2015 Week 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

2015 Week 2

We are now into week 2. Mainly user games this week with 4 on the schedule. Get those scheduled. Also feel free to test your forum content out this year. We have highlight and predictions threads already so remember those.

Games of the Week:

#6 Oklahoma (Ceewo) @ #11 USC (HovatheGodMC)

#19 Nebraska (Pipehitter531) @ #7 Miami (BraveJaf)

#1 Penn St (Hokie Effect) @ #3 Oregon (Tmac6412)

#21 Texas Tech (CWHarris1) @ UCLA (Recchem2000)

Next advance will be no later than late friday night.

2. Hova

[​IMG]

TRIPLE OT Final
    #11 USC 41
    #6 Oklahoma 38

"A truly classic game was played in southern LA as the Soones came to town to faceoff against the Trojans. The game started out early as a defensive battle with both teams having trouble with turnovers yet establishing good running games, which Oklahoma scored on the first play from scrimmage might I add. USC finally got on the board with this nice pass from backup QB Moore after my starter went down:

First Score

Oklahoma shot back with another score off a interception. USC would strike again before the half on the pick 6 TD by CB McAfee
    The game went into halftime tied at 14 a piece. The defensive battle kept going back in forth throughout the last 2 QTRs. The game would then head into OT. The first OT was quick with both teams scoring TDs fast. The 2nd OT would follow much of the same with USC scoring fast and Oklahoma getting a big 4th and 6 before scoring to send it to triple OT.

In triple OT CB Lawson made the Game Winning play intercepting the Sooner QB. USC would kick the game winning FG in triple OT to takedown the sooners at home. Overall it was a strong game of pass defense and solid running. Both HBs had over 100 yards and 3 TDs a piece. Hell of a game Ceewo. USC hits the road next week as they travel to the "Sea of Red" to take on the Huskers.

3. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

It was a hell of a game. You secondary was tough. There were not any openings to hit the receivers in and that resulted in some forced throws. I paid for them with 4 INTs on the game, the last was the most costly. Good luck the rest of the way.

Oklahoma hopes to bounce back next week when we make our 2nd straight trip to southern california, this time to take on Recchem and his UCLA Bruins.

4. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Va Tech-35
    Duke-6

Defense dominates again. Offense air raids the Devils all day. Derwin Davis has another huge game. Smith throws accurate as usual no picks. Tech wins lol

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

Doesn't look like much of a write-up there BUDDY

6. Hova

Better hope he didn't have a huge game in the FOURTH

7. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

Oregon - 21
    Penn State - 35

Penn State goes right into Oregon and walks out with a big win to keep its No. 1 ranking. The Ducks defense just gave up too many big plays to keep pace with Lions. Oregon QB Mark Jenkins threw for 222 yards (I think) and one touchdown while senior HB Townes ran for two TD's and 62 yards on 17 attempts.

Both Wilson and Robertson had sacks for the defense while senior MLB Nate Sanders had a big pick early in the game in the Penn State redzone.

Oregon had a chance to climb back into the game in the 4th quarter. Trailing by 14, Oregon was driving the ball and right around 20 yard line, Jenkins ran a QB choice but was hit which produced a fumble that PSU jumped on to end the comeback bid.

8. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Yea when i have a good game against cpu ill get on that, but im blowin them out easy no effort. And he had no catches in the 4th i believe

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

I got blown out by you...definetely not my greatest game by far and my write up was PARAGRAPHS

10. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Miami 21
    Nebraska 14

Miami dominated the stat sheets, gaining 404 yards to Nebraska's 176, but mistakes by the QB and coach kept this one close. Austin threw a couple picks in this match, including one in the end zone. The other big mistake was right before halftime. Rather than call timeout coach Bravejaf elected to run an additional play to try and get the TD. Time ran out before the play ended and a sure field goal chance was wasted.

On the plus Austin and the offense did make some big plays. The biggest play for Miami was an 80 yard pass to WR Allen that resulted in a TD. The other big play of the game was on Miami's final drive. After Nebraska scored to make it a one score game the Huskers elected to kickoff rather than try the onside. After a -5 yard run coach Bravejaf caught Nebraska off guard by calling a deep pass play. Austin hooked up with freshman TE Fraser to get the first down. After this Miami focused on run game to kill the clock.

Ellis also had another good game. He had 75 yards rushing on 19 carries and 4 receptions for 80 yards. He did miss the 3rd quarter due to an injury but Jones and Williams proved to be capable of carrying the load. They rushed for 68 yards on 11 carries and Williams punched in a short TD run.

Highlights:

Long pass play right before half time, unfortunately Miami came away with 0 points on this drive: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/20693971

Long pass play from Austin to Allen, result is 80 yard TD: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/20693918

GG Nole, I was surprised I was able to hold down your offense. It seemed like you were moving the ball against me so the end game stats were very surprising.

11. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Yeah this game was about big plays and turnovers. It was actually a close game after the 1st half. Dunlop played okay with 13/22 238yds 2 TD 1 INT. I took a big blow by losing my starting RB for 3 weeks early in the 1st quarter after 3 carries and 74yds. He will be missed when we play VT in 2 weeks. WR Brown had 4 rec for 134yds as he remains my big threat wideout. GG Tmac as I think that was our first matchup.

12. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

on that first highlight, you can't see that he ran the entire route out of bounds lol

13. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Really? I totally didn't see that. He was about my 5th choice, just caught him in corner of my eye right before the throw. I was actually looking at the guy going across the middle but I was afraid your player would jump the route or my guy would drop it on the hit.

14. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

yeah I was actually covering him with my user controlled MLB and broke off the coverage to go jump that crossing pattern while he was 4 yds out of bounds. Right before the screen shifted I saw him step back in bounds and knew he'd be uncovered. Good read on catching that tho. Luckily it didn't lead to points. Your HB (#47 I think) was pretty much unstoppable. My defense isn't very fast but they are strong and have high awareness ratings and that guy ran over most of them. Was a great game and, like I messaged you, I had no idea my offensive stats were so low.

15. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah I wish I could see Ellis (#47) play out a couple full seasons. He has been one of my favorite recruits so far in this game. He is my favorite type of back, possessing a very nice blend of power and speed. Assuming he stays healthy he should be in the running for Heisman by season end. He has put up 150+ total yards in each of his first 2 games and those were both against users. Of course he is not a WR so that drops his odds of winning to 0%, especially with Hokie and DJ :).

16. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Texas Tech - 10
    UCLA - 28

UCLA gets in the win column, taking down the Red Raiders at the Rose Bowl. Pretty sloppy conditions with the rain (it never rains here so I dont know why they think it should rain in September in SoCal). Neither team could manage over 300 yards of offense. Turnovers played a big part, leading to scores from both teams. The big blow was the opening Kick Off fumble by Tech, which was scooped up and returned for a TD. Next up for the Bruins, the Sooners make another trip to SoCal.