2017 All-Snoopy Team: Retrospective

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by xtreme snoopy, Mar 30, 2011.

1. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

With the end of the regular season I thought it would be a good idea to look back and see which players really made a difference and which ones fizzled.

QBs

Kent State's Kevin Davidson (173.2 rtg, 202-302, 20TDs-15 INTs, 2 rushing TDs) : Davidson looks to have had a pretty decent year. He finished 5th in the conf for passing yards yet 9th for TD passes. He clearly had some freshman mistakes with 15 INTs but thats not unexpected for a freshman to do.

WMU's Bill Alford (212.7 rtg, 147-203, 27-10): Alford leads the conference in QB rating with a 212, UAB's Nelson Frazier was the only other QB close with a 194. Alford also only threw 10 INTs all year, impressive numbers for the kid. Lead his team to another undefeated season and a #1 ranking.

RBs

Idaho's Eric Johnson (762 yds on 88 att, 8.6 avg and 9 TDs, 0 fum): Johnson looks to have had a great year for FMF and the rest of the potato heads. An 8.6 ypc average is nothing to scoff at especially when the kid is white. His 0 fumbles is the stat that really sticks out to me, great ball control from the young kid.

WMU's Mark Henry (615 yds on 63 carries, 9.7 avg and 5 TDs, 0 fum): Henry had a great year in his own right, surpassing Johnson's average. He's small, he's fast, he's dangerous and he's only getting better next season

WRs

WKU's Jeff Collins (22 reception for 447 yards and 4 TDs, 0 drops): I knew it was a bad sign when i couldn't find Collins' stats on the conference page and saw why when I got the WKU's stat board. DCD either targeted Jr Brent Jenkins (59 rec) or HB Corey Douglas (37 rec) when he went to the passing game. Collins appears to have lead the secondary group of wideouts though, amassing the same amount of yards as Douglas on 15 less grabs. He also boasts the highest catch average on the team.

EMU's Jason Corbett (58 receptions for 1143 yards and 7 TDs, 11 drops): Corbett didn't make me regret putting him on the All-Snoopy list. Perhaps its his skills or perhaps its the lack of skill of pretty much everyone else around him, but he put up fantastic numbers. He's 5th overall in passing yards, 4th among WRs. Look for several more 1000 yd seasons from him in the future

TE

Idaho's Caleb Carlson (51 receptions for 802 yards and 12 TDs, 11 drops): Carlson certainly did not disappoint this season, tying for 2nd for yards among TE's (MTSUs Fischer lead with a nice creamy and cheesy 1400 yards). He also tied for second among receptions on his team, clearly FMF saw him as a legitimate and dangerous player in the passing game.

Lineman: Im just going to assume they played well

DEs

Kent St's TyJuan Holden (41 total tak, 34 solo 7atk 19tfl, 12 sacks, 3 ff): Monster year for the big man from Kent State. Lead the conference in sacks and tied ULL's OLB Ben Holt in tackles for loss. Amazing season for the true freshman, qwon has a good one for sure.

ULL's Sterling Archer (19 total tak 10 solo 9 atk 5 tfl 1 sack 1 defl): Archer is my hybrid DE/DT player but ended up playing more at DT then I had anticipated going into the season. His numbers are poor and he certainly appeared over his head in some situations, still he flashed moments of brilliance from time to time and I am no way discouraged by his 1st season

DTs

WKU's Jonathan Lewis (35 total taks, 24 solo 11 atk 14 tfl, 7 sacks, 1 defl, 1ff): I keep running out of ways to say great season with all the successes on the All-Snoopy board, and Lewis certainly deserves another way to say great season. 14 tackles for loss and 7 sacks is a great day at the office for a DT, especially a young one, congrats to the big man and Dylan for a good season.

MTSU's Josh Brown (16 total taks, 8 solo 8 atk 6 tfl, 2 sacks 1 ff): A pretty mediocre season for Brown. He had the least amount of upside for his first season on the All-Snoopy team though so I was not expecting a whole lot more from him however. I was still hoping to be surprised though.

LBs

USU's Mark Rush (24 total taks, 18 solo 6 atk 4 tfl 0 sacks, 4 defl): I thought Rush would have put up better stats than what he did. They arent terrible but when you compare them to other LBs he was low across the board. Its a shame because on paper he was my favorite of the All-Snoop LBs

WMU's Kendall Hargrove (16 total taks, 14 solo 2 atk 3 tfl, 1 sack, 1 defl): As mediocre as Rush's stats ended up Hargrove's were worse. Im not sure why the numbers arent there, I can only assume some bad assness on the part of WMU's other LB's and Dline are to blame, but they're pretty low all the same. I'll hope Rush and Hargrove have much improved sophmore seasons.

Idaho's Jerome Berg (50 total taks, 34 solo 16 atk 9 tfl, 0 sacks, 1 INT, 4 defl, 2 fum rec): Berg was as awesome as Rush and Hargrove were disappointing. His tackle stats are better than those two's combined. He also rounded out his numbers with an INT and 2 fumble recoveries, fantastic year for Berg.

CBs

USU's Lawrence Lawrence (34 total taks, 23 solo 11 atk 4 tfl, 2 sacks, 2 INTs, 5 defl, 2 ff, 1 rec): The Double named corner back from utah state was also a double edged sword to opposing offenses by getting scrappy near the LOS while providing good coverage in the secondary. Good all around numbers and Steamer should be proud of his latest and greatest toy in his defensive aresenal.

WMU's Billy Pennington (35 total taks, 23 solo 12 atk 2 tfl, 0 sacks, 1 INT, 5 defl, 1 ff): Pennington has very similar numbers to Lawrence and deserves the same praise. Didn't have the sack numbers that Lawrence obtained but is only the small point of contention.

Safety

WMU's Jordan Howard (41 total taks, 29 solo, 12 atk 4 tfl, 0 sacks, 2 INTs, 8 defl, 1 ff, 1 rec): Howard had a great year (as to be expected being user controlled for a good amount of playtime). Most deflections on the All-Snoopy team and ties for most INTs and second most total tackles. Reiterating what I said in my original write up, I hope he goes pro after this next season.

Congrats to all those who made the team once again and also to having great seasons. Not one member fell of the map completely and each had their own bright spots. Keep an eye out as the latest addition of the All-Snoopy team will be coming very soon with a new season already on the horizon.

• Like Like x 3
  2. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Nice post. I actually played Howard out of position at SS ans usered the other guy but I doubt he stays all 4 years as Ill take that over next year. Hargrove was limited to special teams and backup duty but should start as a sophomore.

3. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

In my game against JKyle Eric Johnson had a run that gave me a chub. Did an auto-stepback juke that put him at a dead stop, and then from there took off like a rocket and outraced the defenders that were closing in for a Touchdown. I need to load hat one on YouTube.

5. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Ya Rush played the 3rd LB spot and most offenses I faced forced me into nickle and dime sets a lot. Rush had some moments though, and almost moved him up but my other OLB is an impact player. Lawrence "X2" Lawrence was a big addition and stepped up even more after my #1 cb went down