2016 Team Previews

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Same ?'s New Season

1) What stars are returning?
    2) Do you see any freshmen you are stoked to see on the field?
    3) Any guys under the radar due for their break out season?
    4) What playbooks do you plan to run?
    5) How many recruits can you bring in?
    6) What kind of recruits do you need?
    7) What are/aren't you going to change from last season?
    8) Who can't you wait to play?
    9) Give me a quick prediction of how you think 2015 will treat you.
    10) National Championship prediction?

• Like Like x 1
  2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Interesting to look at the career stats in the Pac12. 4 of the top 7 returning rushers are on my team (including the Pac12's top 4 returning TD rushers) while Masler, Randiesel75, and UofCWildcat have no HBs at all on the list.

How are you 3 prepared at HB for the new season? Do you have guys that have been around for a while, but just haven't gotten a shot ready to go, or are you bringing in new talent to tote the rock?

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

My starter I have used a few times, he has the skills, now let's see if he can get it done.

4. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Basically just one. MLB Ron Robinson. We lost 8 players from the tremendous defense last year. We also lost every skill position on offense and a few linemen that added up to 7 lost starters.
    RS Freshman QB Casey Gutierrez will lead the offense in a new direction. Casey is has an absolute cannon for an arm, so the ball will be in the air more for UGA. On defense, LE Kerry Jones is also a RS Freshman. He should be a terror off the edge for UGA over the next 4 years.
    Everyone is under the radar for UGA, but the problem is, the coaching staff doesn't really know who the go to players are either. The Bulldogs have 5 :5stars: WRs on the roster, and with the ball in the air a lot more, expect WRs Kevin Newby, Rodney Lewis, and Charles Montgomery to have big years.
    Same Purdue CPB and Multiple Defense.
    We have 14 scholarships before any attrition, so we can focus on getting some of the best players in the country.
    Our only need is at DT, but we need to improve at CB, OLB, and HB going forward.
    We will have an entirely new offensive game plan, and probably won't be able to do as much on defense because they are so young. We will have to wait for the talent to gain some experience before being more creative.
    @dakota7 His team looks very strong this year, and we are in a reloading year. The teams are a lot different than the end of last season, but we still need a rematch!
    We hope to come out of the SEC East and defend our SEC title in Atlanta. I would be very surprised if this team went unbeaten, but the talent should lead us to compete for an SEC championship and probably a BCS bowl.
    Wisconsin has built up a great squad and he has the team to beat. I don't know if anyone can come out of the SEC unscathed, so I expect Arizona State to avenge their PAC-12 title game loss and take on the Badgers in the NC.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Stacked at HB to be honest.

6. jello1717

I looked @ your depth chart after writing that.

Maybe you should look at mine and then rethink your previous statement (or at least give me your definition of "stacked").

7. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Haha by "stacked" i mean all pretty good and young.

8. jello1717

What's the character limit for posts?
    We return all 5 backs from last year, 4 of whom are studs. We return our top 4 rushers from last year, all of whom had at least 550 yards and 6 TDs and they combined for 3,105 yards and 45 TDs. Expect QB Thomas, and HBs Love, Yates, and Stephens to all have big years once again.
    Defensively, we return 8 starters, most of whom made the Pac12 1st or 2nd team last season. 2015 1st team AAs DE Trey Robinson and MLB Travis Powers can be expected to have very solid seasons once again and the rest of the unit should be very solid.
    We'll only start 1 FR and this dude is a legend waiting to be told. FS Bill Williams will take over for past standout Jerry Sullivan and the ASU secondary won't skip a beat. This true FR will be a blur as he flies all over the field and he should really wreck havoc on opposing QBs.
    There's a couple. MLB Mark Seals is a transfer from Cal and, while he'll only play for us for 1 year, he should make an immediate impact, ala Christian French from a couple seasons ago. He's the best player on our defense and will fill the shoes of last year's FR starter Eric Griffin. Time will tell how Griffin handles being demoted after an excellent freshman campaign, but there's no way that Seals doesn't see the field.
    CB Mike Hayes had a very solid FR season as the #2 CB, but he worked his ass off during the offseason and gained a whopping 7 points. As he steps into the #1 CB role, he should be a lock down corner like no other with his 99 MCV.
    Spread option attack led by Thomas, Love, Yates, and Stephens.
    22. This is going to hurt us as we have too many guys to sign so we won't be able to spend the time necessary to sign the elite recruits.
    My "Needs" list is laughable. I have 8 positions of need by the game's definition, and 14!!!! needs according to my own rules.
    Last year was such an excellent season for us and we're returning sooooo many of the same players that it'd be foolish to change things up.
    Big Suge Knight since we've been in the same OD for years, but have never played before. It'll be bittersweet, though as his team is beastly!
    Anything less than a Pac12 title will be a disappointment. My team has increase by 8!!! points from last season so my usual excuse of "my team is one of the worst teams in this OD" won't hold much water any more. Unfortunately, a BCS title is out of the question given our brutal schedule (we have to play both of the only 2 99 OVR user teams).
    With as much as I want to give Michigan the nod, I don't see anyone beating Wisconsin (if we couldn't do it before, we won't do it now that they're a 99). UGA may be a little weaker than last year, but I still don't see them going down other than their matchup with Wisconsin. I see them overcoming that loss in the polls for a rematch in the NCG (which Wisconsin will win again).

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

RJ Montgomery will be taking snaps again for the Cardinal this season and with a newly improved 97 THA, this kid should be even more deadly than he was last year. Pretty much our whole receiving core is back, all 90 overall or better. On the defensive side of the ball our secondary (Ford, Hall & Smith) is back and ready to put on a show. Look for Gold and Alexander to act as Twin Towers this season in the DE position.

We don't really have any FR at major starting roles except on the O Line, we'll see how a couple pan out though.

We saw a glimpse last season but I believe it will be Montgomery. I can only imagine the possibilities.

I will run with Stanfords offense again and want to run the 3-4 but am a little unsure because I haven't had luck in the past, will probably stick with what I know in the 4-3.

23. Going to be a very young team next season.

Just about everything.

I want to be able to pass without fear and at the same time not be too predictable with my passing. I know with Wright gone it will be a whole new thing learning to run with a different HB, we'll see how that goes. Defensively we need to defend the pass better in user games but that is only how EA thinks I should play lol

@blLL flo, after that game we had last year I am pretty excited for this one.

9) Give me a quick prediction of how you think 2016 will treat you.

An A+ offense? Wow I didn't see that coming to be honest. With all the talent on this team we will once again chase the Pac-12 title and hopefully we can finally host one in Palo Alto, there is a long road ahead of me before that happens though, all the new personnel on the team will take a week or two to figure out. I say I finish no worse than 10-2, with Randy finally getting me and another close game against bill being my only losses.

Wisconsin vs whoever. Madison is stealing Title town from Green Bay.

10. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Rodney Fuller comes back after an up and down Freshman year. He's one year better and one year under the belt. On defense, both Joe Jackson and Willie Cannon come back to help propel an Arizona team to it's first Rose Bowl

No freshmen will see the field for starting spots so no.

Wesley Horton and Damion Smith are studs who will catch a lot of balls. They are pure breed receivers who are made for a low pass offense.

Oklahoma. Dropping the St. Defensively i'm bringing back the 3-4

I thought i was bringing in 20+ but it's only 17

I just need studs. Being a 5 star program, i need to bring in playmakers and athletes.

More pure running. Playaction off the run but mostly running with our run blocking oline

All the users i haven't played yet. This 3 week stretch (4 if you include the random WSU game in there) between Gators, Edge, and then Darkwing will be a great one.

9) Give me a quick prediction of how you think 2016 will treat you.

Rose Bowl or bust.

I think Arizona St is one year away. They'll be competing for it next year. But so will I ;) haha. But this year i have to give the nod to Wisconsin even though i could see them slipping up somewhere. On the other side, I see Georgia coming out and making it again. So third time's a charm? Georgia gets it's National Title beating Bucky

11. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

QB Calvin Doucette returns for his senior season and third year leading the offense.
    QB Laurence Burton is a sophomore this year and will look to get more playing time than last year.
    HB Eric Johnson put up 10+ TDs as a sophomore and is back as JR.
    CB Stephen Perkins (JUCO JR last season) returns to lead the NU secondary.
    FS Tim Powell
    SS John James

Oh Hell Yeah!

WR Montrell Brooks has Evanston buzzing. He's the most talented WR I've recruited and he's already locked down the starting slot position.

MLB Ricky O'Brien will be my #2 MLB and start in the 3-4 set. I expect big things from him.

FS Loren Brown (75 ovr) will be in a time share rotation with SO Tim Powell.

***Note: all three of these guys are true freshman!

It's too early to tell.

A spread variation. Something in between the Oregon and Missouri books most likely.

Big need on the OL. Other than that mainly defense.

Going to look to open the offense up a bit more. As my QB has been young and lacked accuracy I've been conservative. With Doucette being a senior and a WR corps I'm excited about I'm planning on running the spread my way this season.

Haven't looked at my schedule yet. I'm looking forward to Wisconsin though. We got simmed last season and I'm interested to see how my team measures up this year against the powerful Badgers.

Second place in my B1G division hopefully. I'd love to get to 10 wins this season but it's probably unlikely. 8-9 would be a sound season. It will all come down to the defense though. The offense has been pretty good but the defense hasn't held up their end of the deal. Hopefully they'll be better this season.

Obviously Wisconsin is the front runner......AGAIN! I'm not sure about anybody else. Georgia seems to be in a down year (not sure how that's possible with all the #1 classes he's been pulling in) and I'm not sure ASU is ready yet. Ole Miss could have an outside shot.

12. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

- QB Terrance Bell (97 OVR) is the big name returning star on a team that graduated a ton of talent. Bell ended up starting a majority of last season when Jerrard Randall broke his ankle. WR Avery Shaffer (90 OVR) is going to be counted on to make big plays on offense and in the return game. MLB David White (88 OVR) will try to fill some very large shoes with the departure of Butkus winner Daryl East.
    - Despite losing so much talent, the only Freshman that is going to see a good amount of action is MLB Nate Dixon (76 OVR) as a second MLB when the Defense goes to the 3-4.

- Back-up RB Sean Sanders, illegitimate son of NFL great Barry Sanders, could quietly have a good season. Nothing record-breaking, but coming into the season he isn't counted on as a big contributor.

- On offense the Tigers are switching it up big time by going to an up-tempo Air Raid based off of the Houston playbook. Bell is clearly the best player on the team and Tigers have some talented young receivers to make it work. The defense last year thrived on switching up formations and play-calling so I will keep with that to cover up some clear deficiencies.

- with just 12 seniors (and only 4 on D) and 1 roster spot we have 13 total scholarships to use.

- TE and C are the only positions of need so we will target the best talent we can get our hands on.

- My offense really struggled last year, especially in user games so there is a huge change to an Air Raid playbook there. I am also going to try to play all my games because the sim losses really hurt. It should be doable because I don't plan on going out of town until March.

- I can't wait to play edge7771 because he is my rival in my division of the SEC. I got called into work so he got to play my team versus the CPU. That hurt and I am looking forward to playing him to make it to the SEC championship game. I look forward to playing the other users on my schedule too. Those games are always fun and carry a bigger meaning than the CPU games.

- I think I might struggle a lit bit in the beginning of the season because of the dramatic shift in offense and a much weaker defense. With all of my difficult conference games at home (Florida, Auburn, Tennessee and Ole Miss) and not having to play Georgia, I fully expect the game versus edge7771 to decide the SEC West. Therefore, I think a 9-3 or 8-4 record is within reach and who knows, if I can make the SEC championship game anything can happen.

- I think jello1717 takes down 3-time champ Wisconsin at home and sets up a showdown with preseason #1 Georgia

13. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Same ?'s New Season

Pretty much everyone. I only lost backups and role players from last years team.

No I shouldn't have any freshman playing this season because of the number of guys returning.

Everyone? After last years disappointing season pretty much everyone is due to break out. I'd watch for one of my many receivers to have a breakout year, possibly senior WR Josh Hills who has finally broken into the starting lineup. Defensively senior DE transfer from WI, Nick Fenner, could have a big impact, but he is only one of two new starters on that side of the ball.

The same as last year.

17 this season, which is nice due to how many big time guys are interested in me this year.

Still rebuilding my offensive line, so that's the priority. I'm also going to need to start prepping to replace my studly secondary. Other than that I just need some depth.

Got to try to limit turnovers, they really did me in last year. My offensive line should be improved so there is hope in limiting the interceptions. Other than that, I don't plan on changing much.

Hopefully Wisconsin in the B1G champ game again. I think this years team has the tools to knock him off as I'm now a 96 overall.

It's going to be tough as usual and the biggest game currently is against 99 Ovr UofM. Suge and I have played so much that it's getting really hard to score on each other so those games are always intense.

I'd like to think this is my best chance since our opening season, but I have a tough road to get there. I wouldn't be shocked to see ASU get there this year. Georgia and Wisconsin play each other during the regular season so it's unlikely they both make the championship game again.

14. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

So much love for UGA who lost 15 STARTERS!!!

This team is talented, but very young and SO inexperienced it's not even funny. Only returning starters are FB, 3 OL, DE, DT, and MLB. No secondary. No skill positions on offense. But we'll put their feet to the fire this year and will be really good for the next 2-3 years.

15. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

QB Brian Simpson, MLB Klevin Davis, OLB Chris Barbour, DB's Mike Harper, Travis Williams
    WR Derrick Weisbecker
    DT Morgan Farris
    PSU CBP, 3-4 CPB
    13 backups
    DT's, OL
    Redzone offesne will be overhauled
    UGA, I got screwed in the CCG
    Should be a much better this season, with a BCS bid hopefully
    I was very impressed with MSU last year and I like them to make it to the big game. UGA and ASU have a shot to make it also.

16. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:

• QB Michael Turner is the key to my offense. He allows me to be able to run the ball since defenses are not able to stack the box and when he is on I can play more control.
    • EJ McDonald moves the chains and is just the second 1000 yard back I have had this release
    • Branch, Douglas & McKinney are three wideouts that can make plays after waiting for Muse and Williams to graduate.
    • LBs Jay Brown and Chris Hagen are going to be keys to stopping the run and stopping the short underneath stuff
    • Four year starters Darren Dowdell and Chris Cox are the keys to defense as they protect against the run but can fly up to put a licking on runners up near the line.

• No freshman are slotted for substantial playing time

• I believe David Lowery at defensive end and tight end Will Goss are going to have solid seasons after being role players last year
    • Same as last year OK State custom on offense and 4-2-5 / 4-3 custom on defense

• 15 scholarships available. this will be a big year as I have needs to key positions: QB and O-line

• QB, WR and O-line
    • Not sure.
    • All of my user games are interesting for one reason or another. @Jello1771 and I have never played. I have also not played . JCspartan2 and I always seem to have interesting games. I honestly beat myself against dakota7 last year.
    • The winner of the Battle for Paul Bunyan's Axe should determine who goes to the B1G out of the Legends division.
    • ASU and Wisconsin.

17. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

-- OLB Chris Harvey is a force. SS Justin Smith is a ball hawking all-american. DE's Jim Sims and Robert Thompson are all-around beasts off the edge.

-- No. If freshmen are on the field that means I didn't plan my depth chart very well two seasons ago.

-- Maybe Tight End Reggie Brooks. He has been overshadowed the last two seasons by Korey Ball, but now is his time to start.

-- Straight smash mouth pro style, this year out of the Miami OH book. Base 4-3 defense.

-- :5stars:

-- If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

-- Arizona State gave Wisconsin its last user loss, so we have week 4 circled.

-- The goal is to win the B1G.

-- Georgia vs Arizona State

18. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Screwed or man-handled? I'm pretty sure it was 38-7 late in the 3rd and my defense was dominating when we put it on cruise control.

• Like Like x 1
  19. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Screwed IMO. Those two fumbles were comical and what gave you your lead. My guy didn't fumble all year had 99 carry and fumbles? Also on my QB fumble he was in the middle of throwing and all the sudden he gets sacked. If you remember on your play action pass my guy was right in your face and you got the ball off miraculously. This is the one of issues with this game that kills me with the AI. Martin was 97 speed 98 acc and 95 agil and was running with cinder blocks on his feet. That one play on the outside run your dam 300 pound lineman ran him down like it was nothing. Your int was a bobble catch as my guys dropped two int's that hit them right in their hand. You won I lost bottom line to the victor go the spoils.

20. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

LOL. You didn't look at my defense before the game?

It's fine if Martin is fast, but there were constantly 2 and 3 guys around him like you said who were all just as good if not better. Your QB was back peddling, trying to throw across his body and across the DT who was lighting him up. And don't be upset bc your sophomore DBs dropped the ball while my seniors were able to catch it.

That defense was about as good as it gets and that was due to my recruiting. That is not being screwed. I won on the recruiting trail and it translated into a win on the field.

21. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

How did they look on my opening drive?

22. jello1717

You can't win a game because you of our team was better. Your opponent always loses because they play poorly or got screwed.

That's a fact.

23. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

No I lost to you and JC, got screwed against UGA and Whisky thanks for input.

24. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Oh by the way I see that defense held up pretty good in the CCG :p

• Like Like x 1
  25. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

How did they look after the opening drive?