2015 Team Outlook

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Dec 30, 2010.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

How's your team looking? Where'd your starting lineup get better? Worse?

Will someone who isn't doing anything content-wise post the Overall/Offense/Defense ratings of the conference teams ITT?

2. DirtycashDylan

Better:
    DB. Almost all of my starting D backfield returned and not one of them retained their job.
    OL. The nucleus didn't lose much and were joined by an transfer 82 ovr G to lead them.

Worse:
    DL. I had one of the best starting Dlines in H4Y last year and they were all SRs.
    TE. I was already thin and my SO decided to transfer to EMU for no apparent reason. TE this year is consisting of a converted SR FB and a 57 ovr true frosh.

Prediction:
    WKU took a step back in '14 with 5 losses but we look to get back on track this year. Anything less than 10 wins will be a disappointment.

3. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

Better:
    QB's
    All my quaterbacks came back and my starter is now a junior.
    DB's
    Not that they are great but I did't lose much as far a starters. Maybe a corner but thats about it. Look for SS Kelly Newton to have a solid senior year, while leading the team picks and in the top two in tackles.

Worse:
    RB's
    I lost my starter, Donald who was my team last year. Did not getting any recurits and have a battle between between a few scrubs.
    OL
    This is my weak spot. The best player on my oline is 69.

Front Seven.
    I have only 2 guys that are worth a damn here. And one is a DT that would better DE but I need him.

Prediction
    QB Kyle Mckinnny stays healthy (missed first 7 games last year) and leads ULM to 8 wins. This looks to be the tougest schedule ever for these Warhawks but coach thinks they will be up for it.

The Warkawks will be playing a multiple style D and the TEXAS playbook.

4. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Better:

DE: Both of my defensive ends are back and are prolly the strongest part of my team, but I lost both of my DTs so the Dline as a whole stays about the same.

Worse:

OL: Lost 3 out of 5 starters on the O Line. I still have an 89 tackle and a 75 guard, but the other 3 are well below par.
    LBs: I had to replace both Adam Collins and my other starting linebacker (I run the 4-2-5 so I only start two LBs). I'll be starting a true frosh 68 at MLB.
    Secondary: Graduated both safeties and my number one CB. My SS this year is still pretty solid as he's a sophomore and played some last year. But my FS is a true frosh 61 and he'll have to step his game up.

All around, my team probably will take a big step back this year as I also had to replace my starting QB, RB and #1 WR. But this team will fight through.

5. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Better:
    Secondary. No CB's graduated and Sherman grew up some more 90 something overall as a JR.

Worse:
    Pretty much every where else. QB, HB, FB, WR, all lost some big time starters. DT is thin having to go with a 3 man front. Should be an interesting year.

Not expecting to surprise people like I did last year. Juco QB will be servicable but no Brunetti will show and Army will struggle early.

6. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Better: Defense - all around.

I lost my SS and a corner but everybody else is back and some redshirted depth is finally showing up. 2nd team all American Tom Merrill came in as my 3rd best DE after Reese outworked him and freshman Tim Little comes in at a 71 overall. So Merrill moves to DT and gains a few points there. I've got speed on defense and although it sounds weird, my linebacker depth is allowing me to go to the 4-2-5. I have the db's for it finally, and I've got enough speed in the LB position that I can go to the 4-4 package against some of the run heavy teams in the league and still have enough speed on the field to defend the pass. Excited about the defense.

Wash: RB and receivers. I lose Calhoun (who was a 96 overall last year) but for all his good attributes, his 80's speed wasn't exactly breakaway and there were several times when a faster back would've turned a 12 yard gain into a 50 yard touchdown. Sr Carrington saw plenty of action last year and he's got good hands. Last season he was formation subbed into the jet sweep receiver position on all formations that have the jet sweep play, and he got some quality PT on 3rd downs. This year his 94 speed will be featured in the backfield and I expect the RB position to be more explosive but less consistent. I also have a freshman fullback that's a lot better rated than the last guy I had (converted O-Lineman) but it's fullback and I don't really use that position.

Receivers- I lose Biletnikoff winner/Security blanket Mitchell Crockum, who bailed me out countless times. Also lose Kyle Kerfoot, a decent slow white slot guy. They are replaced by taller, faster, more athletic receivers, but I had two drops that I was unhappy about against Tennessee. On paper, my overall corps is better, but we'll see if they play like it.

O-line. My o-line ratings stay pretty much the same, except instead of a bunch of seniors, it is now full of redshirt freshmen and sophs. This group should be pretty good in a couple of years. We'll see if they can handle the heat this season....didn't do a very good job against Tennessee but they had a pretty good defense and blitzed a lot.

Worse: Quarterback. Bryan Sixmore, where have you gone? Last season it was week 5 before I threw my first interception. This season, Senior Brent Terry threw an INT on our first play of the season. He's nothing to sneeze at, it was a bad read and I probably shouldn't have thrown the ball. I think he'll be fine, but I'll miss the 89 speed/97 accuracy I had with Sixmore last season. Terry won't be scrambling much. RS Soph Jim Rice is just a hair below Terry, so if he does get hurt, I shouldn't miss a beat with the backup. Which is nice to know considering the youth of my offensive line.

Overall, I think my team will be pretty good. I have ULL and Utah State coming up the next two weeks, and after those two games we'll know a lot more about how the West will shape up.

Offense: Penn State
    Defense: 4-2-5

7. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Utah State reps 28 seniors this year. A mix of the first big recruit class along with some transfers. 8 seniors are 4 year starters. Lost 7 players that seriously contributed last year and only face 1 team that beat USU in last year's 10-3 record.

Better: Secondary- Lost 2 CBs, but retain my top cover CB. Biggest difference here is the 2 RS Sr Transfers that are now eligible at the safety positions. Both are over 80 ovrl, where USU has never had much talent at FS and SS.

Better/same- Front 7- Lost just one linebacker, but the entire D-Line returns. 6 foot 7 sr lineback should plug in as the 3rd LB with no dropoff from last year. mostly the same talent just increased from offseason training.
    O-Line- lost 2 srs but even replacements along with a transfer at center who is now eligable.
    WR- lost 1 sr (6 foot 6 Bonds) Have 3 good seniors. Only question is if they will need to be shuffled around of if ESPNU top 150 WR 6 foot 5 Davis can plug in for Bonds.
    QB- Sapp is back/slightly improved. Redshirting Brewster for next season so depth has been reduced.

Worse: HB- Return 1000+ yard rusher Harvey Davis(1st team pre-season all-american) but the #2 back graduated. Have a sophomore who will likely be the new 2 back.

Easily my best team so far, only concern is depth at some spots. Injuries could ruin the season.

8. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Team Rating:
    Team OVR OFF DEF
    WKU C C C
    UAB C B- C
    ULL C C+ C
    WMU C C+ C+
    USU C C+ C
    Idaho C C+ C
    KSU C- C C-
    Army D+ D+ C
    ASU D D D
    EMU D D D
    ULM D D+ D

I don't know how to do tables anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  9. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

UAB, best team in the conference?

10. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Wow, yea unless I wrote that down wrong it looks that way (No offense Rec).

11. DirtycashDylan

That's legit. UAB or WMU based on ratings.

12. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

Better: QB - only slightly better but Landrum is a bit more agile and has better accel and 90 break tackle is just great

HB: Titus Cox has one year under his belt and looks to come out strong

WR: Didnt lose a single one... very strong group

o-line - better across the board and Kyle bonner (OU transfer) is a stud

Secondary: Steve Kane returns as a 91 and all my CBs return led by Kory Roberts

Worse: Dline - just no depth

13. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Better: Nothing

Worse: Everything

Prediction: 3-9

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Based on ratings, not the player. We'll find ways to lose again this year but overall we are better than last season, despite losing some key guys. If my QB stays healthy, who knows!

15. Full Moon Fever

Yeah, it's all about the right attributes at the right positions. Army was a D last year and won the freaking mnc.

16. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

And staying healthy. My starters are okay, but one injury could ruin my whole offense or defense...

17. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Strengths: Center and MLB. Should have a decent running attack and should be ok against the run.
    Weaknesses: Secondary.

One of these years you will all regret mocking EMU.

18. nikpin

Better: WR's I didn't graduate a single one and have a ton of depth with two studs on the outside.
    DL I lost one starter but the guy replacing him is even better. Progression is nice.
    Safety 4 year starter Walter Battle progressed and transfer Ed Mason gets on the field to give me one of the better safety combos in the conference.

Worse: QB Absolutely no replacing Robert Bolden. Pollock is a better fit for my style of play but I'd still take Bolden every day of the week.
    RB Again absolutely no replacing Tevin Drake as it's a 10+ point drop in OVR for me at the position. Just a RB by committee approach for me this year.
    OL I graduated OVR of 85, 96 and 79. I replaced them with 73, 74 and 75. FML

19. Full Moon Fever

Youll get no sympathy from me as your 73, 74, and 75 would be my three best linemen.

20. nikpin

LOL well going from a 85 to 73 a 96 to 74 and a 79 to 75 makes me cringe.

21. Full Moon Fever

What are you going to do if we ever catch up to your talent level?

22. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Wanna trade? I've got nothing above a 67 on my Oline

23. nikpin

Not let my girlfriend play the games.

• Like Like x 3