2015 Week 2 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Kapono, May 23, 2011.

1. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Navy Tops UCLA 28-24

Navy and UCLA were close all game, alternating touchdowns until Navy scored with about 3 minutes remaining. UCLA was able to drive the field and was faced with a forth and inches with 0:30 remaining on the about the Navy 25. An option was called and was stuffed as Bower had nowhere to go. Navy WR Matt Stone won player of the game honors with 8 catches and 2 TD’s.

Navy is now 2-0 and will host Temple in week 3.

Navy Player Stats
    Eric McBride (QB)- 15-21 for 229 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT, 26 rush yards
    Corey Norman (HB)- 18 rushes for 83 yards, TD
    Matt Stone (WR)- 8 receptions for 122 yards, 2 TD
    Kenneth Brown (WR)- 4 receptions for 63 yards
    Derrick White (MLB)- 11 tackles, 1 TFL
    Blake Reid (DE)- 6 tackles, 5 TFL, 2 sacks
    Derrick Hall (FS)- 5 tackles, 2 INT

UCLA Player Stats
    Bryan Bower (QB)- 11-18 for 128 yards, 2 INT, 15 rushes for 125 yards, 2 TD
    Rashad Wright (HB)- 11 rushes for 44 yards
    Zach Hagen (OLB)- 5 tackles, 1 INT
    DeMarcus Oliver (CB)- 1 tackle, 1 INT

2. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Wow solid win for Navy I would say. I wish wins like this impacted recruiting more than they seem to. Congrats to Navy!

3. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Thanks and so do I. Although my recruiting this year is better than I expected. Even got 3 :4stars:guys I might be able to sign

4. jtthirtyfour

jtthirtyfour Walk On

good win and good luck the rest of the season. every user game i've played so far has been a thriller down to the final seconds.

5. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Notre Dame starts the season off with a BANG!

Downing the Owls 59-21!

Capture.PNG

The Fighting Irish came out and dominated the Owls on every front, but turnovers played a key role that caused the Owls OC to steer away from their game plan. The Irish's offense executed perfectly not turning over the ball at all the entire game, and allowing the running game led by RB Darrin Ellis(26-260-4tds) dictate the game.

Ellis definitely holds the Player of the Game honors in this one.

Capture.PNG

6. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Unbelievably Bad

Michigan tumbles against Notre Dame 31-7!

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Notre Dames D completely dominated this show, only allowing 147yds by the Michigan offense. If it were not for one 74yd slip up by blown coverage, the Irish might have posted a shut-out.

Capture.PNG

7. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

wow Notre Dame's looking good

8. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]
    38 28

AP
    Columbia, S.C.- It was another game to forget for first year head coach Jackson Brantley. The Gamecocks opened up their conference slate against interstate rival Georgia. The Bulldogs came into town with questions on defense and offense. They left with plenty of answers and a lot of broken South Carolina fan's hearts in their pockets.

Coach Brantley was aware of the lingering questions on his defense. It has been well publicized that the Carolina defense would miss several seniors from last year's squad. But no one could have imagined the end result would have been what transpired today. The Garnet and Black defense made starting Georgia running back Jordan Clark look like a Heisman finalist and future NFL first round draft pick. Clark would finish the day with 38 rushing attempts, 412 rushing yards and 5 touchdowns. If those stats aren't staggering enough maybe the fact that 90% of his yards came after contact Saturday. Carolina's worst enemy today was itself and not the Georgia ground game. Its failure to wrap up during the game was the catalyst for defeat today.

With all the offensive TNT Georgia packed today the Carolina offense was not subpar by any means. But it failed to make the plays when it counted and a late kick off return fumble sealed the loss. Gamecock quarterbacks Desi Woods and Jake Samuel both combined to pass for over 500 yards but yielded only 3 touchdowns. "Accuracy was another problem today in the loss. Desi and Jake both just got back there in the pocket and let the ball fly way too much. We had wide open guys down field but an inability to put the ball on target cost us once again" Coach Brantley said during the post game press conference.

UP NEXT
    The slate doesn't get any easier for the Gamecocks when #8 Alabama comes to town on their quest for conference dominance and a hope for BCS contentions this season.

[​IMG]

9. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Tough loss man.

10. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Yeah it definitely was but I am approaching it as a coach would and not getting frustrated. Just have to recruit and hope for a few plays to go our way.

11. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

Ohio State 38 Pittsburgh 35

Close but no cigar. The over matched Pitt Panthers came into Columbus strong by taking a 24-7 lead late into the second quarter. Pitt played well all afternoon, specifically Seth Tate who once again put up over 400 yards passing over a very talented secondary. Brian Mason again had a huge game hauling in 7 catches for 184 yards and two scores. In the end, two costly turnovers followed by big play scores by the Buckeyes we too much. Ohio State kicker Jamall Green booted the winning field goal as time expired. The 0-2 Panther's will meet the 14th ranked Iowa Hawkeyes next week.

12. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Damn man that is a tough one. You would think after a 24-7 lead you could play ball control and win that thing going away. Just goes to show you though that if you're ever down that much it is possible to come back. Not me though, I would never get lucky enough to get two turnovers when I needed them! Keep your head up though and keep pressing forward for bowl eligibility. That is all I have to look forward to right now.

13. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

My thoughts exactly. My line sucks at run blocking and my RB's aren't much better. I didn't want to be too conservative after being able to put up points.

14. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Not sure if you read my week 2 game recap against UGA but their RB pretty much made my entire defense look like bitches. Not sure if the sliders are that jacked up for the CPU break tackles or if my guys are really that crappy at wrapping up, but it was a huge embarassment. I mean guys would tackle him and he would just power through and take off 0-60 in no time! It is frustrating when you have all your gameplan to conservative and the guy still breaks off 70 yard touchdown runs lol!