1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

2016 Texas Longhorns

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by Will Atkinson, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Will Atkinson

Will Atkinson Walk On

Recruiting: Seniors (5) +2 standard = 7 total scholarships (2 :5stars: possible)

QB: 2 very talented young QB's. That position can wait for another season. One True Freshman that will most likely be cut.

RB: 4 very solid upperclassmen and decent freshman, one junior who will be cut.
    FB: 2 juniors, will most likely have to pick one up next next season.

WR: This position is struggling, especially with awareness. Only one upperclassman, and two of my underclassmen will need to be cut over the offseason. Leaving me with 5 WR so i will need to pick up some depth this season.
    TE: Will lose my senior TE and be left with a good Junior to feel his shoes and an underachieving FR who i will be forced to keep. Possibly looking for a TE this season, definitely next.

T: One Jr, One Soph. One FR. Looking to hopefully add one over the next two years.
    G: One Jr, Three FR (two solid)..Not a huge need this season with limited scholarships.
    C: Two Jr's, One Soph. Might cut one of the Jr's over the offseason, making that a need for the following yr.

DE: We will lose our best player Stevens off the right end after this season, leaving us with three FR, two Soph, and one JR. I will not need an DE this off season, if anything i might cut on of the FR.
    DT: This position is flat out ugly, one decent Soph, Five below standard FR..Major need of cutting, and quality.

OLB: One Jr, Two Soph, Two FR. Decent looking young unit. Will probably add one next season.
    MLB: One good freshman starter, the other three FR's time is probably limited, need to a better backup for Ross.

CB: Two Jr, Five FR, Need more quality corners, some will be cut when that is found. Need for this season.

FS: We will lose one SR, We will have two JR, and one good FR. Not a huge need this season but the next.
    SS: Two Jr (one solid), One underachieving FR. Possible pickup for this season.

K: Talented Sophomore.. good for another year at least.
    P: Decent Freshman, will have to wait and see, not a need for now.

This is more of a personal note, to help myself.. Just posted just in case someone was interested as well..

2. Will Atkinson

Will Atkinson Walk On

Starting HB out 3wks..Unfortunately he will miss the user game vs. UNC in two weeks but his backup will step up and not miss a beat in my opinion.. Need to establish the run game regardless after the poor showing at CAL this week.

3. Will Atkinson

Will Atkinson Walk On

Longhorns Erase 'Em

The Longhorns shut down rival Baylor's offense 31-0.
    JAN 267:48EST
    • [​IMG]
      TD: T. McCoy pass to H. Summers for 73yds

[​IMG] BAY
    [​IMG] TEXAS
    1ST DOWNS​
    12 12
    3rd down conversions​
    3/13 3/11​
    4th down conversions​
    0/2 0/0​
    TOTAL OFFENSE​
    252 396
    PASSING YARDS​
    246 184
    Completions/Attempts​
    15/36 8/14
    Yards Per Attempt​
    6.8 13.1
    RUSHING YARDS​
    6 212
    Rushing Attempts​
    23 33
    Yard Per Rush​
    0.3 6.4
    PENALTIES-YARDS​
    1-10 0-0
    TURNOVERS​
    6 1
    Fumbles Lost​
    0 1
    Interceptions Thrown​
    6 0​
    POSSESSION​
    16:12 22:50

[​IMG]
    By Atkinson919
    Edit
    Delete

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  4. Will Atkinson

Will Atkinson Walk On

Close Battle

Texas loses a 22-15 heartbreaker to North Carolina.
    JAN 2711:52EST
    • [​IMG]
      SACK: M. Wright for a 7yd loss

[​IMG] TEXAS
    [​IMG] UNC
    1ST DOWNS​
    12 9
    3rd down conversions​
    4/14 4/12​
    4th down conversions​
    0/0 0/1
    TOTAL OFFENSE​
    255 334
    PASSING YARDS​
    130 219
    Completions/Attempts​
    10/25 11/20
    Yards Per Attempt​
    5.2 11
    RUSHING YARDS​
    125 115
    Rushing Attempts​
    33 29​
    Yard Per Rush​
    3.8 4
    PENALTIES-YARDS​
    2-20 2-10
    TURNOVERS​
    2 1
    Fumbles Lost​
    0 0​
    Interceptions Thrown​
    2 1​
    POSSESSION​
    18:43 13:17

[​IMG]
    By Atkinson919
    Edit
    Delete

5. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Good write-ups man. Just so you know for next time, these belong in the Game Summaries thread for 2016. Good job though.