2016 Team Previews

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by nikpin, Jan 29, 2011.

1. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Let's hear something about how your team looks...

Key Players Offense (What makes them important to the team)
    Key Players Defense (What makes them important to the team)
    Where you improved/worsened on offense and defense.
    Season outlook
    Record Prediction

2. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Key Players Offense
    QB Adrian Pollock- Returning Heisman finalist who lost his go to receivers needs to come through even more.
    WR Adam Vaughn- Isn't near the player May or Wilkerson was so a lot will ride on what he can do as the #1 guy.
    HB Travis Ruffin- Last years starter Cameron King was knocked out for the season and isn't the same player he once was so Ruffin will be handed starting RB duties.

Key Players Defense
    SS Ryan Johnson- I rely on my safeties to do a lot and the true freshmen will have his hands full this season.
    WLB Ed Mason- He's given the title of Impact Player after moving down from SS last season. Needs to prove he can shed blockers at the POA

Offense
    I lost two starters on offense and they were both WR's and that position is worse especially at the top. Everywhere else improved through progression and the addition of one true freshmen starting guard.

Defense
    Defense pretty much improved across the board except at safety. Mason moved from SS to WLB and a freshmen will take his sport. Two year starter Joe Harrell moved to FS after being suspended for a year after an off the field altercation and will take over for Walter Battle. Other than that I got better along the line and had a large improvement at LB.

Season outlook
    This is easily the deepest team I've ever had and with only a few departures from last seasons team I'd expect the same results as last year. Should be a lot of close games but talent generally will win out.

Record Prediction
    14-0

3. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Important Players Offense:

QB: Charlie Denman- Needs to stay healthy so that I can keep the redshirt on my 4-star. I only have 3 QBs on roster and my 3rd guy isn't much to talk about.
    TE: Gerald Johnson- This future H4Y HOF led the conference in receiving last season. He has been the catalyst for my offense.

Important Players Defense:

DE: Adam Carter- Should provide constant pressure on the QB
    LB: Marcus Myrick- Was a 2 star guy out of high school with solid attributes, but as just a RS Soph was my best LB. Now he's a junior and has to keep the LBs in check.

Offense:

My QB is a year older as is my RB. Both are solid players. My WR corps is just as good as last year. I return my AA TE. I lost only one starter on the OL, but unfortunately it was a 90 OVR tackle so it was a big loss. My line is solid all around this year and very young so it should be even better next year. All in all, my offense is probably the best it has ever been.

Defense:

My front four are very solid with Carter on one end and a very talented Julian Scott on the other. CJ Brunner was a 4-star DE but I've got him down at DT so he should help provide even more of a pass rush. Both of my LBs are solid and will be back next year as well. THe secondary is much improved from last year as I bring back all of my corners and my SS. I also brought in a 4-star at FS to take over that position.

Season Outlook:

A much improved team from last year, should make a run this year. Obviously it will be tougher since I don't play in the West, but there's no one in the East I haven't beaten before so it's possible. Could be some important games against USU, WMU, Army, Idaho and WKU.

Season Prediction:

11-2. Just too many tough games for me to not slip up.

4. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Key Players Offense
    QB Dennis Johnson - Incoming JUCO JR will replace Jimmy Bell at QB and has much better awareness and accuracy. Hopefully he can solidify our weak QB position with less turnovers and consistent play this year.
    HB Boo Skidoo - True freshman will get the starting nod and has much more athleticism than any other back in our stable. Expect him to make an impact early on.
    TE Roosevelt Fitzpatrick - Our only offensive Impact Player the past 3 seasons, Fitzpatrick returns his senior year as the best player on the team, still. Expect him to lead the nation in catches for a TE, as he will be one of the main targets of Johnson.

Key Players Defense
    OLB Michael Scott - That's what she said. Our only defensive Impact Player, Scott continues the trend of our only solid defensive player being at LB.
    SS Marcus Hall - Our 2nd best rated defender, and only a true sophomore, Hall will be a key player in the secondary for years to come. His 6'5" frame allows him to be a great ballhawker.

Offense
    Only loss was at HB and LG, where both replacements are true freshman that have better overalls. We should be slightly improved over last year, and hopefully our new QB can raise the bar for the offense this year, as last year we had real trouble scoring and moving the ball through the air.

Defense
    Just like the offense, we didn't lose any key players and have incoming freshman getting some playing time. Though not very talented, this squad is much better than last year's swiss cheese defense, and should at least be able to keep us in games, where they couldn't last year.

Season outlook
    Though nowhere near as good a team as I've had in years past, this year's squad should be much better than the past 2 years, and should improve on our 3-8 record last season. A bowl appearance would be a great success for this year's team, and hopefully we can squeeze out a couple wins in conference to get to that goal.

Record Prediction
    6-6, possible bowl bid

5. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

Key Players Offense
    QB Josh Wright -- Former 2* ATH who is now an 84 ovr QB as a Jr. Has a great arm, for the conference, and has some wheels. He had a spectacular Freshman campaign and after removing his shirt had a decent sophmore season after starting about half way in. Im hoping for a 3500+ passing yards and 1500+ rushing yards for him this season.
    HB Titus Cox -- Robbed of the Heisman last season, Titus returns hungrier than ever for his Jr season. The rise of his backup Lou Myers, who at 260lbs is a fucking load, has taken some carries away from him but I still expect him to compete for the Heisman. I expect 1800+ rushing yards and 25+ TDs
    WR Chad Newton -- my other WRs are decent, Newton isnt even my highest rated reciever, but Newton has the size (6'6") to go up and get anything thrown his way

DT Roderick Carroll -- My Dline returns only 1 player, a mediocre DE, from last years line so him coming in at an 84 ovr is a godsend. Will anchor my Dline for 2 seasons
    FS D.J. Bush -- This JUCO(So) comes in to replace stud safety Steve Kane after Kane graduated. will help anchor a secondary with SS Adam Pino
    SS Adam Pino -- this SS transfer is my highest rated secondary player at an 82 and will help keep the offense in front of me due my LBs and CBs being suspect

Offense Improved: Qb, Rb, FB,
    Same: TE, OLine
    Worse: WR
    Defense Improved: SS
    Same: CBs, DT
    Worse: DE, LBs

Season outlook
    My offense is much improved but my defense is suspect at best. Ill probably drop a game I shouldnt and the @LSU is scary as shit ( thanks dylan [​IMG])

Record Prediction
    10-3

6. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Key Players Offense :
    #1: QB-Dennis Brewster. The QB was a 2 year starter before getting benched for Sapp the Texas transfer. Brewster is without a doubt the most valuable asset on my team. He is an 89 overall with 91 speed and 78 acceleration, with 86 throw power and 87 accuracy. The entire season rides on his health, as there is no definite back-up. The back-ups are 69,66,and 62, all scramblers.
    WR Mike Watson, Courtney Davis: Lost 3 senior WRs from last season. Davis put up good numbers but he'll have to prove he can do it as the primary target. Freshman Watson comes in as the 2nd wr with a lot riding on him
    HB: Billy McClain- has shown he can be the feature back, will just need to do it 12+ times this season

MLB: Reggie Scott- The 4 star linebacker is getting the start right away as a freshman. Linebacker is the one question mark on the D so his play can be the difference
    DE: Kevin Scott- The Jr has had 2 great season so far and is the leader of the D.
    FS: Derrick Hampton: the 4 star came in as a 74 overall and will be counted on a lot this season after losing my top 2 safetys last season.

Offense
    WASH- QB HB OL- Brewster is just as good as Sapp was this season. McClain keeps his spot at HB. OL is still lacking but about even with last year.
    Worse- WR. After losing the top 3 WRs, some new faces with less skill will be counted on.
    Better- TE - Alverez stays at started but added some depth that will expand the playbook.

Defense
    Wash- CB, DL - Lost 2 corners but added some great recruits who are ready to step in with good ratings. Lost Warren at DT but the new incomming recruits have uprgraded the other DT and LE positions
    Worse- LB, S - Lost my top 3 LBs and the replacements just aren't as good. Same with the safety positions.

Season outlook:
    Despite losing 16 starters from last season, I'm pretty confident about the season after my 1st game. Had my best recruiting class yet and a lot of them will be contributing. This team should make a push for the West.
    Record Prediction:
    10-3 if Brewster stays healthy
    I see another 3 loss season for the Aggies. I've dropped 3 confernce games each of the last few years. I think I'll improve to 6-2 in conference but lose to Alabama with the new sliders in place. This season will go south in a hurry though if Brewster gets hurt.​

7. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

It's a secret.

8. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I'm really excited about this team. It has solid players at every position unlike my 14-0 Brunetti lead championship team which excelled at a few positions but was limited by others. This is by far my most complete team in H4Y to date.

Key Players Offense
    Jr QB Derrick Gates. Gates was a :3stars: Juco QB last year who was brought in to in theory redshirt and learn the ropes from Army's QB last year Michael Banks. Gates worked his ass of though and passed Banks in camp, and came in as a 77 OVR. He sacrifices throw power (76) for accuracy (85) which is just the opposite of Army's former QB.
    Sr HB Larry Clark. With a full year under his belt Clark looks to lead the Army ground game once again this year. Though undersized his speed (88) and agility (99) make him a very shifty back.
    Key Players Defense
    Sr SS Patrick Mutha Fuckin Sherman. The Shermanator to everyones surprised didn't even enter his name into the NFL draft after last season. Shermanator is back leading his hybrid back spot in the 3-3-5 looking to crack a few more helmets and reel in some more interceptions this season before heading to the NFL.
    Jr MLB Michael White. Watch out for this kid. In his second year playing defense for Army white leads the team on the field alongside Sherman.
    I didn't lose much on offense other than 6'6" speedster wideout J. Merritt last year. Other WR's have progressed nicely this year to fill the void though. This young team has only grown a year older which hopefully shows this year.
    Offensive Improvement: QB/HB/TE/FB
    Same:WR/OL
    Defense Improvement: DE/SS/MLB/CB (Strictly due to age and not losing any key players)
    Same: OLB/FS
    Worse: DT
    Season outlook
    This is my first team thats been better than a D+ overall in H4Y. We have talent at almost all positions, but very limited depth at some. Any injury could really slow down the season and progress Army has made. Coach Hammer is very excited about this bunch.
    Record Prediction
    11-2. Although this may be my best overall team yet, everyone else has been improving as well and Army is playing catchup in the talent dept.

9. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

I'll be doing mine later today.

10. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

ULM focuses team lies in the hands of Kyle McKinney and the offense. I have improved at WR and RB. My oline is also better but still very young as i start 4 freshman. Yet this is still an improvement over last years.

The defense is weak in areas. My strength is the D backs. All four of my starting D backs are recruited corners. The key for my D will be to force turnovers which happened in week 1. The rest of my D has improved but we will see how much.

11. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Key Players O:
    The receiving core. Led by All-Everything SR Shaun Griffin and with the addition of 6'3, 93 speed Bama transfer Marcus Lumpkin, the WRs are, by far, the best unit on the WK team and could challenge for the top WR core in H4Y. Both Griffin and sophomore Larry Grigsby have 90+ catching. The key will be figuring out how to get them all the ball.

Key Players D:
    FS Malcom Cochran-I need him to step his game up even more. While he did force 5 fumbles, he only pulled down 2 interceptions last season.
    DE Adam Butler-Last year, he came out of nowhere to throw up 11 sacks and garner All-American status in his first year as a starter. I'll need him to continue to carry the rest of my DLine.

Improved by incoming personnel:

TE-This position was wretched for me after my only guy transferred to EMU. I brought in a 3* that is 10 points higher than my only returning TE.​

DE-Juco ATH turned MLB turned DE Jacob Lamb is coming off a RS for his SR season and has the RE spot locked down. He's an improvement over the departing Bernard, a 1* juco MLB turned DE, who did nothing.​

DT-A 5'11 juco anchored the line last year along with an overgrown DE turned DT. Now the position is beefed up a bit with true frosh Jesse Franklin (80 str) and juco SR Alex Britton (81 str).​

WR-This might've been my strength anyway but the addition of Bama WR M.Lumpkin to the slot helps.​

Worsened by departing personnel:

QB-by about 5 accuracy points but with the new sliders, I'm feeling it. The new starter has also shown to be injury prone.​

Every other position got somewhat better through progression.

I have to say that I'm embarrassed by my lack of a QB. I've been thinking about it and the problem is I've always treated QB recruitment the same as FB or K. I felt like getting more than one elite QB was wasting a roster spot since they couldn't play ST or help out in any other way. For instance, if you grabbed a good 4* QB and took an even better 5* the next year who never got hurt, that 4* would be a wasted schollie. Look at the QBs Nik brought in last year. More than likely, one of them are gonna play a ton and some of the others may never see the field. I've always recruited QBs that were either a sure-fire, start from day 1 kind of guy or guys that fell in my lap and started out interested and I've always gotten lucky with it. In fact, as some of you may remember, in H4Y '10 I was using SMU and it looked like I was gonna fuck myself without a QB in year 4 until, amazingly, a FS I had recruited that year happened to have like 86 thp and 75 tha. Anyway, that hasn't happened in '11. This is the worst a DCD team has ever looked this late. live and learn.

I still think I find a way to get 8 wins. 8-4