1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

2016 Legacy Recruiting

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Alabama Crimson Tide Recruiting
    Week 1 of recruiting was good for Alabama. We were able to get two instant commits which will be announced next week :cool:, as well as get some quality phone time in with our other targets. Last year's success has put us in a much better recruiting situation for this season, and we are looking forward to chasing down some of the top recruits in the nation.​
    will update throughout.​

3. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Well, none of my recruits have bama #1. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wick36

5. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

The cool thing about the new site is you can see instant commits... So yes, :5stars: #1 QB Joe Blanco is now off the board. :-D

6. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

7. Wick36

You could do it with the old site as well.... which was why I was going to edit the google doc. ;)

8. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Not like I won't find out on Dynasty Wire ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Bama instant commits :3stars: G Jason Blair and :4stars: DE Bobby Merritt. They aren't big time recruits by any means, but we are excited to sign these positions early and clear up our board a little bit.

Since I can't keep it a secret....Bama also got an instant commit week 2.

#4 HB, :5stars: recruit Quincy Ortiz from Forest, Mississippi. He has a SPARQ rating of 80.10, the highest of any recruit we've signed. At 6'0" 200lbs he is listed as a "speed" back, and should fit nicely into the Air Raid with the departure of Adam Jones.

10. Hova

Air Raid this year?

11. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Yeah, it's my only chance.

12. Hova

Michigan has ARRIVED on the recruiting scene. Time for the South to get dom'd just like the civil war ;)

13. Wick36

What makes you say that?

14. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Can anyone remember the last time I lost a non-conference game? I think I lost to Oregon once but that was like year 2 or 3. :D

15. Hova

Looks like I have to come to Georgia and complete the southern sweep

16. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

Iowa finally gets on the board with #2 overall and #1 HB Jon Willis. A 5'11" 213 pound kid out of PA with B+ speed, B agility and acceration, B- stregnth, and C+ break tackle he will fit into our running game perfectly.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Wick36

LSU grabs 2 commits this week.

:5stars: #2 CB Glenn Carr
    Has good speed and decent quickness. He definitely specializes in man coverage. Decent height and good jumping ability. He is a very good tackler for a corner and is very good at recognizing plays early. He is one of the rare corners that can be effective in stopping the run.

:4stars:#1 G Jesse Cunningham
    Great size at 6'3" 297. Very solid all around player - he has no real weaknesses in his game. Good speed for a a guy his size, which allows him to pull and get to second level defenders. He's a bit better in the passing game than the run game, but his strength should allow him to be effective in both facets.

This leaves me with 1 :5stars: scholarship left. There are currently 3 players in the running for this... though I am in competition with other teams for two of them.
    DE Jordan McNeal would be by #1 choice... but I fucked up last week trying to get my recruiting done quickly and only put 10 minutes into him or I'd probably be on top of his list. :( After that, WR Geoff Palmer and HB Joel McMillan are about equal. McMillan was the only HB I have gone after this year, but I don't really need one as I picked up two last year. Great receivers are always nice to have. Palmer looks like a smaller version of Seward, and that's a bit worrisome because I think his size is pretty important to his game. If I don't get McNeal I may hold that scholarship until the offseason.

>The signing of Cunningham gives me a Florida pipeline for next season. Hopefully this will propel LSU to new recruiting heights.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Hova

sssss.png

Michigan gets its first big signing of the season with the #1 SS in the nation our of Indiana. He brings strong coverage skills to the Michigan secondary and just needs to work on his tackling a bit. He chose UofM over rival school Notre Dame.

19. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Georgia class so far. HB was a need position so glad to add a :5stars: player at that position, especially #3 overall guy. I also needed a DE so the DT will be moving over. He is more of a 3-4 DE than a true DT anyways. 5 of 6 recruits are on offensive side of the ball, which isn't a big surprise given how heavy I recruited defense the past two seasons. I needed to improve depth on offensive side of the ball.

[​IMG]

20. Hova

I'm getting almost every guy I went after, 14+. The only one that is up in the air is the #1 DE, looks like Iowa has the edge right now.

21. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Only because I don't recruit guys outside the Top 10 :p

22. Hova

#1 OLB #2 MLB mineeeeeeee

23. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

Let's hope it stays that way since I have only 1 player signed at this point.

24. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Congrats , I had like a dozen top 5 MLB and OLB the past 3 seasons, so very low need for the Bulldogs ;)

• Like Like x 1
  25. Wick36

I started with a good lead on that guy but decided I didn't want to waste a 5 star on him. :(
    #1 olb was too slow for my liking.

Nope, he's mine!