users. Maybe it was because i played Iowa, but they were ranked #18.

21. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

Just got done playing my game, and so far I'm liking the sliders. Even though I won 35-7, it didn't feel like it. Every possession mattered and it seemed like Boise was one drive away from being right back in it. I think the biggest thing I noticed was the improvement in defense. I was able to play zone effectively and pressure their QB. The stat bar showed I had 10 hurries, 3 knockdowns, and 3 sacks.

I think its way too early to be clamoring for new sliders, especially when everyone hasn't played yet. I think we should wait until mid-season at the earliest to be making a decision for new sliders.

• Like Like x 2
  22. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

I played my game tonight. I like the new slider set except for one. I'm not sure what the user/cpu INT rate is but after THE FIRST HALF, we both had 3 picks each. College DB's looking like Deion Sanders. lol Buy maybe you guys like that. Just seemed like the DB's were all over every WR. My opinion is it needs to be toned down a notch. Yes we should try it and get input from everyone. Just giving my opinion. Missouri was playing like the 85 Bears. Blitzing like crazy.

23. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

+1

I played Buffalo, but it was entirely too easy. I'll be able to tell later on when I play harder competition.

24. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

I have a set I'll post soon. I think it will be tough, but not have a cheesy feel. Just a few more tweaks. I'd really encourage you to,give these a shot.

25. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

HovaTheGodMC - Can you post the final sliders were working with? Or what all was changed. I was reading above and lot of things where posted but I don't know exactly what was eventually exactly determined.