2016 Masler Awards

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

2016: Edition #1

With the first four weeks of the season out of the way, let's take a look at who is making a splash early. Stats won't be that impressive as teams have had Byes and have been beating up the CPU mostly.

EMVP
    Illinois

LOLB Chris Ingraham - 13 Tackles, 4 TFL, 2 Sacks, 1 INT, 1 FR

His stats are the most impressive that jump out to me with even with one of their HBs having 11 TDs but I like a well rounded guy over one guy with a great singular stat.

Indiana

HB Phil Means - 71 Att, 500 yards, 7.0 YPC, 3 TD, 0 Fumbles, Long of 92, 12 KR, 367 yards, 2 PR, 21 yards

I didn't even need to look through the roster for this one, but a big injury to this guy has him out for four weeks and that will surely hurt his stats and chance at winning this award.

Michigan

MLB Joe Bolden - 18 Tackles, 6 TFL, 1 Sack

Chose this guy for his high tackle amount and the fact that a good chunk was in the backfield. In this run crazy league you need someone who can wrap them up.

Michigan State

SS Demetrious Cox - 17 Tackles, 4 TFL, 1 Sack

Not unheard of for the SS to be getting tackles behind the line but for my defense it is. With my new 3-4 defense, it's nice to have an extra tackler to help out.

Northwestern

MLB Ifeadi Odenigbo - 30 Tackles, 10 TFL, 1 Sack, 1 INT

Wow. 1/3 of his tackles are behind the line, nearly twice as many as I've seen so far. Coach Hova mentioned his impressive skills and they are showing.

Penn State

HB Akeel Lynch - 69 Att, 544 yards, 7.9 YPC, 11 TD, Long of 56

Two less carries than Means but more yardage and averaging more YPC. Looks like Coach Fmode figured out how to run his offense. Good things are coming from this kid.

Purdue

MLB Jerome Welsh - 20 Tackles, 4 TFL

Can't always have a Boilermaker on the Oopsman. This kid looks sharp, let's hope he can keep Purdue in ball games this year.

Wisconsin

MLB Garret Dooley - 17 Tackles, 8 TFL, 2 Sacks

Seems like all of these LB like hanging out in the backfield. Get some more plays in coverage and this guy will be more of a favorite.

**Disclaimer**

Just because your team/player doesn't show up doesn't mean I haven't seem some potentials. As stated above, I like balanced players. If you truly want someone on the list, let me know and I will watch them until Week 8 when Edition #2 comes out.

Freshman of the Year and Oopsman will come later. Please list ONE nominee for FOTY and Oopsman will come in Edition #2 (I'll give a little time for people to work out the kinks).

2. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    I only have a few FR that are contributing this season. I have two RS FR WR's who have been solid so far but I'm going to go with CB Willie Beck (11 TCK, 2 TFL, 1 SCK, 1 FF). The wire doesnt show pass deflections but this kid has been great as a nickle corner. It seems like hes always flying all over the field.

3. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

3-3-5 cheese??

4. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

:bag:

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

You sure are feisty lately lol. Hova said he users the LB quite well and even Jello agrees. It's just a test. I'm looking to see if the majority of the league says yes or no, he is fine either way. Trying to ease tensions around here by not having as many restrictions.

6. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Stat wise from box scores etc, I dont think there is enough evidence yet that the there is anything wrong with the 3-3-5. Hova ran for over 200 yards against UofC in his victory. Penn State had 290 yards and 21 points in their game, but it doesnt help that you had 6 turnovers.

Imo, we need to see more user games before we make any decisions.