2016 Team Previews

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Nov 30, 2012.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

What can we expect differently from your squad next year? Predictions?

2. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

And let's get everyone to participate. I am interested to see what new prospects everyone brought in via recruiting to improve their roster. Will this be your breakthrough season, or will you be scratching and clawing to make a bowl game?

3. DirtycashDylan

Sic 'em

4. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

BROWN 2016 SEASON PREVIEW

[​IMG]

5. IrishBearcat

You lost to lowly Yale... even Dartmouth beat that talent starved squad in a simulation.

For real though, I'd like to see some new blood outside of these two buttbuddies in the Conference Championship Game. :)

6. IrishBearcat

Lol, if you wanna play Koala I don't mind playing Cheetah.

7. nikpin

We worked out a deal to just alternate championships. This year is my year.

8. IrishBearcat

You even have to throw bowl games against the Sooners if it's Dylan's year? Sorry to hear you drew the short straw. :(

9. nikpin

It was simmed.

10. IrishBearcat

FIFY

11. DirtycashDylan

lol fag

12. IrishBearcat

haha

13. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I'll do this once we get to training results.

14. DirtycashDylan

Yale Bulldogs

Instantly Better:
    • WR. I added 2 ATHs that came in as my 2nd and 3rd ranked receivers. One will use his 95 speed to stretch the field and the other will use his 92 speed/agi/acc in the slot.
    • FB. Yes, my 5* is disappointing as a WR but he's a stud at FB. Remains to be seen if he can fulfill all the
    • DT. Added the #5 DT and an ATH to give me 2nd and 3rd DTs at 80 and 78 overalls
    • LB. Added an 81 and 78 overall OLBs to compete with Butterface Dockery for my 3rd LB spot.
    • CB. I keep getting better here every year and I need to continue to do so to defend Drag routes in future CCGs. I added the #6 CB with 90 Man coverage as well as a couple of ATHs, one with 95 speed who will be my Dimeback.
    Instantly Worse: none

Outlook and Prediction: I only lose my slot receiver and more than replace him. I'm going to have fun mixing and matching Peterson and Sam Ross at RB. With the beefed up Dline I don't see any weaknesses on my team. I repeat as conf champs and take home crystal.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  15. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Quick Review:

I return 21 out of 22 starters on offense and defense. I also return my kicker/punter. My only loss was one of my starting guards and he wasn't anything exceptional.

16. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

Coach q went after numbers to try and field a full team this season, it was tough last year with two back up Olinemen, a CB as the number 3 qb and the waterboy holding down one LB spot but not living up to the expectations set out by the movie of the same name.

Pending training results and some sort of epiphany, Howard is expected to stick with a spread offense, perhaps a few tweaks here or there within the playbook. Coach q and the defensive coordinator are discussing a switch from the 3-4 to the 4-3. This is in discussion to take advantage of depth at DT and hopefully improve a pass rush that was nonexistant with a 3 man line.

The team hopes to double their win total and become bowl elligible for the first time.

17. IrishBearcat

[​IMG]

2017 TEAM PREVIEW

By Coach IrishBearcat ESPN.COM

[​IMG]

Can Dartmouth make a run at an Ivy League Title with several true freshman starting for the football team?

The Big Green head into the 2017 season after finishing the 2016 campaign with their second consecutive 8-5 under Coach IrishBearcat. There were games where Dartmouth looked extremely inept (Cornell), and others where they looked like they could compete with anyone in the country (Yale). The team returns 9 offensive starters which include 2000 Yard Passer QB Joe Campbell, 1000 yard rusher Tom Blair, and 1000 yard receiver Adam Johnson. The defense returns two very productive true freshman DT's who will both start again this season as sophomores. Two freshman DE's will start for the Big Green D. The OLB will be manned by returning starter D.D. McKnight, while another true freshman OLB will start. One of the best linebackers from the Ivy League Conference, Mike Beverly, returns for his senior season hoping to go out with a record breaking season. The defensive backfield also gets a boost from recruiting with two possible true freshman starting in the secondary.

RECRUITING CLASS OF 2016

[​IMG]

# [/COLOR][/COLOR]PLAYER NAME POSITION[/FONT] HEIGHT WEIGHT CALIBER OVERALL ATTRIBUTES[/FONT] [/FONT]STARTER?
    1 R.J. Calhoun FS (ATH) 6'2 236 LBS :3stars: 80 (+19) OVR Click to View Yes
    2 [​IMG] Andrew Bass WR (ATH) 6'5 213 LBS :4stars: 79 (+4) OVR Click to View Yes
    3 [​IMG] Courtney Robinson CB 5'11 176 LBS :4stars: 77 (+2) OVR Click to View Yes
    4 [​IMG] Corey Lloyd SS (ATH) 6'3 225 LBS :4stars: 76 (+4) OVR Click to View
    5 [​IMG] Wallace Johnson OT (ATH) 6'5 270 LBS :4stars: 75 (+4) OVR Click to View Yes
    6 Dominique Hughes DE (ATH) 6'3 249 LBS :4stars: 75 (+5) OVR Click to View Yes
    7 Bill Cotton DE 6'4 243 LBS :4stars: 75 (+2) OVR Click to View Yes
    8 Jarrett Turner OLB 6'0 209 LBS :3stars: 74 (+4) OVR Click to View Yes
    9 Ken Rice SS 6'0 225 LBS :4stars: 74 (+2) OVR Click to View
    10 Jordan Vaughn FS (ATH) 5'11 225 LBS :4stars: 72 (+2) OVR Click to View
    11 Adrian Blake OC 6'0 293 LBS :3stars: 70 (+2) OVR Click to View
    12 Terry Hawkins MLB 6'2 249 LBS :3stars: 70 (+6) OVR Click to View
    13 Eric Wright MLB 6'2 240 LBS :3stars: 70 (+6) OVR Click to View
    14 [​IMG] Alvin Stone OG 6'2 261 LBS :4stars: 69 (-4) OVR Click to View
    15 Rusty Battle DE 6'7 257 LBS :3stars: 69 (-3) OVR Click to View
    16 Todd Byrd OT 6'6 299 LBS :3stars: 67 (-6) OVR Click to View

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  18. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Cornell 2016 Preview:

After two consecutive seasons of 3 wins, the Cornell Big Red made their breakthrough last season with a 7-6 mark that ended with a disappointing loss to Navy in the Military Bowl 17-14 in a rematch of a 4 OT epic in the regular season. Cornell took advantage of the fact that their defense performed to an excellent level and that the option attack under Will Rogers has started to get more and more polished. Admittedly, Cornell's "double option" is still evolving and Coach Crumb is promising that he will continue to add in some new wrinkles to continue their ways.

"If you're asking me to reveal any secrets about how we're going to approach things... good luck getting those. It just isn't happening"

Cornell though is expected to have their most talented team this season and is expected to be solid on both sides of the ball. However, with the rest of the Ivy League improving and with everything falling into place last year it's going to be tough to improve a ton over the 7-6 mark. However, one thing is for certain.. the Big Red should again be competitive against just about everyone in the league. The schedule though admittedly isn't as kind as Harvard was replaced with Yale, marking the fact that Cornell will be playing both defending divisional champions.

The non-conference schedule looks reasonable with home games against UMass and Kent State and a road game against Syracuse. However, even in Ithaca everyone knows that the team that ultimately gave the Big Red the most trouble last year was not in the Ivy League. It was the Ball State Cardinals who absolutely crushed the Big Red in the inaugural road game of the year. Coach Crumb knows though that these games will still likely be tough.

Cornell is predicted to finish 7th in the league. The goals are to continue to build, go to another bowl game and see what happens from there.

19. nikpin

Brown 2016 Preview:

I graduated 3 starters, my #4 WR, my C and my LE. You won't see a whole lot of changes as I pretty much got better across the board from last season thanks mainly to progression. I added a top 10 recruiting class but only one of them will start and that's MLB Massimo Lamacchia. They'll provide a lot of depth I didn't have last year though. I'd expect a season similar to last year where I'll compete for the conference championship with Running Water's arm leading the way.

20. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On