2015 Week 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

2015 Week 4

We are now into week 4. 3 user games this week so get them scheduled. Aside from that only I have a CPU game so we should be able to get this one in quick.

Games of the Week:

#5 Miami (BraveJaf) @ #15 Florida St (abolishthefed)

#23 UCLA (Recchem2000) @ #9 Oregon (Tmac6412)

#3 VA TECH (DJ391) @ #1 Penn St (Hokie Effect)

Next advance will be no later than thursday at 5 PM EST

2. Hova

We need to keep it movin. If we take all 3 days every advance we are on pace to finish around july 23rd, so hopefully we can grab some early advances. I know it is hard with all the user games but just tryna finish it out. It is ok if some guys miss some games and we have to give sims

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

I would have a sim if a certain SOMEONE remembered to THROW MY GAME OUT....HUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

4. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Bravejaf - I should be on Tues and Wed night after about 8 PM EST.

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UCLA - 32
    Oregon - 25

Hell of a game in Eugene. Came down to the wire. Oregon scored with about a minute left in the game to make the score 24-23. The Ducks elect to go for the 2 point conversion and ram the ball in to take a one point lead (hell of a gutsy call tmac!)

UCLA had one timeout to work with. After a few short passes, starting QB Robert Cannon was knocked out of the game, forcing the Bruins to take their final time out. The backup, Zach Manning, came and hit a long pass down the sideline, stopping the clock with 14 seconds left. Sitting at the Oregon 26 yard line, the Bruins elected to take one more shot at the TD. Manning hit Brown in the corner of the endzone with 6 seconds remaining! Bruins win a wild one to open up the Pac-10 season. This one kind of makes up for my heartbreaker against FSU...great game tmac. Good luck the rest of the season...beat SC!!!!

6. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

UCLA - 32
    Oregon - 25

Oregon suffered a heartbreaking loss at the hands of UCLA that came down to a TD throw by the Bruins' backup QB with just seconds left on the clock to cap off a wild game. UCLA would have its way with the Ducks' defense for most of the afternoon as the only bright spot of the day for the Oregon D was an interception.

However, the Oregon offense kept hopes alive as the Ducks were able to answer almost all of UCLA's scores thanks to gutsy efforts by QB Mark Jenkins, who ran for 40+ yards and had a nice throwing day too, and senior RB Townes who had several scores.

The Ducks would score with just over a minute left in the game to make the score score 24-23. Since the Oregon defense had no answer for the UCLA offense overtime was not an option that the Ducks cared to explore. With that in mind, Oregon gave the ball to its senior RB and left him go up the middle to score to go up 25-24.

UCLA was then able to regroup in move down the field. After moving the ball into field goal range, the Bruins, who were down to their backup QB at this point, fired a pass to the right side of the endzone where a Bruin WR was waiting to grab the game winning score.

After the game, the coach tmac6412 could be heard mumbling, "Nice work idiot, that's two big games you've lost in the final seconds thanks to dropping into the freaking cover 3."

(Great game recchem2000, take care of things the rest of the season.)

7. Hova

USC 42
    Standford 7

USC dominates on defense only allowing one score the whole day. The defense came up with 4 INTs, one going for 6 by standout CB Harris. They also had a fumble recovery bringing the turnover total to 5. QB Merriman had a perfect day passing going 8 for 8 and HB Drew went over 100 yds rushing. Next Week the Trojans head back to the Lady' to take on Arizona St.

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

tmac, cover 3 bit me in the arse too against FSU so I know the feeling. I was thinking of going for the FG right away ( i think I was on your 26 yard line) but with 14 seconds left I felt like I could take one chance at the endzone before bringing on the kicker. Plus, I have been known to miss some FG's here and there. Again, great game!

9. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Va Tech- 34

Penn State- 31

The pass game wasnt really that much of a factor in this one for the Hokies but the defense and a steady run game helped them to the W in this one. What really turned this game around and put it away for good was a pick 6 before half that put the hokies up 21, from there it was the hokies game to lose. Psu never gave up though scoring on a lucky pass play with about 30 seconds left to pull within 3 but they failed to recover the onside kick and lost.

GG hokie, better LUCK next time

10. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

#5 Miami 21
    #15 FSU 28

The fans in Tallahassee willed the Noles to a victory over a game Miami squad. The game was close throughout, but Miami lost the turnover battle 3-1. Besides the turnovers, the stats were pretty even, with Miami outgaining FSU 336 to 320 for the game. Barring another matchup in the ACC championship game, bravejaf wins 2 of 3 in the rivalry game over the past 3 seasons.

I will post a couple highlights tomorrow. I forgot to download them to easportsworld before I logged off.

11. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah redzone turnovers 3 (2 INT and a failed 4th down attempt) were the difference in this game. I really should have played for FG at end of half, rather than forcing a ball into the endzone. This is the second time I screwed up clock management to end the half, and this time the mistake may have cost me the game.

12. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Real classy. I told you good game and took my loss. No need to call my game play lucky and try to imply that last seasons win was "lucky". The one thing I like about TF is the fact that you can play mature adults in sim like games with a sense of sportsmanship. Oh well, until next season.

13. Hova

Let's show COMPLETE sportsmanship after games. Now is not the time to set an example of why I SHOULDN'T bring you into next years league.

14. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Dude i was joking and you yourself said last year was pretty lucky so why get mad?

15. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Combination of 1st game, the slight comments, and frustration of the game. I don't know you so I don't know if you are joking. Next time type j/k at the end.

Closed topic. Moving on. If anything else needs to be said send PM.