2017 game summaries

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by smlVICTORIES53, Dec 9, 2012.

1. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Gt 26 - ark 10

Doing this from phone so it will be short. The key to this game was the gt defense. They forced 6 turnovers and kept arkansas from having any kind of success on the ground. The offense moved the ball well enough to get some kind of points on most possessions.. having a kicker that csn make 60yd field goals does help.

Gg Gyrene76.

2. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

GG smalls, the amount of interceptions thrown was mind numbing.

Good luck rest of the way.

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Virginia has gotten out of the gate by hammering some bad squads. Penn State came in ranked #6 but they were baaaaaad. Arkansas State gave us a much better game than PSU did. With Penn State the score would have gotten much more out of hand if it weren't for the rain, some bad breaks, and a wrong button push INT returned for a score. (wide open guy deep).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Second Verse, same as the first

The last time Miami and Virginia lined it up, Miami turned the ball over several times as Virginia's offense ran away with the game. In this game the theme was similar. Miami made key mistakes, and Virginia capitalized. The big difference was with turnovers that were returned for touchdowns - or close to touchdowns - relegating Virginia's offense irrelevant for much of the day. The result was a 38-7 win for the #1 Cavaliers who will face hated Georgia Tech next week.

Miami compiled 344 yards of offense, including 297 yards passing, and therefore moved the ball pretty well. The problem was five interceptions. MLB Mike Baker came away with two, including one on the UVA 4-yard line which was returned 96 yards for a touchdown. Cornerback Casey McDonald came away with the other three, including one returned for a touchdown and one that was returned to the 13-yard line.

When Virginia did have the ball, we moved it well. Patrick Williams went 5-7 for 137 yds and a TD, and HB Kenny Bailey plowed for 142 yards on 22 carries, with 2 TD.

Right now Miami is pressing when playing the Cavaliers. They need to play more loose at times, but be more careful at other times. In the end we know they won't all be like this one.

GG charter04

• Like Like x 1
  5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

didnt sound like a GG at all.

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

dislike priggo

He is a good sport when things go south which makes him a great fit for our league - and he beat smalls so that tells me he's good and just needs to play the same way against Commissioner Messywires. You learn a lot more about the new guys when they struggle than you would otherwise.

Do you think they'd let me change my forum name to Commissioner Messywires

• Like Like x 1
  7. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Yea right now your someone I haven't played good against. I'm 1-1 vs brave. 2-1 v mo and 1-0 v Smalls. I'm a combined 0-4 v you and twist. I really need to focus more and quit having TO's. I do think I pressed and tried to do too much. Your a good player too, so that makes a difference.

8. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Beating gt is like a normal person winning the special olympics. Bad measuring stick

9. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Wow, I must be a potato, or some other inantimate object.

10. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

NC State never has :(

[​IMG]

11. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

12. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Lie

13. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

The Tigers beat him............twice. That should say something.:2stars:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Oh JUUGGGGSSS

I think there's a small chance you may have left aggressive strip attempts on before you quit out?

That's why I super-simmed the majority of the game, and hence the high final score, every time we had the ball I'd see plays like this and it got lame fast.

Official Game Summary

UVA and NC State played to a 17-17 tie into the early 4th Quarter before the game disconnected with NC State driving. We therefore restarted and played a one-quarter game with Juggy getting the ball first. We managed to get a pivotal stop and then scored, got the ball back again, and would have ran out the clock so the "official" score would have been 24-17.

NC State's corners were doing a good job of running the routes ahead of my guys, only way to describe it. Every time they called a zone things were getting ugly (gaping holes and guys running wide open) so there was a lot of man defense being called and we made some mistakes, but also big plays against it.

On defense we were putting ourselves in position to make things happen at times but for the most part not really following through on it. And NC State kept capitalizing with big plays and that's why we had a shootout (LOL) going into the fourth quarter at 17 all.

Anyway this answers some questions for me about the cpu. It seems they don't adjust their game strategy so that is why you see them come out aggressive and then play that way the entire game, or basically rarely change up their strategy.

GG man, other than the disco lameness it was a really close one and a fun one. NYJuggalo45

One bright spot for the Cavaliers was MLB Mike Baker. In the first game Baker was all over the field, 2 or 3 times he made tackles that prevented huge gains, and he made his 5th INT in the season. In the second game he managed to make the 5th INT again and had 6 tackles total, still a decent game.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  15. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    BOSTON COLLEGE- 42, WASHINGTON- 30
    ---First game of the season and we came out pretty strong offensively but defensively, we were flat. The Huskies simply had their way going up and down the field with relative ease. It worried us a bit for the opening game but we eventually made some key plays, as we picked off their QB 3 times on the game. JR-QB Darius Lucas started off his junior year with a bang, throwing for 378yds and 5TD's on the game.

JR-QB Darius Lucas- 24/31, 378yds, 5TD's, INT
    FR-RB Kenneth Moore- 6car, 38yds, 3rec, 29yds, TD
    JR-TE Tyler O'Connor- 5rec, 111yds, TD
    FR-WR Joey Joseph- 3rec, 90yds, 2TD's
    JR-FS Dan Holt- 6 tackles, sack

BOSTON COLLEGE- 66, AKRON- 17
    ---After the close contest with Washington, we flexed our muscle, blowing out Akron. Lucas was pretty reckless with the ball, throwing 3 picks on the game but otherwise was a monster, completing over 70% of his passes and throwing for over 400yds and 5TD's again. The key in this game was the run game presented itself, via FR-RB Kenneth Moore. Moore rushed for 104yds and a TD, while Manny Fields rushed for 81yds and 2TD's. Also joining in on the fun was FR-RB Ken Holliday, who rushed for 55yds and a TD. Pretty much a great game on both side, aside from the 3 turnovers by Lucas.

Darius Lucas- 20/28, 415yds, 5TD's, 3INT's
    Kenneth Moore- 15car, 104yds, TD, 3rec, 45yds
    Manny Fields- 9car, 81yds, 2TD's
    Neal Hall-, 6rec, 116yds, TD
    Tyler O'Connor- 4rec, 101yds, 2TD's
    Jason Hill- 2rec, 82yds, TD

BOSTON COLLEGE- 43, NORTH CAROLINA STATE- 28 (NYJuggalo45)
    ---Big time game, where we flexed our muscle via the ground game, which has been a surprise considering we are more of a passing first type team. FR-RB Kenneth Moore has run away with the starting RB spot and shined in this game with 16 carries, 124yds and a TD. He really helped control the ground game. Also key was Lucas' ability to not force the ball in the passing game as he did not turn the ball over and threw 2TD's. The defense was solid and they bent a few times but did not break, in fact, causing two interceptions off NCSTATE QB's.

Darius Lucas- 13/19, 196yds, 2TD's
    Kenneth Moore- 16car, 124yds, TD, 3rec, 26yds
    Jason Hill, 3rec, 41yds, TD
    Andrew Patrick- 7 tackles, INT, FF
    Lonnie Williams- 4 tackles, INT

BOSTON COLLEGE- 42, MIAMI- 32 (31-28 ACTUAL FINAL) charter04
    ---Due to a disconnect, this was played in two games. In the real final, Lucas threw 2 big time TD passes in the "4th quarter" which gave the Eagles the lead. But Miami was persistent, driving down the field and making some rather miraculous plays in the passing game. With 24 seconds left, Miami's QB made a big time error, throwing a huge pick as S Pat Williams made an amazing play to seal the game.

Darius Lucas- 21/30, 311yds, 5TD's, 2INT's
    Kenneth Moore- 10car, 31yds, 5rec, 28yds
    Neal Hall- 4rec, 118yds, 4TD's
    Andrew Patrick- 6 tackles, sack
    Dan Holt- 5 tackles, INT

GEORGIA TECH- 20, BOSTON COLLEGE- 17 (smlVICTORIES53)
    ---This was a heartbreaking game. We had opportunities to close this game out. We took huge gambles, like going for it in goalline situations and not converting (nor getting points of any kind), or causing GT's offense to punt and not being able to move the ball to at least get into FG range. GT simply was more stout when they needed to be and they got a big time play at the end of the game to get them into FG range where they would kick the game winner.

Darius Lucas- 15/23, 279yds, 2TD's, INT
    Kenneth Moore- 12car, 53yds
    Joey Joseph- 5rec, 100yds, TD
    Tyler O'Connor- 3rec, 103yds
    Andrew Patrick, 6 tackles, sack
    Don Johnson- 3 tackles, 2 sacks

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

UVA kicks field goal as time expires to take down Georgia Tech

[​IMG]
    John Perry makes the clutch catch that won the game for UVA

Tied at 31 apiece after Georgia Tech had a clutch drive to tie, we had approximately 60 seconds left due to calling all three timeouts once Ga Tech was in goal-to-go. We got a return to the 22 yard line, and were able to complete a couple of passes to get near mid field. We called a run trying to fool them and it got about 8 yards instead of the first down so we were scrambling a bit with the clock running. We completed a short pass for a first down, spiked it, and then had to get another chunk in order to get within field goal range. Patrick Williams found John Perry on a clutch deep comeback, he got off the jam beautifully and was able to muscle his way upfield and then make the quick cut back, shielding the ball. That stopped the clock momentarily with 7 seconds left as we hurried to the line, spiked the ball again, and kicked a "freeze you" field goal from the left hash from 43 yards out to win the game.

To get to that point we had some lucky breaks but every time I bring that up somebody gives me crap. We really did have lucky breaks in this one, enough it felt like big breaks. Suffice to say we're not going to give it back but we feel fortunate. GG smlVICTORIES53

Ga Tech took the opening kick and got a field goal. Patrick Williams threw a pick 6 on the next play that was returned for a touchdown. For the rest of the game he made up for it, going 22/30, 370 Yds, 4 TD as we clawed back looking for stops however we could get them and getting a couple of key stops despite giving up 8 yards a pop on the fullback give. WR Kevin Lane caught 4 for 83 1 TD, John Huggins caught 3 for 73 1 TD, and Perry caught 5 for 69, 2 TD.

34-31 win, facing Maryland after a bye week. We have advanced to Week 8 by the way!

Good week guys, let's do it again.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  17. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Week 6 at Boise State

The Bulldogs' defense played a solid game except for allowing a long rushing TD in the first quarter. Mississippi State finished the game with 3 interceptions, including a pick six by CB Tony Bobo. The offense also played well led by an efficient performance by QB J.J. Pruitt. The senior QB rushed for 113, including a 79-yard TD, and passed for 184 yards. MSU finished with 432 offensive yards, 207 pass yards and 225 rush yards.

MSU 47
    Boise State 10

Week 7 vs Vanderbilt

With most of its recruits in the stands, Mississippi State used Vandy as a whipping post. MSU put 70 points on the board and scored everytime the offense took the field. The Bulldogs racked up 26 first downs and converted every 3rd down attempt. The offense was very balanced with 273 passing yards and 270 rush yards. Pruitt finished with 4 total touchdowns. Sophomore receiver Michael Joseph led the team with 121 receiving yards and 2 receiving touchdowns. On the defensive side MSU picked off 3 passes and tallied 5 QB sacks. Vanderbilt QB Zach Williams completed just 9 of 23 attempts.

MSU 70
    Vanderbilt 7

18. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Miami 41 Illinois 0

This game was all about the Hurricane Defense. They completely down the Illinois offense. They held them to 158 yards of offense. The Miami Offense didn't play spectacular but, got the job done.

RB- K. McLaughlin 16car, 125yard, 1td
    TE-N. Brewster 10ctch, 105yds, 1TD
    LB-J. Tyler 6Tk 2sk

Miami 35 Hawai'i 10

Hawai'i put up a pretty good fight in this game but, Miami's passing game was too much. Despite 4 TO's Miami still did enough come away with a solid win. TO's have been the thorn in the Hurricane's flesh this year. Way too many.

QB-K. Sherman 29/40 302yds, 3TD, 4Int
    RB-K. McLaughlin 14car, 92yds, 2TD

Miami 23 Miss. St 13

This was a game that Miami was fortunate in. The coach of the Bulldogs was MIA so it wasn't quite what it could have been. The Bulldogs still put up a great fight and at times seemed to be controlled by the human coach. The game came down to TO's. Miss St. moved the ball well but, couldn't overcome three key TO's.

QB- K. Sherman 18/22 189yds
    RB- K. McLaughlin 19car, 79yds
    CB- D. Avery 1INT

Miami 38 North Carolina 31

This game was a battle. The Tar Heals came to play and Miami was lucky to come away with victory. It might not have happened if NC didn't have 3 key turnovers. This was, as usually is the case, the key to the game. Both teams moved the ball well but, Miami made plays when they needed to. This was a much needed win for the Hurricane's after having a two game losing streak.

QB- K. Sherman 15/17 242yds, 2tds, 0! Int's
    RB- K. McLaughlin 24car, 106yds
    WR- C. Brown 4cth, 128yds, 2tds

Miami 37 FSU 34

This was one crazy game! The CPU seemed determined to win at all costs. This was one of the least fun wins I have had in a long time because of the CPU's crap. Here was one incredibly crazy play.There were a few other ones but, I didn't feel like recording them.

This summed up what the CPU wanted this game to be. This was ruled a catch! How IDK. I challenged it and the play stood. How you make a one handed catch with the ground as your other hand and it be a legit catch I'll never know. Total cheating bull trying to force me to lose. Luckily I weathered the storm and pulled out the victory.

It's crazy how many yards it took for me to over come all the CPU's craziness. Yes I made some mistakes and had some bad throws too.

QB- K. Sherman 20/36 359yds, 1td
    RB- K. McLaughlin 19car, 91yds, 1td
    WR- C. Brown 4cth 126yds, 1td

Miami 28 ND 10

Miami had a nice game plan going into this game and stuck with it. Run first and let the run set up the pass. They have had way to many turnovers this year so they have to play it smart and hold on to the football. They did a good job of it against the Irish. They had one hickup but, it was a deep pass with one on one coverage and was just a good play by the defense.

In the end Miami's defense played a really nice game and held ND in check.

QB- K. Sherman 15/19 232yds, 2tds
    RB- K. McLaughlin 21car, 99yds, 1TD
    WR- C. Brown 5cth, 136yds, 2tds
    DE- K. Hamby 5sks

With about half the season in the books the Hurricane's record stands at 6-2. They still have some key games left but, it's clear that the less att's Sherman has the better. If they get the ground game going and let it set up the pass they have pretty good success. They really have to focus on forcing more turnovers than they give up every game.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Lmao
    Somehow the guy one handed the ball while off the deflection and grabbed it on the way down...that was an awful "catch" smh...CPU sometimes be cheating

20. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I always just try to take it in stride when the cpu gives me a game, even if it's bad breaks, cheesy stuff, badly done animations and ball tracking like you pointed out there, or whatever it is. I get to pound the ever-loving crap out of them in 95% of the games. Bad breaks, bad officiating, stuff you'd NEVER think would happen are what routinely loses teams games in real football. I always try to keep that in mind, and that is how I try to view a bad play at the start of the game that might snowball on me, just keep it in perspective and keep playing. Good comeback.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

It's badly done animations and/or ball tracking, I have seen a ton of INT, some I've benefitted from, where they seemingly pick it off the ground.

22. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Yea I know. I've been playing EA college football games since Bill Walsh so I should be used to the CPU cheating by now. I don't throw my controller like I used to. So that's a step in the right direction. Ha ha ha

23. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Maryland: 26 Georgia Tech: 23 OT

Coach Twist's team must have taken some serious sleeping pills to start the game against GTech as the Techers opened up a 17-0 lead capped off by a 90 yard rumble by FB Marques Jenkins. Much like a goalie change in hockey, the Terps switched from impact QB Dane Fields to strong armed RS SO Matt Covington, who promptly led the Terps downfield to a 9 yard TD run by Jon Anderson. The Terps defense held and gave the ball back to HB Justin Brooks, who rumbled 69 yards to set up a 41 yard FG by Eric Heard. Then after the KO, a fumble by the Tech QB gave the Terps a chance to cut into the lead with a 46 yard FG again by Heard, making the score 17-13 Tech going into halftime.

The third quarter would be limited to Tech extending their lead 23-13 on 2 Parks FGs, but the 4th would belong to Maryland as another Heard FG and a 1 yard TD plunge by Brooks with 22 seconds left would send the game into OT.

The Tech got the ball only to have SS Derrick Hodge step in front of the pass and pick it off. The Terps would complete the miracle comeback with yet another Heard FG to win 26-23.

GG Smalls. Too bad the momentum just shifted totally in my direction after the QB change.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  24. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Mississippi State 66
    Ole Miss 24

This game went the way predicted by experts. Mississippi State won another game over its in-state rival. J.J. Pruitt finished with 5 passing touchdowns and added a rushing score. He already owns the school record for passing touchdowns and he tied the record for rushing touchdowns in this game. At this point it is safe to say, he is the best offensive player to ever suit up at Mississippi State. Backup QB Billy Hood will be one of the quarterbacks with a shot at replacing Pruitt next season. In this game Hood showed off some very nice moves in the running game and he made a couple nice pass plays. Hood finished with 101 yards passing, 61 yards rushing and 2 touchowns (1 pass and 1 rush). Senior WR Matt Harris had his best game with 175 receiving yards and 3 touchdowns. The defense gave up some yards but made some big plays. The biggest play was a pick six by defensive tackle Cedric Rogers.

25. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Leierer Shines on Senior Night in 56-21 Win over Rival Va Tech

On senior night, Luis Leierer, a fifth-year senior 93 OVR halfback who never got a legitimate shot at the full-time gig, went off. Without Kenny Bailey healthy, Leierer was starting in place of backup Dwayne Porter due to the fact that it was senior night as well as the snowy conditions. We figured this would be a real muck-sloggerand it was, at least for a quarter as the UVA team was simply not holding blocks.

QB Patrick Williams made a bad read on a play where the defender looked like he was going to do one thing in zone and then suddenly ran right at the intended target out of the blue, picked it, and took it back to the house with 10 seconds remaining in the first quarter and Va Tech was up 7-0 just like that.

However that would be the end of the line for the Hokies. Leierer scored on a 61-yard touchdown run two plays later and then scored three touchdowns in the quarter, running through gaping holes as the team started mauling the Technical Ones in the trenches.

Meanwhile, Williams slowly worked his way back into a groove after the horrible interception as he finished 21-26 with 390 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT on the night. Five players had at least three catches as Williams worked everyone into the action.

Middle Linebacker Mike Baker had 10 solo tackles, 12 overall, and a forced fumble as he continues to be the heart and soul of a defense that has improved as the season has worn on.