2016 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by ClayRocks, Jan 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

[​IMG][​IMG]

52 - 29
    The Orange Tigers overpower the yellow tigers!!
    Today in Baton Rouge, the LSU Tigers were whipped up and down the field by a Clemson team looking for revenge after two humiliating losses to LSU. Clemson QB R. McCauley only completed 6 passes out of 8 today, but they went for 224 yards and two scores. The rushing attack for Clemson was the big story of the day. The running backs in orange were prolific today, combinding for 302 yards and 5 touchdowns on 31 carries.
    Junior HB Tim Branch led the way for Clemson with 167 yards on 16 carries for 4 scores and HB S. Moss ran 7 times for 108 yards and 1 touchdown. Backup C. McKeon ran only 5 times for 33 yards.
    On defense for Clemson, the playmaker of the day was J. Mueller. Mueller racked up 6 tackles and 2 interceptions on the day. Overall, Clemson came away with 4 picks and held LSU to only 71 rushing yards.
    If it wasn't for LSU's offensive coordinator dialing up the hail-mary as often as he did, the score would have been in the single digits for the pitiful cajun tigers.

2. Magoo

Magoo Walk On

[​IMG]

The opening game of the 2016 Alabama Crimson Tide pitted the #4 ranked Tide against the #1 USC Trojans. There was a lot of people thinking that the Tide would hold tight with the Trojans until the 4th quarter and then slip back to a 42-24 score. Alabma scored first on a sweep by HB Romero putting the Tide up 7-0. The Tide would not lose the lead till very late in the 4th quarter when USC came up with a touchdown to take a 3 point lead. Only one mistake was made by Alabama was with 11 seconds left in the 2nd half and instead of playing conservative and just running the clock out. Coach gambled with a pass and the quarterback held onto the ball to long and was sacked for a safety. Both sides of the ball played well and look now to take on the Clemson Tigers who smacked around the LSU Tigers in week #1.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

In what was the greatest game ever played in Overdrive history, the Seminoles came away with a win over the #1 ranked USC Trojans. FSU had a 14 point lead in the fourth quarter and it appeared the game was all but over. With 3:35 left in the game backup Trojan QB cheesed his way for a 38 yard scamper to put USC back in the game. The Seminoles trying to run out the clock ran 4 qb sneaks from USC's one yard line only to not make it. Immediately the Trojans get a 89 yard TD pass to tie it up with 1:05 remaining. The Seminoles then go right up the field diving down prior to getting the TD to run clock. The Seminoles then run what they thought would be another unsuccessful QB sneak, however this time they score and go up 7 with 25 seconds left. The Trojans would now need to go 80 yards in 25 seconds with no timeouts. On the first play the Trojan QB is sacked. With only seconds to go USC rushes to the line and

After the cursing stops, USC goes for 2 unsuccessfully. FSU escapes with the win.

Florida State 42
    USC 41

4. C Young

C Young Walk On

All good - by the time he is ready to play Chad Jones will be leading a run heavy Trojan team designed to suit his strengths....I'm just satisfied it wasn't some beat down I'm sure you anticipated it would be - praying for a quick recovery to Barry Griffin, doc stitch em up.

5. Magoo

Magoo Walk On

[​IMG]

THE ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE TOOK ON THE CLEMSON TIGERS AT HOME TO SEE WHO WOULD TAKE A STEP FORWARD AND WHO WOULD LIKELY FALL OUT OF THE TOP 25. THE TIDE WOULD COME OUT GUNS FIRING AND SCORE THE FIRST TD AND NOT LOSE THE LEAD AGAIN FOR THE ENTIRE GAME. THE TIDE CAUSED 5 TURNOVERS RETURNING ONE FOR A TOUCHDOWN. TIDE'S OFFENSE STAYED CONSISTENT BUT THE DEFENSE KEPT THE PRESSURE ON THE TIGERS AND WOULD WALK AWAY WITH THE WIN AND STILL HAVE A TITLE SHOT BUT LOOK TO NEXT WEEK TO TAKE ON THE WISCONSIN BADGERS WHO ARE MOST LIKELY GOING TO BE THE NEW #1 AFTER USC LOOSES FSU.

6. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Good game Magoo !! In Clemson's defense, it was a much closer game than the final score indicated. Even though Clemson gave up 5 INT's, we still had several chances to win this game, but ultimately, we didn't get the job done. You defense is full of talented players, I will say thay.

7. Magoo

Magoo Walk On

That is what I build great defensive teams.

8. Chris Rouse

Chris Rouse Walk On

beautiful play...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Magoo

Magoo Walk On

[​IMG]

There was a lot at stake for both the #9 Alabama Crimson Tide and the #1 Wisconsin Badgers. For the Tide it was keeping the hope alive for a chance at the National Title, for the Wisconsin Badgers it was keeping the #1 ranking and staying undefeated with only one more out of conference game left against a ranked opponent. The game started out rough with the lights getting shut down for electrical short after a Bama opening drive score making it 7-0 with 2 minutes off the clock. The game got restarted and it would end up with another Bama score to make it 14-0, then the Badgers would get into the redzone but the Bama defense would make them settle for 3 points. The Bama defense really came up big this game and held the Badgers under 100 yards rushing which had not been done this season, forced 1 fumble that was returned for a touchdown, intercepted the ball 3 times and kept constant pressure on the quarterback. The Badgers did start to make a come back and got the game to with in 10-14 points at one time but the Tide went on to score a field goal and a touchdown to start pull away slowly. Then the dam broke for the Badgers and forced to throw the ball to catch up the Tide intercepted the ball on back to back drives to seal the game and knock off the #1 team in the country. The Badgers requested to play Bama again next season at home within the first 3 games. Now the Tide starts playing conference games but looking down the road to the title there is one more huge hurdle in the Florida State Seminoles who knocked off the #1 USC Trojans earlier in the season. The FSU vs Bama game may very well decide who makes the big dance for all the glory. ROLL DAM TIDE!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  10. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

"The temperature rose a few degrees in Tuscaloosa with the Badger coach streaming steam out of every orifice in his body and screaming we want a shot at the Tide at home next season within the first 3 games of the season."

First of all Magoo I did not scream or yell one time during our game and I honestly do not appreciate you making it out to be that I was a sore loser during the game. Thats BS that you would have to throw a low blow in their like that. Secondly you did not keep pressure on my QB all game bc you only had 1 sack..
    Whatever dude...good game though...Ill remember this.

11. Magoo

Magoo Walk On

I was throwing a little humor in on the summary. Nothing meant by it at all. No you were very cordial and dang bro just relax I was poking a little fun and humor in the summary. I did not expect you to explode like this after a great game by both teams. I will tell you what since you reacted like this I will take that sentence out of the summary.... I changed the summary and deleted the part that you reacted to.

And yes your Qb was under pressure many times that did not result in sacks but if you held onto the ball any longer it would have been a sack.

12. BigKing

I don't know about the game, but this is an actual picture of Cocky Marine typing this post.

[​IMG]

13. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Really Magoo? Ill make sure to humor everyone at your expense next game. Its all good. I dont mind good humor but to make up to everyone that I was yelling and screaming isnt just adding humor..its just lying. So yeah be more mindful next time.

And if you want to talk about someone freaking the hell out and getting pissed off that would be you at the beginning of the game. Here I am not being able to call the plays I want or audible to anything and my special teams werent even there in the playbook and the game disconnects within a minute and a half then you start bitching was rediculous...EVEN when I told you that you were up 7 and Ill kick the ball of to you. You were the one being immature about the football game not me. I took my loss like a champ. If the scenario was reversed youd be upset too with that comment.

14. C Young

C Young Walk On

Relax its a football game guys - tomorrow no one will probably care lol.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BigKing

[​IMG]

16. Magoo

Magoo Walk On

17. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Let's all just move on, next subject. Just about everyone is 1 - 1 right now, we are all still in it. Gonna be a fun year.

18. BigKing

Yes, but FSU is a strong 1 - 1, while Clemson is a crappy 1 -1.

19. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Im sorry Magoo. I shouldnt have taken it personal like i did. But here are some funny pictures! lol 1.png

2.png 2.png 2.png

20. BigKing

Once again I can feel the Overdrive love starting to flow...

21. Magoo

Magoo Walk On

LMAO , Once again with the Star Wars, jeesh I need to go back and watch those again to keep up with the times.

22. BigKing

Can't wait to hear about the Miami LSU defensive struggle.

23. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Chris didnt play eberdeeber he played aginst the cpu. That threw my prediction out the book.

24. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

25. BigKing

Down goes Florida State.......

The Seminoles came out at home and played their worst game in years. They were dominated in every phase of the game for three quarters. Their starting quarterback was pulled. Their starting running back missed over half the game with injury. But of course they were playing Clemson.

[​IMG]

Which turned into a 24 point fourth quarter comeback. This is the type of game that could set the Clemson program back 10 years. It is unsure if that will truly happen since they are already ten years behind the elite programs. In the end FSU, who came into the game as the #2 team in that nation, has it's sites set on Alabama, the other 99 ranked overall team. When interviewed after the game, coach BigKing was quoted as saying, "Fuck this ACC shit. I'm going on vacation in a week and that pompous commissioner will probably try to screw us but in the end. The ACC sucks and I feel we'll still be champions". This is now leading to speculation that the Seminoles may indeed be heading to the SEC next year, where they can beat Alabama's ass on a yearly basis. Florida State 45
    Clemson 38

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.