2016 Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Let's get this started...

I'm so jealous of the teams that get insta-recruits all the time. A few insta-signs from this week:

:5stars: #2 QB Jon Porter - 6'2" 232 lbs - Sacramento CA - Signed With: Cal - ovr rk: 3 - pocket rk: 10 - scrambler rk: 1
    I was going after this guy... With the intention of making him a running back. Love the size/speed/quickness/carry rating. Don't love the arm.

:5stars: #3 HB Adam Dickerson - 5'11" 192 lbs - Arab AL - Signed With: Alabama - ovr rk: 1 - speed rk: 4 - power rk: 1
    Bama continues to hang in there and land awesome classes year after year.

:5stars: #2 WR Michael Preston - 6'3" 196 lbs - Vicksburg MS - Signed With: Alabama - ovr rk: 9 - speed rk: 12 - possession rk: 7

:5stars: #3 WR William Causey - 6'0" 163 lbs - Quincy FL - Signed With: Purdue - ovr rk: 8 - speed rk: 7 - possession rk: 10
    I went after this guy like an idiot. He's very underrated here, because the system doesn't export ACCELERATION (A+). So top 5 easy, maybe the best in the class.

:4stars: #21 WR Jason Fuqua - 6'5" 195 lbs - Murrysville PA - Signed With: PITT - ovr rk: 32 - speed rk: 57 - possession rk: 20

:5stars: #1 TE Steve Hayden - 6'5" 234 lbs - Temple Terrace FL - Signed With: Wisconsin - ovr rk: 2 - receiving rk: 3 - blocking rk: 2
    Beast

:4stars: #3 TE Aaron Mosby - 6'1" 237 lbs - Belmont NC - Signed With: Texas - ovr rk: 8 - receiving rk: 5 - blocking rk: 12

:4stars: #11 DE Matthew Johnson - 6'6" 204 lbs - San Diego CA - Signed With: Stanford - ovr rk: 9 - speed rush rk: 2 - power rush rk: 14

:4stars: #3 DT David Fry - 6'7" 257 lbs - Glendale CA - Signed With: Cal - ovr rk: 2 - speed rush rk: 2 - power rush rk: 2
    Fuckin Fosh... Off to a nice start.

:4stars: #3 MLB Nelson Witherspoon - 6'0" 218 lbs - Lodi NJ - Signed With: Rutgers - ovr rk: 2 - run stopper rk: 4 - coverage rk: 1
    Stud MLB inks with the champs

:4stars: #5 SS R.J. Ingram - 6'3" 213 lbs - Gunnison CO - Signed With: Stanford - ovr rk: 14 - coverage rk: 14 - hard hitter rk: 13

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I'm going heavy defense this class. Especially LB's where I'll take any and all comers...

3. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Strange year for me recruiting wise. Most of the player I am after are being ignored by others...not sure if thats good or bad.

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Signed a 3-star MLB...good to get some recruits early in the game...he makes the 2nd MLB prospect we've gotten...add him to the one we signed last year, we figure one of these guys is moving to the outside.

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Recruiting has been kind to me, picked the right bunch of guys to jump out on and I may sign at least 15 of the 18 on my board at this stage of the game which is very good IMO.

Signed 3* CB Nick Kelly
    B+ SPD, B ACCEL, C+ MAN AND ZONE, C CTH and B- JMP

Looks like a solid get for me...

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Washington---Looks like no one bothered to go after Marcus Smith because Washington has him all but sealed for a LOI to become a Husky. He's shutdown worthy with A spd/accel. B+ zone/jump are his other highlights. B- man coverage but he must have liked what U-Dub does with their CB's...see that beast who's one of the best in T1 history.

Wisconsin---Speaking of beasts, Wisconsin much like U-Dub, will be coasting on FS John Pollard. Pollard has A+ accel with B+ speed and a 6'3" 209 frame. He's a young Sean Taylor (R.I.P.) in the making. At the #6 ranked FS, he's such a well-rounded kid that the Badgers can't wait to get him in.

UCLA---The Bruins are on the verge of getting one of the most amazing guards I've seen. Zach Walker...A+ acceleration makes him an EXCELLENT pulling guard, C speed for added measure. B+ strength to boot...Walker pass blocks and run blocks very well and should come in around low to mid 80's...just an amazing potential get for them. UCLA could nab two amazing guards.

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

The CB was in our state and we were #1, I just think people saw the writing on the wall.

With regards to that G Rusty is getting... he was in CN, which is a pipeline for me and I thought i would be able to track him down on that guy. Instead he increased the lead on me every week. I was far enough back to start that it looks like I never chased him, but I did for three weeks.

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Helli is going to sign a 3 star backer that is a beast. I saw him in week 2-3 and he was already like 80% on him so I said fuck it.

9. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Illinois has their work cut out for them....week 4 and there were no recruits on their board.....already miles behind on all the good recruits and will have to fight for the bargain basement ones

Also have 8 position needs.......oy vey

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah that sucks....I have jumped on some recruits that had Illnois #1.....sorry

11. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

all good, we're prepared to take our lumps this first season....kinda knew that coming in, it would be tough sledding

12. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

This class could be a huge one for UCLA, we arent going to land the needs we really had, CB depth and a FS...but we are most likely going to land a 5 star TE, #1 RB, a QB with great size and an arm to match, two great G's and we are battling for a few other spots as well.

13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

News to me! Who is it?

14. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Sorry he is a 4 [​IMG]OLB Geoff Pope....he looks like he could develop into a beast.

15. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

yeah that 6'5 WR Fuqua seems like he isn't going to be a game changer, and it doesn't seem like size this year has much to do with jump balls, need wr's though. Pitt actually has a pretty decent class if I can get everyone who has me 1st or 2nd to sign.

16. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

He's an athlete.

17. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah correct...he comes up when u search for backers....but I think he will be better suited as CB/FS/SS. Dependent on his ACC.

18. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Secretly hoping he will be a good running back. B- carry.

19. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

However good it looks now... You should have seen it during the preseason. I was picking my jaw up off the floor. They had so many guys listing them #1 I wondered how they would pick which ones to go after... Impossible!

20. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Ramirez must've recruited a sick class during last season, Illinois has some nice freshmen.....good thing too, because being that we missed three weeks of recruiting this year, I am going to have to live off that class next year.....just did my board and this year looks like we'll just be adding roster place holders lol

21. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I believe he had a top 10 class. And that's with him not being around much. He recruited some nice safeties I saw.

22. Zetroc

Zetroc Uncle Rico Inspired

im suprised to have signed three guys already, especially ending with a 6-7 record...

23. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Cincy finally lands first two recruits of the season:

:4stars: ESPNU 150 G Mike Woods out of Bucyrus, Ohio
    6'3 311
    C Speed, C+ Strength, C+ Pass Block, C Run Block, B- Impact Blocking
    Woods has great quickness for his size but will probably redshirt

:4stars: ESPNU T Joe Smith out of Middleburg Heigh, OH
    6'4 300
    B- Strength, C Awareness, B Run block footwork, B Run block strength
    Smith will be a good one, but he also may redshirt depending on depth

24. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Seems like the recruits are taking their time this season, I've never not signed anybody through 5 weeks... Until this season.

Let's look at a few more signings.

:4stars: #6 WR Kellen Cade - 6'1" 170 lbs - Sheldon IA - Signed With: Wisconsin - ovr rk: 12 - speed rk: 11 - possession rk: 12
    Top 10-15 WR with functional speed and hands. I'd go outside right now and trip the first person I see if I could get just a guy like this. Nevermind a fucking superstar, just a guy like this! Instead I'm switching QB's to WR and they're my starting slot receiver... FUCK.

:3stars: #25 TE Mark Walker - 6'4" 235 lbs - St. Rose LA - Signed With: USF - ovr rk: 67 - receiving rk: 35 - blocking rk: 71
    Scrub - I don't want no scrub

:4stars: #9 T Joe Smith - 6'4" 300 lbs - Middleburg Heigh OH - Signed With: Cincinnati - ovr rk: 7 - run block rk: 6 - pass block rk: 12
    As JC indicated by putting up only his run blocking ratings... He's a good run blocker! I'd love to have this guy...

:4stars: #11 G Mike Woods - 6'3" 311 lbs - Bucyrus OH - Signed With: Cincinnati - ovr rk: 12 - run block rk: 11 - pass block rk: 9
    Cincinnati's doing work on the O-line this year, another veyr solid player. Both are over 300 lbs. so they're looking to get stout.

:4stars: #2 C Andy Smith - 6'3" 285 lbs - Manhattan Beach CA - Signed With: Cal - ovr rk: 3 - run block rk: 3 - pass block rk: 3
    Cal just keeps fuckin signing guys.... And this one's a top 3 center in the class.... Must be nice.

:4stars: #16 DE Michael Hamilton - 6'4" 232 lbs - Fairview Shores FL - Signed With: USF - ovr rk: 22 - speed rush rk: 22 - power rush rk: 21
    He's aight.

:3stars: #57 CB Nick Kelly - 5'11" 163 lbs - Lansdale PA - Signed With: Rutgers - ovr rk: 51 - coverage rk: 35 - hard hitter rk: 64
    Good depth guy. Nothing special but decent..... He aight.

• Like Like x 1
  25. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Great post Hellisan! I was laughing at your comment about tripping someone! Yeah Cade looks like just a solid wide out. Similar to my guy Guy Gary last year. I need 1-2 WRs....there is one.