2017 All NP Team

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by nikpin, Mar 20, 2011.

1. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Better late than never eh?​
    2017 All C-USA Offense

Quarter Back

[​IMG]Jim Rice 5'11 188 Senior(RS) Impact Player Captain
    91 OVR 88 AWR 88 THP 94 THA
    The QB position this year came down to Scrambler vs Pocket Passer and which you prefer. Rice is a statue and Wright is black which should explain it all. I prefer the pocket passer and even though Rice can't see over the line he still has 94 Throwing Accuracy maybe due to his 88 Awareness which allows him to throw it around wildly but still with accuracy. The C-USA QB position has seen a resurgence after hitting a high point with Barry Brunetti, Robet Bolden and James Franklin but with Rice and Wright graduating it will be fresh faces on the All NP Team next season.
    2nd Team: ULL Josh Wright

Half Back

[​IMG]Billy McClain 6'1 197 Senior Impact Player
    82 OVR 93 SPD 96 ACC 87 AGI 93 ELU 92 SPM 90 JKM
    After almost making the team last year McClain takes top honors this year narrowly over Brandon Harmon of Eastern Michigan and Titus Cox of UL Lafayette who was 2nd team last year but falls completely off the team this year. McClain has been bitten by the injury bug but is looking to finally stay healthy so he can help Utah State rebound after a disappointing 2016 season. His 96 Acceleration is tops among running backs and his 93 speed was only 1 point behind Harmon. He doesn't have great technique as far as running skills but the elite athleticism more than makes up for it as all I really care about is if my RB can out run the cops not run threw them or shake them.
    2nd Team: EMU Brandon Harmon

Full Back

[​IMG]Charles Singletary 6'0 246 Senior(RS)
    94 OVR 98 ACC 79 AGI 91 BTK 99 CAR 85 STR 91 TRK 82 RBL 89 IBL 82 RBS 85 RBF
    Singeltary holds the spot for a 3rd consecutive season with nobody even coming close at the position and I might eliminate it all together next season and add a slot WR position. Singeltary's attributes and overall really speak to how great he is as a player. I'm just going to copy and paste what I've wrote in the past due to lazyness. "He doesn’t have average speed but makes up for it by having elite acceleration, elite break tackle and great trucking. He’s an excellent short yardage threat as he should always fall forward. He cleared the way for a 2000 yard back last season and a lot of credit needs to go his way for that as well." Western Kentucky's Larry Darby narrowly edged out Western Michigan's Josh Green for 2nd team honors.
    2nd Team: WKU Larry Darby

Wide Receiver

[​IMG]David Perkins 6'1 192 Junior(RS)
    87 OVR 92 SPD 87 ACC 84 AGI 81 CTH 84 RTE 82 CIT 79 SPC 84 JMP 89 RLS
    ULL places 4 players on the first team offense and all of them were recruited by someone else. Perkins transferred in during the 2016 off season from LSU and stepped into the #1 role spot in the C-USA on his first year on the field. He's a guy who really doesn't have one thing that makes you say woah. He's got good height with 6'1 he's got above average athleticism with 92 speed, 87 acceleration, 84 jumping and 84 agility. His receiving skills also don't jump off the page at you with 81 catching, 84 route running and 79 route running. His two dynamic ratings are 92 catch in traffic and 89 release. To sum up he's a great receiver but not someone I'd consider elite. Western Michigan WR Brian Jones makes the 2nd team. 7-8 WR's were considered for the 4 spots available but I've forgotten them by now.
    2nd Team: WMU Brian Jones

[​IMG]James Fernandez 5'10 190 Junior(RS) Impact Player
    83 OVR 95 SPD 84 ACC 80 AGI 75 CTH 79 RTE 84 CIT 89 SPC 88 JMP 93 RLS
    Fernandez was the receiver who Steamer teased Snoopy with but inevitably found his way on campus in Monroe not Lafayette. I'm going to assume he took a wrong turn somewhere in the state of Louisiana after departing Florida State. Fernandez is more of an athlete than receiver but who the hell doesn't love speed? He's got plenty at 95 Speed. Grigsby makes the 2nd team though he's more of an awareness warrior at a position I'm not sure you need much at.
    2nd Team: WKU Larry Grigsby

Tight End

[​IMG]Scott Smith 6'5 273 Senior(RS)
    85 OVR 77 SPD 80 ACC 76 PBL 79 RLS 83 STR 84 BTK 90 IBL 89 RBS 81 RBF
    After the departure of 4 year All NP team member and H4Y HOF Gerald Johnson it leaves a large void on the team. Scott Smith who transferred in from Florida to boost transfer friendly ULL is the one chosen to fill the void. He's a very well rounded player but definitely a notch below GJ in the passing game. His biggest strength is in the run game as he posses the blocking skills of a linemen with 89 run block strength, 90 impact blocking and 83 strength. Western Michigan TE Xavier Johnson narrowly beats out Idaho Freshmen Caleb Carlson for 2nd team honors.​
    2nd Team: WMU Xavier Johnson

Tackle

[​IMG]Anthony Craft 6'4 311 Junior
    81 OVR 86 ACC 77 STR 80 RBF 89 RBS 82 PBF 85 PBS
    The offensive line is pretty much dominated by Western Michigan players on the first and second team so expect a lot of WMU for the rest of the offense. Craft is a pretty solid LT and able to lock down most teams pass rushing ends. He's got good acceleration which allows him to get to the second level and decent agility. He's not particularly great at one thing except for strength in the run blocking game. His pass blocking attributes are more than passable which allows him to play on the left side. His backup Dennis Lambert makes the 2nd team because everyone else's tackles suck.
    2nd Team: WMU Dennis Lambert

[​IMG]Claude Whitmore 6'8 282 Junior(RS)
    79 OVR 72 SPD 95 ACC 79 AWR 80 PBL 83 RBL 80 IBL 87 RBF 87 RBS
    Yes your reading this correctly that all 4 tackles on the team are on Western Michigan and no this isn't like CenTech's infamous team. Whitmore is a dominant run blocker with 87 run block footwork and run block strength. The only problem is he's pretty weak as a pass blocker and actually gets pulled off the field in passing situations for pass blocking RT Vince Brooks who makes the 2nd team. Again how did the rest of you let your tackles get so bad?
    2nd Team: WMU Vince Brooks

Guard

[​IMG]Kevin Bonner 6'3 322 Senior(RS) Captain
    97 OVR 78 SPD 91 ACC 99 AWR 92 PBL 92 RBL 91 IBL 91 STR 85 RBF 97 RBS 90 PBS
    Bonner makes the team for the 3rd season in a row. He transferred in from OU as snoopy will pretty much allow players fresh out of prison. I'd probably allow him on my team to as the he's by far the best player on the offense and could play any position on the offensive line. I could go through his skills but he's really got to many to even go into. Western Michigan LG Ty Ryan makes the 2nd team but is not even close to Bonner's level.
    2nd Team: WMU Ty Ryan

[​IMG]Mike Davis 6'6 279
    84 OVR 75 SPD 89 ACC 78 AGI 98 AWR 83 PBL 90 STR 88 RBS 82 PBS
    Mike Davis was the first :5stars: in CUSA history and makes his debut after placing on the 2nd team last season. His overall is heavily propped up by his awareness as his actual blocking ability isn't elite yet. His strength is though at a 90 rating. His backup Darryl Holman places on the 2nd team showing just how bad C-USA linemen really are.
    2nd Team: WMU Darryl Holman

Center

[​IMG]Greg Brady 6'4 310 Senior(RS)
    87 OVR 85 AWR 87 PBL 83 RBL 83 IBL 83 STR 88 RBF 86 PBF 80 PBS
    Brady isn't an elite center like we've had the last couple of years but as a former :3stars: who has really over achieved to get to 87 OVR he deserves some credit. He's just a solid guy with no one thing that stands out but he has good size, good awareness and is an extremely well rounded blocker. He's exactly the kind of guy you want in the middle of your line. Kent State transfer Phil Wilson was really the only one in consideration for the position and therefore ran away with second team.
    2nd Team: KSU Phil Wilson

• Like Like x 2
  2. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

2017 All C-USA Defense

Defensive End

[​IMG]Kevin Scott 6'3 246 Senior
    86 OVR 73 SPD 85 ACC 81 AWR 79 STR 87 PMV 85 FMV 84 BSH 83 PUR 87 POW
    The highly contentious relationship between Kevin Scott and Tom Merrill comes to a head as Merrill fails to make a single all NP team in his career while Scott makes 2 consecutive. Scott is more of a run stuffer but is a decent enough pass rusher from the weak side against most Left Tackles. His 85 acceleration allows him to close on the QB quickly while his 87 power moves, 85 finesse moves and 84 block shedding allow him to get around most blockers. He's got 87 hit power and it shows up on the field as he's forced 7 career fumbles.​
    2nd Team: WMU Shelton Robinson

[​IMG]Marques Everett 6'2 248 Junior(RS)
    86 OVR 84 ACC 79 STR 89 PMV 91 FMV 90 BSH 88 PUR 82 POW
    Despite being vastly more talented than counterpart Shelton Robinson it really hasn't translated to on the field success. He had a stellar freshman season with 8 sacks but was then moved to the weakside and saw Robinson win the Lombardi as a freshman. Hopefully at some point he can harness his talent and turn it into play making ability. 3 out of 4 DE are Western Michigan players as John Henry takes the 4th spot.​
    2nd Team: WMU John Henry

Defensive Tackle

[​IMG]Roderick Carroll 6'3 275 Senior Captain
    90 OVR 80 ACC 83 AWR 86 STR 85 TAK 94 PMV 85 FMV 83 BSH 88 PUR 85 POW
    ULL first player on the team who they actually recruited. That comes with a slight caveat as he was a Junior when he hit campus as he was pulled from the JUCO ranks. He took a huge leap forward as he jumped from the 1st DT on the 2nd team to the 1st DT on the first team despite nobody ahead of him graduating. He's got excellent burst with 80 acceleration and is an outstanding interior player with 86 strength and 94 power moves. The guy he replaced John Goodwin tumbles down to 2nd team narrowly behind Brian Anderson.​
    2nd Team: EMU John Goodwin

[​IMG]Brian Anderson 6'4 281 Senior(RS) Impact Player
    87 OVR 76 ACC 90 STR 85 TAK 85 PMV 79 FMV 83 BSH
    Anderson transferred in from Tennessee and is on his 2nd consecutive All NP team. He's really the only bright spot on what otherwise is a bleak MTSU roster. He's not an elite pass rusher like Carrol as he's more of a space eater with 90 strength who should need constant double teams but not quite but up the stat line of a defensive end that penetrates into the backfield. His 3 sacks and 10 TFL a loss last season would seem to indicate that he's a great player to have on your team but not a game changer.​
    2nd Team: WMU Ira Miller

Middle Linebacker

[​IMG]John Holman 6'2 222 Junior(RS) Impact Player
    83 OVR 86 SPD 93 ACC 83 PRC 82 BSH 92 PUR 83 POW
    Johnson is relegated to the 2nd team as John Holman emerges to take the top MLB spot. I'm not sure if he was a transfer but knowing ULL he probably was and he's able to bump two time All NP in his first year on the field. He's got great athleticism with 86 speed and 93 acceleration and decent size for the position which is really where he edges Johnson. Johnson is a much better technical middle line backer but what can I say I'm a sucker for someone that looks good in shorts and a t-shirt going through drills.
    2nd Team: WMU Terrance Johnson

Outside Linebacker

[​IMG]Ed Mason 6'3 229 Senior(RS) Impact Player
    87 OVR 81 SPD 91 ACC 81 AGI 80 TAK 94 BSH 94 PUR 91 ZCV 91 MCV 96 POW 78 STR
    Mason transferred in as a sophomore SS but quickly outgrew the position and moved down to weakside LB. His rating line above speaks volumes about what kind of player he is. He can lock down backs and tight end's while being an asset in stopping the run. His only weakness is rushing the passer but in most situations you'd want him as the coverage LB anyways.
    2nd Team: KSU Marcus Myrick

[​IMG]Andrew Garrett 6'4 225 Junior(RS)
    85 OVR 89 SPD 93 ACC 80 AWR 81 TAK 92 BSH 83 POW 83 STR
    Garrett is the opposite of Mason at the LB position. He's much more of a natural athlete than Mason and lacks the refined skills. They basically should change skin colors. His coverage ability is based on his athleticism not technique. His strength is in the run game and getting after the passer. He's also decent in zone coverage as he can get to a lot of balls that surprise opposing QB's due to his height and athleticism.
    2nd Team: WMU Kendall Hargrove

Corner Back

[​IMG]Josh Richardson 6'0 184 Senior(RS) Impact Player
    84 OVR 93 SPD 88 ACC 92 MCV 92 ZCV 82 PRS 88 PRC 88 PUR 88 JMP
    OU transfer Josh Richardson gets his one year in the spotlight as he transferred to ULM after his (RS)Sophomore and is essentially one and done. He's not quite the athlete that Allen is nor does he have the size but he makes up for it by having elite skills. His 92 Man/Zone cover rating along with 82 press and 88 play recognition make him formidable in man or zone. While his 88 pursuit and 71 tackling go well enough with his play recognition ability to make him decent at stopping the run as well. He's a guy that is only going to get beat by an elite WR and probably shouldn't be thrown at much.​
    2nd Team: WMU Akeem McCray

[​IMG]Alex Allen 6'4 211 Senior(RS) Impact Player Captain
    81 OVR 93 SPD 89 ACC 89 AGI 99 AWR 91 MVC 79 ZCV 85 PRS 90 JMP
    Allen makes the all NP team for the 3rd consecutive season but after playing the #1 role this time he moves down a peg and is the 2nd corner. The story's the same with him as he's got elite size at 6'4 211 and elite athleticism with 93 speed 90 agility 89 acceleration and 90 jumping. He's got 99 awareness which should allow his 79 zone coverage rating and 76 play recognition to play up. He's a lock down man cover corner with a 91 rating and 85 press rating. Western Michigan's Chance Davis edged out UAB's Dedrick Johnson for the dime corner role.​
    2nd Team: WMU Chance Davis

Free Safety

[​IMG]Malcom Cochran 6'3 210 Senior Impact Player
    92 OVR 96 SPD 90 ACC 89 TAK 90 MCV 90 ZCV 84 POW 91 PUR 92 PRS 86 BSH
    For some reason everyone in the conference has their best safety at the free position as Cochran barely edged out 2nd teamer Brett Brown. There was a host of other safeties I'd rather have on my team over SS Eddie Lewis like ULL's DJ Bush, ULM's Kevin Alvarez, USU's Derrick Hampton & WMU's Jordan Howard & Joe Harrell. Anyways Cochran makes the 1st team for the 3rd consecutive season and every season in the C-USA. He's had a lackluster career on the field when you take into account how highly rated he is but he should turn things around in 2017.​
    2nd Team: UAB Brett Brown

Strong Safety

[​IMG]Eddie Lewis 6'3 203 Junior
    79 OVR 86 SPD 89 ACC 81 TAK 81 ZCV 86 PUR 89 PRS 86 JMP 80 BSH
    Strong safety very well could be the worst position in the conference. I was really tempted to just throw a Free Safety here and say fuck it but instead I just threw the best of the scrubs on here in Lewis. He's a decent athlete with 86 speed and 89 acceleration but he lacks the agility which could help him to play faster. He's not someone you want matched up against a wide receiver and he doesn't excel in coming up to stop the run. He's basically just the 11th guy on the field and nothing more. To his credit he did have 50 tackles 3 FF and 8 interceptions in 2016 so maybe he shows up better on the field. Kent State's Marcus Stanford made 2nd team as he was a slightly worse athlete than Lewis.​
    2nd Team: KSU Marcus Stanford

3. nikpin

And that ain't sayin much!

4. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

My starting tackles are 75 and 74.

5. nikpin

Defense is posted. Better late than never!

• Like Like x 1
  6. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Army with 0. I need to get my talent level up.

7. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Yeah, you need to get on my level where we rep 3 2nd teamers...

8. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Brian Anderson has missed more tackles and sacks this year than the rest of my defense combined... looks like tarzan, plays like jane.

9. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Welcome to the club

10. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

How does wmu have both first team olbs and a second teamer?

11. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

Lmao I just noticed that at others spots too. He has all four tackles!

12. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Cuz his whole team is a lot better than ours, lol

13. nikpin

LOL I thought that was obvious. The criteria for the team is if I was building a team what players would I want on my 2 deep from the conference. Sadly sometimes it mirrors my 2 team as I've out recruited most of you scrubs.

14. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Just wait til next year. The Kent State Golden Qwons will have quite a few guys on the All NP

15. nikpin

Doubtful

• Like Like x 1
  16. DirtycashDylan

I think OU is gonna out recruit Okie Lite this year.

17. nikpin

?

18. DirtycashDylan

Hang on, I'll go draw you a map.

19. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I don't know what you were getting at either...

20. DirtycashDylan

21. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Make that 3...

22. DirtycashDylan

Does that help clear it up for you remedial mother fuckers?

23. nikpin

What do random Oklahoma schools have to do with us?

24. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

I think he is saying higher rated schools(rl- Oklahoma, WMU) will almost always out-recruit lower rated schools(rl - Okie St, the rest of H4Y)... still a reach though Dylan.

25. DirtycashDylan

Nothing. It was an example. It annoys me every time I see you bragging about dominating in recruiting. :)
    Saying you are any good at this game is a reach.