2017 Conference Championship Game

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Feb 4, 2013.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Yale-38
    Brown-21

This one looked like it could get away from me early after Nik scored on the opening possession and then sacked my QB and caused a fumble. It was 14-0 Brown before I could blink an eye.

But we play 7 minute quarters for a reason.

QB Randall Capps ran one in from 2 yards out in the 2nd quarter to narrow the gap to 7-14. Then, our stifling defense got us the ball back and Capps hit the slot for a 51 yard TD. 14 all.

Nik drove back down the field and was barely able to toss one in from the 1 yard line before the end of the half. 14-21 Brown.

We got the ball to start the 2nd half and SR WR Isiah Wilson made the biggest play of his career, a 30 yard jump ball that he then took in for the score. 21 all.

Nik then threw, under pressure, to his RB on a flare but the best defensive player in the league (and the guy I use) SS Kevin Mason (POTG 4 tak, 2 sacks, 3 INT, 3 DEF, 1 TD) stepped in front and took it 83 yards for 6 and the lead (video is uploaded).

Next play, I call a Cover 3 and my slot corner presses and sinks underneath Nik's slot that is flaring out. Another pick6. 35-21 Yale.

Nik drove back down and looked like he was about to score and get right back in the game, but he threw a pick in the endzone (from the 3 yard line).

We kicked a FG just to be safe to make the final score 38-21. Nik threw 5 picks while our only turnover was a fumble on a sack.

This is two big comebacks in a row with Dartmouth and Brown. This is a team that won't be denied. This is a team with a taste for crystal. This is a team of destiny. This. Is. Yale.

Bring on the Buckeyes.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013