2015 TMFL Re-Draft!

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by hskr8128, Feb 17, 2015.

1. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Redrafting the 2015 TMFL Draft

Every year there are busts and gems in the NFL Draft. What if we could go back and re-draft knowing what we know 3 years later? Let take a look at what the top 10 of the 2015 draft would look like if we could get a do-over

1. Minnesota Vikings (OLB Darius Kitchens)-NEW PICK WR Audre Slaughter (Chargers pick 1.21)
      Kitchens has been decent but Slaughter is the best WR from this draft and has been a huge weapon for San Diego. He would give Bridgewater the deep threat they’ve been missing
    2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (OLB Victor Powell)-NEW PICK QB Brett Hudson (Cowboys pick 1.26)Tampa got a decent QB in the 2nd round but Bloom has struggled with throwing INT's. Imagine them having Hudson, who has been by far the best QB to come out of the '15 class.
    3. Jacksonville Jaguars (CB Deshun Daniels)-NEW PICK LT Arthur Burrell (Seahawks pick 1.32) Burrell has become a franchise LT and would immediately make a bad Jags line a strength
    4. Detroit Lions (CB Heath Starks)-NEW PICK DE Dre Landry (Giants pick 1.19) The Lions moved to a 34 but had they known the ability Landry had, they may have been convinced to stick with a 4-3. He has 35 sacks in just 2.75 seasons with no signs of slowing down.
    5. Cleveland Browns (LT Luis Reyna)-NEW PICK OLB Ontarius Barksdale (Browns 1.25) We were tempted to leave Reyna here as he was a solid pickup by the franchise. If there was really a re-draft though, Barksdale would likely go higher then Reyna so the Browns would hope to just swap their picks around
    6. New York Jets (FS Reade Glenn)-NEW PICK MLB Keland Pugh (Bucs 5.10) In my eyes, Pugh was the steal of this draft and he'd be a nightmare in the Jet's 3-4. Team him up with class of 2016 draftee Shep Rowland and you have a ferocious young duo. Glenn is a big time bust.
    7. Miami Dolphins (OLB Shayn Jordan)-NEW PICK SS Wayne Sturdivant (Dolphins 2.7) Jordan is another player who can be written off as a bust but Miami hit big on their 2nd round pick, Sturdivant. To make sure they keep their guy, they'd have to snag him here as he's been the teams best defender for 3 years running now.
    8. Tennessee Titans (WR Khambrel Cunningham)-NEW PICK SS Chuck Swanson (Vikings 2.1) Swanson has been a very good player for the Vikings and would provide the Titans with a huge upgrade over current starter Rafael Bush. He's recorded close to 100 tackles and multiple INT's in both his full years and will come close in his 3rd. Cunningham has not lived up to the hype of being #8 OVR.
    9. Chicago Bears (QB Macon Stallworth)-NEW PICK QB Macon Stallworth (Bears 1.9) While Stallworth hasn't been spectacular, he is clearly the 2nd best QB in this class. The Bears made the right pick here the 1st time around.
    10. Baltimore Ravens (C Thomas Bell)-NEW PICK DE/DT Max Stumph (Broncos 1.11) The Broncos would hate to see Stumph redrafted just one pick before they actually got him but he is a pass rusher the Ravens could really use right now. He's recorded 19 sacks in his 2.75 seasons. Bell was not a bad pick here at all as he anchors the OL of the top rushing team in TMFL.
    I'm sure I missed some guys who should have gone in the top 10? What do you think? For those whose teams/players are represented here who would YOU have chose if you got to re-draft?

Big props to Cheez for doing the draft recaps, this would have never been possible without that thread.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Keland Pugh was definitely a steal. He has probably been my most favorite player this entire cycle. He has been a stud from day one. Bloom has definitely struggled for my squad and went from possibly being the franchise QB to avg at best. I blame my inability to put together a decent line around him though. When he has time (and at least some confidence) he is lights out, but under pressure they guy crumbles and once he starts to crumble in games he never has the ability to recover.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Great stuff man. You been killing content.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Love to see Slaughter projected #1! He leads my team in receiving and he's been injured the last 6 weeks! Remember, he was a 67 overall when drafted... No guarantee he would pan out in Minnesota.. I haven't done much right in this league but Drafting and utilizing this stud is at least one good move.

• Like Like x 2
  5. KelchSWagger

KelchSWagger Walk On

I love this but i wouldnt give up Kitchen he is great he can play almost anywhere on the field solid pick but a solid WR i am still looking for.

Swanson was a steal for me been a solid player he is all over the feild a ball hawk the experts was worried about his strenght and tackle but his 1st year thats all i worked on and he panned out and is a star player now

• Like Like x 1
  6. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Cleveland got Barksdale and Reyna in this draft... booyah.

• Like Like x 1
  7. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    You had quite the haul. One of those picks were mine ;)