2016 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by schreck822, Feb 7, 2013.

1. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Let's all gather round and tell sweet stories about our games this season. I'll kick it off in the next post.

waynes-world_o_GIFSoup.com.gif

2. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Notre Dame Played Purdue
    Boilers Met Their Maker

Not much more to say. Purdue is just not that good. The new sliders definitely caused some problems though. They sacked me 7 times and were in the backfield all day, which really screwed my running game and led to a lot of negative and short runs. Had 3 runs over 8 yards all game, most were under 3. Part of it may be my line and RB's aren't as good as last year, but the cpu was definitely a lot tougher either way. I think this is on the whole a good thing, running got a little too easy last season I think. At the same time, the cpu was a lot harder to pressure than last season. Only had 2 sacks all game, so that makes D a bit more of challenge, too many guys were putting up insane sack numbers the past few seasons.

Despite that, Gunner Kiel came in and showed he possibly should have been our QB all along. The dude is nails. Ended up 15/19 for 310 yards and 4 TD's, all in the 1st half. Didn't have it in me to keep him in after that display. Coupled with my receivers, we may be more of a passing team than ever before. Too many weapons there not to go crazy passing. Backup Kevin Anderson came in and did very well also, 8/12 for 127 and 1 TD. Guy is big, fast and a very good passer. Hopefully I can keep working him into the offense, fun to user.

Over all it was a great way to kick off 2016, looking forward to building from this one and defending the title against a crazy schedule.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Aspect1

Aspect1 Walk On

wvu.jpg

WVU opens with shocking win versus #6 Wisconsin 16-3.

It was'nt preatty but the Mounties grinded a tuff defensive game out. WVU held the physical Badger Offense to just 172 yds total offense on the day which set the tone. Soph middle linebacker Chris Brown led the way with 7 tkls, 3 for loses. If the D flies to the ball like they did today WVU should find themselves in most games.

The offense had a subpar day, Snr QB Ford Childress had a solid day going 10-18 with 205 yds and a TD. The O-line had a hard time protecting however giving up 4 crucial sacks in the redzone. They opened tight holes for Snr. Torry Clayton who ran for 54 yds on 11 carries. The only TD of the game was a 86 yard strike from Childress to Martin Knox in the 3rd qtr. Other than that it was soph kicker Tony Blalock who did all of the scoring connecting 3 time from medium distances on the day.

Next up for WVU is a road trip with #8 ranked Stanford.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Automatik

Automatik Walk On

Spartans shock the Cowboys 34-24
    Michigan St Chris Harley threw for 374 yards and 4 TDs in the victory, and the Spartans scored 21 points in the 3rd quarter to pull off the upset vs #4 Oklahoma St.
    MacGarrett Kings caught 4 passes for 128 yards and a score while Tommy Castillo ran for 82 yards and caught two passes for 80 yards and a TD.
    After MSU got on the board with a 60 yard TD, the Cowboys took the field and ran all over the Spartans defense all the way to the 1 yard line. But that's when the game really fell apart for the Cowboys, after being stopped on 1st down, RB Wilson took the handoff and was stripped by MLB Smith and the Spartans would eventually recover the ball. With the score 10-7 Spartans, OK ST marched down the field once again with ease eventually settling on the 17 yard line for a relatively easy FG, but K Cole would push the FG wide left.
    The Cowboys would take their first lead of the game on a very nice executed screen pass early in the 3rd quarter. But on a 2nd down, QB Harley saw that no one was on his RB and dumped it off and 53 yards later it's 17-14. Both teams would exchange long TD drives to make the score 24-21 Spartans, and then came the play that would break the Cowboys' spirits, up 24-21 Qb Harley sent his TE down the seam and he got passed the LBs, Harley would hit him in stride for a 75 yard TD 31-21 MSU. The Cowboys were unable to put together any TD drives in the 4th quarter as MSU would hold on to win 34-24.
    Player of the game: Chris Harley 12-21 374 yards 4 TDs
    GG droid43 that fumble at the goaline was just plain BS, I got lucky on a number of plays. Good luck the rest of the way

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  5. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Yeah, that was easily the most frustrating game I've played in a while. Your defenders blanketed my receivers and my defense just never showed up. Good game.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Aspect1

Aspect1 Walk On

West Virginia bounced back after suffering a crushing week 3 loss to Stanford 20-17, by beating Airforce on the road 24-3.

In the Stanford game they had a back named Barry Sanders who quite frankly played like "The Barry Sanders"!! I could not stop this guy and the CPU had him dancing and breaking tackles all over the field. Barry had over 200 plus yards. Easily the tuffest I have seen a cpu controlled team play. Has anyone noticed how haed it is to run the ball?

WE bounced back on the road however with a much needed win. The game was deadlocked at 3-3 going into the half. The offense stepped up in the 3rd scoring 21 unanswered to take command. Starting QB Childress went 13-23 and 259 yards with 2 Tds. The offense MVP was backup RB C. Anderson who had 119 yds rushing and a TD, he also had 2 catches for 70 yds and another score.

Next up the Mountaineers travel to Maryland to battle Wiggy and his tuff TERPS.

• Like Like x 1
  7. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Irish Survive Furious Comeback
    Longhorns Rally Falls Just Short

This was one of those games where it seemed like the Irish were catching all the breaks and were going to win this one going away, but Texas never gave up, and made one of the most impossible comebacks ever. Let's take it from the top though.

1st QTR
    Texas won the toss and kicked off. ND immediately went on a long drive, working their way inside the red zone at the 10 yard line. Two straight runs got them to the 6 for 3rd down. Kiel found TE Peterson on a slant in the middle, he made a great catch at the 1, but got stood up right there on a great tackle by the cover man. On 4th and goal on the 1, ND had to go for it, and Caldwell pounded it in to go up 7-0 after the 4 minute drive. The Irish D held strong on the 'Horn O's first possession. With the ball back, ND again got a great drive going, all the way into the red zone again. This time, Texas stopped us short for another 4th and 1, from about the 10. This time we played it safe and kicked the FG to go up 10. A big play of the quarter not in the stat books was a 2qtr injury to stud UT HB Johnathon Gray. It definitely limited the Horn O in the first half.

2nd QTR
    Texas took the ball down the field all the way to the 10 yard line with 1st down. The Irish sent the blitz, and reached the QB for a 10 yard loss. That screwed the drive, and on 3rd and long UT ran a draw for 13 yards to set up an easy FG and make it 10-3. The Irish took the ball back, again making a great drive into UT territory, only to be stopped around the 20, settling for another FG to go up 13-3. Texas got the ball with 2:35 to go, and were rolling down the field on what looked to be a certain scoring drive. They got the ball all the way inside the 30 with under a minute to go, when suddenly, dime back Marcus Skinner ran a slant route better than the receiver and picked it off, then made a great 83 yard return for a game changing TD, putting us up 20-3 at the half.

3rd QTR
    This was pretty much a throw away quarter, neither of us had much success. UT had another costly turnover early on that killed a promising drive, and ND converted it into another 3 to go up 20 with a quarter and a half to play.

4th QTR
    This is way things got interesting. I admittedly probably got too conservative, but things got crazy. Anyway, UT finally found their groove on O, as Brewer got rolling throwing the football. Suddenly the guy couldn't miss, my guys couldn't cover and my DL stopped pressuring the QB. Brewer methodically worked his way downfield, ending with a 3 yard TD pass to Charles. "No big deal" I say to my self, still up 13 with 2:57 to go. UT tries the onside kick, but muffs it only about 2 yards for the penalty and my ball. "I'll run this clock out" I say to myself. But, my backs broke a couple of 10 yard runs on the short field, and Rice wisely used his TO's. So we ended up scoring in just 30 seconds to go back up 20. I thought about going for 2, to be up 21, but I figured, "Nah, that would just seem like a dick thing to do, only 2:26 to go in the game". So I kick off, and again, Brewer carves up my D. They go right down the field in 40 seconds and score from the 1 to get back within 13. "No big deal, two scores with 1:46 to go, I'll get the ball back on the onside kick and run out the clock" I says to myself. Sure enough, kicks an onside, hits my guys, they run around like its a grenade and UT dives on it :confused:. It happens. So UT again marches down the field, this time taking a minute off the clock but Brewer hit Hart for a nice 16 yard TD pass to close it to 6 with 46 seconds left. "Why the hell didn't I go for 2?!!" I says. "Ok, no big thing, no way they get 2 onsides in a row, we got this". So again, onside kick, hits my guys, they do nothing, and UT gets it back :eek:. Now I'm concerned. UT again drives right down the field on me, all the way to about the 20 with 20 seconds to go and a first down. He took 3 shots into the endzone, every one way too close for comfort, but luckily my guys swatted them all away. If he had 1 more play, I'd have been in a lot of trouble, but needless to say I was shittin bricks that whole last drive.

Great, Great Game bigrice25. Good luck the rest of the way.

• Like Like x 2
  8. bigrice25

bigrice25 Walk On

Summed up perfectly schreck822

I really couldnt get anything going the whole game! and them turnovers really hurt, especially since they were during good drives. but those last 2 min were crazy lol, i thaught i had you on on of my final plays, i think i had the TE over the middle in the endzone and either he dropped it or your guy got a hand on it. But i pretty much ran out of passing plays to throw at u near the end lol. On the positive note, i found some plays that i kinda like that im gonna add to my repertoire. Ended up being a good game though!! GL the rest of the way.

• Like Like x 2
  9. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Well, I just wrote up everything, in detail, and my browser shut down :mad:. Not happy right now. Not doing it again. Long story short, ND beat OSU in a really good game. OSU had a shot inside the 10 yard line down 4 points as time was winding down, but somehow we were able to make the big stop to preserve the win, then run out the clock.

Great game Kale25, going to be a war for us in the B1G every year with all the good teams we have right now.

10. Automatik

Automatik Walk On

Aaron Burbridge, Michigan State rally past Penn State
    D. Stevenson kicked a 42-yard field goal with 0:01 remaining, and MSU was able to beat 4th ranked Penn State to increase its winning streak to 10 games.​
    Aaron Burbridge caught five passes for 163 yards and 1TD and Chris Harley threw for 315 yards and three touchdowns for the Spartans.​
    Penn State RB Kevin Washington opened the scoring with a 10 yard TD run but Michigan St responded quickly with a 81 yard TD pass from Harley to WR Kings. A couple of possessions later PSU would take the lead once again with just 3:00 min to go in the 1st half on a 32 yard FG by K Washington. And once again the Spartans would answer the Nittany Lions score with a TD of their own, QB Harley would find his TE Wilcox for a 24 yard TD just before the half to give the Spartans a 14-10 lead going into the half.​
    Michigan State got the ball first in the second half, and a 30 yard field goal by Stevenson increased States lead to 17-10. Both teams would exchange TDs late in the 3rd/ early 4th, after PSU last TD with 4 min to go, State would take the field and convert key third downs to get in FG range for the GW FG. Facing a 3rd and 7, Harley lined up in Shotgun and found his HB Castillo out of the backfield for the 1st down that would set the Spartans to win the game with little to no time on the clock. And K Stevenson came up and booted the game winning FG with 1 sec left to give the Spartans the 27-24 victory.​
    Player the game: Aaron Burbridge 5 rec 163 yards 1 TD​
    Great game Wilfiger PSU 38, your running game was giving me fits.​

• Like Like x 2
  11. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Dang, B1G is nasty this year. Great game between you guys. Looks like we get to play each other twice this year Auto, if they go anything like our previous meetings, we're in for some tense games.

12. Automatik

Automatik Walk On

Yeah our 1st matchup was good, but that 2nd one...man I got my ass handed to me. Gonna have to step it up if I want to play in the BCSNC this year.

13. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Irish Mob Slay Spartans

Another ugly user game for the Irish, but a win's a win. This game got off to a painfully slow start, with ND on the ball first. We got a decent drive rolling, all the way down to the 30, before bad Schreck came out and threw a stupid pick to a D end dropping into coverage. Insert palm onto forehead, mutter. As usual, the Irish D was dominant though, and really shut down the high powered, ridiculous scoring machine that MSU has been this season. I can't take all the credit for it, as MSU receivers did their part in dropping 8 passes throughout the game. It really was kind of nuts, I mean The House That Rockne Built has become intimidating during my reign of terror, but dang. That caused a lot of Spartan drives to stall out. The other factor was our relentless pressure. The DL was really getting after Harley in this game, and we ended up with 7 big sacks to put them in a lot of 3rd and long situations.

It wasn't until deep into the 2nd quarter that we were finally able to bust through with a sustained drive and cap it off with a nice fade pass to 6'5 receiver Mike Peters. The D then stepped up to force a punt and get great field position with about 30 seconds in the half, and Kiel right away found Davonte Neal blowing by the CB & S for a 44 yard TD to go up 14-0 at the half. Neal went on to get another 40+ yard TD early in the 3rd to really put the game out of reach the way the D was playing. MSU was able to finally get a nice drive and get a TD late, but it just wasn't enough.

It was another hard fought and ugly game Automatik, not looking forward to having to do it again for the B1G Championship :eek:. We'll see if the neutral field makes a difference.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Automatik

Automatik Walk On

It was an ugly game. My receivers did drop a ton of passes but your DBs were all over them I had no where to throw the ball. That TD before the half was a blow to the gut, and like you said the way your defense was playing(and has played all year) there was no way I was coming back from 14+points let alone 21.

Looking forward to our B1G Championship matchup.

15. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Yeah, I was pretty amazed by my defense in this game. I know my D is loaded, but this was just one of those games where they were everywhere. It's weird because then I'll have games against the cpu where they just throw the ball all over me, so seeing what your QB has done all year had me worried. The DB's just blanketed though, and that gave my DL and rush LB's time to get after you. Next game could have an entirely different vibe to it though. My offense wasn't exactly stellar, just had those couple of big plays, otherwise I wasn't very consistent at all.

16. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

LSU BCS NATIONAL CHAMPS

Tigers claim 3rd BCS Title in 5 seasons in OTP

[​IMG] Penn State 0 0 0 7 7
    [​IMG] LSU 14 17 10 7 48
    FIRST QUARTER
    5:10
    TD
    [​IMG] Aaron Archie HB #47 14 yard TD (Brian Harris K #18 kick)
    0:47
    TD
    [​IMG] Scott Robinson TE #84 16 yard TD from Rob Thompson QB #5 (Brian Harris K #18 kick)
    SECOND QUARTER
    5:28
    TD
    [​IMG] Evan Sisk TE #88 10 yard TD from Rob Thompson QB #5 (Brian Harris K #18 kick)
    2:48
    FG
    [​IMG] Brian Harris K #18 45 yard FG
    0:10
    TD
    [​IMG] Troy Tremblay FB #81 0 yard TD (Brian Harris K #18 kick)
    THIRD QUARTER
    3:24
    FG
    [​IMG] Brian Harris K #18 32 yard FG
    2:26
    TD
    [​IMG] Brandon Graham TE #89 37 yard TD from Steven Harris QB #1 (Brian Harris K #18 kick)
    FOURTH QUARTER
    5:48
    TD
    [​IMG] Ismael Green HB #31 41 yard TD (Brian Harris K #18 kick)
    0:54
    TD
    [​IMG] Eugene Lewis WR #7 74 yard TD from Ryan Browne QB #3 (Ray Washington K #6 kick)