2015 Week 5 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by ClayRocks, May 30, 2011.

1. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Wake 18
    Clemson 59

It wasn't much of game today when the Demon Deacons travelled to Clemson to take on the Tigers. It was evident early on who was the better team as Clemson scored three times in the first quarter taking the early lead 17 - 0. Wake would find their stride in the second period, outscoring the Tigers 15 - 14, but still trailing at halftime, 31 - 15. It was all Orange in the 2nd half. Clemson outscored their opponents 28 - 3 in the final two quarters, giving us a final tally of Clemson 59, Wake 18.

Your stat leaders on the day were:

QB Brett Tate 19/30 243 yds, 3 TD, 0 INT
    HB Mike Davis 33 - 153 yds, 4.6 avg, 4 TD
    WR Charone Peake 4 - 86 yds, 1 TD
    RE Brian Franklin - 5 tackles, 4 TFL

2. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    AP​

Auburn, A.L.- A game that went unnoticed by the national media but set off a firestorm in its respective fan bases, this game certainly lived up to the billing. With both teams combining for over 1,000+ yards on offense and 85 points on the scoreboard, the fans got their moneys worth and went home exhausted, physically and mentally, after a sea saw game that saw multiple lead changes.​

Reached for comment after the game, Coach Jackson Brantley had this to say, "I think we all need a good week to recharge our batteries after this game. In my career as a head coach I have never been apart of a game with so many emotional up and downs."​

Auburn's head coach also had a few words during his post game conference, "As a fan of the game, not just of these two schools, you probably left last night saying to yourself 'It is horrible someone had to lose' because this game was just uncontrollable at times. But there is always a loser and there is nothing we can do about that."​

Interested in who won and what set the tone for this game? Find out by watching the video!​

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

What?? What video I want to know?

4. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

it is coming in five minutes!!!

5. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

Seems like you've figured out these sliders for your passing game, next up Defense.

6. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Man it was hard passing for sure. When wide receivers didn't drop passes I had three and four man rushes bearing down on me because my offensive line is horrible lol! Luckily I've recruited a lot of linemen for this upcoming class and I'm sure there will be some young guys starting or at least competing next season. If I can't beat Auburn at their place though, it gives me hope that I have a shot at a few other teams as well.

7. jtthirtyfour

jtthirtyfour Walk On

UCLA 38
    Oregon State 34

[​IMG]

Last week, UCLA outplayed the top team in the Pac-10. For 2 quarters this week, they played like the worst. The Bruins fell behind 24-0 at halftime due to a sloppy first half and poor QB play by both sophomore QBs. After a sluggish 3-0 first quarter, the Bruins gave up 21 points to the Beavers in the 2nd quarter as they were unable to move the ball at all.

Oregon State RB Curtis Cook had a monster day on the ground, rushing 25 times for 159 yards and a score on the UCLA defense that had played so well in Eugene last week. The UCLA run game failed to gain traction as well, and did not even crack 100 yards on the day.

After a promising UCLA drive only produced a fumble on the goalline midway through the 3rd quarter, the game looked like it would be a blowout for Oregon State and fans began to head for the exits. However, the Bruins took control of the game as the 3rd quarter wound down and came roaring back to score 24 unanswered points and tie the game early in the 4th quarter. The defense stepped up and intercepted two Beaver passes on consecutive drives, and a crushing hit by UCLA safety Josh Evans on the next drive resulted in a fumble that led to the tying touchdown.

An Oregon State FG gave the Beavers the lead at 27-24 with about 3 minutes left to play, but as the Oregon State fight song played on, Jeremy McGee answered and returned the kickoff 99 yards for a score and gave UCLA it's first lead of the day. Not to be outdone, the Beavers marched downfield for a score of their own to pull ahead 34-31 with a minute to play.

QB Mark Downs, the star of last week's victory against Oregon, led the Bruins on an efficient drive downfield, and calmly tossed the winning score to TE Marco Gould from 12 yards out and watched as Gould rumbled into the endzone, barreling over a defender at the goalline with 17 seconds left.

Up Next: UCLA travels to Arizona State

8. pnc

pnc Walk On

Kentucky 28, Bowling Green 3

today at Bowling Green The Wildcats defense showed up ready to make sure this never was in doubt. After a early pick from Kentuckys Clark, the Falcons drove deep into Wildcat territorty before the defense rose up for a near pick and a third down sack to force a field goal. The Wildcats, down 3-0 , got the ball starting at there 24 and drove straight down the field in 7 plays covering 76 yards and finished with a 10 yard td pass to Fr. Kennedy giving the wildcats a 7-3 lead they would never relinquish. A stubborn Falcon defense kept the Wildcats out of the end zone all 2nd qtr until an interception sparked a late td drive. With 32 seconds left before half HB Brown swept wide for a 1 yard td run making the score 14-3 at halftime. The falcons got the ball mid third on Clarks 2nd pick and had there best drive of the game getting to the Wildcats 20 yard line. On third down the falcons attempted a swing pass behind the line of scrimmage and the hb dropped the ball. Freshman Safety Anderson picked up the ball and raced 76 yards for a td to put the game away at 21-3. The Wildcats finished the scoring late third by picking off there second pass of the game and returning it to the 46. On the next play Brown took a pitch and ran untouched down the left sideline for a 54 yard td. With a minute left in the third it was 28-3.

STATS

QB Clark 11/24 195 1/2

HB Brown 20/131 2 td
    HB Jackson 8/25

WR Kennedy 3/66 1 td
    WR Turner 3/60

DE J. Shaw 8 tackles 1 int 1 sack
    DE J. Smith 2 tackles 2 sacks
    S K. Nelson 5 tackles 1 int

9. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Good wins guys. Great video Charleston. I bet if feels nice to win a big one against Auburn on the plains!!

10. pnc

pnc Walk On

it feels good for me to just get a win. Bowling green was in the game late third until the fumble. Take it easy on me next game Charleston. I havent looked at your roster, but you've got to have a better team than me.

11. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Navy Wins But is Injured
    Navy 49
    Air Force 7

Navy dominated another game this week against their rival Air Force, but will now need to answer a lot of questions on the offensive side of the ball. At 5-0, Navy lost their starting HB Corey Norman for 7 weeks, and their backup HB Shelton Spencer for 2. That leaves the team that was thin at running back before to choose between RS freshmen Patrick Holmes and sophomore David Jones. Another option that may be explored is using star WR Matt Stone as a running back in the absence of Norman. Stone is a 6’2”, 209 receiver who is setting records as a Navy pass-catcher. He caught 5 passes for 102 yards and a TD and ran twice for 7 yards. Navy loves to have the ball in his hands. The 4th best “HB” on the roster is a backup QB but his carrying rating is 29, so he wouldn’t get the ball in a close game. He may be seen in mop-up time. Navy’s defense was great holding Air Force to just 205 yards, 7 1st downs, and forcing 3 turnovers.

Navy Stats
    Eric McBride (QB)- 8-20 for 225 yards, 4 TD, INT
    David Jones (HB)- 14 carries for 85 yards
    Shelton Spencer (HB)- 13 carries for 141 yards, TD-injured
    Patrick Holmes (HB)- 5 carries for 30 yards, TD
    Matt Stone (WR)- 5 receptions for 102 yards, TD
    Ken Brown (WR)- 2 receptions for 115 yards, 2 TD
    Pierre Bell (FS)- 5 tackles, 1 sack, 1 INT, 2 FF
    Lionel Fritz (WR)- fumble recovery for TD on kickoff
    Jelani Williams (OLB)- 9 tackles, 3 TFL

12. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

I scouted your roster at the beginning of the season and we are pretty much equal on talent but i would give you the edge. My offensive line is the worst in the league which is why i'm targeting so many prospects. hopefully we get this week advanced asap and then you and i can possibly get our game in tomorrow i hope! thanks for the props clay.

13. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

miami.jpg

MIAMI 77

FCS 14

The "U" put a whipping on FCS last Saturday night at home.

FCS MIAMI

17 SCORE 77
    314 TOTAL OFFENSE 474
    37/88/1 RUSH/YDS/TD 20/258/4
    14/26/1 COM/ATT/TD 7/11/3
    226 PASS YARDS 216
    2 TURNOVERS 1
    17:36 T.O.P. 14:24

QB MARSHALL MOORE 5-7 138YDS 2TD PASSES.
    HB PAUL HOWELL 11 ATTEMPTS 139YDS 2 TD.
    O.J. JONES 3 RECEPTIONS 112YDS 1 TD.

KR GRIFFIN HAD 2 KICK RETURNS FOR TDS AND I PUNT RETURN FOR TD.
    PICK SIX FROM HARRIS.

SACKS BY RUCKER, BROWN, AND WASHINGTON.

GO CANES!

14. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

Cocky, just an fyi, I believe there is a 70 point cap in scoring at TSO. In looking at your game it certainly didn't appear you were trying to run up the score, in the second half I see returns, defensive scores, etc.... but just wanted to point that out before someone outside the league did.

15. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

thank you i appreciate it. i wasnt aware of the 70 point cap. i thought we just had to watch out for how bad we beat the opponent. but thanks again. but yeah i had my second string defense and offense in after halftime. and i got a lot of points off of defensive touchdowns. its kinda hard to not run back a pick six or a fumble when you have the oppurtunity. but thanks for the tip. i wasnt aware of that. when i get to pick my own schedule ill definately not have a fcs team on there.

16. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Traditionally when a user jumps into a league n have an fcs team on their schedule it just gets simmed so people don't have to worry about seeing scores like that