2015 Week 4 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by ClayRocks, May 27, 2011.

1. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Clemson entered the week with a losing record in the ACC and could not afford another loss in the conference. In the first half of this weeks game, they did not play however, like a team that needed a conference win. The Tigers were trailing at half-time, 28 - 24 and heads where rolling in their locker room.

Steele's D came out in the second half looking for blood as the held the Eagle's offense to only 14 second half points. This allowed the offense to build a tremendous lead and come out on top 70 - 38.

There were several highlights on offense but they were tainted by some very ugly plays at time. Clemson's QB Brett Tate threw for over 500 yards and 5 touchdowns but also had 4 picks. Mike Davis had a solid game with 20 carries for 115 yards and 3 scores. The Tigers WR corps were led by Josh Norman who had 4 cathes gaining 217 yards and scoring twice and Heisman hopeful Sammy Watkins had 8 catches for 112 yards and 2 scores as well.

The day on D was led by Junior DT Russell Payne with 7 tackles, 3 TFL, 2 Sacks, 1 fumble recovery, & 1 TD from the fuble recovery.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

[​IMG]37
    [​IMG]7

Gamecocks end skid!

South Carolina finally put an end to its losing ways by whipping a team they had no business losing to.

To the joy of about 25,000 Carolina fans, who actually made the trip to Central Michigan, the Gamecocks did everything the right way and came away with a victory. For the first time this season the Carolina defense held an opposing running back to under 100 yards, which was definitely the catalyst behind the win. "When you let opponents get their running game going early you're going to be in for a long day. Today we finally broke through and made some tackles when we needed to and got the job done. Don't get me wrong, we still had some head scratching plays but at the end of they day we took care of business and got the win." Coach Brantley was cautiously optimistic following the game when he stated "We are five wins away from becoming bowl eligible which is what our goal is every year. Too bad we can't just play Central Michigan every week!"

The Gamecock offense put up impressive numbers with Desi Woods and Jake Samuel combining for nearly 400 yards and two passing touchdowns. The star of the game was running back Erik Baker who rushed for 90 yards and three touchdowns.

Player of the Game: Erik Little 24 rushing attempts, 89 yards & 3 TDs
    Notable Mention: Chris Smith 8 rec, 102 yards & 1 TD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

UP NEXT: [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]South Carolina will travel to The Plains next week in a matchup with SEC West foe Auburn Tigers. The Tigers are 0-1 in conference play with a lopsided loss to Mississippi St in the opening game.

3. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

Congrats on your first win.

4. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Wow you're up early for a Saturday! yep it was a good win against an inferior opponent. Hoping we can keep the magic going against Auburn next week. What drives me crazy on offense is my RB and WRs will get into open space and are just too slow to make a break for endzone b/c they are too slow. Recruiting some speed at the position and hopefully it helps next season!

Speaking of which, another thought about the new 12 game is recruiting promises. Would be nice to have option to promise a kid first carry, throw or catch of the season.

5. BigKing

fyi Charleston it's Friday and some people are at work.

6. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Lol...that was awesome! Damn I wish I could check out like that and just completely forget what day it was. That is chillin'!

7. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Wow good moment for sure! My base got an AMC down day along with Monday off for four day Memorial Day weekend. So I woke up with that feeling b/c i was up all night anyway hitting sticks on NCAA and Black Ops! Good post BigKing

8. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Where's the offense replays for South Carolina?

9. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

There really weren't any to put up. The defense made all the exotic plays with the safety and fumble recovery so that is what I stuck with. And honestly there isn't a lot of speed on my offense so I don't expect any fireworks plays this year.

10. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

charlestonusc check your inbox.

11. pnc

pnc Walk On

florida 33, kentucky 3

Ugly start for the Wildcats as the Gators jumped out to an early 14-0 lead. the wildcats fnally settled down a little and kicked a field goal. it was 14-3 florida with 5 minutes left before half when the Wildcats pinned the Gators at there 1 on a great punt. The Wildcats were looking for a 3 and out and good field position to get even closer. 16 plays 99 yards and 4:40 later the gators had scored a TD to make it 20-3 at the half. The Wildcats had a couple decent drives in the 2nd half, but the Gators defense was to strong for the Wildcats. Final score was 33-3. The Wildcats moved the ball pretty good most of the day between the 20s but could never score a TD. 5 picks and 2 failed 4th down conversions inside the 10 frustated the wildcats.

Stats

M. Clark 11 of 26 186 yards and 4 picks
    Freshman 4 star J. Johnson 5 0f 12 87 yards and 1 pick

S. Brown 10 carries 35 yards

G. Brooks 4 catches 74 yards
    S. Kenneedy 3 Catches 53 yards
    C. Turner 2 catches 67 yards

12. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

A little depressing to do a full game summary:
    Navy 52-Cinci 14
    2 defensive TD's for Navy and WR Matt Stone has a kick return and punt return TD and also had 100 receiving yards. HB Norman rand for 99 yards and a TD nd the backup ran for 125 yards and a TD. Navy's now 4-0

13. jtthirtyfour

jtthirtyfour Walk On

QB Controversy in Westwood?

UCLA 40
    Oregon 31

QB Mark Downs had the worst game of his life against Oregon last year, tossing three picks and losing a fumble on the first four drives of the game. Coach jtthirtyfour put him on the bench in favor of fellow freshman Bryan Bower, and Downs watched from the sidelines as Bower led a respectable comeback effort against the Ducks in a loss and finished the season as the Bruins' starter.

This time, Downs began the game as the backup but ended as the star as he had the best performance of his short career, coming off the bench to complete 14 of 16 passes for 273 yards and 2 scores in an upset of #3 Oregon at Autzen stadium. Bower went down in the 2nd quarter with a separated shoulder after throwing a pick-six that allowed Oregon to take an early 14-7 lead. Under Downs, the Bruins scored twice to end the 2nd quarter and take the lead, which they would not give up for the rest of the game.

Daniel Jones broke the game open with an 84-yard run to put the Bruins up by 14 with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter on a perfectly executed option pitch by Downs. Following another Ducks score, a Bruin punt pinned the Ducks back at their own 4-yard line, when the UCLA defense swarmed in on Oregon's Michael Dowdell after he caught a screen pass in the endzone for the safety and the game's final points.

UCLA takes on winless Oregon State next week at the Rose Bowl, but the biggest story for next weekend is which QB Bruins fans will see under center against the Beavers.

14. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Miami 45
    Florida State 0

Stats

Junior QB Marshall Moore threw 14-20 for 250 yards and 2 TD's.
    Sophomore HB Paul Howell had 22 carries for 104 yards and 1 TD.
    Senior TE Jimmy Brown had 5 catches for 92 yards and a TD.
    All-American WR O.J. Jones had 4 snags and 65 yards with a TD.
    Junior DE Curtis Washington had 2 sacks.
    Senior SS All-American Anthony Jones had a pick.
    Freshman CB Travis Jones had a pick for a TD.

The U out rushed the Noles 122-39.
    The U total yards was 372 and the Noles was 114.
    The U only had 1 turnover when the Noles had 3.
    Time of possession was led by The U 20:55-11:05.

Go Hurricanes!!

15. BigKing

Who let this new guy join?? His games seem too easy.

16. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

THink it is a little easier when you have talent on the team. Not sure if he is stocked or not but I can see it from both sides.

17. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

just skill baby.

lol my team isnt stacked by any means but i do have good current players at their position.