2016 (S7) Week 11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Jun 3, 2011.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

CPU Games due by Saturday June 4, 10pm PST
    USER Games due by Sunday June 5, 10pm PST

No user games, lets crank this week out quick fellas!

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Welcome to Week 11!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Arizona Wildcats (4-5) ===============
    Last week, Arizona lost 37-31 against USC (7-1).
    This week, the Wildcats are idle.

=============== #20 Illinois Fighting Illini (6-3) ===============
    Last week, Illinois won 31-19 against Iowa (5-2).
    This week, the Fighting Illini will host #4 Notre Dame (6-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Illinois targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LOLB Chris Davis has committed to Iowa

=============== #23 Iowa Hawkeyes (5-2) ===============
    Last week, Iowa lost 31-19 against Illinois (6-3).
    This week, the Hawkeyes will host Penn State (3-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Mark Long has committed to Minnesota
    - (****) FS Marcus Harley has committed to Wisconsin
    - (****) SS Tyson Peterson has committed to Iowa
    - (****) LG Drew Williams has committed to Texas A&M
    - (***) LOLB Chris Davis has committed to Iowa

=============== #16 Texas A&M Aggies (8-2) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M lost 27-24 against Oklahoma (7-2).
    This week, the Aggies will host Texas Tech (4-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RE Stephen Riggs has committed to Texas A&M
    - (****) SS Matt Kelly has committed to Texas A&M
    - (****) LG Drew Williams has committed to Texas A&M

=============== #10 Oklahoma Sooners (7-2) ===============
    Last week, Oklahoma won 27-24 against Texas A&M (8-2).
    This week, the Sooners will host Nebraska (6-2).

=============== #3 Ohio State Buckeyes (7-1) ===============
    Last week the Buckeyes were idle.
    This week, the Buckeyes travel to Evanston to face the Northwestern Wildcats (4-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) P Shannon Ellison has committed to UCLA

=============== #2 Oregon Ducks (8-1) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 30-17 against UCLA (7-1).
    This week, the Ducks are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) C Brandon Jones has committed to Oregon
    - (***) DT Greg Davis has committed to Oregon

=============== Oregon State Beavers (4-3) ===============
    Last week, Oregon State won 31-21 against Stanford (2-7).
    This week, the Beavers travel to Pullman to face the Washington State Cougars (1-7).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) QB R.J. Smith has committed to UCLA
    - (***) LOLB Antonio Rogers has committed to Oregon State
    - (***) SS Seth Thompson has committed to Oregon State
    - (***) MLB Adrian Terry has committed to Oregon State

=============== #8 Texas Longhorns (7-2) ===============
    Last week, Texas won 58-3 against Oklahoma State (4-5).
    This week, the Longhorns travel to Lawrence to face the Kansas Jayhawks (4-4).

=============== #6 UCLA Bruins (7-1) ===============
    Last week, UCLA lost 30-17 against Oregon (8-1).
    This week, the Bruins travel to Stanford to face the Stanford Cardinal (2-7).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Bryan Guerrero has committed to UCLA
    - (***) P Shannon Ellison has committed to UCLA
    - (****) QB R.J. Smith has committed to UCLA
    - (****) QB Larry Thompson has committed to UCLA

=============== #9 Wisconsin Badgers (7-2) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 48-20 against Michigan State (4-5).
    This week, the Badgers travel to Bloomington to face the Indiana Hoosiers (2-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) FS Marcus Harley has committed to Wisconsin

3. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

I'll be done by 1 tomorrow.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Shit, im still in the hunt...6th in the BCS. Gonna need Ohio State or Oregon to lose. USC is still up there too. Still have a shot at a BCS bowl at least!

5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

BCS must've given you some "wife-yellin" credits.

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Yeah, I had a chat with the committee and plead my case...seems to have calmed on the homefront for now though, so thats good!

7. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

@recchem2000

Did you really need both 4 star quarterbacks? I mean Oregon State is struggling at the QB position. I have 5 freshman QBs with ratings of 74-64. The two guys with 74 ratings have accuracy ratings of 71 and 73, meaning they can't hit the broadside of a barn, and you go and sign two quarterbacks with probably better ratings then any of my current quarterbacks. I hope your wife yells at you for not sharing the wealth.

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

[​IMG]

9. gowazzucougs

Well, I see how you have responded. Just FYI, don't get your hopes up for a BCS Bowl Bid. Oregon State is a quiet 4-1 in conference play, and will be 5-1 after beating WSU. OSU is going to beat USC, and then Arizona, setting up a winner take all showdown with the Ducks.

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Very quiet...no one outside oregon even knows oregon state is a real school ;)

11. gowazzucougs

Oregon State 33
    WSU 28

I almost blew this game, uggh. Oregon State jumped out to a commanding 27-0 lead at halftime. The only mistake made was a missed extra point, which didn't seem like a big deal at the time, but it became important late in the second half. Lorenzo Beck caught 3 TD passes, and Pat Davis rushed one in the first half as the Beavers jumped out and mauled the hapless Cougars. Then Oregon State started giving the game away. Stephens threw three interceptions and before you knew it was 27-21. Washington State then took the lead on a 4th and goal play to take the lead with a little over a minute to go. Oregon State didn't panic, Stephen threw a couple of big passes, then scrambled for a big 26 yard gain putting the ball on the Cougars 12 yard line. Then Pat Davis scored on a 12 yard to give the Beavers the lead with 23 seconds remaining.

Folks, do not read too much into this game, I tried to play this game on my lunch hour, and mistakes were made. The Beavers will take down USC next week.

12. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Texas Tech 16 @ Texas A&M 35

The Aggies continue a thrilling season with a big win over Tech, who actually jumped on the Aggies to take a 10-0 lead in the second qtr. But Sr qb Alfred Howell was superb on this day, throwing for 391 yards and 3 tds. Howell becomes the #1 career passing yards leader at A&M, verifying everything that the coaching staff has raved about him over the years. Also a nice addition to the attack was Isaac Neal, who was hurt 4 weeks ago and finally was able to make it back and contribute a td. Now the showdown with Texas.

13. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

You can do it!!!

14. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

I am going to TRY and get my game in tonight.

All emphasis is on whether or not I can get the xbox at my parents' place to read my disc

15. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

Wisconsin good, Indy bad.

#10 Wisconsin 70 - Indiana 3

16. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Bruins hangover continues after the loss to Oregon as they go up to Palo Alto and lose 37-34. Missed a 56 yard FG as time expired, came up a yard or 2 short. The story of this was the turnovers. Ucla gave up the ball 6 times and forced zero from the Cardinal. In the last 2 games, the Bruins are -10 in the TO department. Sad Panda...im breaking into the Losers Lounge whether cougs likes it or not!

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

C'mon guys, CPU games, we should of been done last night...lets get them in. We are advancing tonigh NLT 10pm PST regardless if you are done or not!

18. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

@omega41
    just waiting on your game with PSU...

can you tell im itching to get these 2 loses off my back :mad: F'ing Stanford!

19. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Notre Dame scores TD with 0:03 left to foil Illini upset bid

Notre Dame 23
    Illinois 20

For most of the game, it looked like Illinois was the better team. By most of the game, I mean the entire game except for Notre Dame's 3 touchdown drives. Outside of those three drives, Notre Dame looked foolish every time they had the ball, and somewhat inept on defense. However, Illinois could not capitalize on the mistakes, and made a couple of their own in the loss. notre Dame would cap off the final drive with a 5 yard td run, despite not having any time outs to stop the clock in the event of a stop.

Mistake #1: With 10 seconds remaining in the half and the ball at the Notre Dame 13, QB Dan Battle forced a pass into the endzone, which was picked off. This would have given Illinois a 17-14 lead going into half - but instead they trailed 14-10.

Mistakes #2-7: 6 dropped gimme interceptions. Blaming this on the snow and the cold

Mistake #8: Opting to kick a 43 yard field goal with about 1:30 remaining, rather that going for the dagger and trying to ended it by converting a 4th and 2

Mistake #9-10: Missed tackles on Notre Dame's 4th and 5 on their last drive.

Mistake #11: somehow recording a safety after the TD, not allowing for a chance at a hail mary.

All in all, this was a case of computer cheese and comeback AI on that last drive. Mexi, beat the hell out of these guys.