2016 (S6) Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Jan 11, 2012.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Go ahead and post all game summaries for Season 6 here. We'll do it this way from now on.

2. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Washington 17 - Virgina 15

Rookie head coach Selvy9 got off to a bit of a shaky start, allowing Virginia to jump to a 10-0 lead in the first quarter. But as the game progressed, the Huskies run game slowly started to find its footing, helping open up the passing lanes for senior quarterback and player of the game Steve Smith. who would account for both UW touchdowns. A second quarter touchdown pass to Franklin Thomas cut the lead to 10-7, followed by a 40 yard field goal to tie as the first half wound down. The only scoring of the third quarter was a 50 yard FG for the Cavaliers, giving them a 13-10 lead heading to the fourth. UW took the lead on the first play of the quarter on a short QB sneak from the 1, resulting in a 17-13 lead. Then things got interesting. Virginia would begin to march right back, when a long throw towards the end zone turned into the 3rd interception on the day by the Huskies at what appeared to be the goal line. Instead, and somewhat inexplicably, the referee ruled it to be a safety, as the interception apparently happened outside of the end zone with the player crossing the goal line on his own and being tackled for a safety. The Huskies had little time to argue though, as the score now read 17-15 and the Cavs getting the ball back with just under 5 minutes to go. Two big defensive stands later, Washington escaped with the win. Smith ended the day 15 for 23, with 226 yards, 2 TDs (one rushing) and one INT.

"I was real proud of our defense after that [expletive deleted] safety call," said Coach Selvy. "They didn't hang their heads at all. They took the challenge and answered the bell. I had visions of a last second, game winning FG thanks to a referee's decision that could have ruined a well fought football game. But we got past it and it's time to move on." The Huskies welcome the Utah Utes to Seattle next week to open conference play.

3. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

The game likes to do that, call safeties on interceptions

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Yep that safety was bogus...I almost paused the game to tell you that but didnt want to stir the pot :) My QB play inside the red zone killed me. I missed my TE over the middle on one series, just flat out over threw him for a pick inside the Huskie 5 yard line. The 3 interceptions were the difference...that and the Huskies started to find some running lanes against my defense, allowing for Mr. Smith to have a good game throwing the ball. Good game Salvy, glad to have you aboard!

5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Cincinnati 21
    Duke 14

The Bearcats travel to Durham and come away with a hard earned victory. The Blue Devils took and early 7-0 lead by returning the opening kickoff for a touchdown. After a missed UC field goal and a couple of punts from both teams, the Bearcats finally got on the board with a short touchdown run by HB Rashad Sullivan. Cincinnati took the lead on the opening drive of the second half, marching down the field and converting on a touchdown pass to WR CJ Patton. Duke sputtered again on offense and was forced to punt it back. Cincinnati scored another touchdown at the start of the fourth quarter, taking a 21-7 lead. Duke did manage a late touchdown pass to cut the lead, but UC recovered the onside kick and ran out the clock. UC was lead by Sullivan, who finished with 101 yards and 2 touchdowns. QB Sean Nealy made his first start and completed 14/16 for 225 and 1 td 1 int.

GG gowazzucougs you're invited up to Ohio next year if you want a rematch.

6. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

You want CPU game summaries or just user match-ups

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I'd like a little on each game but I understand if you dont have the time.

8. Wyrmreaver

#10 Arizona 57
    #4 Auburn 40

Arizona had to come back for a wild win to open their season. Arizona coach Neal Hennessy announced in the preseason that he would be playing 2 QBs this season and incumbent starter Corey James seemed to respond poorly to the change. James went into "Dr Chuck it and Mr run and hide" mode in this game. Dr Chuck it was 10 of 15 passing for 212 yards and 2 TDs while Mr run and hide managed to fit 3 INTs into those 5 incompletions, two of which were returned for Auburn TDs. James' inconsistency helped Auburn open leads of 17-7 and 31-17 in the first half before a late 'Zona FG closed the gap to 31-20 at the half. Coach Hennessy Turned to Lorenzo Ferwerda full time in the second half which seemed to galvanize the whole team. Ferwerda hit Jon "leader of the human resistance" O'Connor for a 79 yard TD strike on the Wildcat's first possession of the second half 10 cut the defecit to 31-27 and then quickly engineered another TD drive to take the lead 34-31. Auburns next drive would end in disaster as QB Doug Bryan was hit by two wildcats and fumbled out of the endzone for a safety extending Arizona's lead to 36-31. On the ensuing drive Cody Davis hit his 3rd of 4 FGs on the day and his second from 52 yards in the game to extend the lead to 39-31. Auburn would manage an FG of it's own to close to 39-34 going into the fourth quarter. Arizona would stall on the next drive but an excellent punt would pin Auburn inside the 10 yard line. Doug Bryan looked poised under pressure and found WR Josh young who would shrug off a tackle and scoot 93 yards for the go ahead TD. After a failed 2 pt conversion Auburn led the game 40-39 with 6:41 left in the fourth. Ferwerda would again come through, this time taking an option keeper 34 yards for a score and then converting a 2 pt conversion pass for a 7 point lead. Arizona would tack on 10 more late points to put this wild game away late and come away with a huge road win to open the season. Ferwerda finished the day 7 of 8 passing for 187 yards and a TD plus 42 rushing yards and another TD.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Wyrmreaver
    any difference in the sliders? never seen a CPU put up 40 on you, just curious

10. Wyrmreaver

Maybe..... I certainly gave up way more big plays..... the 2 pick sixes I threw in the second quarter made the momentum really hard to overcome too, I had to get pretty conservative.... It was fun to have a game in serious doubt until the fourth..... it should be that way when I travel to Auburn

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I agree...just wondering if the sliders helped with making the CPU more competitive. Im hoping so.

12. Wyrmreaver

I think so but one game is a really small sample size

13. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

All you need to know about the Wisconsin-West Virginia game is this. Wisconsin took a 38-35 lead with 50 seconds in the fourth. West Virginia drove down the field and kicked a game tying FG with one second left on the clock. On the ensuing kickoff, the KR for the Badgers fumbled the football right into the hands of Williams, who took it in for the game winning score with no time left. That is all.

#5 West Virginia 45 - #3 Wisconsin 38

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

You lucky SOB :p

15. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Washington 50 - Utah 44

Not sure what the biggest comeback in NCAA history was, but this was pretty ridiculous. Washington was looking to feed off of last week's tight win as they opened conference play against Utah. Unfortunately, Utah wasn't having any of it. The Utes absolutely stonewalled Washington's rushing game, and simply ran over the Huskie D. It was 34-0 after Johnson's 2nd TD run of the half. Luckily for the Huskies, there was still a minute left in the 2nd quarter. Plenty of time to mount a comeback. 2 quick strikes before the half ended made it 34-14 halftime. Coach Selvy completely abandoned the run in the 2nd half, and UW QB Steve Smith decided that was fine with him. The Dogs would outscore Utah 36-10 in the 2nd half, with the winning TD coming with just 1:26 left in the game. A final defensive stand and the Purple People were celebrating an incredible win. Fun fact of the day: The comeback was made despite the UW defense failing to create a turnover.

The numbers...
    Washington-
    Steve Smith (player of the game): 22 for 47, 540 yards, 7 TDs (1 rushing), 3 INTs
    Franklin Thomas: 7 attempts, 17 yards.
    Joe Dennis: 6 catches, 268 yards, 3 TDs
    Ricky Stanley: 3 catches, 117 yards, 1 TD
    Franklin Thomas: 8 catches, 76 yards, 1 TD

Utah-
    Drew White: 16 for 38, 245 yards, 2 TDs
    Keith Johnson: 19 rushes, 213 yards, 2 TDs
    Claude Jones: 7 catches, 138 yards, 2 TDs

16. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I am sure, I don't think next year's Duke's team will be very good

17. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

#11 Illinois 17
    Duke 23 OT

Break out the Dookies, after losing a tough game against Cincinnati the week before, Duke came out and pulled off the upset over the Illini. The star of the game was HB Robert McKeon who score three rushing touchdowns, the first was a 21 yard scamper, the second was a 74 yard run that gave the Blue Devils the lead. The third one occurred in overtime to win the game. The Duke defense played really well this week. The defense intercepted four Illini passes, including one in overtime. Another interception occurred in the endzone preventing an Illini scoring opportunity.

BakerWildcat7

good game, sorry about the crying baby, that stuff happens.

18. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

BakerWildcat7

good game, sorry about the crying baby, that stuff happens.[/QUOTE]

Bro its cool, my son is 8 months so I'm used to it lol

19. Wyrmreaver

.[​IMG][​IMG].​
    Turnovers are too much to overcome for the Cavaliers in Tuscon
    #6 Arizona wins 41-28 at home
    Virginia fumbled the opening kickoff and quickly found themselves down 7-0 in front of a hostile 'Zona crowd. In fact, Virginia would never lead this ballgame and found themselves trying to just keep pace. Halfway through the second quarter a Cavaliers 64 yd TD pass made this a 21-21 game and it felt like this would be a classic shootout. On the next possession Arizona took a 28-21 lead on an option keeper by Lorenzo Ferwerda from 24 yards out with 2:11 left in the half. Virginia's offense stalled and they were forced to punt. Arizona quickly moved down the field and a TD pass from Corey James to TE Travis Alexander extended the Wildcat's lead to 35-21 going into the half.

Arizona would manage a field goal in the 3rd quarter to take a 38-21 lead into the fourth quarter. Virginia would score with five minutes left in the game to cut the deficit to ten. The Cavs opted to kick deep and rely on their defense to get the ball back for them but Arizona's quirky option/multiple attack would slowly march down the field eventually setting up another FG with a minute and a half to go. Trailing 41-28, Virginia QB Andre Brooks, who had a masterful day, would cough up a fumble on the fourth sack of the day for the Wildcats. From there it was all knees for the Wildcats to move to 2-0 on the year.

The difference makers in the game:
    Turnovers - Virginia 3, Arizona 0
    T.O.P. - Virginia 11:18, Arizona 20:42
    Virginia QB Andre Brooks 13 of 16 for 331 and 3 TDs
    Arizona QB Lorenzo Ferwerda 4 of 6 for 34 yards (just to keep 'em honest) and 6 runs for 121 yards and 2 TD

good game recchem2000 those two fumbles on kickoffs were just too much to overcome.... I thought when I scored at 28-21 that we were in for a 59-56 shootout

20. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Week 4; Washington 14 - LSU 6

The Husky defense was key in this upset of #17 LSU. The Tigers started off well, driving the length of the field on their opening two drives but were held to FGs. Washington couldn't get anything moving in the first half which would end 6-0. But the home dogs came out strong in the 3rd quarter, opening with a methodical TD drive that would end with a 16 yard TD pass to T Moore. LSU would be forced to punt on their first drive of the 2nd half, and the very next play Franklin Thomas broke a 66 yard TD run that would end the scoring early in the 3rd. A late LSU drive would stall on the Husky 25 yard line, and UW improves to 3-0 under rookie head coach Selvy.

Wash:
    Steve Smith; 14 for 22, 1 TD
    Franklin Thomas (player of the game); 24 carries, 113 yards, 1 TD. 8 catches, 57 yards.

21. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

[​IMG][​IMG]

Week 4
    Oklahoma State - 30
    Virginia - 48

The Cavs pull off the upset with a strong 2nd half, overcoming some early miscues and securing the win over the #25 ranked Cowboys. The game did not start off well for UVA, as OSU took a 21-7 1st quarter lead, aided by 2 defensive TD's. However, Virginia would take the lead on the opening drive of the 2nd half and never looked back. The Cavs shut out the Cowboys in the 2nd half after giving up 30 first half points. UVA improves to 1-2 on the young season and look to build upon this solid win after to early out of conference road defeats. Up next, the Cavs welcome Fresno State to town.

Virginia Stats
    QB Brooks 16/30 329 Yards, 3 TD's 3 INT's
    HB Bell 28 Carries, 117 Yards, 2 TD's
    WR Thorne 5 Catches, 123 Yards, 1 TD

22. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I couldn't keep up my end of the bargain for the shootout...good game man. Your offense is tough to stop and the time of possession just killed me, couldn't get the ball enough to score that many points. Yeah, those 2 fumbles didnt help either. Ferwerda is a quick little bastard too! I thought i had him a few times and bam he was by me. Good luck in the Pac12, should be another good showdown with whomever comes out of the North!

23. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Texas Tech 19
    Cincinnati 20

Bearcats sneak past an overachieving Red Raider squad, never getting the lead until late in the fourth quarter. Texas Tech got the ball back with just over a minute left, marched right down the field into field goal range and promptly threw an interception when they clearly didn't need to be throwing. Whew

24. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Week 5; Washington 31 - #18 UCLA 24

Huskies use a 21 point 2nd quarter to propel the minor upset of the visiting Bruins. UCLA actually struck first, and looked the more competent team in the early stages of the game. An early 6 yard TD pass from Evans to Kimbrough put UCLA up 7-0 early. The Huskies would try to work the ground game early, but the only thing they found was frustration, so once again coach Selvy was forced to unleash his senior QB. 3 precision drives and 3 TD passes in the 2nd quarter from Steve Smith put the hosts up 21-10 at the half. On those 3 drives, Smith went 14 for 15. More of the same in the 3rd. For every UCLA call, there was a Husky response. TDs were swapped in the 3rd, and when a Husky FG split the uprights with just over 2 minutes left in the 4th, UW could taste victory. A quick drive for the Bruins cut the lead to 7, but the onside kick was recovered by the Dawgs, putting the contest to bed. Washington improved to 4-0 (2-0) on the year and will be looking to get some respect in the polls heading into a week 6 showdown in the Coliseum against the #4 Trojans.

Washington
    Steve Smith; 23 for 29, 341 yards, 4 TDs
    Franklin Thomas; 20 carries, 40 yards. 6 catches, 28 yards, 2 TDs
    Ricky Stanley; 6 catches, 173 yards
    Joe Dennis; 4 catches, 87 yards, 1 TD
    Tom Moore; 3 catches, 40 yards, 1 TD

25. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

[​IMG][​IMG]

Virginia defeats Fresno State at home on a field goal as time expired, 27-24. The Cavs were behind the entire game but managed to tie the game up late in the 4th quarter. After forcing the Bulldogs to do 3 and out, UVA marched down the field and kicked the game winner. Pretty even stats team wise, with UVA putting up 323 while Fresno State gained 352. Fresno was much more balanced than Virginia, as the Cavs found very little luck running the ball, only gaining 63 yards on the ground. The game was one of those whomever had the ball last and thankfully I did. Virginia improves to 2-2 on the young season and will start ACC play next week.

Virginia Stats
    QB Brooks 15/29 260 Yards, 2 TD's, 2 INT's
    HB Bell 19 Carries, 98 Yards, 1 TD
    WR McNeal 4 Catches, 115 Yards, 2 TD's