2015 Team Previews

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

1) What stars are returning?
    2) Do you see any freshmen you are stoked to see on the field?
    3) Any guys under the radar due for their break out season?
    4) What playbooks do you plan to run?
    5) How many recruits can you bring in?
    6) What kind of recruits do you need?
    7) What are/aren't you going to change from last season?
    8) Who can't you wait to play?
    9) Give me a quick prediction of how you think 2015 will treat you.
    10) National Championship prediction?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Wow! It took my new HB 10s to score his 1st TD. He received the opening KO, shoved a would be tackler to the ground and then took it the distance!

3. jello1717

His 2nd touch of his career was taking a punt return for a TD!

4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

JR QB Calvin Doucette returns and should be better in his 2nd year as a starter.
    SR WR Christian Jones led the team in receiving last season and is a superb athlete.
    SR TE Jay Rome (transfer form UGA) will have his 2nd full season in Evanston and is my best offensive player.
    SR DT Lamichael Fanning (transfer from Bama) Best player on defense finally gets on the field for NU.

In the past my recruits have been so bad I've had to redshirt everyone. This is the first season I have a couple freshman who have managed to crack the 2 deep and will definitely be seeing some PT.

RS FR QB Lance Burton will backup Doucette and will get some opportunities to play to gain experience.
    True FR DE Larry Powell will backup John Swain at RE but will be part of the rotation and play rush end in some sets.
    True FR FS Jeff Henry will split time with RS FR FS Tim Powell. Hopefully they can make an impact back there on D.

WR Christian Jones had a strong year for me last season but played in the shadow of Adonis Smith. With him gone Jones has the opportunity to really break out this season.

HB Shane Dodd takes over the HB role with the graduation of Kellen Williams. Dodd hasn't seen significant action yet, but he and Treyyon Green look poised to be gamebreakers in the new NU offense.

Well as usual, when I can't decide between two books I let the game decide. So trying to figure out if I wanted to go fleXbox One or not, I ran a game of Oregon vs. Nebraska (option run book) and played offense for both teams. Oregon ended up winning this one behind a strong game from LaMichael James so it looks as though I'll be continuing with the spread option book even with as much as it frustrates me. Just gotta narrow it down from Clemson, Oregon, or Tulsa.

Defense - sticking with Multiple

In my first season as a 4 star program I'm going to look to bring in 16 recruits.

WR's and DT's are the biggest area to address on the trail this year.

NU WILL finish above .500 this season. Last year a couple games got away from me due to the inexperience and lack of talent on the field. The teams a year older now and has improved in a lot of places. The key is going to be DT LaMichael Fanning. If he can keep the LBs clean and let them make plays this NU squad will be much better than last season.

I'm really looking forward to weeks 8 & 11 when I get to host LSU and Wisconsin. There's really nothing like getting creamed in front of your home crowd.

The schedule isn't very friendly. 6 wins and maybe 7 if we get a good bowl matchup.

Arizona St 27
    Wisconsin 31

Georgia has the horses to get back to the title game but with a 4 week span of @Ark before hosting LSU, Stanford & Tennessee between the hedges it's not looking good. Add to that a potential SEC championship game against LSU or a strong Ole Miss squad and I don't think Georgia goes undefeated this year. Maybe they get in with 1 loss but I think ASU's running the table this season till Wisconsin.

It'd be nice if somebody could beat them damn Badgers in the B1G but I don't have the horses to do it, Suge likely doesn't have the horses to do it, and JC just got downed by Oklahoma so while his defense has improved, I don't think he's there yet.

5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

HB Ka'deem Carey on the offensive front is back and is gonna be a big part of the offense this season
    FS Willie Cannon returns defensively. He is a staple in a press coverage scheme.

Freshman Redshirt on offense. Rodney Fuller at QB is a freaking stud. He is actually semi mobile.
    On defense, Tim Cowan already made a splash in his first game with a one handed INT for six.

All of my wide receivers on offense. Even though the perception is that they are slow, they are studs at going up and getting the ball.
    On defense, the defensive line needs to break out and cause a lot of pressure to help stop the run and pass.

What i always do. Okie St
    Defensively i'm sticking with the 3-4

I can bring in a solid 17 recruits :D

I need some safeties to replace the FS's who are leaving and the SS who is leaving. Only need on offense is a FB

Gonna spread the ball around like crazy. Too many good receivers to focus just on one. On defense, gonna try and stay to my similar strategies.

Jello. Gonna kill him. Done with his shit. Bitch needs a wake up call :D

I predict competing for the South and even a Pac-12 title. Hopefully we can get to the Rose Bowl (which ironically i still haven't done for Arizona).

We'll see after i play Bill -_- But I believe anyone can get there (see me in 2013)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  6. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

- QB Jerrard Randall decided to return for his senior year (no swaying necessary) and looks to be the focal point of the offense. This dual-threat QB has all the skills (99 OVR) and will have the ball in his hands quite a bit. Having a very talented back-up in Terrence Bell (94 OVR, 99 Throw Power) means that Coach Dwreck can run him at will and an injury won't mean the end of the season. Look for Heisman type numbers from Randall. Also, HB Kenny Hilliard looks to step out of the shadow of Jakhari Gore who graduated in the spring. Hilliard is a big, durable back who figures to get a majority of the carries along with Randall.

- Having not done my own recruiting last year and having capable players coming back, the only Freshman that will see decent field time is RE Kendrick Hendrix.

- MLB Daryl East looks to make an impact after moving from OLB into the middle. East has a good mix of pursuit and coverage skills and if the DL can keep blockers from getting to the second level, East could have a really nice year.

- Taking over the team for the first year (except for 2 games last year) Coach Dwreck is going to have to get creative. I looks like the Pistol is going to be the best fit to let Randall shine and you can count on a lot of 2 TE sets with two absolute beasts in Kevin Hooper (6'7" 273 lbs., 95 OVR) and Scott Hall (6'4" 243 lbs., 90 OVR). Hooper and Hall actually grade out to be the 3rd and 4th rated WR on the Tiger team this year.

- On the defensive side of the ball, we are really going to have to mix it up and see what works. With 2 big time play-makers gone at DT and not a lot of returning talent at that position, the Tigers will look to mix in some 3-4 with their 4-3 from the multiple playbook.

- 16 seniors + 1 roster spot = 17 total

- The listed needs are HB, G, TE and FS. With 23 underclassmen on the defense of the ball and 17 on the offense, this years class looks to be mostly offensive with hopefully some high-end play-makers on the defense.

- Again, after only playing 2 games last year, this year everything will be brand new.

- I am looking forward to playing all of the user games. That's what it is all about. There is a good chance I will take some lumps, but that's where the fun is.

- With 3/5 user games on the road and a tough conference I would be happy at 8-4 although 7-5 is a distinct possibility. With the tough schedule I would imagine that even with 5 losses that I can finish the year in the Top 25.

- Being a newby, I have no idea how good everyone is. I think Wisconsin has a good shot to go to back to the championship game and play the winner of the SEC who I am going to say is Georgia.

7. jello1717

SO QB Robbie Thomas looks to have a break out season in his first full year as a starter.
    SR(RS) WR Gary Chambers has the skills to put up J.J. Holliday numbers. He has a much better selection of 2-6 WRs to support him than Holliday so the ball will be spread around more, but he can take it to the house anytime he touches the ball.
    JR FS Jerry Sullivan is the first superstar that I've signed and is the highest rated person on my team. He has sick speed and patrols the secondary like a pro.
    SO SS Thomas Lambert was huge last year as a true FR starter and looks to not have a sophomore slump this year. He and Sullivan allow for my corners to make the occassional mistake.

My team is REALLY young. We start 4 true FR on defense and we have 21 FR and SO in our 2 deep. We've got 3 true FR LBs that start from whom I'm expecting very big things. Offensively, #1 HB Bryan Stephens is a true playmaker. In a "practice" game against Vanderbilt he returned a punt and a KO for a TD within the span of 2 minutes. Like Chambers, Stephens is a threat to go the distance any time that he touches the ball.

Not really.

Spread option on offense and 4-3/3-4 on defense once again.

We can sign up to 18 guys if we so choose.

My offense is coming along nicely. I've got a quality QB with a quality backup. I'd still like a faster, much quicker guy, but those dudes are still not interested in ASU. I've got a good stable of backs, but I'm still searching for the great power back that can run anyone over. dakota7 and I are already battling over that guy this season. I have a good number of O-linemen, but I'm still trying to sign the true road graders there so studly O-linemen are always welcome in Tempe.
    Defensively, I'm pretty damn well stocked. We have future studs at 10 of our 11 positions. All we're looking for is another bookend DE to go with the guy we got last season. I'm extremely proud of the defense I've built thus far.

I'm going to stick with 1 QB this year instead of starting with a 2 QB system. It was necessary last year due to having an unknown in the FR, but we're good now. Outside of that, I'm going to keep plugging away as always.

Week 2 vs. JCspartan2 . We had a great rivalry in '10, but I dominated it due to the fact that my Michigan squad was always much better than his Spartans. It was obvious during that series that he's a better player than I and I only won due to the talent differential. His team is much better than mine this season so I'm anticipating receiving a beat down, but it'll be fun to renew the rivalry.

We're a lot younger this year than last, so I expect some growing pains early on, but I expect us to hit our stride midway through the season. As always I expect to challenge for the Pac12-S title and hope to get a birth in the Pac12 CCG.
    GoGators should be happy to know that I won't be crying about having the 2nd worst user team anymore. This year we only have the 4th worst user team!

I don't know enough about Dwreck to know if his Tigers can compete, but I think it's gotta be Wisconsin vs. Georgia again. blLL flo 's team is stupid good and I think he wins it all this year.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

QB's RJ Montgomery, Evan Crower and Rufus Warren. It is going to be hard to figure out who will take the reins as they all have crazy potential but for now I am going to start Evan because of his better awareness and is slighty faster than RJ. Warren unfortunately is playing 3rd string after a horrible SO season.
    HB Remound Wright decided to stay with us for his Senior season and has Heisman on his mind
    CB Jamie Ford returns with hopes to shake off that Sophomore Slump

As of right now, no.

I'd like to give HB Kelsey Young more touches. He has great skills and deserves some of the spotlight

Same as always.

MLB, G, DT....Going to work on building my O line this year.

Going to keep pounding the rock while improving what was a dismal passing season. I would like to see at least 10 wins this season with more user victories.

Jello. Looking for revenge.

I've become accustomed to being in the Pac-12 CCG. We will make another appearance and look to win it for the second time in my career at Stanford.

Winner of SEC Champ -35
    Winner of Pac12 Champ - 31

• Like Like x 1
  9. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

1) What stars are returning?​
    HB Anthony Martin, WR Donte Moncrief, MLB Kelvin Davis, LE Ray Drew
    2) Do you see any freshmen you are stoked to see on the field?​
    FS Brandon Pierce
    3) Any guys under the radar due for their break out season?​
    DT Morgan Farris had a solid season as a freshman. Should have a huge season with all the talent around him on D.
    4) What playbooks do you plan to run?​
    Not sure yet. Run a CPB based off PSU, but have issues with Bill and Suge and can't use it. Thinking of moving on to a base and stick with it.
    5) How many recruits can you bring in?​
    6) What kind of recruits do you need?​
    WR and OL depth
    7) What are/aren't you going to change from last season?​
    Stay the same.
    8) Who can't you wait to play?​
    I have some monster user games this year. Dakota, JC, Jello, and my new SEC rival Dwreck. Have no history with any so it should be interesting.
    9) Give me a quick prediction of how you think 2015 will treat you.​
    Not sure Ole Miss has a very tough road. With three OOC user games against MNC contenders and a new SEC rival who knows. We went 11-3 last year (3-2 against user games played) and were very young. We started 8 fr and 7 soph last year 8 of which were on the defense side of the ball. 3 of the defensive players made the FR AA team and one is preseason 2nd team AA. Defense was my issue last year due to my youth so it should be much improved. Offense should be high powered with FR QB Brian Simpson being my first 3,000 yrd passer and WR Donte Moncrief my first 1,000yrd receiver last year to go with 2,000yrd rusher Anthony Martin. Could be a special year or a dude we'll find out game one against National Champ Wisky.
    10) National Championship prediction?​
    If the teams are undefeated I say Jello and Dakota. SEC will be tough this year and I don't see anyone coming out of it undefeated. If a one loss team does get in it will be a one loss SEC winner against Dakota.

10. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

Offense
    The more explosive part of my tandem is back, as now RS Senior HB Devrin Young looks to led this team. He is just what you expect in the SEC with 98/99 speed/acceleration coming off a season averaging just over 100 yards a game. However, the critical piece to this team is occupied by 6'5" 308 pound RS Senior RG Kyler Kerbyson. "Big Ky" is the captian and need to be the leader of the team. He will be the anchor of my line (at 97 ovr) and is in a position to mentor as the rest of the O-line are a: Freshman, RS Freshman, RS Sophomore, RS Freshman.
    Defense
    RS Senior ROLB Christian Harris is the star here. At 6'3" 238 lbs, with 86/93 speed/accel and 90 tackle/hit power/pursuit he is a man. Look out for #37. His partner on the left side is no slouch either. RS Senior LOLB Curt Maggitt is the leading tackler on this team. Curt lines up at 6'3" 226 lbs, with 87/95 speed/accel. His skills are 87/90/97 tackle/hit power/pursuit. I'm excited to have these 2 monsters leading my D. :D

I have high hopes for both my Freshman starters. Both have the potential to be unsung heroes on this squad. Ryan Arnold (5'11" 255) walked onto campus as the #4 ranked FB recruit. He looks to be special at 78 over with 82/92 speed/acc 78/71 carry/catch and 72/71 pass block/run block. Pretty good for a :1stars:guy.
    My other starter is LT Jacob Robinson. Rated as the #14 G prospect he was a castaway of the Badgers. This young one from B1G country is 6'5" 309 lbs 74/95 speed/accel, 76/84 pass block/run block. He looks to have quite the future, hopefully that starts this season.

Offense
    RS Senior HB Tom Smith only saw 16 carries last season. He is the dark horse to success here in Knoxville this year. I suspect it's apparent I like to have a two-HB system. His is in the mold of a power back at 5'11" 226 lbs. 91/94 speed/accel and 93/87 break tackle/trucking should serve well in having a great campaign.
    Defense
    RS Senior Tino Thomas needs to show up. Only 22 tackles, 1 sack, 0 INTs, and 2 deflections as a Junior. He is my best CB (6'0" 205) at 90 ovr and is to skilled not to perform. 96/94 speed/accel, 92/96 man/zone coverage, and 89/96 press/pursuit. I will be shocked if he doesn't become a star this season.
    Also looking for my final linebacker, RS Junior MLB David McCoy to play above himself. He is 6'5" 236 lbs, enough said lol.

Offense
    Staying with Ohio State for at least one more year. The results of my Air Force flex bone trial are pretty obvious :(
    Defense
    4-3

12..12..12..12..12..12..12..12..12..12. No more recruiting violations!

O & D line depth and another HB? I don't think I need another running back but I guess numbers wise I do.

Don't plan on changing anything now, just plan on getting better at what I do.

Hopefully Utah State or FIU. After losing to Nevada with not being able to play users this season I'll be lucky to make any bowl game. Smh

(Charles Barkley) Turrible. The results will be nowhere near the talent this team has. It's sad I already know that fact.

LSU is loaded. As long as Dwreck is a decent player his team should find a way to run the table. Ok, maybe above decent as he will have to beat blLL flo twice and Georgia will be talented. Also, there looks to be some special players suiting up out in Tempe, so I see the Sun Devils taking no mercy on their way to the NC.
    Arizona State (with the help of a Freshman game-changer) finds a way to take the title from the Tigers. 31-24

• Like Like x 1
  11. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Is everyone forgetting about Arizona? Not to get to the title but stopping Jello?

12. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

No, we remember you.

13. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

Exactly LOL

14. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

On defense, free safety Jamarr Huffman leads a veteran squad. Offensively, the Badgers' receiving corps, tight end Korey Ball, wide receivers Jesse Sellers and Mike Cameron all return and will make B1G plays. However, the offensive line returns three starters from last years team and will be counted on to blow holes thru opposing defenses.

Lol, not really. I have one redshirt freshman starting at strong safety and he had a rough game against TCU.

Halfbacks Derek Brown and Kevin Dykes aren't under the radar, per se. But with Melvin Gordon leaving for the NFL, it's their time.

Sticking with Western Kentucky or a slightly modified version.

We have 8 seniors and 1 unused scholarships, so 9 open spots for next season.

We already signed a DT, and have a need at MLB. However, there are OLBs that could move over. So, really, none.

If it ain't broke, why fix it?

I have never played edge or randy.

Coming off back to back BCS championships, expectations are sky high. The Badgers always start out with a goal of winning the B1G.

If a team comes out of the SEC undefeated, I expect that team to be in the championship game. Maybe Oklahoma...they got past MSU last night.

15. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I return all but two starters on defense. Of particular interest is Sophomore SS James Morris with 97 Spd 99 ACC and great coverage skills. Overall though the defense is very fast and should be the "star" of this team. Offensively WR Titus Gross returns along with both QBs Connor Cook and Alex Lindsay. However this season I have decided to start RS FS George Chase at QB due to his 97 THP and 90 THA compared to Cook's 83 THP and 87 THA.

I'm excited to see Chase at QB due to his arm strength. I also have a number of HBs that haven't seen the field yet and would like to see what they can do, particularly HB Kevin Tucker.

HB Roger Williamson. He was forced to move from WR to HB two seasons ago due to lack of players at HB and is now 85 Ovr with 94 Spd and 85 ACC. He lacks a lot of the elusiveness and power of a natural HB, but he definitely has breakaway speed and should see the majority of the carries.

Well, I was going to try to run the same offense as last season which was the base MSU book with a few tweaks to make use of some specific talent. However, two games into the season the offense has scored a total of 24 points. It is clear that something needs to change and the loss of WR Keith Mumphrey is hurting me a lot more than I thought it would. Not to mention I started the season against the #1 and #7 teams in the nation.

I have 14 scholarships.

Offensive line. Offensive line. And Offensive line.

Not changing the defense. They have played well so far this season and I have very few seniors so they should only get better. Offensively...what am I not going to change at this point? Hell I might make them all wear skirts during the games...

I was looking forward to playing jello1717 which happened last night. We had a great rivalry back in '10 with MSU and UofM and I'd like to get some more games in between us in the future. This years game was a fun defensive battle, hopefully my offense can bring something to the table next time around.

Well considering how this year has started, not well. B1G championship is the goal, but beyond that there isn't a glimmer of hope.

It's hard to discount the Badgers after their last *championship*, but I see someone new stepping in this year. I would watch out for Dwreck in the SEC, he is a huge unknown and could be a major factor this year.

16. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Just about EVERYONE returns for UGA. We only lose 4 starters on offense (2 OL). QB Brian Murray and HB Corey Kimbrough will lead the offense. On defense we only lose 2 defensive linemen. MLB Ron Robinson and the secondary will lead this A+ rated unit.
    I would have like to see the #1 recruit from last year on the field, but the talent above him is too much. He is currently tabbed as the 5th WR, so he may see occasional PT.
    TE Chandler Taylor. The TE position has been somewhat ignored as an offensive weapon during our 1st 4 seasons. This year we hope to utilize him as a weapon in the middle of the field.
    Same as the first 4 seasons. CPB Purdue based offense. CPB Multiple defense.
    19, but 2 of those will be for a kicker and punter. Things look pretty good so far, as we will go for back to back #1 classes.
    We have needs at K, P, C, QB, FS, and SS.
    We plan on opening up the offense more. Last year we were fairly conservative in Murray's first season under center. Then in the biggest game of the year, we dug ourselves and early hole before we opened things up to make it a game. That will be our focus from the start this year as we plan to have a more threatening air attack.
    DRWECK. I can't wait to welcome him to the SEC!
    Falling short of an SEC championship would be a let down. We plan on making it back to Atlanta and then challenging for a NC.
    I think 3 teams could go unbeaten this year. Arizona State has their QB and a few talented young players that will have him atop the PAC-12. I think Wisconsin will be back from the B1G. I also think an SEC team could go undefeated, but it will be extremely difficult. LSU @ UGA in week 5 will start to clear this picture up.

17. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

Yeah buddy!

• Like Like x 1