2016 End of Season Financials

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by PAgamer07, Nov 21, 2012.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Nov 11, 2009
    Ok guys. A couple of teams were pretty reckless in their spending this year and are now in the red. Please let me know what you plan to do to "correct" your mess. If you do not have a legitimate answer, I reserve the right to "fix" your team myself.

Chicago White Sox- soxandgators
    Detroit Tigers- Sharkman37
    Kansas City Royals- congotim
    San Diego Padres- NeuroticTruth
  2. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Nov 30, 2011
    Featured Threads:
    I should be fine for next year. I'm not resigning Blanks and I have one more offer out right now to a reliever. Outside of that I dont plan on going after anyone in free agency. Thats partly why I made the trades I did to acquire younger talent, so I didnt have to spend anything in free agency.

I missed arbitration last year which is why I had the problems I had financially this season. Peralta got offered a 9 mil contract in arbitration and he sat in AAA until I finally just released him.

My "projected budget room" for next season is ~$9 mil currently, so like I said, I should be fine.
  3. congotim

congotim Walk On

Oct 16, 2012
    I have almost $20M coming off the books in the offseason so I ought to be just fine. I am also considering letting Moustakas walk so thats another $4M as well
  4. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Jul 1, 2010
    Wait a second, something's wrong. Where's KnightNoles :p
    • Like Like x 4
  5. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Jul 16, 2010

I was a good 30 mill under my spending limit for salary. Cutting from 40 mill to 12 mill on development put me at a 25 mill projected final balance. So it wasnt a down right blatant attempt to not make money it is me trusting the games projections...I was way in the green till the final 30 games of the yr then my whole projection moved 12 mill in that short time. My fix is simple Danks is 15 mill and not resigning plus I will cut back to 8 mill development. That is 19 mill. Trust me I am a valued member and embarrassed I broke the back to back rule. Stupidity on my part of being a noob is no excuse anymore so whatever you decide I am game . I want to hang with you boys a few yrs
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  6. Sharkman37

Sharkman37 Walk On

Mar 20, 2012
    I am quite fine. I am not picking up Anibel Sanchez's 15 mil for next yr. Taking the buyout. I will also probably be cutting 3 mil or so in fluff 480K guys. Finally, the game had me in the green for money but potential didnt meet actuals.

All told, that will put me at least 19 mil to the good for next yr
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  7. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Mar 11, 2010
    Are we supposed to look at Season Profit/Loss or Budget Room?
  8. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Nov 11, 2009

At end of season it's P&L. Budget Room is misleading and should not be used in any calculations.

Well, technically I should be taking over your transactions to get it fixed as I did with Noles after 3 straight seasons in the red. Your answers sound fine, but it is very important your expenses next year are LESS than your revenue this year. By enough to bring you out of the red.

Make sure you are under your revenue made by this year as well as what you ended in the red. You need to end next year with a sizeable profit.

Sounds good. Keep an eye on it. Make sure you factor in what you are in the red as well.

Projected Budget room is incorrect. To figure out how much you should be spending, now is the perfect time. You want to compare total revenue made this year, I would also compare to last year to see if you are trending up or down. Compare this to your expenses (salary, development, draft, etc).