2015 Team Previews

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

jello1717
    UofCWildcat
    BRUCE80
    dakota7
    Fmode11
    Raidernation
    blLL flo

Remember, this is required. You don't have to do anything extensive, just a quick preview on your team.

Let's make all one thread for Pre-Season things as well so include your Scholarships and Playbooks in your Preview also.

Happy writing :)

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

[​IMG]

2015 Ole Miss Rebels
    Offense: Pro Style Custom
    Defense: 4-3 Multiple
    Scholarships: 59 Man, 12 Seniors = 23

Offense

Junior Maikail Miller will resume starting QB role and he improved nicely since last season, getting a tad bit speedier and improving his arm. Our hopes are he can throw twice as many TDs as INTs this season as he finished with an even ratio last season. Behind him will be HB Jaylen Walton who is fast as ever, backed by 99 Acceleration and 94 Elusiveness. There is a new comer in the running game with FR FB Colby Jenkins, he is a decent blocker and has pretty good rushing speed. He was snagged in the offseason and could become a pivotal part of this offense. In the WR crops will be two returning players with four new faces. Treadwell and Adeboyejo will have to mold them into the future of this receiving group. :5stars: recruit Heard will be our main slot receiver while FR Mark Abrams will be the #4 guy. Christian Morgan returns as the main TE target. And finally, our O Line lost some talent but this line should be able to handle the job with the guards being the weakest link.

Defense

Starting with our D Line, Nkemdiche is the leading DE at 90 overall and is expected to be as fearsome as ever and with the graduation of CJ Johnson is replacement Channing Ward who is more than capable with an impressive 91 Acceleration and 93 Finesse Moves. Covering the center of the line is DT Issac Gross at 90 overall and great skills of 93 Power Moves, 87 Finesse and 86 Block Shedding. Gross will share the DT spot with SR Woodrow Hamilton, who is pretty average in terms of skill. Finishing off the Front Seven will be the group of linebackers who are expected to shine this season. First off is LOLB Denzel Nkemdiche (94) with a great skill set, he has always been a sleeper and this is his breakout year. MLB Greg Sherman is fresh off a great rookie campaign and will once again hold down the middle, he improved greatly in the offseason and will do great again. At the ROLB slot will be Rashawn Smith who hasn't seen much PT over the last couple of years but with be thrown into the starter role to help groom backup ROLB, FR Abdul Murray.

In the secondary we lost our best corner in Goldson but gained an equally great CB in King, his coverage skills (96 Man, 98 Zone) are damn near perfect and he is speedy to boot. But by far his best skill is his awareness at 98, if he does not make a play on damn near every ball thrown his way, I will be disappointed. In the #2 CB spot is Bobby Hill (no relation to Hank) and while his coverage can't compare to Kings', his speed and pursuit ability are actually superior. Then comes the safety position with Trae Elston (92) in the FS spot. He boasts blazing speed, good tackling and solid coverage abilities, which I am not accustomed to. Either they can lay a hit but not cover or the other way around. I expect him to be a leader in the secondary along with King. Lastly the SS spot will be claimed by Antonio Conner who is also fast, great at tackling and has decent coverage skills.

Special Teams

FR K John Coleman will replace K Tommy Rivers as he is vastly superior in just about every way while P Patrick Warren returns. Treadwell will once again handle KR/PR.

Season Outlook

Very confident in my team, at least on paper. They look like they can compete for the SEC this year and that is exactly what our goal will be. SEC Champs or Bust. Watch out Fmode11, we're coming for you ;).

• Like Like x 2
  3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The 2015 University of California Football Preview
    Offense: Spread option CPB
    Defense: 3-4
    Schollies: 68 roster + 14 SRs = 16

Offense:
    This season Coach Jello will be starting his 3rd different QB in as many years, despite the fact that all 3 of them are still on the roster. In 2013 Zach Kline shattered the Cal passing record books. In 2014 Tim Harris led the team to the National Title. In 2015 SO David Dennis will take over the reigns. He played last year @ CB and will hope to make a smooth transition to QB this season. The Bears return all 4 HBs from the nation's #1 rushing offense as well as all but their #1 WR. While the loss of Treggs, who led the team in receiver both years as well as returned every punt and kickoff, hurts the Bears are still extremely talented at WR. On top of all that the O-line has improved a lot from last season.
    Cal lost both of their coordinators but unlike the DC, their retarded OC had already spent his points and only spent 1 in up tempo (and none in the rushing skills). This probably means that coach Jello will have to huddle more often this year so as not to exhaust his players.

Defense:
    The Bears hired Will Muschamp as their DC after he was fired as Florida's HC. He brings some nice experience to the job and will help the D improve.
    While the offense returned either 9 or 10 starters, the D lost 2/3 of their starting D-line, and 3/4 of their LBs (their 2 starting MLBs have 6 total career tackles between them). As if that wasn't bad enough, the Bears also lost 3/4 of their starting secondary (and their nickle back is now playing QB)...
    This means that Cal will be sporting 8 new starters on D so they will all have to grow up quickly. Luckily for them they couldn't have asked for a better offense to help take a lot of the pressure off of them.

Prognosis:
    Following a National Championship obviously a goal is to repeat, but the #1 goal is to finish in the top 5 so that the Bears get their 6th star and can really begin to dominate on the recruiting trails. In the end, that's all that matters and anything on top of would be gravy.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  4. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

This would be your chance this year. I'm starting a FR QB and 2 FR WR with many new starters on defense. But, we're much faster this year. Looking forward to the matchup

5. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Miss State.png
    Screen Shot 2014-01-04 at 11.02.09 AM.png

Offense: Multiple Custom
    Defense: 3-4 Custom

70-56=14+16 seniors = A lot of work

The Mississippi State Bulldogs are a middle of the road team that could be good but will probably be bad. The coach has issues and it’s gonna be a long season. On the bright side Dak Presscott will be back to throw the ball short because that’s just what he does… The backfield, which could be beastly if they can escape the shoestring tackles, will not live up to their overalls. The Receivers and the O-line can be efficient at times but the Bulldogs’ passing attack can't seem to keep it together late in games.

On defense it’s more of the same. They’ll have to make due with what recruiting mishaps have left them up font on the d line, which does have some talent inside with Quay Evans and Nick James. The LB core is also recruitment starved; Hopefully Benadrick McKinney will prove resourceful on his move to middle linebacker. He’ll direct this unit who’s main goal is to get more pressure on opposing QB’s this year. The Bulldog corners are a tight knit group who works good together and thrives at times but can give up huge plays. Standing behind a top ten run defense two years straight has caused this secondary to stumble in their quest to prove they can be a top pass defense. SS Nick Robertson is the brightest spot on the entire defense and probably team. If he can think as fast as he runs, it’s SEC Championship city. Probably not though.

Predictions: I've got my eyes closed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jello1717

I'm not sure what kind of guys you've recruited in the past that's caused you to not sign anyone (like maybe going after guys that you weren't gonna sign anyway) but here's a suggestion from a guy that just signed 22 guys (although I'll admit that my coaching skills are placed much better for this than yours). Go after JUCOs and lower caliber players. It's always tempting to go after all those 4*s but that's tough to do when you need to sign 20+ guys (especially when you're a young coach with little recruiting skills). My average talent in this class was only 72.7 OVR (which is lower than I expect it to ever be again in this OD) but it allowed me sign 22 guys and fill all of my open slots except for 2. I was also able to sign some JUCOs that are starting immediately this year.

Also, don't be afraid to cut bait. If you're losing ground to someone, cut bait. If you're getting into a close battle with a bunch of guys, you should probably cut bait. There were 5 guys that I absolutely wanted so I stuck with them and ended up signing 3 of them, but I quit on a bunch of guys that were gonna require 500 points per week only to end up going to the offseason anyway. When you need 20+ guys, 500 points per recruit is a luxury you absolutely can't afford.

• Like Like x 3
  7. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Tennessee Volunteers

Offense -- NIU
    Defense -- 3-4
    69 roster / 11 seniors = 12 scholarships

Offense -- Quarterback Brandon Clark returns for his second season and is expected to pick up where he left off last season. ClarK is a dual threat. The wide receiver position is deep, talented and fast. expect big things from that group.

Defense -- With new starters all over the field, the defense is an unknown commodity. The team has added talented fast players on every level.

8. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

[​IMG][​IMG]

Had a CPU crash after 30 mins worth of preview.... QB Berkstresser is back. New 100 mph HB in Hanbrough who will be leaned on. No WR experience. Dope defense, again.

Expectation - 2nd Natty in 3 years

Offense: Mizzou Custom
    Defense: 4-2-5
    Scholarships: 21

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  9. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Thanks for the good advice, I've done some of what you mentioned and I will indeed do some of the new things you brought up. Honestly going into week one of OSR I was #1 with 4 of my top choices (a QB gem @74 with 86tp\83ta) and I actually signed 5 guys that would have been removed from my list and 1 that I was pretty much out of contention.

A lot of it is adjustments and trial and error (more error) on my part. This season is cloudy because now I've got NO interests in some key spots. A little success goes a long way I guess. I'll get it together, recruiting is one of the best a parts of NCAA IMO, and up until last year I was pretty decent at it.

10. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

This is good advice for sure.. I have easily the toughest team and starting place to recruit RN, I give up quick when I see I am losing ground or if I am going to have to fight to the end...if I really really need a guy..I might stick it out. I give up quick though...with two good seasons in I have moved to a 3 star program but i am still low on bonus points for most players...It isnt easy signing what you need but it can be done if you work on your board every week...I would say my board stays very fluid for about 5 weeks...and by then I have it whittled down and can add guys if I find them along the way...I landed a four star QB late last season with an 85-83 arm and good speed to boot....He had me locked out for most of the year but I was suddenly open and second on his board....and he signed up with us in the offseason...Keep working your board and sift deep on the recruits...there are 2 star JUCOs just sitting there waiting for you...

At WSU we dont really fight anyone for recruits....we are sneaky so to speak...Best of luck man, and if anytime you want to hop on and discuss the recruits shoot me a chat request and ill be glad to discuss with you.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BRUCE80

WSU Cougars.

On O -

We lost Connor Halliday to graduation, he was a steady QB. We have a 3 headed tandem to decide from to see who is starting this year..3 star Juco season 1 recruit Brad Green gets the nod out of the gate while rated 85 overall which is third overall wise he has a cannon for an arm 97 and decent accuracy at 86, he also possesses some good mobility. Sophmore Ty Bruggman is second on the depth chart.

Teondrey Caldwell returns for his senior season after a record setting and award winning junior year. Wicks is a bigger back who will be the primary back up for now...Freshman McRea will look to get some touches as the season wears on.

We have a nice WR core led by two seniors...Williams and Marks.

The oline is only decent, we have really struggled to sign anyone good...

On D -

The Dline is big and strong but not overwhelming when it comes to raw overall...they should be solid.

The LB core is young outside but is very talented. MLB and team captain Monroe returns for his senior season.

The CBs have another year under their belt, but still cant cover anything or anyone after getting torched in the bowl game and week 1 at Miami. We are way more athletic however.

Our S's are very good and deep.

K and P are fine.

We should have a decent season, but we are still struggling to catch up to Cal and Arizona talent wise and on the recruiting trail.

• Like Like x 1
  12. jello1717

I don't know if I'd say that.

upload_2014-1-6_14-21-52.png
    upload_2014-1-6_14-22-18.png

and I wanna say that your team was better than mine last year.

13. BRUCE80

More of a general uneducated comment Jello... based on Prestige and Recruiting pipelines and bonuses. I am just guessing your pitches are pretty solid. I have a hard time because the Cougars pitches in general are very bad and a starting prestige of 1 star mixed in with lame pitches is ugly.

I suspect the differences will start showing up when our real recruits start playing more and more...its gonna take me another season or two to compete for the better Pac 12 recruits. Right now we have been scraping for gems and depth types that can be solid starters after a few seasons..

Overall talent now this could be true, B+ seems high for the D to me...We only have 4 starters over 85 overall and one in the 90's on D.

On O we have a great RB and WR core and a couple of high 80's olineman, pretty lousy TE and FB...

14. jello1717

Sounds familiar. I only have 4 D guys rated 85+ and my best guy is 89 OVR and 3 starters are under 80 OVR.