2017 All-Snoopy Freshman Team

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by xtreme snoopy, Mar 2, 2011.

1. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

I figured freshman should get some love so I am creating a team, a la All-NP team, to raise awareness about the up and comers of the league. Freshman and RS Freshman are the only ones eligible, and the player must be on 3rd in their position on the depth chart to receive consideration (4th for WRs, 2nd for QBs, 1st for OL ). Essentially they must have opportunities to see the field each game.

Format will be QB/(2)HB/FB/(2)WR/TE/(5)OL/(2)DE/(2DT)/(3)LB/(2)CB/(2)S (fuck K's and P's)
    some positions, such as OL and LBs, get combined to make it easier on me plus many are interchangable. Also I will not award spots simply to fill them out, I dont want to cheapen it, so if we go a year without a QB or FB for example, then so be it and I would venture that the number of OL will be low some years as they will be required to be a starter in order to make it.

So without further adieu i present the Offense

QB
    RS(Fr) Kent St QB Kevin Davidson (starter)
    77 ovr 75 spd 75 agi 77 acc 66 awr 76 btk 77 elu 81 thp 83 tha
    This position in the conference is dominated by seniors and thus only 3 QBs were eligible for the honor of being the All-Snoopy QB. Davidson beats out USU's Coleman due to his great THA and while maintaining good movement, he looks to be a force and potential All-NP team member.
    Runners Up: USU QB Tyrone Coleman

RS(Fr) WMU QB Bill Alford 6'3" 206 lbs
    83 ovr 75 awr 86 thp 90 tha
    Due to my huge blunder of neglecting WMU's Alford I will be having two All-Snoopy QBs this year. Both are deserving and both have their own specific niche. Davidson has the athletic ability to beat you with his legs, Alford however is more of a statue but with a sniper rifle attached at the shoulder. You would be hard pressed to find a QB with a better arm in the whole NCAA, freshman or otherwise. Our secondaries can only hope for a multiple compound fracture to occur in the near future.

HB
    RS(Fr) Idaho HB Eric Johnson 6'1" 219lbs (2nd string)
    76 ovr 92 spd 83 agi 90 acc 79 btk 81 elu 88 spm
    Immediately caught my eye with his speed and elite acceleration. One of the faster HB on any roster and only 3 ovr points behind senior R.J. Pitts (a speedster in his own right). Lacking a little strength for his size (52 str) but who needs strength when everyone is 10 yards behind you?
    Runner Up: ULL HB Justin McNeil

RS(Fr) WMU HB Mark Henry 5'8" 192lbs (3rd String)
    79 ovr 91 spd 84 agi 84 acc 80 btk 80 elu 87 bcv
    This little scat back has all the makings of being a future H4Y HOF. He plays in a system where a 79 ovr Travis Ruffin ran for over 2000 yards as a Soph. His only issue will be seeing enough playing time sitting behind Ruffin. Still he's got great speed and decent acc/agi ratings. His 76 carry rating is very good and those who have suffered low carry ratings know how important a stat that is. His only knock would be his 54 awr however I'm not sure how that even plays in for HB's.
    Runner Up: Kent St HB Eric Archer

FB
    NO ACCEPTABLE PLAYER

WR
    RS(Fr) WKU WR Jeff Collins 6'1" 194lbs

74 ovr 88 spd 82 agi 80 car 74 spc 83 cit 88 rte 80 jmp 84 rls
    There was a suprising lack of freshman talent in the WR category but I wont hold that against collins. While none of his ratings or size are elite catogory he seems to have a good balance. Excellent route running cannot be understated either and couple that with a good carry rating and you have yourself a good up and coming WR

True Fr EMU WR Jason Corbett 6'5" 198lbs
    64 ovr 95 spd 77 btk 77 car 81 jmp
    Corbett has too low an ovr for me to usually consider him but his size and elite speed get him a spot on the team (had he only been a Redshirt fresh he would have been left off). As a true freshman he needs refinement, but he has the years to do it. Needs better acceleration but if you have a long enough field no reason to not try and lob one up and see if he can outrun his man to get it. Some good off season progression could make him into a very dangerous deep threat.

TE
    True Fr Idaho TE Caleb Carlson 6'6" 249lbs
    75 ovr 79 spd 80 str 79 agi 77 acc 78 bcv 69 cth 72 spc 72 cit 77 rls 77 rbk 79 rbs 72 rbf
    Well shit, honestly do not like Idaho having all these weapons. Elite size for the position as well as speed to get by many LB's in the conference and the blocking ability to slow down many of the elite level DEs in the conference. Lacks higher end pass blocking rating however I dont know why he wouldn't be out as a reciever on any pass play.
    Runner Up: True Fr WKU TE Joe Warren

OL
    True Fr Idaho T Kenneth Tucker 6'6" 290lbs
    74 ovr 78 str 76 pbk 78 rbk 79 rbs 81 rbf 79 pbs 75 pbf
    One of 2 true Fresh on the Idaho line and Tucker is certainly the better of the two. Nothing really stands out with Tucker but there was really nothing to knock him on either. Already better than many of the Offensive lineman in the conference, especially the lower tier teams. Great balance btw Run blocking and pass blocking. Looks to lock down the right side of FMF's line for a good 4 years

True Fr Idaho G Cameron Walker 6'2 332lbs
    70 ovr 78 str 81 acc 77 pbk 71 rbk 82 rbs 75 rbf 79 pbs 75 pbf
    This big load of a man sits next to Kenneth Tucker on Idaho's line, forming a pretty young yet formidable duo. Great strength in the RB and PB but lacks impact blocking (61). Needs to improve his footwork but I expect him to perform well in the future.

True Fr Utah St C Tyler Foster 6'2" 305 lbs
    69 ovr 79 str 90 acc 72 pbk 81 rbk 75 ibl 75 rbs 72 rbf 74 pbs 71 pbf
    Almost didn't include a C but a second gander at Foster made me reconsider. I would probably make him a Guard if he were on my team simply to utilize his elite acceleration on pulling during runs, however he is more than an adequate Center. Questionable footwork is supplemented by good run blocking and decent impact blocking.

True Fr WKU G Joey Gilliam 6'2" 297 lbs
    72 ovr 78 spd 76 str 92 acc 77 pbk 75 rbk 61 ibl 75 rbs 81 rbf 75 pbs 69 pbf
    Gilliam is definately more of a finesse Guard than Idaho's Walker but when he gets to the second level, which he will do quickly with 78 spd/92acc, he is a terror. I have concerns about his footwork in pass-pro but nothing too bad for a freshman. A tandem of him and Foster would be a nightmare for opposing linebackers as they would be on them in a heartbeat

True Fr ULL T Jamie Woods 6'6" 332 lbs
    70 ovr 74 str 77 pbk 72 rbk 77 ibl 72 rbs 74 rbf 79 pbs 79 pbf
    The only ULL freshman to make the offensive team, Woods is certainly the most refined pass blocker on the team. His size and skill set is most suited for the LT position but I'm giving him a season before he takes on that responsibility. He has the best impact blocking rating as well which helps make up for a lack of any discernable acceleration. He has his problems in run blocking but nothing thats much worse than his other counterparts on the All-Snoop line.

Ill put out the Defense tomorrow, congrats to all those that made the team.

DE

True Fr Kent St. DE TyJuan Holden 6’4” 297 lbs
    73 ovr 79 spd 84 acc 78 str 71 tak 76 pwr mv 83 fin mv 78 blk shd 70 pur 75 pwr
    This is one massive individual. He’s built like a DT, and has the skill set of one, but has a pass rushing D-end’s speed and quickness. It makes for one nasty defensive end. Itll be interesting to see if Qwon keeps him on the outside or moves him down to the inside.

True Fr ULL DE/DT Sterling “The Duchess” Archer 6’0” 254lbs
    71 ovr 80 str 84 acc 73 tak 75 pwr mv, fin mv, blk shd 77 pur 72 jmp
    Sterling is a hybrid player for me. He’s got the strength (@ 80) to play down in the middle but I also like moving him back out to DE in my 3-4 base while kicking Sr DE Justin Gould out to OLB. He has already gotten a great amount of game experience and never showed any signs of the game being over his head. He will be a 4 year starter for my D, which is just fine by me

DT
    True Fr WKU DT Jonathan Lewis 6’1” 273lbs
    74 ovr 77 acc 82 str 77 tak 79 pwr mv 70 fin mv 75 blk shd 70 pur 72 pwr
    Lewis is a great player. A true freshman at 74 ovr is always a great get (unless your Nik) and it’s always nice knowing your pretty much set at an important position for, more than likely, 4 seasons. He comes in with great strength, which has been a somewhat lacking commodity in the league. Also has 84 stamina, a great thing to have against some of the high powered offenses of C-USA, it’s always a plus having a guy that can go the distance.

True Fr MTSU Josh Brown 6’4” 293lbs
    69 ovr 79 acc 78 awr 71 str 72 tak 74 pwr mv 60 fin mv 76 blk shd 75 pwr
    It was a two horse race between MTSU’s Brown and Army’s Stephen Wright. Brown gets the nod however due to having a much better skill set, though he lacks the strength of Wright. 71 strength is pretty weak for holding down the interior of the O-Line but his other attributes make up for it. It was his 78 awr that really caught my eye, great rating for a freshman. Ironically enough his power move is his higher rated than finesse, something I wouldn’t expect with 71 str. MTSU is short on talent but CoachRedd at least can take solace in the fact that Brown should be a pretty good C-USA DT when all is said and done.

LB

True Fr USU OLB Mark Rush 6’3” 213lbs
    75 ovr 79 spd 90 acc 70 agi 71 tak, play rec 82 blk shd 83 pur 80 zcv 73 mcv 79 pwr 82 str 75 pwr mv, fin mv 71 jmp
    Rush is just one damn impressive looking individual. Spectacular ratings as for a Freshman (once again unless your Nik) and has the skill set and strength of a great DE in the body of an OLB. Lacks the high end speed you want in an elite OLB however he does have elite acceleration, which Jacob Skinner taught me is sometimes all you need in the movement category. Hell the kid can even cover in the secondary, will be like white on rice whenever a HB or FB comes out of the backfield. Will pair up with fellow freshman MLB Danny Matthews to make quite the intimidating LB corp. (Danny did not make it due to not being a starter)

RS(Fr) WMU OLB Kendall Hargrove 6’2” 223 lbs
    77 ovr 83 spd 90 acc 80 agi, tak, play rec 73 blk shd 64 pur 70 zcv, mcv 80 pwr 77 str 73 pwr mv 76 fin mv 79 jmp
    I almost didn’t want to include Hargrove as he is a redshirt freshman who doesn’t start and he knocks out some other worthy players (like my own OLB Malone) but he’s too impressive a player not to include. He’s got everything you want in an OLB and more. Great speed, elite acceleration, can hit and is even decent in coverage. He’s not without his faults though with 48 awareness and no pursuit ability. Still he would start for most every C-USA team and still has 4 seasons to go. :thumbsup: Nik

True Fr Idaho OLB Jerome Berg 6’0” 222 lbs
    73 ovr 80 spd 74 acc 70 agi 78 tak 79 play rec 75 blk shd 73 pur 72 zcv,pwr 71 mcv 77 str 69 pwr mv 74 fin mv 77 jmp
    Berg isn’t as impressive as his All-Snoopy counterparts nor is he better than USU’s Danny Matthews. But he has a few things going for him. First and foremost he is a starter, this holds a lot of weight in my evaluation process. Secondly Berg is the best linebacking name in the conference IMO. He also doesn’t do any particular thing bad. He has decent speed and has the ability to blow up a play as he will recognize it quickly. He will make a very good, but not great, Linebacker for the Vandals.

CB
    True Fr WMU CB Billy Pennington 6’0” 171lbs
    79 ovr 93 spd, acc 79 agi 70 awr 80 mcv 89 zcv 81 prs 88 play rec 76 pur 89 jmp
    Gosh dangit Nik. Pennington is already one of the top CBs in the conference. A fantastic blend of pure speed and cover ability, he is the definition of a lock down corner. He can press at the line (which we all know is important in the WMU D :thumbsup: ) and understands the offense well enough to even give great support on offensive rushing plays. Should already be in consideration for the All-NP team and will be shutting down receivers at a field near you.

True Fr USU CB Lawrence Lawrence 6’1” 180lbs
    75 ovr 90 spd 85 acc 75 agi 88 mcv 85 zcv 77 play rec 76 pur 86 jmp 71 pwr
    Almost couldn’t be included due to being 4th on the depth chart however with all the pass happy offenses in H4Y he will receive more than adequate playing time, and honestly how could I leave off someone with a double name, shades of Longar Longar. His skill set speaks for itself however and he doesn’t need his name to make the All-Snoopy team. He is suprisingly similar to WMU’s Pennington with only a couple noteworthy differences, mainly a lack of press and awareness. I also think it is worthy to note that even though Steamer has great depth at CB he decided to not shirt him, he was too good to keep off the field.

S
    RS(Fr) WMU FS Jordan Howard 6’1” 190lbs
    80 ovr 95 spd 89 acc 72 agi 89 tak 70 mcv 85 zcv 65 play rec 83 pwr 80 cth 81 pur 77 str 71 jump 75 blk shd
    It’s close to painful to write about about another WMU player but it’s hard to not include what may be the best defensive freshman in the conference. Howard can pretty much do it all and could play just about any position on defense that’s not a hand on the ground position and be a top 5 talent. He’s just that good. Fastest player on the All-Snoopy list. Will hopefully only stay through his RS(Soph) year before wanting to bounce to the league, he should be an AA by that time, which will be a relief to the rest of the H4Y coaches. Very valuable player to Nik as he controls the FS almost exclusively in User play.

No other qualified Safeties

• Like Like x 5
  2. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Great stuff Snoopy. Its much more interesting to hear about the young guns IMO.

Good call on my G Gilliam. Its awesome watching him pull.

3. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Eric Johnson is a beast.

Good stuff snoopy.

4. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I heart Henry. He's actually got a shot to start next year if Ruffin bolts.

Also FWIW my Starting QB is a Freshman...

5. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Very cool stuff. Would like to see this every season.

6. nikpin

We are going to have the battle of the freshman QB's this year.

7. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Good stuff snoop even though I don't have any freshmen studs. I redshirted a few guys who I think could have a shot at making the team next year...

8. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

I guess it's good that I have some freshman studs but not so good that I'm depending on freshmen.

9. xtreme snoopy

Damn so you do, not sure how I missed him, QB I think was the only position I didn't double check... 88 THA is enough for me to throw in an edit, wont take it away from davidson but curtis can get an honorary title

10. xtreme snoopy

yeah its a balance but your young guys are good. I'd kill a homeless man to get your TE

11. xtreme snoopy

Will be done every season, I've considered doing a preseason one and a post season one thats based on stats but I think I'm just going to do a "what did they do in the season" edit at the end

12. xtreme snoopy

definitely not a knock on a team to not have a player chosen. And thats the beauty of a All-freshman team in that theres 100% turnover from season to season

13. nikpin

You actually put my 3rd stringer up my starter is named Bill Alford.

14. xtreme snoopy

damn didnt think to look for an 80+ freshman, fixed soon as I'm done editing the defense

15. nikpin

Yea that TE is sick. I need to get me one of dem.

16. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Psh, he coulnd't hold GJ's jock strap

17. xtreme snoopy

Well just lost my DLine write up (thanks Word) but I'll get it banged back out when I get home from errands. Also giving Allford a 2nd QB spot and write up.

18. nikpin

Yea he was a :5stars: bitch.

19. xtreme snoopy

untangle the panties from your vagina, he's getting a spot and write up too no worries

20. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

behind Kevin Davidson...

21. nikpin

Sorry obscure rap reference.

22. xtreme snoopy

unlike dylan, she pays her bills on time!

23. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

^ this. but im back

24. xtreme snoopy

Finishing up the Defense as we speak, finishing up with LBs then just have CBs and safeties to go

25. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Taking so long, we've started to lose interest.