2015 Week 8 Game Summary

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by White Walkers, Jun 6, 2011.

1. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

miami 1.jpg

Hurricane Illustrated
    The "U"

Miami came into the game against GA Tech Saturday night expecting to blow them away. What they got was a hard fought to the last minute battle against the Yellow Jackets.​

GA Tech Miami
    14 score 17​
    17 first downs 13​
    333 total offense 279​
    189 pass yards 105​
    3 turnovers 2​
    4 punts 5​
    16:51 t.o.p. 15:09​

QB Marshal Moore went 8 for 17 for 1td and his first pick of the year.​
    HB Paul Howell had 30 carries for 154 yards.​

2. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

damn you squeezed that one out buddy. That is the closest game you've had this season so far. Can't wait for the ND matchup.

3. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

They were tough. It was finally a fun game for me.

4. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Damn nerds almost beat the thugs! Them nerds are sneaky!

5. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

They probably ran some fruity ass plays like "computer blue" or something...

6. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

they were making some weird plays but they ran the ball so well on me. i think a couple of times they did some x-men crap on me and absorbed through my little digital men.

7. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

GG @gwill..

Damn..I had 9 freakin' turnovers..4 fumbles and atleast three turned into immediate points. The Buckeye's are stacked on D guys. Man what a tough loss. I'm too bummed and worn out to write a full summary, plus gwill will have more fun writing it.

Good Game.

8. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Navy 41
    Marshall 13

This game was close in the 1st half and even tied 0-0 at the end of the 1st. Navy WR and Heisman candidate Matt Stone played well catching 5 passes for over 100 yards and would have scored on a kickoff if it weren't for a pointless clipping call behind him at the 50. He also rushed for 21 yards. Navy's defense played well and only allowed two scores (both of over 60 yards). They also intercepted two passed and the special teams scored on a fumble recovery. The surprising Navy team is now 8-0 and will get a rest before its huge matchup against Notre Lame who is also undefeated and a National Title contender.

9. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Columbia, SC​

The University of South Carolina Gamecocks welcomed SEC doormat Vanderbilt into Colatown this past Saturday. The nerds from Nashville left unhappy and demotivated. If not for a fluke touchdown at the end of the first half the Commodores would've been shut out for the first time this season. Carolina's defense put on a hitting clinic this weekend causing turnovers and bone crushing injuries.​

The defense would hold Vanderbilt in check all afternoon with creative blitz packages and fumble inducing hits. Vandy managed to put up some nice yardage in the passing and rushing categories but that did not translate well in the red zone where Carolina's defense completely locked down.​

Gamecocks quarterback Jake Samuel got major playing time as staring quarterback Desi Woods went down on the first drive of the game. Samuel completed 26-51 passes for 362 yards and 5 TDs. He did take a few sacks randomly throughout the game but made up for it with some deadly accurate throws when it mattered.​

South Carolina will move forward on its quest for bowl eligibility when it plays Tennessee in Week 9 of the 2015 season.​

WR C. Smith hurdles a defender in the open field

[​IMG]

10. pnc

pnc Walk On

having connection problems. should be able to play my game tomorrow morning.

11. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

**Game of the Week**

#2 Ohio State Offense 34
    #2 Ohio State Defense 21
    #9 Clemson Tigers 28

As OSU's coach this game is really confusing. Defensively, we don't know whether to be happy or mad. On one hand we forced 9 turnovers (5 INT, 4 FUM) which led to most of our points, including 21 on two pick-sixes and a scoop and score. But on the other hand we gave up 578 yards passing and with ease as the Clemson QB set a school record on defense. Offensively we don't much have much to go on because we really weren't on the field that much, although HB Greg Hand had 17 carries for 87 yards and 3 TD's. This game was so Clemson dominated that in the 3rd and 4th quarters OSU had only two possessions each. Defensively in the second half the Buckeye D was so gassed that players were playing out position and even some offensive players played D.

Without a doubt, that was the weirdest game I have ever won.
    Good Game clay.

12. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

I play him at the end of the year. PLEASE do a user scouting report :0 !

13. pnc

pnc Walk On

the 2-3 Wildcats went to the 1-5 ole miss rebels today looking to get back on track and even there recored at 3-3.

The Wildcats started out hot in the first qtr. stopping the Rebels on 4th and 1 from inside the 40 then drove down the field kicking a 40 yard field goal with 1;47 left going up 3-0. It was all Mississippi after that dominating forcing 3 punts while driving for back to back tds. it was 14-3 Mississippi mid 2nd and they were driving near midfield when the Wildcat defense struck again. Senior Safety Nelson stepped in front of a short pass to the rb and returned it 49 yards for a td. The Wildcats gained momentum and scored another td with 1:07 left before half on a 3 yard td run By Brown. Half. Wildcats 17-14. The third qtr. was dominated by the Rebels as the Wildcats only had 1 first down. The rebels also dominated time and scored 10 points on two long drives. End of third Rebels 24-17. The 4th qtr was the complete opposite as the Wildcats dominated play. kicking a 32 yard field goal,completing a 19 yard td pass from Clark to Kennedy, and after an interception making a 34 yard field goal giving them a 30-24 lead with 59 seconds left. The Wildcats coach PNC was feeling pretty confident knowing the Rebels had to go 77 yards in 54 seconds with no timeouts. 26 seconds and 4 passes later the rebels had regained the lead 31-30 on a 34 yard td pass to Jacobs. The Wildcats never even got to midfield before the clock ran out. Very frustating defeat for the 2-4 Wildcats and putting there bowl game in serious jeopardy for the year.

14. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

@pnc

That is a rough game man. What is discouraging is that what recruiting we are doing really isn't going to fully pay off b/c we will be jumping to ncaa 12 soon. Hopefully we can get one more season out of ncaa11 before we move onto 12.

15. pnc

pnc Walk On

yeah my recuriting was strong last year, but this year it stinks. weve got at least 5 weeks before we start 12, so we should get another year in.