2016 Power Rankings

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Kapono, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Following Week 3
    Rank Team Record Last Week This Week Analysis
    1 Ohio State [​IMG] 2-0 W #5 USC Oklahoma Proved their #1 status after defeating USC last week.
    2 Penn State [​IMG] 1-0 W #13 Oregon #20 UCLA Big matchup this week vs, UCLA.
    3 Stanford [​IMG] 2-0 W Va. Tech Utah Stanford should have an easy time defeating Utah this week.
    4 Cal [​IMG] 2-0 W Colorado #23 MSU Matchup with MSU will show if Cal is for real.
    5 USC [​IMG] 1-1 L #1 Ohio State Washington State Can’t blame them too much for losing to OSU.
    6 UCLA [​IMG] 2-0 W #23 MSU #2 Penn State After beating a ranked team, UCLA must face the #2 team in the nation.
    7 Nebraska [​IMG] 1-1 W #22 Georgia Tech #11 Auburn Big comeback win last week should give Nebraska momentum.
    8 Michigan St. [​IMG] 0-2 L #20 UCLA #6 Cal At 0-2, MSU has an ever tougher matchup with Cal.
    9 Washington St. [​IMG] 2-1 W Arizona St. #5 USC Washington St. looked good beating ASU last week. Look for a blowout vs. USC

• Like Like x 1
  2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

nice work, ucla is way too high though. way too high. (y)

3. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

1 Ohio State [​IMG] 4-0 W Texas #9 Iowa Blowout of Texas showed OSU is the best in the country. OSU should prove again how good they are vs. #9 Iowa.
    2 Penn State [​IMG] 3-0 W Minnesota Indiana Penn St. looks good despite giving up 28 to Minnesota.
    3 Stanford [​IMG] 4-0 W Colorado #10 Nebraska After blowout of Colorado, Stanford faces a big test.
    4 Cal [​IMG] 4-0 W Arizona St. Arizona Cal should roll this week vs. Arizona.
    5 USC [​IMG] 3-1 W Oregon State Washington USC’s next important game is in 3 weeks vs. Stanford.
    6 Nebraska [​IMG] 2-1 W #11 Auburn #3 Stanford Nebraska passed a big test last week. Stanford may not be as easy.
    7 UCLA [​IMG] 3-1 W Washigton #8 Oregon After a close win over Washington, UCLA faces a very good Oregon team.
    8 Michigan St. [​IMG] 1-3 W Purdue #14 Boise St. Michigan St. is just trying to fight out of the 0-3 hole they put themselves in.
    9 Washington St. [​IMG] 2-3 L Arizona #21 Utah WASU looked to be on the rise before they were knocked off by Arizona at home.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Says the guy who ran from the Big 10 (y)

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

you're not going to have to apologize for this "rant" tomorrow are you?

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

No, no IPA's involved and that was hardly a rant :)

7. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Following Week 6
    1 Ohio State [​IMG] 5-0 W #9 Iowa #22 Michigan St. OSU has been perfect so far. #22 MSU could be a trap game.
    2 Stanford [​IMG] 5-0 W #10 Nebraska #18 UCLA On to the next one for Stanford, this time at UCLA.
    3 Penn State [​IMG] 4-0 W Indiana Northwestern The offense looked good vs. IU but the defense must step up.
    4 Cal [​IMG] 5-0 W Arizona Utah Cal shows no reason why they should be tested by Utah.
    5 USC [​IMG] 4-1 W Washington Colorado USC should continue to win the next few weeks.
    6 UCLA [​IMG] 4-1 W #8 Oregon #2 Stanford UCLA came up with a big upset over Oregon. Stanford won’t be as easy.
    7 Nebraska [​IMG] 2-2 L #3 Stanford Indiana Nebraska kept it close vs. Stanford and now gets a break in the schedule.
    8 Michigan St. [​IMG] 2-3 W #14 Boise St. #1 Ohio St. MSU does not want to drop its 4th game this season, but OSU looks too good.
    9 Washington St. [​IMG] 3-3 W #21 Utah BYE WSU gets a huge win over a ranked opponent and gets a bye this week.

8. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Ya know..... I'm not sure Stanford should be rated above Cal....We did beat them last year, after all.

9. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Cal barely beat a 2-4 Michigan State team :p. The real question for me is will WaSU jump to #8 in the rankings.

10. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

I'm not so sure that Stanford shouldn't be #1 ;)

11. Jayrah

Cals cpu team. And if you're using the barometer, it took 2 late tds for msu to get close. Just saying :)

12. Jayrah

Always the humble Cheez

13. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I think the rankings are pretty close to being right. Stanford's offense is unstoppable, the Cardinal has scored 306 points, basically the two running backs are scoring at will. With Cal avoiding a user game, I know the MSU game got simmed), the schedule has been full of CPU opponents. In addition Cal has a good defense, but it's offense is seriously lacking in production compared to OSU, PSU, and Stanford. I seriously doubt that Cal can beat OSU and PSU based on it's lack of offensive production. In addition Cal is like 0-4/5 against PSU and OSU. Cal has a good shot at beating Stanford based on familiarity. As for Stanford I could understand why Cheez believes Stanford should be #1, but I believe his record against OSU and PSU is 0-6, plus or minus a game.

14. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Defending champs have to get the benefit of the doubt :cool:

15. Cheez

Dont be shocked to see a trip to Palo Alto on your schedule next year ;)

If I can make it happen, I will try to.

16. Cheez

throw on another 63 this week after the Washington game - bringing the total to 369.

This Cardinal team is averaging over 52 points / game, and put up 37 (Nebraska) and 55 (UCLA) in the two user games thus far. Not to mention that the UCLA game could have been much, much worse had I not taken all of my starters out at half - after scoring 45.

17. gowazzucougs

It doesn't mean that much if you can't beat PSU or OSU

18. Cheez

I've already issued the challenge to Max for next season ;)

19. gowazzucougs

If you and him win out, I think it will be settled this season.

20. gowazzucougs

Cheez

In addition we will see OSU and PSU on Stanford's schedule next season?

21. Cheez

It all depends on the conference schedules. With only 9 users right now, it's difficult to get more than 5 user games per team. This season, I had 4 user games within the conference, so I could only take one OOC.

I will try again to give everyone 6 next year, but this year was just awful with scheduling them.

22. gowazzucougs

No, the number of user games is fine at 5, especially if everyone in conference plays each other. I just asked about PSU, because that is another team Stanford has not beat.

23. Cheez

That's just it cougs - not everyone in conference played each other. That's what made things kind of difficult.

And I understand that you are trying to get me embarrased by another Big Ten school. We will have to see how things shake out at the end of the season.

24. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Following Week 8
    1 Ohio State [​IMG] 6-0 BYE Purdue
    2 Stanford [​IMG] 7-0 W Washington Washington St.
    3 Penn State [​IMG] 6-0 W Maryland Nebraska
    4 Cal [​IMG] 6-1 L Washington St. Washington
    5 UCLA [​IMG] 5-2 W Oregon St. Utah
    6 USC [​IMG] 5-2 L Arizona St. BYE
    7 Nebraska [​IMG] 4-2 W Purdue Penn St.
    8 Washington St. [​IMG] 4-3 W Cal Stanford
    9 Michigan St. [​IMG] 3-4 W Michigan Indiana

25. gowazzucougs

Kapono

Not to be difficult, but I should be higher, and Cal should be lower. I just beat a team that was undefeated, and ranked 5th in the country.