2016 (S7) Week 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, May 24, 2011.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

CPU Games due by Wednesday May 25, 10pm PST
    USER Games due by Thursday May 26, 10pm PST

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Welcome to Week 6!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Arizona Wildcats (2-2) ===============
    Last week, Arizona lost 42-39 against Washington (3-1).
    This week, the Wildcats will host #3 UCLA (3-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Arizona targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) C Chris Carter has committed to USC
    - (****) ROLB Scott Browning has committed to Texas

=============== #21 Illinois Fighting Illini (2-2) ===============
    Last week, Illinois won 38-13 against Penn State (2-1).
    This week, the Fighting Illini travel to Ann Arbor to face the #19 Michigan Wolverines (3-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Illinois targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) CB Jay Herman has committed to Georgia Tech

=============== Iowa Hawkeyes (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Iowa won 41-17 against Northwestern (2-2).
    This week, the Hawkeyes travel to East Lansing to face the Michigan State Spartans (3-1).

=============== #17 Texas A&M Aggies (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M won 34-7 against Kansas State (1-1).
    This week, the Aggies travel to Ames to face the Iowa State Cyclones (3-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) CB Kyle Ward has committed to Texas
    - (****) HB Larry Williams has committed to Texas
    - (****) C Chris Carter has committed to USC

=============== #10 Oklahoma Sooners (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Oklahoma won 48-9 against Texas Tech (1-4).
    This week, the Sooners will host #12 Texas (2-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) MLB Aaron Dickerson has committed to Oklahoma
    - (****) HB Blake Norman has committed to Oklahoma

=============== Texas Tech Red Raiders (1-4) ===============
    Last week, Texas Tech lost 48-9 against Oklahoma (3-1).
    This week, the Red Raiders will host Nebraska (2-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas Tech targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RG Thad Ford has committed to Texas Tech

=============== #4 Ohio State Buckeyes (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 59-0 against Minnesota (2-2).
    This week, the Buckeyes travel to Madison to face the #6 Wisconsin Badgers (3-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) TE Matt Pitts has committed to Ohio State
    - (****) CB Jon McGee has committed to Texas

=============== #5 Oregon Ducks (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 52-27 against Stanford (0-4).
    This week, the Ducks travel to Seattle to face the Washington Huskies (3-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) DT Derek Rowe has committed to Oregon
    - (*****) MLB Aaron Dickerson has committed to Oklahoma

=============== Oregon State Beavers (1-3) ===============
    Last week the Beavers were idle.
    This week, the Beavers are idle.

=============== #12 Texas Longhorns (2-2) ===============
    Last week, Texas won 71-10 against Baylor (2-3).
    This week, the Longhorns travel to Dallas to face the #10 Oklahoma Sooners (3-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) FS Edward Curry has committed to Texas
    - (****) CB Kyle Ward has committed to Texas
    - (****) CB Jon McGee has committed to Texas
    - (****) RE Josh Parker has committed to Texas
    - (****) ROLB Scott Browning has committed to Texas
    - (*****) LG Brett Anderson has committed to Texas

=============== #3 UCLA Bruins (3-0) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 59-21 against Cal (2-1).
    This week, the Bruins travel to Tucson to face the Arizona Wildcats (2-2).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) P Marques Miller has committed to Cincinnati

=============== #6 Wisconsin Badgers (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 38-3 against Michigan (3-1).
    This week, the Badgers will host #4 Ohio State (3-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RG Tim Green has committed to Wisconsin
    - (****) DT Derek Rowe has committed to Oregon

3. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Holy hell I'm ranked!!!

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Hell hath frozen over...the rapture is coming if Illinois is ranked!

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Another nail bitter between the Cats and Bruins in the desert as the Bruins escape with the 36-29 win. GG @JFace907 Will have more on this game later as I have some highlights of a strange play that resulted in a safety...both Justin and I were saying WTF when this one went down. I'll post it up later tonight when I get some time.

6. Cheez

ROAD WARRIORS
    Illini: 0 10 7 8 25
    Michigan: 0 14 0 10 24

It feels like it's been one long road trip thus far for the Illinois football team. The last leg of their journey which has stretched from Pacific (Oregon, Oregon State) to Atlantic (Penn State) was finally getting a little closer to home. The newly ranked Illini would take on #19 Michigan at the Big House in Week 6.

This game had the feel of Rocky II. Playing the role of Rocky would be Illinois, and Michigan took on the part of Apollo Creed. Early on, the combatants were feeling each other out. Michigan had one big play, but was unable to make anything of it. Illinois on the other hand was floundering at their own end, unable to muster any offense at all. On the third play of the second quarter, Michigan got the scoring started with a 69 yard bomb from Siegel to White. Illinois countered with a field goal on their next drive to make it 7-3. OC Paul Petrino was very dissatisfied with the end of that drive, as he always is when the Illini get inside the 5 and get only three points.

Michigan fired back with a right hook. That hook being a dose of heavy running from the spread offense. The Illini defense played as though it had never seen a draw play before in their life. With 3:03 remaining in the half, Cooke took a handoff off-tackle and in for 6 more.

With the deficit now 11, the Illini were desperate to put up a score before halftime. Battle methodically led the offense down the field, chewing up clock as he went. Illinois would not hit the red zone until there were 30 seconds left, and at that time Coach Cheez was beginning to think field goal. However, Battle found Horton over the middle for 18 yards and a score on the very next play. After the PAT, the score was 14-10.

The ensuing kickoff would give fans at home reason to believe that Illinois could pull off this upset for a second year in a row. Alexander layed a big hit on the return man and jarred the ball lose. After being circled by white shirts, Alexander finally pounced on it with 15 seconds left, and the Illini were back in business at the Michigan 19 yard line. However, Battle would make his only mistake of the afternoon here by forcing a pass into the endzone, where it was intercepted. Michigan ran out the clock, and went to the break with a 4 point lead.

Illinois got the ball to start the 3rd quarter, and they wasted no time in showing off the fighting spirit that has gotten them their last two wins. Battle would again lead an effective passing attack over the Michigan defense. With 5:06 remaining in the third quarter, Battle would find Justice on a swing pass with nobody else around. Justice went 27 yards untouched into the endzone, giving Illinois their first lead of the ball game 17-14.

For the remainder of the quarter, Michigan and Illinois would battle for field position. The Wolverine offense was now stagnant, but their defense had ramped up their efforts and completely shut down the rushing attack of Justice and Jackson. The fourth quarter would yield a different story, though as Apollo would launch his final assault. Michigan would revert back to their initial passing ways, and eventually knot the game at 17 with a chip shot field goal. Then, following an Illini punt, the Wolverines would go back to the air and be met with little resistance. The short passes to speedy receivers was giving the Illini secondary fits, and Michigan was exploiting it. They would be down to the 1 yard line with 3:35 left, and Carpenter would punch it in from there for the go ahead score.

Illinois would come out with one more chance to score. Battle continued the aerial assault, and Justice picked up the slack when a change of pace was needed. The offense nicked and dimed their way down the field, just as they had at the end of the first half. Feeling the pressure of time, Coach Cheez went for the juggular a little more early than he usually does - but it was a success as Battle in Harris for an 18 yard touchdown.

It was now decision time for Coach Cheez and the Illini. Currently trailing by one, the Illini could play for OT with the PAT, or could go for potentially the win by going for a two point conversion. The Michigan offense had been on a roll, and Battle had been dead accurate with his passes in the second half, so Coach Cheez raised two fingers in the air to keep the offense on the field with 0:53 remaining in the game. Battle would take the snap out of the shotgun. He sat in the pocket for a couple of seconds before finding Harris again for the go-ahead score.

Michigan still had plenty of time, and all three of their time outs. Furthermore, they only needed three points, and had the 9 mile-per-hour wind at their back in the event of a field goal. However, on the first play of the drive, Siegel would be hit and the duck pass would be picked off, effectively ending the game and giving Illinois their third straight win on the road.

Next up for Illinois, a trip back home to take on Minnesota. One can imagine that this latest streak will have Memorial Stadium rocking as hopes are starting to build. Could this finally be the year Illinois breaks through?

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Nice win @Cheez...your gonna get your ass kicked out of the LL too :D

8. Cheez

like hell i am. I've got the keys :D

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I think @gowazzucougs changed the locks :p

10. Cheez

god damn him!! now where am I gonna go get drunk and sing bad karaoke?

11. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

@recchem2000 @Cheez

the locks have been changed for both of you. @omega41 is losing his key as we speak, he is secretly undefeated. Good job for him. The only people who has keys is Texas, Arizona, and Oregon State. If you want key Cheez you know what you need to do, LOSE. And with you second gauntlet coming up i.e. Wisconsin, Iowa, Notre Dame, and Ohio State, I am sure you will be back here in no time at all.

I do believe we may have a new member though, @Jediah your phone is ringing.

12. omega41

omega41 Walk On

I left the key under the mat during the second half of season 6 ;)

13. gowazzucougs

okay, I will pick it

14. omega41

omega41 Walk On

Iowa make bad QB plays in the 2nd qtr after absolutely dominating the 1st qtr and let Michigan St back in the game but survived with a 20 -17 win while the #1 D continue to play lights out in the secondary. Maybe the current top team in the Big Ten can finally get some love from the pollster after 2 big road wins and 2-0 in the Big Ten with an overall 3-0 record :D

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Ohio State and Wisconsin had some issues connecting last night too. Not sure if the game got played or not so I havent advanced yet. If they played I might be able to get the wife to advance us while im at work. I think week 7 is all CPU games.
    @mboda
    @MexiRican35

16. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Just checked and they did play last night, so it's ready to advance. I was hoping to play WGW but just couldn't make it with my wife's doctor appt early this AM.

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

OK, i'll try and get the wife to advance while im at work in case anyone is home to play during the day today.

18. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Don't TRY to get the wife to do it. You MAKE her do it. :)

19. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Im not sure you understand how this works....

20. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

She is going to call me here shortly and im going to walk her through it...

21. gowazzucougs

You need your wife to advance the dyansty, I don't know, I really don't know.

22. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

She did...you're way behind today cougs! Just worry about beating up on Bill in the E tonight!

23. gowazzucougs

I have been in court all day. As for beating Bill, you just want your beer.

24. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

You got that right!