2016 WISCONSIN Badgers

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by White Walkers, Jan 18, 2012.

1. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

1.gif WISCONSIN BADGERS 2016

The 2016 campaign for our Wisconsin Badgers can either be another step forward for this program or a fall backwards. We have 7 teams this year we play that our pre-season top 25 teams. The first 4 games will be ranked games on national television. The first being against #3 FSU. The Badgers are looking great however coming into this year.

There are a few newcomers for the Badgers. The first and most explosive being WR #1 Brandon Barber playing in the slot position. Look for him to be open early. Look for him to be explosive right out of the gate.

The defense is looking stout again this year but the oponents are looking mighty more difficult than last years. However, there will be no excuses because the standards are high here in Wisconsin. Look for the defense to play physical and force turnovers and to not let up the big plays.

The Badgers already have a 5 star commit this year and they look like they will have another year in the top 10 in recruiting if things continue to go as they are now. The team goals this year have not changed and unless Coach Cocky is coaching somewhere else the goals will continue to be winning their conference and winning a National Championship. Like I said, The standards are high here in Wisconsin.

Prospects that can sign. 18 Seniors + 2 = 20 With 3 5 Stars.
    NCAA Infractions from last years over recruiting violation negates 2 players.
    18 Seniors + 2 - 2 = 18 With 3 5 Stars. The magic number is 18 this year.

Lets hope this season all our Badgers stays healthy and plays to their full potential and I dont see why we can't win the conference again and the National Championship. I believe in Coach Cocky and our Wisconsin Badgers! Do you?

2. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

1.gif 2016 IN-SEASON REVIEW
    The 2016 season for our Badgers has had a few ups and downs. Some ups may be the fact that we are 3-1 and still in contention for the conference and national championship. Some downs may be the fact that our FB Brent Robinson is out for the season with injury. This may not seem like a big loss but he is voted by many as the best FB in the nation. Wisconsin is having tremendous success in recruiting since Coach Cocky took over the reigns of the program. He signed 2 5 star players last year and has already 3 5 star commits this year. However, there are a few key holes to fill for next season if the Badgers are to be competitve. One main concern is at CB where 4 seniors are graduating this year and that will only leave 1 CB at that position. Maybe Coach Cocky will have a few position changes. Hopefully he will sign a few CB's and they'll have to grow up fast.
    Another key position to worry about next season will be at QB. QB Chris Garner is having a tremendous season passing the ball as he has his entire career with Wisconsin. However he graduates next season and leaves that position vacant for someone to fill his shoes. Coach Cocky has a few options. He can either go with will be sophomore Chad Day who is expected to be a good QB in this league, or Coach can go with QB Joe Wyatt and his scambling abilities, elusiveness, and great agility. However, one thing could prevent the latter. QB Joe Wyatt hasn't yet commited to Wisconsin. If he does then expect there to be a great position battle in the spring.
    That pretty much wraps up this 2016 in-season review and hopefully Wisconsin will sign a few CB's to give this program some breathing room for next season. Whatever happens, Coach Cocky will have his team ready to play every Saturday. Thanks again for reading The Wisconsin Review! Go Badgers!!!

3. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

Excuse me. Kris Newby son.

4. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Your Kris Newby is a senior and only 89 overall. My Brent Robinson is only a junior and is 94 overall. So suck it!

5. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

6. BigKing

Sounds like he's overrated then. How many touchdowns does Robinson have?

7. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

My FB has been injured since week 3. Since you wish to be hasty, here is a break down of season stats from our FB's.

Keep in mind mine has been out since week 3.

FSU FB 3 attempts rushing for 4 yards 1 TD 1 FMB long of 3.
    FSU FB 49 yards receiving 1 TD long of 18.

WISC FB 7 attempts rushing for 30 yards 2 TD's long of 17.
    WISC FB 30 yards receiving long of 13.

My FB is clearly better at his position.

8. BigKing

Since these are upper classman, I would look at career numbers.

9. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

well sure even though i have only been WISC for 1 year.

10. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

4.jpg

The 2016 Wisconsin Badgers are 1 win away from a shot at the National Championship game. That one game is against the number 1 ranked team in the nation with the Big 10 Championship on the line. Lets take a look back on the regular season.​
    Season finished 10-2. 3 key season ending injuries with Senior QB and DT and JR FB couldnt even slow the Badgers down. Great talent and depth is what wins titles. ​
    Wisconsin has 3 award winners this year. Sophomore DE Davon Allen 6'4" 234 lbs from Traverse City, MI has won two arards: Lombardi and Nagurski. His stats were 15 sacks which led the nation, 3 FF, 1 TD, 32 tkls, 25 tfl, and 12 atk. ​
    The Groza award goes to sensational clutch Freshman kicker, Ricky Sanders from Buffalo Grove, IL who went 18-19 FG's and 53-53 PAT's with a long of 48 on the year.​
    Wisconsin Team Stats
    Total Offense was #57 in nation.​
    Total Defense was #26 in the nation.​
    Passing yards was #16 best.​
    Rush Defense was #16 in the nation.​
    Passing Defense was #46 best in the nation.​

11. BigKing

How do you have any award winners when the season isn't over. Asshole...

12. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Ohh yeah my bad i thought they were done.