2016 TMFL Mock Draft

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by hskr8128, Dec 7, 2014.

1. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    draft.jpg

2016 TMFL Mock Draft

1. Baltimore Ravens-DE Kyler Hicks 6'6 273 LB Florida State:
    The Biggest Question regarding this pick is if Baltimore will have a new coach or not by draft time. With many holes to fill, who the Ravens pick here will largely depend on their scheme moving forward. We'll go with the big bodied DE Hicks here, but there is no guarantee.

2. New York Jets-OLB Reggie Berry 6'2 241 LB UCLA:
    New Coach publik drunk has made no secret that he knows exactly who he is targeting with this pick. The Jets are another team with many holes to fill but Berry is a monster and potential defensive stalwart for 10+ years. With a solid D-line already in place, we feel confident Berry will be the pick here.

3. Jacksonville Jaguars-LT Norman Chandler 6'4 307 LB USC:
    There are many variables to consider with the Jaguars. They have holes all over the roster and it is unknown whether the coach will make an appearance at the draft or not. However, with only ONE OL over 70 OVR, we're guessing the Jags will start their rebuild in the trenches with the road grader Chandler

4. Washington Redskins-FS DeShaunta Griffin 6'3 192 LB Penn St:
    The Redskins have been absolutely silent leading up to the draft, making it hard to predict where they go. Griffin is a playmaker in the secondary, something Washington has been missing for years. Look out for DT Hood or one of the other elite DE's in Solomon or Bass here also

5. Atlanta Falcons-OLB Shep Rowland 6'2 244 Nebraska:
    We were tempted to give the Falcons one of the top QB's here, as it's no secret that Matt Ryan is on his last days in Atlanta. Ultimately, the Falcons must address their 4th worst defense and Rowland is a man who can help them do that.

6. Minnesota Vikings-MLB Aevry Quick 6'1 239 Texas:
    At first glance, Minnesota doesn't have many glaring weaknesses. They could address their biggest hole with Quick, who would pair with last years #1 OVR D'Arrius Kitchens to create a LB duo who could dominate for years.

7. New York Jets-(From Arizona)-QB Johnny Martin 6'4 215 Florida:
    The Jets are obviously a team with a plan, as they moved back into the top 10 in a trade with Arizona. The question is, who are they after? Again, they have many directions they could go but we'll give them a QB here.

8. Detroit Lions (From St. Louis)-WR Allan Saunders 5'9 195 Tennessee:
    The Lions are rumored to be looking to move this pick but if they stay put, it could make sense to draft a WR with the pick they acquired by trading Calvin Johnson. The question is, was Saunders performance in the college all star game enough to vault him into the top 10 and over WR Rijo Drummond, who was long thought to be the classes best WR? If there was a great 3-4 end available here I could see Detroit going that route.

9. San Francisco 49ers-WR Rijo Drummond 6'2 213 Penn St:
    I could see San Fran going DT here with the Larry Hood who has been plummeting or take one of the elite CB's. However, people love to draft WR's in this league so the 49ers will take the only other one with a first round grade before the run on WR's hits.

10. Miami Dolphins-QB Cal Baca 6'2 220 Florida St:
    The Dolphins love to throw the ball so we highly doubt they will be comfortable with Matt Moore starting at QB next season. As long as one of the top 2 QB's falls to them here, I see them taking him.

11. Indianapolis Colts-LT Glenn Bowman 6'4 313 LSU
    The Colts cleaned up in free agency and could very well be TMFL's most improved team this off-season. That is all for nothing if they can't keep Andrew Luck healthy this year. They go with the best lineman on the board in Bowman

12. Tampa Bay Bucs-DT Larry Hood 6'2 271 Alabama:
    The Bucs have to go D-Line here don't they? The issue is do they take a RE or DT? We feel Hood is the best DL available here and will make a fearsome duo with Gerald McCoy

13. New England Patriots-CB Marcus Gooden 6'1 198 Georgia:
    I mean come on, it's the Patriots, your guess is as good as mine here. We have them taking the best DB available to help out their league-worst secondary but you never know, they could flip this pick for 5 more 1st rounders next season.

14. Cleveland Browns-LE Akeem Solomon 6'5 265 Wisconsin:

The Browns would be well served letting the CPU handle the draft for them this year, as they sure struck gold last year like that. They have a need on the interior OL, but with no players worthy of this pick, they go with Solomon, a man who many had going in the top 5.

15. San Diego Chargers-CB Lorell McKnight 5'11 188 Oklahoma:
    The Chargers are another team that doesn't seem to have any glaring holes. Again, OL would be nice but this is a weak draft at the position. DL could be another spot but there are no solid 3-4 players there either. Due to that, we have them taking the BPA in McKnight

16. New England Patriots-(From Bears)-DT Ryne Avery 6'3 270 Wisconsin
    The Patriots struck gold with a 1st round DT last year in Wendell Oliver. Can they do it again and put together a dominating duo up front?

17. Dallas Cowboys-OLB Joshua Espinosa 6'2 241 Nebraska
    The Cowboys have been rumored to be looking to trade down from this pick. If Espinosa slides all the way to 17 though, it could be a steal for Dallas. He's not an immediate need but he could likely play inside and Sean Lee hasn't exactly been a picture of health lately.

18. New York Jets-(From New Orleans)-FS Ontarius Robinson 6'1 192 Oklahoma

The Jets' turnaround begins to take shape as they make their 3rd 1st round selection. In all, the AFC East, often known as the scourge of the TMFL, has 9 selections in the first round. The Jets again have some options here but in the end Coach Collins will continue to build their defense by adding yet another playmaker, this time in the secondary (Plus he's a former Sooner!). Look out for HB Morgan Carter out of Michigan St. here too.

19. Buffalo Bills (From Denver)-DE Davon Bass 6'4 249 Auburn:
    The Bills are starting a rebuild and they will start with what was once their strength. Buffalo would be ecstatic to have a top-10 talent like Bass fall to them to improve the pass rush.

20. Pittsburgh Steelers-DE Samuel Redding 6'6 275 Oklahoma:
    The Steelers had to be hoping one of the top CB's or QB's fell to them here to replace Allen or Roethlisberger but alas, that didn't happen. The question now is do they stretch for one of those positions or take another DE who has been sliding down the board? Redding is a big body and could likely fit in a 4-3 or 3-4

21. Chicago Bears (From Carolina)-SS Lavacheya Sam 6'3 214 Florida:
    The Bears have no SS on their roster so they stretch a bit for Sam, who is a tall, athletic safety who is capable of making plays.

22. Green Bay Packers-OLB Adaviyan Albury 6'3 238 Alabama
    After moving Clay Matthews inside, the Packers need to find an elite pass rusher to replace him on the edge. While there are no clear 3-4 edge guys available here, Albury is an athlete and is capable of developing into a top notch pass rusher

23. Oakland Raiders-HB Morgan Carter 5'7 199 Michigan St:

Darren McFadden has improved under HC Kidofcrash23 but he is soon to hit the dreaded 30 year old mark and will soon lose a step. Carter is built like a Darren Sproles and can make plays. Look out for MLB Walter Harper in this spot also.

24. Tennessee Titans-DT Jaxon Sullivan 6'1 278 Nebraska
    The Titans have no DT on their roster so they jump at the chance to add the former Husker here.

25. Buffalo Bills-DT W.T. Mills 6'5 277 Pittsburgh
    The Bills continue to overhaul their Defensive Line by adding Mills, a strong, run stuffing DT out of Pittsburgh.

26. New York Giants-OLB Antaries Burch 6' 240 Nebraska
    The Giants are desperate for decent OLB's and fortunately for them, this draft is deep with them. Burch would become the 4th Nebraska player chosen in the 1st round (I wish this was real....) and looks to step out of the shadows of college teammates Rowland and Espinosa.

27. Kansas City Chiefs-CB Cory Anthony 6' 183 LSU
    The Chiefs are loaded, so this pick is a BPA once again. You can never have enough young, talented CB's and there are many teams who covet Anthony so this is a solid get for KC

28. Atlanta Falcons (From Detroit)-FS Donovan Lunsford 5'10 219 LSU
    The Falcons were hoping Ontarius Robinson would fall here, but we don't see that happening. They go with the next best option which is Lunsford. The second straight LSU Tiger taken, Lunsford is smaller then ideal but plays bigger then he is.

29. New England Patriots (From Philadelphia)-LT Jordan Bautista 6'5 309 Tennessee
    The Patriots need interior line help but you can usually move a guy from T to the interior with no problem. Bautista is one of the top lineman and it's a surprise he doesn't go higher.

30. Houston Texans-MLB Walter Harper 6' 236 Miami
    Teams picking in these positions usually aren't hurting for much and the Texans are no exception. They go with Harper, because you can never have too many solid tacklers in a 3-4.

31. Cincinnati Bengals-OLB Lawrence Matthews 6'1 239 Ohio St:
    The Bengals are devastated to see Harper go just one pick before they get on the clock, but they get a nice consolation price in Matthews. They need help at LB, with Burfict being the only consistent playmaker. They hope Matthews can relieve some of that pressure.

32. Seattle Seahawks-TE Tre Rock 6'5 253 Michigan St:
    This is like trying to buy Bill Gates a Christmas Present. The 'Hawks are stacked but they end up getting the one position they really need wrapped up and delivered to them. Rock has been flying up draft boards and the Seahawks showed last season with Jermichael Finley how dangerous a good, big TE can be in that offense. This would be a homerun.
    **Disclaimer-I obviously have no inside information on anybody's picks and I certainly wouldn't give you guys any insight to what I'm doing (y). This is simply for fun and to generate conversation.

• Like Like x 10
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 7
  2. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

HAHAHAHA

This is freaking funny.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Thanks for writing that! Getting me pumped for the draft!

• Like Like x 1
  4. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

This hasnt gotten enough love. This is great content.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

cant imagine those guys in the top 5 can hold out on the sexy picks.

6. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Great job

7. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Haha yea, probably gonna be a couple QBs and WRs in that top 5

8. UniQue2Three

UniQue2Three Walk On

Wow nice job

9. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

Great job brother!!! Thanks!!!!!

10. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Excited for the draft. I hope I don't have to trade down from 11, but I might.

11. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Jags going kicker in round 1 to replace josh scobee......

• Like Like x 1
  12. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Great work man! Very nice piece; funny to see a contrast to this and how the draft went!

13. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Wow that's crazy that I traded down to 27th and picked exactly who you had at 27.

• Like Like x 1