2015 Week 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

2015 Week 3

We are now into week 3. Three more user games this week.

Games of the Week:

#7 USC (HovatheGodMC) @ #24 Nebraska (Pipehitter351)

#11 Oklahoma (Ceewo) @ UCLA (Recchem2000)

Texas Tech (CWHarris1) @ #15 Michigan (Big Suge Knight)

Next advance is no later than monday at 8 PM est.

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Miami 38
    Clemson 0

Miami's defense is starting to play very well. After a terrible game against Michigan (400 yards total offense allowed) the defense has stepped up. They held Nebraska to under 200 yards total offense and Clemson couldn't even reach the century mark, gaining 84 yards. Clemson's offense had just 5 first downs and completed 2 of 13 3rd down conversions. The catalyst for the defense's revival is two-fold, change in scheme and freshman LB Patterson. The 4-3 defense has proved much better at stopping run and the pass defense remains solid for Miami. As for Patterson, he is always around the ball and makes plays behind the line of scrimmage. In the Clemson game he finished with 6 tackles, including 2 for a loss.

On the offensive side this was not the best game for Miami. Austin put up 240 yards passing but he wasn't very efficient in this game. The run game also grinded out some tough yards led by star halfback Ellis. He carried it 19 times for 76 yards and a short TD. Ellis also helped out in passing game, catching 5 balls for 69 yards. Motley came in late in the game to kill the clock and he racked up 54 yards on 11 carries.

Next up is a matchup with Florida State. This will be Miami's fourth straight ranked opponent and Miami will play this game at Doak Campbell Stadium.

Offensive Player of the Game: Austin

Defensive Player of the Game: Patterson

Play of the Game: Harrell grabs a 4th quarter interception and makes some nifty moves for the TD
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/20715377

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Oklahoma - 24
    UCLA - 28

The Bruins knock off their second consecutive Big XII ranked oppenent, taking down the Sooners at home in the Rose Bowl. The key play in this one was a 4th quarter pick inside the Bruin 10 yard line as the Sooners were driving to take the lead. UCLA ran most of the clock out and then hung for dear life (which werent able to do against FSU). The Bruins improve to 2-1 and go for their 4th straigh user game (thanks Hova) as they travel to Eugene to face the Ducks in teh Pac 10 opener

4. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

#19 FSU 35
    Boston College 28

The game started off with the FSU defense not being able to get the BC offense on the field. Multiple secondary breakdowns led to BC gaining over 200 yards in the first half. FSU's offense was rolling. BC's defensive coordinator looked over the tapes from the FSU / UCLA game two weeks ago and decided to try to put extra men in the box to stop the run. Soph QB Kenny Pitts was able to throw over top of man coverage for a couple big plays, taking the top off the defense. Once BC's DBs were at normal depth, Sr HB Kevin Vaughn went to work behind the improved offensive line. FSU led at the half 21-14.

FSU received the ball to start the second half and promptly went down and scored. The FSU defense would play strong in the 3rd quarter, holding BC to their own side of the field on the first 2 possessions and forcing punts. FSU added another TD early in the 4th quarter to take a 35-14 lead. Then, things got crazy. The Eagles went 75 yards in 5 plays on the ensuing possession and then recovered an onside kick. On the second play after the recovery, BC had a 60 yard TD throw and catch BC's 60 yard TD to cut the lead to 7. With 2 1/2 minutes left, BC elected to kick the ball deep. They would not see the ball again, as FSU methodically moved the ball down the field.

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

I just got F-ING SCREWED...Me and Boise were in TRIPLE OT...THEY FUMBLE AND LOSE THE BALL giving me the chance to score and they get the ball back, idk how they got it back but they did

I want something done about this...if you wont let me replay at least throw it out and sim it..idc about losing but I will not lose like that BS. Oh and I did not save the replay because it doesn't really prove much, but the fumble is on the stat sheet. And I did not have any turnovers in OT, had numerous in regulation but none in OT. They really need to have play by play instead of scoring summary.

OT Went like this:

First OT:

Boise scores
    Bucks score

Second OT:

Bucks score
    Boise scores

Third OT:

Boise turns it over on a fumble
    Boise gets the ball back through a glitch and scores, winning the game

Does anyone else have a take on this? Should I at least get the sim?

6. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

I was in the party when it happened sounds of rejoice then disbelief lmao

7. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Va Tech-49
    GT-7

Even with Smith having his first bad game, halloway being put out for 7 weeks, both leading recievers being put out for the game Va Tech crushes GT. Their dinged up heading into nxts week big game versus Penn State losing Halloway but the defense will keep them in it and come away with the W. Yeah i said WILL!!!

8. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Give him the sim or replay....doesn't matter Ohio State will get there first loss in 2 weeks regardless.

9. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Sounds like you are still bitter knowing you were 1 point away from your shot at a National title last season.

10. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

SoCal was not friendly to the Sooners the past two weeks. We lost our second close game in a row. And another late INT at the goal line doomed us. Reechem had a running game I could not stop and I couldnt get a running game going. Good Game!

11. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Eh everyone gets lucky once in a while. You just so happen to get the benifit of the ncaa god last year

12. Hova

OSU already lost week 1.

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

So do I get the sim or what

14. Hova

Under normal circumstances you would never get the sim because we are all capable of being screwed by the CPU and have been before. Only because it is the last season and your season got screwed last year by a sim I will sim it.

15. Hova

90-84??

What the hell is wrong with your defenses? That shit deserves to be erased from history hahaha

Side note, Harris you can play CPU big suge has been set to Auto since his xbox went down

16. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

That is a high scoring game... in college basketball. Hell the Celtics couldn't score 84 in NBA Finals 1st game.

17. Masler

Masler Moderator

I know, we both kept scoring within like 30 seconds of each other

18. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

Oregon will get its game in late tonight

19. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

It's hell being a crappy team. I kept up pretty good through three quarters, but in the fourth quarter everything went wrong. The Red Raiders take a 17-14 lead early in the fourth, and lose 35 - 23.

20. Hova

USC 31
    Nebraska 7

USC dominated on defense with 4 INTs, 2 by standout CB Harris who took one to the house. On offense they had a great running day not having to throw the ball much at all aside from 2 passing TDs from QB Merriman who also had a few good runs. A great game played on defense and offense by the trojans. GG Noles

21. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

you know i run ND's playbook because it limits my passing attempts, as i am prone to gamble and give up int's. you'd think i'd learn, but no, not so much lol

22. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

Oregon takes care of things vs. Washington State in a game that was never in doubt. The Ducks started off by scoring the game's first 14 points to set the tone early. Jenkins had his best day as a duck tossing 3 TD's and hitting a high % of his targets.

The two-headed RB duo of Jack and Townes ran for 45 and 60+ yards respectively with Townes adding two touchdowns and Jack scoring another.

The Green and Gold defense produced two turnovers while keeping the offense in check most of the day.