2017 Conference Championship Game

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Feb 4, 2013.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Jul 10, 2009

This one looked like it could get away from me early after Nik scored on the opening possession and then sacked my QB and caused a fumble. It was 14-0 Brown before I could blink an eye.

But we play 7 minute quarters for a reason.

QB Randall Capps ran one in from 2 yards out in the 2nd quarter to narrow the gap to 7-14. Then, our stifling defense got us the ball back and Capps hit the slot for a 51 yard TD. 14 all.

Nik drove back down the field and was barely able to toss one in from the 1 yard line before the end of the half. 14-21 Brown.

We got the ball to start the 2nd half and SR WR Isiah Wilson made the biggest play of his career, a 30 yard jump ball that he then took in for the score. 21 all.

Nik then threw, under pressure, to his RB on a flare but the best defensive player in the league (and the guy I use) SS Kevin Mason (POTG 4 tak, 2 sacks, 3 INT, 3 DEF, 1 TD) stepped in front and took it 83 yards for 6 and the lead (video is uploaded).

Next play, I call a Cover 3 and my slot corner presses and sinks underneath Nik's slot that is flaring out. Another pick6. 35-21 Yale.

Nik drove back down and looked like he was about to score and get right back in the game, but he threw a pick in the endzone (from the 3 yard line).

We kicked a FG just to be safe to make the final score 38-21. Nik threw 5 picks while our only turnover was a fumble on a sack.

This is two big comebacks in a row with Dartmouth and Brown. This is a team that won't be denied. This is a team with a taste for crystal. This is a team of destiny. This. Is. Yale.

Bring on the Buckeyes.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013