2016 (S6) Discussions

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by PAgamer07, Dec 23, 2011.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Just a little pre-kickoff hype for Season 6. Everyone please answer the following questions.

1. We are now entering our 6th season, what was your most memorable game in those previous 5?

2. What player or players will you miss the most this year?

3. What one play from last season stood out the most to you? Whether it defined your season, or was an incredible highlight?

4. Name one team you felt was incredibly overrated in the polls last year. And then, name one team you felt should have been ranked higher.

5. Which team do you think will surprise some people this year?

6. What offense do you plan to run this year? Who will have the biggest impact for you in this offense?

7. If you answer this before Christmas, what are you hoping to get from 'ole Santa? If you answer after Christmas, did you get any phat l3wt?

Sorry for the extra question... Had to ask!

2. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

1. We are now entering our 6th season, what was your most memorable game in those previous 5?

There are two games that come to mind, Penn State's 14-0 win against me as we had the ball on the doorstep to tie and fumbled it away. The other game was when I was at UCF and me and TEClemson53 played a hell of a game that ended 17-16 Tulsa but it was still a great game.

I will miss both of my starting corners Thomas Finnie and Kevin Taylor who both combined for 15 INTS last season.

3. What one play from last season stood out the most to you? Whether it defined your season, or was an incredible highlight?

I would have to say when I blocked that field goal against Duke just because it was badass.

4. Name one team you felt was incredibly overrated in the polls last year. And then, name one team you felt should have been ranked higher.

Overrated: Miami there is no reason I should have been in the top 10 with 4 losses granted all 4 losses were to teams in the top 10.

Underrated: Penn State as they should have finished 2nd in the nation.

The team that will be a surprise next season is gonna be Texas Tech as I have a hunch that dnf913 will bounce back and win the Big12.

6. What offense do you plan to run this year? Who will have the biggest impact for you in this offense?

The Bible is my playbook LMAO but seriously I will run the Auburn offense again and Darren Fellows is gonna have a monster year this year as well as Ryan Parks who is going to be a beast in his sophomore year.

7. If you answer this before Christmas, what are you hoping to get from 'ole Santa? If you answer after Christmas, did you g

I am getting a new radio and sound system put in my truck and possibly get my windows tinted.

3. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Umm, don't really have one yet haha.

My QB Oliver and HB Treyvonn Green. They were dynamic and the CPU did not leave me with viable replacements. I have a recruit I should be able to land that could eventually take the place of Green, but nothing to speak of at the QB position.

I don't think I really had one singular play. HB Treyvon Green broke some big runs out of the spread which was fun (I'm new to the spread).

Uh, ME! I should have been ranked higher. Look what my team did with the new coach. I don't know enough about the rest of you guys yet to decide who is over/under rated.

Northwestern :p

I'm running a spread-option attack, but how I go about doing that completely depends on if I am able to find a QB this offseason. If I can't find one with legs I will be more of an air raid team because my talent is at WR.

7. If you answer this before Christmas, what are you hoping to get from 'ole Santa? If you answer after Christmas, did you get any phat l3wt?

I'm hoping for an ipad, but I'm not expecting to land it. It's like an elusive recruit, sometimes you gotta spend some of your own money ;).

4. sonn

sonn Walk On

I'll go with the Orange Bowl win since its the most recent game and I had no business winning it.

Its a tie between Carnell Smith and Jordan Phillips. Smith won the WR of the year and always seemed to make the big plays while Phillips was my best player on defense leading the team in sacks even though I used the 3-4.

Adam Brown's 48 yard touchdown in the Orange Bowl against Virginia Tech. My offense had pretty much done nothing all game and his run tied the score at 13.

Overrated team is Boise State they didn't have a single marquee team on their schedule.

Underrated is Clemson they only lost to James Wilder and a good Virginia Tech team.

I'll go with Miami ZCar lost to good teams and if a couple of bounces go his way in Season 6 Miami could contend for the National Championship.

Same offense as last year. Adam Brown had 17 touchdowns as a redshirt freshman and with Carnell Smith graduating Brown will be an even bigger part of the offense.

Its kind of sad I had to go to urbandictionary.com to see what phat l3wt actually meant. I just get money at Christmas now days so I'll spend that money on buying a fitted with the new(old?) Jays logo and pay off my preorder of Mass Effect 3.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  5. PAgamer07

Please post, offensive, defensive playbooks and scholarships available. All playbooks must be finalized by week 2 kickoff.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  6. PAgamer07

Please post all signed recruits here.

7. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Clemson
    O: Miami
    D: 4-3
    Scholarhips: 18 (63 points)

8. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Nebraska

Offense: Southern Cal
    Defense: 3-4
    Scholarships: 12
    Points 42

9. ZCar352

Offense: Auburn
    Defense: Multiple

Scholarships: 22 (77 Points)

10. sonn

sonn Walk On

Offense: Oklahoma (custom)
    Defense: 3-4(custom)
    Exact same playbooks as last year.

Scholarships:14
    49 points.

11. JohnnyClutch

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  12. JohnnyClutch

Over time games with Pa and the year when I destroyed #1 Michigan.

Aaron Green and my five senior offensive lineman from last year. As well as the rest of my offense, only have two returning starters.

Throwing an interception for the last play of the B1G Championship game. A win might of sent me to the BCS Championship but it probably wouldn't have with how EA works. Also here is one of my favorite highlights from my career.

I believe Miami was #10 at one point with 4 loses, smh. Texas should of been ranked higher, no that is a lie.

Northwestern has its coach for the whole year so they may surprise some people. Maybe Miami can get hot and knock off some its ACC opponents on their way to an ACC Championship.

We are going with a pro style offense this year. A run heavy offense was really fun but there were really no plays for third and long. I also don't think we have a back fast enough, like Green last season, to run it effectively. Hopefully we will be able to pass the ball more effectively this season. Jonathan Wallace looks like he is ready to become the next stud quarter back in college. At 185 lbs he could gain some more pounds to fill out the 6'4" frame. If he gets the nod to start hopefully the new line will protect him. On the other hand a whole new line, whole new receiving group, and if Wallace starts could spell disaster for the Nebraska Corn Huskers.

I'm getting some new kitchen knifes that are real quality. Be fun not to use dull knives anymore that couldn't cut through butter. Rumor going around is I might get a Ryan Clark jersey and some new LSU gear. Also my friends girlfriend got us all tickets for the Steelers Browns game next week.

• Like Like x 2
  13. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Beating Texas Tech in 2013 to make it to my first national championship.

Malcolm Brown. Nothing else to add.

It didn't define my season, but Malcolm Browns like 70 yard run untouched the seal the game was nice.

Texas...PSU

Tech

TBA. I have the personnel to run either a pro offense or fleXbox One.

I got luggage and I was happy.

14. PAgamer07

Season 6 is nearly ready to kickoff, and Im hoping everyone is as excited as I am.

Last season was one of our most surprising ones in recent memory. We had 2 CPU teams (LSU and Boise State) play for the National Championship. Penn State, Oklahoma and Virginia Tech all won their conferences. Two powerhouses in Texas and Ohio State both ended the season unranked. None of this was expected by anyone.

Changes for season 6 will be minimal. There will be a slider change which will hopefully eliminate "Super LBs" with CPU and user INT both lowered to 25. In addition, I want to remind everyone to keep up with their content this year. I know we are all busy, but everyone should be doing something periodically during the season. I will be penalizing coaches who do not capture screenshots of players for end of year awards or voting in the awards.

Lastly, the Coach of the Year should be our most prestigious award. It should be awarded to someone who does well on the field, as well as contributes with content throughout the season. With that said, I will be awarding an extra 5 scholarship points for the next season for the Coach of the Year winner. This will begin this season, with the 5 points added for 2017 recruiting. So essentially, a free 5* recruit.

Our Coach of the Year winner this year was JohnnyClutch . Congrats dude, well deserved. The voting broke down as follows: Johnny (5 votes), ryalaman (4 votes), Trey (1 vote), Sonn (1 vote)

And now... Youre Season 6 Stories to watch.

[​IMG]

We start in the Big 12 which had our highest ranked user team in Oklahoma who finished #2. Absolutely nobody expected them to win the Big 12, and this year you will bet the new guy has a target on his back.

[​IMG]

:5stars::1stars:

The Sooners open the year as the preseason #3 team in the Country. They had a fantastic year in 2015 capped with an Orange Bowl win over Virginia Tech. The biggest loss for this team is 2015 WR of the Year Carnell Smith. Although the team has a lot of talent at the WR position, we really expect this team to be a bit more run heavy, as Sophomore HB Adam Brown looks to build on his stellar year last year. Defensively, this team is very strong up front bolstered by DT Kelvin Vincent (98 OVR). Can they repeat the Big 12 championship?

[​IMG]

The Missouri Tigers open the season as #11 and have been one of the most consistent teams we've had here in the Redshirts. Last year, they did it on defense as none of their offensive starters were in the mention as players of the year. K Steve "Captain America" Rodgers is back for his final year, and will be a first ballot Hall of Famer. The biggest question on this team is who will take the reigns at QB? The Tigers have a cast of Freshman of Sophomore QBs and none of them is very battle tested, as Corbin Berkstresser is gone. I'm pretty sure they will be fine though as this defense is once again fantastic. The secondary is the best on the NCAA and will make passing against them nearly impossible.

[​IMG]

:4stars:

The Texas Tech Red Raiders open the preseason as #42 in the polls. I had to make sure I was reading correctly. Coach Nick Fowler had been one of our best coaches in NCAA 11, winning 2 National Championships. But outside of winning the Big 12 his first year, he has been a disappointment. Horrible QB play has doomed this team, and we have to wonder if they will get it fixed. QB Dwayne Long looks to be the starter this year, and although pretty accurate, he is no Seth Doege. This team needs to run a lot more than they have been for Nick to have success this year. With a 3 headed monster of Charlie Gaither, Mike Woodward, and Nate Breedlove there is no reason why they won't.

On defense, look out for MLB Marcus Clarke. This kid will make some noise this year, and as a Sophomore is a linebacker that makes this Penn State fan envious. Along the defense line, they have a great DT tandem of Seniors in Amir Hudson and David Mason. The Big 12 will have trouble running against these guys, and I think Texas Tech will surprise some people this year. As long as Coach Fowler goes with his strengths, and not turn it into something it's not by throwing for 5,000 yards, I think they will be fine.

[​IMG]

:5stars:

Finally, the Texas Longhorns. The fans are embarassed by their performance last year. Finishing unranked and losing games they should have one, now has coach Nacho Man on the hot seat. The defense played lights out last year, allowing the fewest points in the Big 12. The problem was the offense.

News media outlets are calling the 2015 Longhorns offense "the stinkbone" as they were the 5th lowest scoring team in the conference. A combination of fleXbox One, wishbone and a lot of other nonsense really didn't put up many points. The best back in College Football (Malcome Brown) faded away at the 2nd half of the season and lost Heisman and HB of the Year considerations in the process.
    We expect more of the same this year, as more and more of Texas' top talents as receivers are electing to play elsewhere.

On defense, this team is still loaded. Both defensive ends are 97 OVR, and in the secondary their top 3 CB's are all rated 94+. Even if they don't put up points on offense, this defense will keep them in most games. This year it looks like the Big 12 will be going through Oklahoma, can they win the Red River Shootout again?

[​IMG]

Last season was a surprise as well as Penn State shocked everyone by winning the conference. After losing to Nebraska midseason, and then playing them again for the conference Championship, chances were good that they would lose again. But somehow, they pulled out a miraculous OT win, giving them the Rose Bowl berth.

[​IMG]

The Nittany Lions open the season as preseaon #2. An incredibly high ranking for this team of overachievers, and one that won't last for long. The defense was the strength last season and they lost 3 enormous pieces. MLB Scotty Booker who led the team in tackles, CB Jordan Vincent and all everything DE Shawn Oakman. It will be a miracle if the team performs as well as they did last year, and outside of DT Brandon Hines, they don't have anyone who will make much of an impact.

On the offensive side of the ball, the coaching staff is still debating on returning to the Spread Option. QB Roger Cannon, dubbed the "legend" will take the reigns this year. Although he doesn't have ratings on par with Nick Ricks, he is a winner and the team rallies around him. The strength of this team is at the WR corps, and expect lots of big plays here.

[​IMG]

The Cornhuskers are still upset about losing the Big 10 Championship game, and are the early favorites to win it again. They are the preseason #4 team in the country and return 9 starters on the "Blackshirts" defense. It really is a no-name defense, as none of these guys get National Accolades, but they know how to keep their opponents out of the redzone.

They will be running a new pro-style offense this season, and will be led by HB Brandon Washington (95 OVR) who I predict will be your HB of the year. Victor Minor will take the reigns at QB and he has to have more consistent QB play.

They have already circled their matchup with Penn State, but have to be cautious, as JCSpartan's Northwestern squad is lurking.

[​IMG]

The Northwestern Wildcats open the season ranked #34 and have a pretty big climb to be in National Championship discussions. They have to beat Nebraska, and this is their biggest game on the schedule right now. But they can't take anyone else in the B1G for granted.

As is the case with the rest of the Big Ten, their defense is the best part of this team. They have great depth at DT and J.T. Smith and Donta Love form a great run stopping tandem. FS Charles Hart is going to have a breakout year, and expect him to lead the team in INT.

On the offensive side of the ball, they will be returning to the Spread Option from what we have heard. Who will start at QB is the big question. Personally I like Cameron Henry as he is very accurate. But he is slow as molasses, so is he the right fit for this system? The biggest playmaker on offense has to be WR Charles Burton, and he needs to get the ball a lot.

Will Northwestern surprise people this year, or are they still in rebuild mode?

[​IMG]

Most experts were surprised at not only the Buckeyes season last year, but even more surprised that they open the season as #25. Coach Evans has not been around as much, and his assistants have done a poor job coaching for him. I think this year he returns in full force, and it couldnt come at a better time.

They have to perform well this year to get their prestige back. Thankfully, the team is still loaded and led by possibly the best QB to ever suit up for the Buckeyes in QB Cory Jones (99 OVR). With WR Kawika Brown and Steve Franz (both 91+) as #1 and #2 WR and Isiah Purcell at TE, this team will move the ball better than anyone in the Big Ten. We all know Brian loves to throw to the TE and Purcell is just as good, if not better than Stonebrunner ever was.

On defense, the secondary is on par with some of those Big 12 secondaries, but the front 7 is young and inexperienced. They need to outperform their ratings here to get a passrush and to stop the run, or it will be a long season on defense.

Can Brian return to the Big Ten Championship game and restore some glory to the Ohio State program?

[​IMG]

The Virginia Tech Hokies won their first of many to come ACC Championships last season, defeating defending National Champs Clemson. This year, they are the odds on favorite to do it again. Who will give them a run for their money?

[​IMG]

Virginia Tech opens at #7 in the polls and like I mentioned, nobody else in the ACC has the talent to matchup. QB Adam Brown returns for his senior year and has unfinished business. His favorite target, WR Andrew Freeman, is gone. But Sophomore TE Keith Pugh will see a lot more action this year, as Hokies coaches are very high on him. HBs Tyrone Smith and Kyle Carpenter will see plenty of action as well, and anchor a talented backfield.

On the defensive side of the ball they have a very good trio of players in MLB Alex Mcrae, SS Cris Higdon, and RE Joe Bell. All 3 of which make this a tough defense to run against. The secondary is very young and suspect, but if they can force teams to be one dimensional, most people believe they can shut down any passing game.

I am wondering what VT will be capable of this year? Adam Brown is filthy good, and I expect this team to be a tough one to beat.

[​IMG]

Coach Raj has built a helluva team here in Maryland, and if anyone is going to knock Virginia Tech off their perch, this is the team to do it. They open the season #15 and have never looked better.

Could this be the season for 2014's Freshman of the Year QB Jeff Harris? Last season he was redshirted, and as a sophomore has 91 THP and 88 THA. Pretty damn good for a Sophomore. He has a very underrated WR in Kenny Slaughter who is one of the best possession receivers in the country. Although he won't make big plays, he will move the sticks.

The options at HB are deep, and although none have amazing ratings, any of these guys can get the job done.

On defense, there are some questions, and outside of the safety tandem of Bruce Smith and Jon Sims, we have to wonder if they can stop anyone? If they figure it out, I love their chances just due to the strength on offense.

[​IMG]

The #17 Clemson Tigers are on a mission this year I feel. After an unheard of 30 game winning streak, coach Eidson was humbled this year as he lost to the Hokies in the ACC Championship game.

Although the team lost a lot of talent (most on defense), they will now be able to pull in even better recruits. They have gained their 5th prestige star and are now considered one of the top schools in the Country.

Offensively this team will continue to put up points. They have two of the best backs in the ACC with Patrick Cleveland and David Webb. Even though their offensive line looks like it could be troublesome, outside of Florida State and Miami, opposing Defensive Lines will not give them much trouble in the ACC.

On defense, this team has some big question marks. Namely the front 7. I don't think Ive seen a worst collection along the front 7 than this team, and if they want to stop anyone, they will have to bring pressure in the form of run and pass blitzes.

The secondary is outstanding, and one of the better ones in the conference. So really, the question is, can they keep their opponents in check this year, or will they need to win their games 63-51?

[​IMG]

And finally we close with the Miami Hurricanes. Since leaving UCF (a decision Zac still regrets) Zcar has not done much at all on the field. Will this be the year?

I absolutely love this defense. Last year's defense was ok, but this year it is going to be a force in the ACC. Easily the best front 4 in the ACC anchored by Junior DE Greg Hall. Add in SS Doug Evans as a 5th linebacker in run downs, and this team will be tough to run against.

The secondary has some questions, but with such a strong defensive line, it will be a challenge for opposing offenses to get much time to even throw the ball. Their LB corps is young, but fast and should matchup well here in the ACC.

On offense, it all starts with returning Freshman of the Year HB Ryan Parks and this year is no different. Expect him to have a big year both running and receiving and he can do it all. QB Darren Fellows is still around, and this is his senior season. Last year was a solid year for him, and I think he builds on this.

As is being mentioned around the league, Miami could be your sleeper team this year.

And there you have it.. your 2016 storylines to watch. Good luck everyone, and deadline to complete preseason is 12/26 8 PM EST. IF we are done sooner we will advance to week 1.

• Like Like x 4
  15. ZCar352

Good stuff PA

16. JohnnyClutch

Once again really great write up. Ready to get on the field. That pesky Christmas is getting in the way though. :D

Thanks everyone for the coach of the year award. I appreciate it. The extra 5 recruiting points is a great addition to the prestige of the award.

17. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

Great stuff as always PA! I am hyped to get started on the new season and to put last season behind me.

18. PAgamer07

Haha, yeah i know man. We'd probably kickoff tonight if not for christmas eve. Maybe tomorrow night.

19. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Nice work sir!

20. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Booo......

21. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I think because I don't have a good offensive line or running QB I will be running the Arizona air raid book and just throw a ton of short passes.

• Like Like x 1
  22. PAgamer07

It's here. Merry Christmas fellow Redshirters. Good luck this year, and have a great Christmas.

Deadline will be Monday 10 PM EST.

• Like Like x 1
  23. PAgamer07

Welcome to Week 1!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #15 Maryland Terrapins (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Terrapins travel to Tuscaloosa to face the #5 Alabama Crimson Tide (0-0).

=============== #25 Ohio State Buckeyes (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Buckeyes will host Auburn (0-0).

=============== #20 Texas Longhorns (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Longhorns are idle.

=============== #11 Missouri Tigers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Tigers are idle.

=============== Texas Tech Red Raiders (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Red Raiders are idle.

=============== #17 Clemson Tigers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Tigers will host Troy (0-0).

=============== #2 Penn State Nittany Lions (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Stanford to face the #10 Stanford Cardinal (0-0).

=============== #7 Virginia Tech Hokies (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Hokies are idle.

=============== #4 Nebraska Cornhuskers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Cornhuskers travel to Fort Worth to face the TCU Horned Frogs (0-0).

=============== #19 Miami Hurricanes (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Hurricanes travel to Huntington to face the Marshall Thundering Herd (0-0).

=============== #3 Oklahoma Sooners (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Sooners are idle.

=============== Northwestern Wildcats (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Wildcats will host Eastern Michigan (0-0).

24. PAgamer07

Awesome highlights Johnny

25. PAgamer07

Thanks for the kind words guys. It was fun getting this together. I always enjoy looking over players to watch, and trying to build off of each season.