2015 Team Previews

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

The Experience

Get 'em up!

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

[​IMG]

2015 Michigan State Spartans Preview
    Offense

QB: There will be a QB battle in East Lansing this year. Connor Cook has not been able to lead us to much success and there are two QBs behind him that would LOVE a chance to earn the starting job. RS JR Tyler O'Connor has come in from time to time when Cook was being roughed up and showed great poise. In fact when Cook was pulled in the Wisconsin game, O'Connor damn near won it for us. Then we have RS SO Damion Terry who has never seen a snap. Terry is a special kid with good scrambling ability and a good arm. O'Connor and Terry will share time vs WMU to determine our starting QB.

HB/FB: I did not compensate for the loss of Nick Hill and Jeremy Langford well. I only have three HBs on the roster and two FBs. Of those five players only Nick Thompkins and Trevon Pendleton are competent. For the first time in my career in NCAA, I may lean towards a pass heavy playbook.

WR/TE: The WR look great, the TE not so much. Burbridge, Sims and Madaris all look great as they are all rated 88 or higher. #4 WR Kings looks good as well. All of them have good catching and route running. While they aren't blazing fast, they still have enough to get the job done. It looks even more possible that I go to a pass heavy playbook. And the TE...yikes...with Lang and Gleichart both gone, Josiah Prince and FR Calvin Parker take the starting jobs and neither really impress.

O Line: I can say that I am pleased with the O Line, finally! I have never really been known to have good lineman but this year may be one of the better units I've had. And if I have to make a case for a pass heavy playbook, they can all pass block well with 93, 85, 89, 90, and 84 across the board.

Defense

D Line: Brandon Clemons will get the starting LE job over Joel Heath. Heath does have a tad more strength and burst but Clemons boasts 93 awareness, 89 Finesse, 86 Block Shed, and 86 Pursuit. All of which are equal or greater than Heath. Shilique Calhoun (who is a monster IRL) will be the starting RE and is easily the best D Lineman we have with 95 awareness, 89 Tackle, 89 Hit Power, 92 Finesse, 86 Block Shed, 90 Pursuit and 92 Play Recognition. Seems like a trend in the DTs lately but they are the weakest part and will need to play above their ratings. Knox and FR Jordan have their work cut out for them as they block shedding skills are merely average but I can see Jordan progressing well in the future.

LB: They look better than I was anticipating. Darien Harris is relatively green with only 8 tackles in his career at MSU but he does have some good individual skills. I did consider swapping Riley Bullough to help us out in the run game but that would have been bad defensively as he progressed to a 91 overall and has an impressive 99 awareness, 99 hit power, 89 Block Shed and 85 pursuit. And then Ed Davis returns as ROLB who is similar to Harris with a handful of good skills.

DB: Ezra Robinson was always a play maker as a backup and earned himself All-American honors. Now he has a chance to shine as a starter with 92 Play Recognition, 94 Man, 93 Zone. His opposite, Arjen Colquhoun, has good coverage skills but nothing compared to Robinson. Two time Returner of the Year winner RJ Williamson returns to the Spartans also as an All-American and has finally found himself in the starting job. Williamson is known for his 99 speed and through training results he now has 88 Accel, but he does show some good Zone Coverage with 86, though I don't see him making very many clean tackles. On the strong side, Demetrious Cox returns with 88 zone, 89 pursuit and is speedy with 89 speed and 97 accel, not too often you find a SS better at coverage than tackling but I'll take it.

Special Teams: Chris Downing was awful as a FR but still has the starting job over SO Robert McMahan. RJ Weldon will be punting. Andre Sims and RJ Williamson will return kicks with Williamson also the primary PR.

Expectations: I might be going overboard with the picture above but in reality, I am looking for 8-9 wins because the AD is starting to breath down my next after the last couple of seasons. I'm even going to aim for a trip to Indianapolis. It's about time someone other than scUM represented the East....since they came home empty handed and all twice in a row vs a vastly inferior team (ratings wise).

• Like Like x 3
  3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    The 2015 Illinois Fighting Illini Preview
    2014 REVIEW:
    Illinois won their 2nd straight B1G title last season and their 1st bowl game under coach Jello with a comeback Rose Bowl victory. Throughout the season the offense played great, despite the season ending injury of QB Bailey in week 5. The defense played horridly all season and desperately needs to be improved. OC Locksly left to take the HC job at Hawai'i so Illinois replaced him with veteran Oklahoma State HC Mike Gundy who was let go by the Cowboys.

OFFENSE:
    QB- Aaron Bailey looks to make a strong return following the ruptured disc last year. He's only an 85 OVR, but he's starting over 3 90+ OVR QBs, including Haslett who led the Illini to the B1G championship. Bailey has decent wheels and rushing skills and a very solid arm (91 THP/87 THA under coach Gundy's guidance).

HB- Donovonn Young and his 23 TDs/year has graduated but Illinois returns 3 more HBs, 2 of whom have rushed for 696+ yards in their career. Sadly none of them have the power that Young possessed and his ability to run defenders over and always fall forward will be sorely missed. Adding to this group is true FR Travis Hill who is already the fastest player on the entire team. Hopefully Hill can add some explosiveness to this offense which has been 4 yards and a cloud of pellets thus far under coach Jello.

WR- Illinois' WR corps was very weak last year but at least the only WR they lost was the #4 guy. While improved from last season this group is still weak (at least they'll be improved under Gundy's tutelage). Jeremey Whitlow is the best guy at 85 OVR and only 3 of them are rated in the 80s. Looking forward 3 of the WRs are SRs so you can expect this group to be even worse next season (who woulda thunk that'd be possible?).

TE- Illinois lost their receiving threat at TE in Jon Davis' graduation but at least they return their #1 TE Tyler White. He's 1 of only 2 TEs on the team and the resident receiving guy isn't up to snuff so White will have to step up his receiving game this year. There may be too much asked of this 78 OVR guy this season.

OL- The O-line is once again very weak with only 3/5 starters rated over 80 with their best guy coming in @ 86. They're fairly young so there's plenty of room to grow for this group.

DEFENSE:
    DL- Both DEs return after very subpar years (the Illini sack leader last season only had 4 and I'm pretty sure Illinois was last among users for total sacks). They lose DT Teitsma and JR Vontrell Williams will take over in the middle. He's very average (and quite inferior to Teitsma) so he'll have to step up and not get swallowed in the middle of this 3-4 defense. Given how poorly this unit played last season they can (hopefully) only improve.

LB- The LB corps lost half of their starters, but it is a much improved unit this season. They're led by SR Mason Monheim in the middle who is the highest rated person on the entire team. On the outside there is reigning E-League Freshman of the Year Dominique Williams who had an amazing FR campaign as he had the best season of all Illini defenders. His other bookend is true FR Chris Ingraham who looks even better as a FR than Williams did. He has very good speed, decent LBing skills, and the best cover skills that I've ever seen in a LB.

DB- The corners have been extremely weak for Illinois in recent years as the cupboard was very empty when coach Jello left. The only bright side is that they haven't lost any corners yet so at least the shitty ones they had have gotten better and better. Only 1 B1G team forced fewer INTs than Illinois last season so they need to find a way to stop dropping the many deflections that they get. Coach Jello does a decent job of getting in position to make a play, they simply can't hang onto the ball. Illinois lost their star SS Petty and will replace him with true SO Isaac Franz. He'll join veteran Day at FS and form a very average duo. Overall the secondary is once again a very scary part of this bad Illinois defense.

SPECIAL TEAMS:
    FR HB Hill will finally give the Illini a threat in the return game which has been nonexistent so far. SR K Zalewski missed too many FGs last season and needs to get this ironed out for his swan song. True FR P Black only brings 80 KPW to the table compared to last year's 96 KPW so there'll be some loss of field position there this year.

PROGNOSIS:
    The offense is better while the defense still sucks donkey balls. You can probably expect Illinois to once again lead all users in points scored as well as points allowed. This drives coach Jello absolutely nuts but it is what it is. Last season the D couldn't sack the QB, force turnovers, or force punts. If they could find a way to improve any of those areas coach Jello would be ecstatic. Despite the terrible team (I'm curious to see if it's still the worst team in the league, but I'm guessing not any more) following 2 straight B1G championships, clearly another Rose Bowl victory is the team's goal.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  4. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

[​IMG]

2015 Indiana Hoosiers

The Hoosiers return after choking away another B1G race in the last game of the season in 2014. We graduate a million Seniors and pretty much have 0 defense, but we do return leaders QB Tre Roberson and HB Tevin Coleman. We also have a few key freshman who will play prominent roles in our team this season.

Offense:

QBs - Roberson (95) will once again be the man. He has lacked to make huge plays in his career but has been careful with the ball and will do the same this season. QB Sudfield is a better passer and will be waiting in the wings for backup duty.

HBs- This the strength, and only strength of our team. HB Coleman returns after a 1,600 yard season and will carry the load as the #1 Back. True Freshman Phenom HB Phil Means will also look to get into the mix with his blazing 98 speed and 96 accel. Means may also play some nckel/dime back as we have no depth in the secondary and he played DB in High School. HB Chestnut (85) is a very solid back who will see carries as well. Beast freshman HB Wright was redshirted due to depth. He will be part of a great thunder and lighting duo in the future with Means.

FBs- One FB on the roster and he sucks at 63 OVR

TEs- This was a suprise for Coach Hova as TE Corsaro improved nicely. Very solid run blocker and can be a target in the passing game as well.

WRs- We lost everyone here this season. SO Andy Butler will be the #1 guy and about the only playmaker with his great after the catch ability. WR Jones lacks speed but will pry still play in the slot with his small size. SO WR Williams has great speed and size (6'4) and will hope to be a deep threat outside.

OLine- Line is absolutely pathetic outside of the 91 OVR Center. The rest of the Line is all under 80.

DEs- 2 solid starters here returning from last season. We will see if they can have any success as we will be playing alot mroe 4-3 this season with our terrible line backers.

DT- This will be the only strength of our defense with 2 Seniors starting at 89 and 87 overall. We also have great depth here, another reason we will be running alot more 4-3 this season.

LBs- JR Jordan Wallace and SR Forisee Harden are the only competent players in this bunch. A horrible group of linebackers. Could be a long season for the IU defense....

CBs- We lost tons of depth here but have a solid #1 CB in SR Hunter and a decent compliment to him on the other side in CB Fant. Not much depth here, as mentioned earlier Means may play some CB to help in depth and get him on the field some more this season with alot of depth at HB.

SS- JR Dutra will start and is not verry good, depth is horrible here.

FS- Indiana bred SO FS Allen may be the only bright spot of the defense, we will see what he can do. No depth here either.

K/P - Both suck incredibly. Impossible for Indiana to recruit a talented kicker.

Overview:

Indiana may be fielding the worst defense of all time. We hope our universal wearing of dark visors and black sleeves will play a mind game on opposing offenses ;) doubtful but what the hell. If we can continue to produce in run blocking we should have a very solid season with the talent we have in the backfield. The success of this team will come on not turning the ball over while trying to get crucial stops on defense and win close games. Goal once again will be 7 Wins, but we really need to get to the B1G title and take down the Illini gods as we all know overrated UofM cannot get the job done. 0FGs about irrelevant PSU :rolleyes:. Rest of the division will be a dog fight per usual.

• Like Like x 2
  5. jello1717

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em I guess as every team coach Jello has ever coached in any version of NCAA has had their front 7 (but not the entire D) wearing dark visors and long black sleeves.

You could've at least tried to hide the fact a little that you clearly wanna be me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hova

I did hear you mention that last night on the Mic, but I didn't know before as I have not played you in 50 years. You have to go dark visor and the black just looks good. Maybe we will play like you and beat Michigan again (y)

7. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

upload_2013-9-11_14-11-23.png

2015 Penn State Nittany Lions Preview

Offense

QB: PSU will have returning signal caller QB Hackenburg returning for his junior season. He has been a starter since his freshman year and has progressed through his first two years under center. In his first season he broke the single season passing touchdown school record only to out-do himself in his sophomore campaign and break it again. Hackenburg was much improved in his second season leading PSU to a winning record even though losing two games to the CPU last year, the second being their first bowl game under coach Fmode. Hackenburg is now an 84 OVR with 83 THP and 90 THA. Not spectacular but he will start this year.

HB/FB: With two-year starting RB Belton now graduated along with Zwianek, PSU will hand the ball off to maybe a more talented back in Jr RB Lynch. Lynch is 87 OVR with 93 SP and 94 ACC. He's speedy back at 211 lbs who has the ability to find the hole and break tackles. He will carry much of the load with his 98 STAM. Returning Sr FB Jesse James, with arguably the best name in the E, returns to Happy Valley for his senior campaign. Easily one of the elite FB in the country with better blocking skills than most o-linemen at 82 PB, 80 RB and 87 IPB. James can clear a path and looks to spring Lynch to a career season this year.

WR/TE: In a shot gun heavy play book these guys are set to see a lot of balls again this year. Gone are the top 3 WR from last year and there is not a lot of experience returning. Our #1 WR Baker only caught 5 balls last year and will be mirrored by KR returning speedster WR Lewis. Lewis has burner speed at 95 SPD with 99 ACC. He’ll look to stretch cheating safeties. Top 3 WR are all over 80+ and outside of losing star WR Robinson, this year’s group is very identical to last year’s WR group. Receiving Sr TE Kyle Carter 89 OVR will once again be the #1 TE on the team. He can get downfield with good speed and will drop in as the #4 WR in heavy WR sets. He 92 CTH makes him a threat to all opposing LBs.

O Line: Much more balanced than last year. The starting 5 consists of 2 seniors and 3 sophomores so there is plenty of room for growth. Without much of a drop off from last year ratings-wise this line could hold the key to the offenses success. The line is obviously pass heavy in their pass blocking rankings consisting of 90, 86, 88, 95 and 85.

Defense

D Line: The defensive line last year leading sacker totaled 4 sacks. The opposing QB often had all day to throw and it forced PSU to bring extra men to try and get to the QB which exposed the backfield. This year’s line will be the best at PSU in three years. The DE is anchored by two seniors at 87 and 84 OVR respectively. Without either have great block shedding ability look for So DE Garret Sickel to get playing time this year with his 87 block shed and 90 finesse moves. At 6’4 and 238 he will have a chance to supplant either of the starting seniors.

LB: Leading the group will once again be Sr OLB Ben Kline. With 47 tackles last year his 99 AWR will help him bring down more guys this year with 87, 88 and 88 rankings in hit power, tackle and pursuit. He’s a balanced leader attempting to lead a young group that will be excellent in a few years. On the other side we will likely start redshirt freshman Steve Carter. OLB Carter in another balanced OLB with tremendous block shedding ability while also having decent coverage ability that will be called apon along with Jr OLB Wartman who is much more of a run stopper with above average speed, tackling and block shedding skills. Sophmore MLB Bell will start his second season in Happy Valley alongside MLB Wooten. Bell 81 OVR and Wooten 80 OVR are an upgrade over year’s past LB groups but will likely be tested this season moving to a 3-4 defense.

DB: The best group on positional players on PSU’s team. Penn State has excelled recruiting their defensive backfield over the first two years and with a few returning upperclassmen they look to give opposing passing game fits. Sr CB Davis (87 OVR) is flanked by two sophomores, who were top 5 positional recruits two years ago (84 & 83 OVR) along with Sr Lucas (83 OVR). Jr FS Kiley returns who was tied for leading tackler last year. At 88 OVR with insane speed (93) and awesome acceleration (96) along with 93 zone coverage make him a threat to opposing passing games. His weakness, if any, is being able to catch the ball.

Special Teams: WR/KR Eugene Lewis will once again return kicks for PSU. He is again the fastest kid on the squad and is a threat to go deep on every kick with 95 speed and 99 acceleration.

Expectations: HA… One week at a time and one win at a time. Ultimately we would like to improve on last year’s 7-6 record and a bowl loss to WSU. After having back-to-back #2 recruiting classes of any user last year, this team is poised to have a breakout season. It could be this year, although most folks think it will be next year with the talent developing from an empty cupboard. That is if Fmode can hang on to his job. Last season PSU was NEVER better (ratings-wise) than any USER team they played.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  8. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

:oops:

:ROFLMAO: ... how was the B1G CCG from the couch again this year? :nailbiting:

9. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

How was the fringe of being fired?

• Like Like x 1
  10. jello1717

You had the 2nd best user class both years.

upload_2013-9-11_13-31-4.png

11. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Damn..... if I only had all my spreadsheets available at the time I would have known that :facepalm:

12. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

WAY more fun than...

upload_2013-9-11_14-38-52.png

Appropriately wearing an INDIANA jersey :notworthy:

13. jello1717

The almanac is the same place that it's always been. It's even fucking stickied in the E league forums. I don't keep that spreadsheet for me. I take the time and effort to track it for all 12 guys in here to use.

14. Hova

It was pretty fun watching the expected outcome, sitting right next to you, the B1G doormat.

15. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Sorry little buddy - you were one of many who lost in conference to PSU last year. Including Rutgers, Cornhuskers the Spartans off the top of my head. You could probably ask Jello and he will produce a spreadsheet containing every morsel of record data one could wish for (y)

Edit - PSU was 5-3 vs USERS last year. We may have different definitions of doormats

16. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Man you seriously can't stop can you? All you do is fight with people and "try" to take jabs at people just to get off. If that's what you're about, you oughta GTFO cause NO ONE appreciates that shit here (if you didn't catch that already).

17. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

upload_2013-9-11_14-50-55.png

I don't take things seriously and most things are said with humor (if you didn't catch that already).

18. jello1717

This could make it difficult to schedule if we ever play each other, but you've earned the honor of becoming the 1st TSO member I've ever had to put on my ignore list.

Congrats on that great honor.

19. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Cute. You do understand no one is sharing your "sense of humor". Or are you that fucking ignorant? Cause it REALLY seems like you are

20. Hova

But you were never in the B1G race, and I was the entire regular season. Why is that?

21. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

upload_2013-9-11_14-57-19.png

Divisional wins

22. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

2015 Nebraska

The Huskers finished last season at 9-4, a couple games away from having a successful season. Nebraska finished in a logjam for 2nd place in the B1G West and won the Capital One Bowl against South Carolina.

QB - RS Jr tommy Armstrong returns off a season where he scored 25 TDs. Armstrong made great strides in the offseason and comes in at a 92 overall rating. He will be backed up by capable QBs in Stanton and true FR :5stars: Pickens.

RB - Gone is the production of 2 year starter Ameer Abdullah. Abdullah averaged 1200 yards and 15 TD per year. The Huskers will use a RB by committee approach to try to replace his production. Sr Imani Cross, Jr Terrell Newby, and RS So Adam Taylor will split carries throughout the season. All 3 are capable backs, with a diverse talent set. FB Andy Janovich will be starting his 3rd straight season at FB.

WR - WRs Bell and Turner graduated last season. Bell set a record for TDs for a WR for the Huskers in his Jr year. Turner led the team in receptions and yards last season. They will be replaced by RS Jr Jordan Westerkamp and RS Sr Taariq Allen, who both played in the slot last season. Sr Alonzo Moore and So Nathan Olsen will take over the slot roles.

TE - RS Jr Sam Cotton returns after a mediocre sophomore campaign. Cotton was known mostly as a blocker. He did some work in the offseason and my see some more touches this year. Backup Sr Todd Hall is more of a speed threat at the position and will look to spread defenses in 2 TE sets.

OL - This O-Line will be a bit weaker than last season's, as 3 quality players graduated and went pro. This will probably be the last season for a couple years that the Huskers will have a serviceable line.

DL - The front 7 is the strength of the Huskers. Nebraska only graduated 2 of their front 7 and the replacements are capable of doing damage. RS Jr DE Avery Moss returns a year after recording 12 sacks. Srs Kevin Williams and Aaron Curry anchor the middle of the defense, rated 89 and 90 overall.

LB - Sr OLB David Santos returns for his 3rd straight year starting. He took his lumps early, but really improved his game starting midway through last season. Santos has good speed, accelerations and strength, which allow him to bring down elite offensive players. 2013 E freshman of the year RS Jr MLB Michael Rose is back, starting his 3rd consecutive year. Rose has 88 career tackles and 5 INTs.

DB - Nebraska lost all 4 DBs from last season, 3 to graduation and Jr CB Rose to the NFL draft. The unit still has some talent, but not nearly enough to be able to stop top offenses consistently. The front 7 will have to get into the backfield to take some pressure off of them.

Specialties - The Huskers return 2 of the best specialists in the B1G. Both players are starting for their 3rd year. RS Jr K Spencer Lindsay is rated 90 overall and has hit 94% of his career kicks. RS Sr P Maurd Bondi is rated 94 overall and has a booming leg. His accuracy improved in the offseason, so the Husker staff is hoping that he can limit opponents returns this season and turn field position.

• Like Like x 2