2015 Team Previews

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by publik drunk, Aug 12, 2015.

1. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

With the complete roster ratings released today, figured it was time to fire this bad boy up. What position battles are you looking forward to?What are your expectations year one? Less than two weeks to go fellas!!!

• Like Like x 2
  2. publik drunk

[​IMG]

2015 Arizona Cardinals
    The Cardinals were maybe a healthy QB away from having home field throughout the playoffs including the Super Bowl a year ago. Carson Palmer returns to a good mix of weapons and looks to take this team back to the post season. With a great defense this team is looking to win 10+ games for the third straight year.
    QB: Carson Palmer was having a good year, just signed a contract extension, and immediately went down with an injury. With the way the owner leans on the passing game, his health will be key to the teams success year one.

HB: Ellington should get the nod here but look for a rb by committee approach to try and keep him healthy late. David Johnson the rookie rb should get quite a few touches especially in short yardage.

WR: Praise the Lord!!! The team came to their senses and was able to find a way to keep Fitzgerald. After a lot of talk about him being a slot guy going forward, the new ownership put their foot down and he will be staying outside with Floyd. With Brown in the slot this team is poised to put up good numbers in the passing game.

TE: Incase you didn't know, the Cardinals owner is a HUGE Sooner fan, so bring on one of his favorite Sooners ever,Jermaine Gresham. After the injury his senior year his pro career hasn't been what was expected but hopefully the confidence ownership has in him along with his ability can bring back some Sooner Magic.

OL- The left side is dominant and together as a group they are pretty solid. Just as long as we can get some time to thow the ball all will be well.

DL- Campbell is a STUD, and overall the position is extremely deep. Really excited to hit the field with this group.

LB- MLB is an extremely deep position for the group. Pass rushing OLBs are an area of concern as we really need Lamar Woodley to return to near pro bowl form.

DB- With extreme depth at safety and strong corners in Peterson, Powers, and Denard this is my favorite part of the team. Not to mention former Sooner Tony Jefferson manning the SS spot as a guaranteed day 1 starter and FS Mathieu there is a lot of youth in the group and good things to look forward too.

Special Teams: Really leaning towards putting Peterson back into the return game, but might roll out the Honey Badger as well.

I expect a solid year and after a week 17 win against Cheez we will make the playoffs and hopefully make a run. This team matches my style incredibly well and I think I'm just a couple pieces away from being a contender in a tough NFC.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 4
  3. kcstlmang

kcstlmang Walk On

[​IMG]
    The Bengals look to build on a solid 11-5-1 season in which they would make the playoffs with the wildcard. After a tough loss to Andrew Luck and the colts the Bengals looked to the draft and picked up some solid offensive line pieces for the future. Cedric Ogbuehi from Texas A&M was one of the top prospects entering the 2014 college season and Jake Fisher from Oregon which some had rated as a first round talent.
    These pieces will help contribute to a team that depends on its running game to set up the passing game.​

QB- Andy Dalton 80 Ovr- Andy is a serviceable quarterback that I would compare to Alex Smith. He wont wow you with his arm but can make some of the throws needed to be an NFL quarterback. We will see how he does this first season and possibly look for a replacement.

RB- Jeremy Hill 86 OVR and Giovanni Bernard 84 OVR- These two will be a menacing backfield to contend with. They should both have decent seasons with a better than average offensive line.

WR- AJ Green 92 OVR- Easily the highest rated Wide receiver I've ever had in TMFL. We look forward to utilizing this great talent for years to come. Can only hope they have a WR pass for Muhammad sanu :troll:

TE- Tyler Eifert 82 OVR- After the departure of Jermaine Gresham and his injury history the bengals have moved on. Eifert has better than average speed and size will be a nice check down for Andy Dalton.

OLINE- LT Whitworth 95 OVR RT SMITH 85 Ovr - These are two BIG dudes holding down the edges and attempting to keep Daltons jersey clean. This team has a very solid offensive line which should come in handy in a trenches division like the AFC north.

DLine- DT Geno Atkins - 89 OVR Dunlap 86 OVR Johnson 81 OVR - This is the part of the team that has me excited and I expect them to get after quarterbacks on the regular.

Linebackers- Malauga 83 OVR Hawk 77 Burcifit 86 - These guys all are great tacklers and should be a force against the run game. Though they are getting up there in age there is still some good years in these guys until replacements can be found.

Secondary- This is the group I'm most worried about, while they are decent rated squad they are aging and will lean of Dennard and Kirkpatrick in the coming years on the outsides.

Outlook- I would love to say 11-5-1 like last year but realistically I would be shocked if it wasn't closer to 9-7 with a chance at a wild card. With a tough division like the the AFC North every game will be a battle.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 2
  4. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]
    The 49ers are coming off a tumultuous off-season unlike any we've ever seen in the NFL. It started with Coach Harbaugh leaving and snowballed from there. They lose what could be considered the heart and soul of the team, on both sides of the ball, as HB Frank Gore moved on to Indy and MLB Patrick Willis decided to hang them up. The exodus didn't end there though as promising young MLB Chris Borland hung it up and LG Mike Iupati would also leave. CB's Chris Culliver and Perrish Cox, each starters in 14 games last season will also be gone. Most recently, OLB Aldon Smith, one of the most promising young stars on the team was cut after his 3rd DUI arrest.
    QB-Colin Kaepernick (81 OVR) is one of the few reminders remaining of a super bowl appearance just 3 short years ago. 49ers fans would love to see the Kaep re-emerge but the new coaching staff has not been shy about announcing that Kaep doesn't fit their style at QB. Blaine Gabbert (72 OVR) is a decent backup and could see time if Kaep struggles

HB-Promising 2nd year man Carlos Hyde (77 OVR) will get the bulk of the carries with Reggie Bush (80 OVR), Kendall Hunter (74 OVR) and Mike Davis (71 OVR) all in the running to get some carries. Rumors are that coaches have their eyes on a certain HB on another team that they hope to bring in to the fold...

FB-Bruce Miller (88) is coming off a bit of trouble of his own this off-season but is as good as any FB in the league when he is out there.

WR-This is one position on this team that doesn't look bad on paper. Veterans Anquan Boldin (88 OVR) and Torrey Smith (86 OVR) are both solid targets. Coaches hope a slot WR will break out amongst Jerome Simpson (74), Quinton Patton (71), Bruce Ellington (68)

TE-
    Another position that coaches feel confident with entering the season. Veteran Vernon Davis (84) will play a big role in the passing game whike Vance McDonald (78) will see time in 2 TE sets. Coaches are intrigued by rookie Blake Bell (65)

OL-LT Joe Staley (94)
    and RG Alex Boone (88) are monsters up front but they will need some help. C Daniel Kilgore (79 ) has shown flashes but the rest of the OL is a liability and will be a top priority after season 1.

DL-The DL is pretty solid for a 3-4 bunch. You're not going to get a lot of pass rush from these guys but Darnell Dockett (82), Ian Williams (80), and Tank Carradine (77), will eat up blockers and stuff the run.

OLB-What looked to be a strength coming into the season took a big hit with the release of star Aldon Smith. Aaron Lynch (79) will likely get the start now that Smith is gone with Ahmad Brooks (80) getting the first look on the other side. Corey Lemonier (71) will be ready if needed.

MLB-Now the unquestioned leader of this team, the 49ers desperately need NaVorro Bowman (93) to step up and stay healthy. The position next to him will be filled in a 3 way battle in training camp between Phillip Wheeler (76), Desmond Bishop (76) and Michael Wilhoite (75)

CB-
    The biggest weakness on the team heading into 2015, the starters are barely fit to be nickelbacks. Tramaine Brock (80) is the least terrible one of the bunch while Shareece Wright (74) and Dontae Johnson (74) will have to due until upgrades can be made.

FS-Eric Ward (81) is underrated here IMO. Reid is a solid S who can make plays.

SS-The other S position is strong with Antoine Bethea (91) able to make an impact on any play and Craig Dahl (74) looking like a more than capable backup.

Prediction-Hopes aren't very high in the Bay Area, as management has more or less come to terms with this being a rebuilding year. Some pieces are there, but many more are yet to be placed. 4-12 is the most likely outcome for this season.

• Awesome Content Awesome Content x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. publik drunk

I want Blake Bell!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

[​IMG]
    The Rams are back and trying to get over the hump of being an average team. Once the youngest team in the NFL, the Ram's young guns have had time to adjust to the NFL and its time for them to shine. Average seasons like last years 6-10 are hopefully things of the past. Often injured, Sam Bradford, can no longer be the scapegoat of the Rams woes because he was traded to the Eagles for Nick Foles. With an overhaul of the O-line, a future feature back in Gurley, and a formidable defense there are no excuses this season. Its go big or go home for the Rams.

QB Nick Foles (78) has come over from the Eagles and looks to return to the form he had there before his injury that saw him throw 27 TDs-2 ints. Austin Davis (73) and rookie Sean Mannion (69) will likely battle it out to be the backup QB. Mannion has the better arm, but Davis is a more agile and all around QB. Both have a significantly better deep ball than Foles(according to madden 69 and 74 to Foles' 63)

HB Todd Gurley when healthy can be a game-changer in any offense. He has the makings of a play making feature back with his combo of power and speed. The main question is can he last the whole season. If Gurley is able to stay healthy great things could be in store for this Rams offense. Tre Mason's speed and agility can be a great change of pace in the Rams offense. It will also allow the Rams to keep Gurley healthy by using Mason to take some of the load off of Gurley's Shoulders. The two of them can become a formidable one-two punch. Right now the Rams are also liking Malcolm Brown to be the 3rd option at RB, but he has a whole host of other backs to beat throughout this preseason.

FB Cory Harkey (79) He's not a beast and he is not bad. Can block, but his strength is really low.

WR The Wide outs on the roster have me feeling so so about them. I have decent pieces but no studs. Kenny Britt (82) will get the number one spot early, but I may look to move Brian Quick (79) to the number one spot early on. They both will be parts of the offense, but could flip back and forth as the number 1 option. I cant wait to see how i can get Tavon Austin (75) involved. Austin needs to hit training camp hard and work on his route running. If I can get that up he will be a real weapon in my offense. Other notable WRs are: Stedman Bailey (76), Damien Williams (72), Chris Givens (68), and Devon Wylie (62).

TE Jared Cook (84) is a big time threat and will be a huge playmaker in my offense. He has great speed and acceleration for a TE and also can make the though catches. Lance Kendricks (78) is another good option at TE, but just lacks some of the athleticism that Cook has at his disposal. Brad Smelley (73) and Alex Bayer (67) will be two other TEs i may lean on to provide some blocking power in my offense.

OL This unit is young and has a lot of decent pieces with upside, but no real studs. My top 3 linemen are as follows: Rodger Saffold LG (83), Garrot Reynolds RT (77), and Barret Jones RG (74). Hopefully i can progress this unit fast to help me better utilize Gurley. If i cant hit the ground running I may try to trade for a premier lineman.

DL This is easily my best unit on the entire team. My DL is loaded with talent. If this unit cant slow the run and get pressure then no one can. Aaron Donald (92) is a stud at DT. He has the strength to clog up holes for opposing RBs and has the quickness to get after the QB. Pair him with newly acquired Nick Fairly (86) and you have a force. Those two are just my interior DL. On the outside I have Robert Quin (93) and opposite him I will play either William Hayes (86) or Chris Long (84). This unit also has some great depth with the backups on the roster.

OLB My outside linebackers both look great at stopping the run. I would like at least one of them to look a little better in coverage. They both seem to lack in that area. Akeem Ayeres (81) and Alec Ogletree (81) are both holding down the outside for my squad. They should be able to attack the run with ease and that front four should make up for their lack of coverage ability.

MLB James Laurinitus (79) will hold down the middle of our defense. Laurinitus is a never flashy but always consistent MLB. He plays smart and actually looks like he should be good at dropping back and covering pass plays despite his lack of speed.

CB I feel iffy about this group of CBs. I love having Gator grad, Janoris Jenkins (81), on this team. He is the sole standout at CB on this team and even he seems to be lacking in some areas. Across the field from Jenkins will more than likely be E.J. Gaines (79). The rest of the corners on this team all seem to standout in one or two more categories, but lack ability significantly in other areas of their game. Trumaine Johnson (75), Brandon McGee (69), and Marcus Roberson (64) (another Florida grad) will all battle for playing time after Jenkins and Gaines, with McGee having the early lead. I would also like to add a little more depth at this position.

SS T.J. Mcdonald (82) will be the starter and we are counting on him having a great year. As a coach i like to bring pressure with my SS or put the pressure on him by blitzing corners and asking him to pick up some of the slack. I also think he will be a good force coming up and aiding against the run. With 91 hit power i can see him jarring some balls loose as he prowls around the field. His probable back up will be Maurice Alexander (66). The depth at this position looks really good. A lot of the guys are mainly missing awareness. If i can get that up I feel i have some really good pieces here.

FS Rodney Mcleod (79) looks solid and having, once Buccaneer, Mark Barron (77) is also a great option. A guy I think i may utilize though is Lamarcus Joyner (77). I really like what he brings to the table. There are just a few things I need to work on with him in "training camp" before i can throw him out there on the field. This is a solid group at FS and I am very happy with the depth here.

Prediction: I think I will be able to hang in most games this season. Although, I expect a lot of my games this season will come down to the last few seconds. I do feel I am missing a few more minor pieces here and there to carry us into the playoffs. I believe the Rams are looking at a 8-8, season losing a lot of close games.

7. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Green Bay Packers

[​IMG]

Quarterback

Aaron Freaking Rodgers - 99 OVR - What can i say? He's going to get paid again in a few years.

Wide Receiver

[​IMG]

Jordy Nelson - 93 OVR and Randall Cobb 91 OVR will make up the Core of our Receivers. Their ability to get open will be the key to the passing game either for themselves or for other members of the offense.

Running Back

[​IMG]

Eddie Lacy 90 OVR and John Kuhn 89 OVR are the key components of the backfield with James Starks acting as a spell HB behind an O line that is orders of magnitude better than what I had in Jacksonville. Speaking of Offensive Lines

Offensive Line

[​IMG]

The Guards and Center are the core of the O Line with ratings in the high 80 to mid 90's with the tackle position a definite development need going into our first offseason.

Defensive Front 7

[​IMG]

Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers, B J Raji and Mike Daniels are the core members of the defense whose primary role is to apply consistent pressure to opposing offenses.

Defensive Backs

[​IMG]

The CB's don't have alot of speed but they have help over the top with Morgan Burnett and Clinton Dix covering over the top.

Prediction: With some young bucks in the NFC North and the other old man Big Suge Knight in Minneapolis I see the pack going 8 - 8. The good news is the highlight reel is ready to be generated along with a video compilation created throughout the season!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

2015 Tampa Bay Buccaneers : Siege The Day

[​IMG]

Playbooks:
    Offensive: Seattle
    Defensive: Tampa Bay
    Tampa comes into this season with high hopes after landing the #1 pick last season and finally acquiring (what they hope) a franchise quarterback. This team has some very solid pieces in place on paper but games are not won on paper. With a new owner its time to put up or shut up. Otherwise expect some wholesale changes in the years to come. The fans are ready for a winner.

[​IMG]

Backfield: #1 Pick Jameis Winston (85) gets the start at QB for the forseeable future with more than capable Mike Glennon (76) waiting in the wings. At halfback Doug Martin (78) is officially the starter but expect heavy doses why of Mike James (70) who is a capable 3rd down back and Charles Sims (72) who is more a pass catching HB . For sure a RBBC situation.

[​IMG]

Wideouts/Tight Ends: If anything can be said about this group it is that they are TALL. Mike Evans (95) , Vincent Jackson (93) are 6'5, while 3rd and 4th wideouts Kris Durham (75) , Ramses Barden (77) come in 6'6. At the TE spot Austin Sefarian Jenkins (78) is 6'5 and TE2 Luke Stocker (76) is 6'6. Jameis is going to have some very big targets to throw to.

[​IMG]

Offensive Line: This group as with many teams is going to be the most important part of the offense, but some work is will need to be done. Rookie LT Donovan Smith (74) , LG Logan Mankins (85) , C Evan Smith (78), RG Ali Marpet (73) , RT Demar Dotson (79). There is potential here for a very solid offensive line, or it could be very porous.

[​IMG]

Defensive Line : Strong interior and weaker on the outside. LE Jacquies Smith (81) burst onto the scene last season with 6.5 sacks and looks to improve upon that this season as a full time starter. George Johnson (83) plays opposite him at RE. On the interior is Gerald McCoy (99) who is one of the best defensive players in the league and next to him is Henry Melton (83) who comes over from Dallas and looks to free up McCoy a little bit playing next to him.

[​IMG]

Linebacker: James-Michael Johnson (81) has to show something early to keep his starting spot as LOLB or he will be replaced by Danny Lansanah (81) . Opposite him Lavonte David (97) is an underappreciated talent at LOLB who looks to maintain his high level of play. Inside rookie Kwon Alexander (61) will get the nod ahead of FA acquisiton Bruce Carter (76). Alexander showed he was a playmaker in preseason and the staff wants to give him a shot with the 1's.

[​IMG]

Defensive Backs: CB Alteraun Verner (86) hopes to return to pro bowl form. Opposite him is Tim Jennings (83) formerly of Chicago. At the Nickel is Jonathan Banks (79) who is lanky and still improving at 6'2. At FS 2nd year man Ahmad Dixon (69) was brought in and will start over FS Bradley McDougal (73). At SS D.J Swearinger (73) gets the start . Dixon and Swearinger form a young hard hitting duo at the safety spots.

• Like Like x 1
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  9. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Sweet write up fellas, I'll have to dig in and get one done for dem IGGLES

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    PAISLEY PARK GAZETTE
    View attachment 38757
    Season Preview Edition

The 2015 Season Starts Now
    View attachment 38756

Will the Return of AD boost the Vikes into the Playoffs?
    As the preseason closes out the fans across the Twin Cities are eager to see what the 2015 season holds for the Vikings. After the 2014 season which saw All-Pro RB Adrian Peterson suit only once, Minnesota looks to build upon some success stories. You have to start with the play of Teddy Bridgewater, who took over for the struggling tandem of Christian Ponder and Matt Cassell in week four and never looked back Teddy finished his rookie year at 6-6 completing 64.4 percent of his passes for 2,919 yards. With the future Hall of Famer Peterson back in the fold and the addition of field stretching receiver Mike Wallace, many believe Bridgewater will continue to raise his level of play.
    Not only will he have Wallace, acquired from the Dolphins, he will also still have last year's breakout Charles Johnson, and rookie Stefon Diggs. The two biggest wildcards for the Vikings skill players are oft injured TE Kyle Rudolph and enigmatic WR Cordarelle Patterson, who seemed destined for stardom as a rookie before barely seeing the active game day roster in 2014. If the team can get consistency from either of these players 2015 could be a sspecial season offensively.
    But without an improved showing from the big men up front all the skill talent will be for naught. With the 2014 poor play from former fourth overall pick Matt Khalil, and the preseason injury to strating RT Phil Loadholt, the Vikings staff found themselves in need for instant help along the line. So they drafted TJ Clemmings to play right tackle and signed free agent Jake Long as the starting left tackle. We will see if the former number overall and the raw kid are up to the task.
    On defense Heach Coach Mike Zimmer had one expectation for the offseason, get fast and more athletic. His first two draft picks, CB Trae Waynes and MLB Eric Kendricks, fit that bill. Waynes impressed many his last season at Michigan State but struggled in the offseason with his play recognition in zone coverage but flashed some signs that made him the eleventh overall pick. Kendrick is an athletic linebacker that gets to the ball with good speed and quickness. Adding these two to a young core and this could become a formidable defense for seasons to come.
    Expect the veteran DEs Everson Griffen and Brian Robison to come off the edge forcing opposing QBs up in the pocket right into the lap of the formidable pair of Linval Joseph and Sharif Floyd. If the front four can get penetration against the run and harass the passer against the pass, look for Zimmer to get creative with his linebackers Kendrick, Gerald Hodges and second year speed demon Anthony Barr. Many expected Barr to be able to get after the passer coming into his rookie year but he showed to be a sturdy defender against the run also. Longtime Vike Chad Greenway will play the reserve situational role as his stellar career comes to a close.
    In the secondary, look for Waynes to push for playing time as the game begins to slow down for him. But blossoming CB Xavier Rhodes and veteran CB Captain Munnerlyn have shown that they have the skills to keep the youngster on the sideline in base defense. Also look for Josh Robinson to push for playing time with vet and Zimmer fave Terence Newman possibly the odd man out. Two young and talented Safeties Harrison Smith and Robert Blanton provide deep pass support but also have the ability to come up and place a hit against the run game.

Prediction: 8 - 8 miss the playoffs. (User errors)

11. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    PAISLEY PARK GAZETTE
    Vikings Logo MV.gif
    Season Preview Edition

The 2015 Season Starts Now
    PreSeason.jpg
    Will the Return of AD boost the Vikes into the Playoffs?
    As the preseason closes out the fans across the Twin Cities are eager to see what the 2015 season holds for the Vikings. After the 2014 season which saw All-Pro RB Adrian Peterson suit only once, Minnesota looks to build upon some success stories. You have to start with the play of Teddy Bridgewater, who took over for the struggling tandem of Christian Ponder and Matt Cassell in week four and never looked back Teddy finished his rookie year at 6-6 completing 64.4 percent of his passes for 2,919 yards. With the future Hall of Famer Peterson back in the fold and the addition of field stretching receiver Mike Wallace, many believe Bridgewater will continue to raise his level of play.
    Not only will he have Wallace, acquired from the Dolphins, he will also still have last year's breakout Charles Johnson, and rookie Stefon Diggs. The two biggest wildcards for the Vikings skill players are oft injured TE Kyle Rudolph and enigmatic WR Cordarelle Patterson, who seemed destined for stardom as a rookie before barely seeing the active game day roster in 2014. If the team can get consistency from either of these players 2015 could be a sspecial season offensively.
    But without an improved showing from the big men up front all the skill talent will be for naught. With the 2014 poor play from former fourth overall pick Matt Khalil, and the preseason injury to strating RT Phil Loadholt, the Vikings staff found themselves in need for instant help along the line. So they drafted TJ Clemmings to play right tackle and signed free agent Jake Long as the starting left tackle. We will see if the former number overall and the raw kid are up to the task.
    On defense Heach Coach Mike Zimmer had one expectation for the offseason, get fast and more athletic. His first two draft picks, CB Trae Waynes and MLB Eric Kendricks, fit that bill. Waynes impressed many his last season at Michigan State but struggled in the offseason with his play recognition in zone coverage but flashed some signs that made him the eleventh overall pick. Kendrick is an athletic linebacker that gets to the ball with good speed and quickness. Adding these two to a young core and this could become a formidable defense for seasons to come.
    Expect the veteran DEs Everson Griffen and Brian Robison to come off the edge forcing opposing QBs up in the pocket right into the lap of the formidable pair of Linval Joseph and Sharif Floyd. If the front four can get penetration against the run and harass the passer against the pass, look for Zimmer to get creative with his linebackers Kendrick, Gerald Hodges and second year speed demon Anthony Barr. Many expected Barr to be able to get after the passer coming into his rookie year but he showed to be a sturdy defender against the run also. Longtime Vike Chad Greenway will play the reserve situational role as his stellar career comes to a close.
    In the secondary, look for Waynes to push for playing time as the game begins to slow down for him. But blossoming CB Xavier Rhodes and veteran CB Captain Munnerlyn have shown that they have the skills to keep the youngster on the sideline in base defense. Also look for Josh Robinson to push for playing time with vet and Zimmer fave Terence Newman possibly the odd man out. Two young and talented Safeties Harrison Smith and Robert Blanton provide deep pass support but also have the ability to come up and place a hit against the run game.

Prediction: 8 - 8 miss the playoffs. (User errors)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

[​IMG]

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES - 2015
    Lots of new faces in Philly to start the 2015 season. QB Sam Bradford enters the season as QB#1 with Mark Sanchez servings as the back up. RB DeMarco Murray should be a stud this year with Sproles and R. Mathews providing relief.
    The WR position has a lot of young talent in Josh Huff, Jordan Matthews and Nelson Agholor. Riley Cooper and Miles Austin round out the group but they should see limited time. Matthews has proved to be the truth and looks to be the teams #1 receiving threat with Zach Ertz close behind due to the scheme of Chip Kelly's offense.
    The line his it's steady pillars in Jason Peters, Jason Kelce and Lane Johnson. The question marks are at the guard position. Philly will look to free agency to add some depth to this unit. Carl Nicks was brought in but gave up 2 sacks on opening day so there may be more movement on the horizon for PHI.

The defense gave up on vets Trent Cole and promoted Brandon Graham after a stellar season last year. Connor Barwin, M. Kendricks and K. Alonzo round out the linebacker corps. which should be a stout core. Fletcher Cox is a monster at the RE position. C. Thornton and B. Logan get little to no love in Madden but should be a force within that front 7. Bryon Maxwell was brought in from SEA to bolster the horrid Eagles secondary from last year along with rookie Eric Rowe. These guys can only get better from Cary Williams and Bradley Fletcher from last season. Malcom Jenkins is the pro bowl safety the team will lean on to make plays all over the field. Journeyman SS Jerome Couplin III will see his first action starting for the eagles this year.

EAGLES PRIORTIES :
    Keep Bradford Clean
    Feed DeMarco Murray
    Develop Defensive Backs

QUESTION MARKS :
    Is Bradford the future
    What do we do at the GUARD positions
    Can Couplin III and Evans develop in to true starters

EXPECTATIONS : 9-7 (Wild Card)

• Like Like x 1
  13. charter04

charter04 Walk On

5x-super-bowl-champions-rings.png

2015 Dallas Cowboys Team Preview
    The Cowboys are coming off a good year that was much higher than expectations. Most thought that after MLB Sean Lee was hurt their already suspect defense would be historically bad and they would have a terrible year. They finished 12-4, won the NFC East, won their first round playoff game, and came very close to making it to the NFC championship game. Even though they have some older stars they have the 4th youngest roster in the NFL with an average age of 25.4. The plan is to build on the success of 2014 and get that 6th Super Bowl title.

Offensive preview
    It starts and ends with the 36 year old QB Tony Romo. Romo has been one of the best NFL QB's but, also one of the most scrutinized. For years he has held together a shaky offense with his stellar play and last year he finally had the pieces in place to show what he could do with a good supporting cast. Dallas needs another solid year from him for them to have a shot at a championship.

Romo and the offense was successful last year because of the offensive line that Dallas has been putting together for the past few years. They feature 3 first round picks that have played very well together. This is probably the best run blocking line in the NFL.

After letting the NFL's leading rusher, DeMarco Murray, go the plan is to use a RB by committee approach and bank on the idea that the success of Murray had more to do with the OL than the RB.

The WR's and TE's are a very solid group that will benefit from the strong run game. If defenses stack the box then Dez Bryant and Terrance Williams should have lots of one on one match ups to take advantage of. Jason Witten continues to be a great all around TE. A solid run blocker and good possession option over the middle.

Defensive Preview

The Cowboys run a Tampa 2, 4-3 defense. They try and use bend but, don't break philosophy that banks on the idea that the offense will eventually get impatient and turn the ball over.

To be successful Dallas needs to get pressure on the QB with their front four. They should be able to do this with Greg Hardy, Tyrone Crawford, DeMarcus Lawrence, and Randy Gregory.

The LB's are another strength of the defense with Will LB Sean Lee and Mike LB Rolando McClain leading the way.

The secondary took a big hit when top CB Orlando Scandrick was lost for the season with a knee injury. Dallas still has some solid guys back there if the front four can get pressure.

14. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Phins.png

The QB position should be sound for a few seasons Tannehill is the main man in Miami and that won't change. Matt Moore has a sizable edge on Josh Freeman who will be a lifer at the clipboard position. Barring major injury Tannehill will have a good productive year and will be looking to improve upon his numbers and the team’s success from a season ago.

RB

Miami has never been known as a run first team but with the new coach calling the shots that just might change. Lamar Miller will be the first to prove himself worthy. The word is, coach aims to put this team at top five in carries on the season. Turnovers will be the key indicator as to who leads the team in touches. If Miller isn't the guy (I doubt it) Damien Williams will have his chance followed by newly acquired Jeremy LangFord then the rookie from Boise State Jay Ajayi who has had a decent training camp. The success of this team will be largely based on this units ability between the tackles no one here is irreplaceable.

TE / WR

Its been said that this offensive unit is appetizing but its not quite as filling as some of the other statistical powerhouses in the current NFL's highlight fueled age. Since the departure of names like Marshall & Wallace Miami wideouts have been draped in a veil of mediocrity. This young receiving corps is solid and ready prove themselves. With the additions of Kenny Stills Greg Jennings tight-end Jordan Cameron and also recently drafted DeVante Parker & Christion Jones the Dolphins look to have a respectable year through the air. And given the fact that leading receiver Landry is the only worthy target returning to the team from last year competition looks to get interesting.

OL

There are mixed reviews on the o line with only Pouncey and Branden Albert being the only identifiable guys up front. This isn't a popularity contest and the rest of the crew doesn't care to be liked or known, neither does Pouncey for that matter. This bunch is going back to smash mouth football how it’s supposed be done; as one unit whether they fail or succeed their presence will be felt after each game.

DL

Ndamukong Suh's presence is that of Reggie white or Bruce Smith, pure dominance. With a little sauce after the play if needed or even when it’s not necessary. His presence on the line will spell opportunities for the rest of the entire defensive unit. It’s no question that the respect he demands will pay dividends for veteran Wake. He would have had a higher impact if Dion Jordan were with the team thus season but a 1 year suspension leaves the young up and comers to fill the void which certainly wont be and issue.

LB

Jelani Jenkins and Koa Misi will be maintaining the seniority of the linebacker group newcomers Spencer Paysinger and Kelvin Shepard will fill in the necessary spots in group that will also benefit from Suh's presence via forced outside runs and other disruptions. Jeff Loc Neville Hewitt and Mike Hull will have to learn on the fly since the Dolphins lack depth at the postion. We just might see a star in Hull, who is a product of Linebacker U aka Penn State.

DB

Anytime you're in a division with one of the all-time greats in the passing game it’s a must to have a talented yet disciplined group of DB's that can play off as well as on the ball at all times. This Miami secondary will try to do just that. This is a decently pooled together group of guys that have a tall task in Brady and not so daunting task in Geno Smith and EJ Emanuel. Pro bowl corner B.Grimes, though aging, still has some game left in him the question is whether someone else can step up to the plate and match his ability on the other side Jamar Taylor maybe?. As for nickel that will be Will Davis or all-big 10 wide receiver turned corner Tony Lippetts job to lose. Reshad Jones and Louis Delmas will man the safety spots for the mean time. There are a few questions that remain unanswered about this group but as long as they play as a unit, remain disciplined they just might make a few plays given Suh does his job of making opposing QB's uncomfortable.

Final analysis

There are some good pieces in place to succeed in the sunshine state. This team is eager to prove that 8-8 last year was just a start in the right direction. The TMFL is a tough league full of great coaches that know what it takes to win.... often. Hopefully our success can go from pedestrian to the driver's seat in less than a season or two. The sky will remain the limit as long as the turnovers are low and the stats are high

• Like Like x 1