2017 Legacy Recruiting

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

[​IMG] Alabama Crimson Tide Recruiting Week 1

Alabama starts the season off on a high note signing three players in Week 1.

At the top of the list is :5stars: #1 DE Chad Robinson. Robinson is a 6'0" 218 Pass Rusher from Miramar, FL and the first highly touted DE we've brought in since we've been here. He may have to sit year 1, but he'll be a three year starter after that.​

SPD ACC AGI STR TKL PMV FMV BSH PUR HTP
    B- B+ C C C+ B B B- B-

Next on the list are :4stars: #1 G Jeremy Black and #1 SS Devon Harmon.

Picking up a quality G is great for the Tide, and hopefully this will give us a chance to start building a stable of great O lineman. Black is 6'4" 282lbs from Wade Hampton, SC and labeled as a Pass Blocker.​

SPD ACC AGI PBK RBK IBL STR RBF/S PBF/S
    C B+ C B B- C+ B+ C B

Lastly, Devon Harmon, from Wiggins, MS labeled as a Hard Hitter. What this kid lacks in speed he makes up for with a hard nose style and being in the right position at the right time. He's 6'1" 185lbs and we're happy to have him since we'll be losing both our SS and FS next season.​

SPD ACC AGI TKL MCV ZCV PRC HTP PUR BSH
    B- A- C- C+ B- B+ C+ B+ C+ B-

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

[​IMG]

Alabama signs their fourth #1 recruit this season in :5stars: TE Justin Massey. Massey is a 6'6" 250lb blocking TE out of Cocoa, FL.​
    He doesn't have top end speed (C+), but has good hands and decent blocking skills. He has a very high break tackle (B+) and we may be interested in seeing him at the fullback spot, who knows...​

4. Hova

:5stars: #1 QB Landon Hale FL

Michigan gets a big splash in recruiting with the first commit of the season, 5 Star QB Landon Hale. He is a pure pocket passer with his best 2 attributes being B+ THP and THA. He will redshirt next season behind UofMs abundant amount of upper class men QB talent. He could very well be a RS FRS starter for UofM and the leader of the Run n Shoot offense.

5. Hova

:4stars:MLB Terry Lee 6'1 228 lbs Greenville, MI

UofM gets a lil HOME COOKIN with this backyard backer. He is the 4th ranked MLB in the nation with solid speed and nice pursuit. He will most likely redshirt and find time in the 3-4 defense in the future.

:4stars:QB Anthony Oliver 6'1 192 lbs Landen, OH

Michigan steals ANOTHER recruit from abolishthefed in our yearly dominance of the recruiting bed that is Ohio. With B+ THP and B- THA, Oliver has some potential to play QB for Michigan. He is shorter than we like at QB but has the arm to make the throws in this offense. He will RS for sure behind the other 5 Star QB and our big Junior Class of QBs.

6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Georgia's board is up to date as of this week

CB #2 Charles Mackey A- Speed; B+ Man cover, Zone cover
    WR #2 Marcus Frye B+Speed, Carrying; B Accel, Agility
    OLB #1 Jesse Green B+ Accel; B Speed, B Pursuit, B Zone Cover
    C #1 Timothy Meeks B+ Accel; B- Strength, Strength
    CB #4 Cory Jacobs A- Speed; B+ Acceleration, Agility
    TE #3 Antonio Walker B Catch in Traffic, B Break Tackle; C+ Speed, Accel, Catching (Moving him to FB, 6'2 236)

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

A couple more kids chose to play collegiate football in Athens

CB #1 Reggie Watkins - A speed, Man cover; B+ Accel, Play recog.; B Agility, Jumping

ATH #10 Dave Blanco - A- Speed; B+ Accel; B Agility, Route running

So far Georgia has used 8 of its 11 scholarships. No signed player is ranked lower than 55 in the entire recruiting pool and only one player is outside of top 5 at his position, Blanco.

8. Hova

:4stars:FS Joe Harrison 6'3 201 lbs Midwest City, OK

UofM gets a commit from the #1 FS in the nation, who chose Michigan over Alabama. He is a freak athlete with A+ speed and A- hit power, he has very strong accel and stamina as well. He will be an immediate star in the Michigan secondary, and may play next year depending on depth.

:3stars:ATH Dominique Bell 6'6 234 lbs Cockeysville, MD

We pulled this 3 star ATH out of Maryland who we look to play at WR. He has what we are looking for with a huge 6'6 frame and A Speed. His downfall is that he cannot catch a cold in the winter with D catching, but hopefully he can catch the ball when he is wide open downfield. He may need to redshirt just to work on his hands and route running for a season.

:4stars:CB David Harrington 5'11 160 lbs Burton, MI

Another much needed CB here, he lacks size but makes up for with speed and very solid cover skills. He should be a legit starter in 1-2 years.

:5stars: ATH Eric Lane 6'4 220 lbs Page, AZ

This was a prospect we came on to late but saw immense potential in. He has a huge frame and has some of the best skills I have seen in awhile. He should make a star LB with 6'4 frame, B+ Speed, B+ Accel, C+ Hit, B- Tackle, B- MC and ZC. He is well rounded in skill and very high for a freshman. He should come in highly rated and should be a huge difference maker for UofMs 3-4 defense.

9. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Safety. :)

He will be too fast for LB.

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Great sign Hova!

Bama has finished recruiting for the regular season, and currently hold the #3 recruiting class. We're gonna save our last 3 scholarships for the off season.

They add to their list:

#2 T Anthony Morris - 6'6" 319lbs - Watertown, WI
    #12 T Ben Richards - 6'6" 297lbs - Adamsville, AL
    #2 C Tyler Dorsey - 6'3" 273lbs - Adamsville, AL
    #3 DT Antonio Williams - 6'1" 287lbs - Satsuma, AL
    #2 OLB Kevin Phillips - 6'5" 217lbs - Port Washington, NY

11. Wick36

#1 HB Ross Kenneth
    #1 DT Blake Williams
    #59 JUCO QB Kevin Bush
    #118 JUCO WR Brian Johnson
    #24 JUCO HB Doug Roach

12. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I added the #2 ATH and #3 overall player to my class. He is projected as a WR, which will be his highest rated positon, but will likely line up at HB for the Bulldogs. He should still be a 78 or 79 at HB based on skills, probably an 80 or 81 overall at WR. I need running backs and this class was very lacking in backs, especially since LSU signed the top back in week 1. I will add a :4stars: JUCO ATH that projects as a HB, but I'd like to add at least 2 backs this season.

I also added a couple WR's in this class prior to this signing, including a :5stars: , so WR is not a high demand position for my team. At minimum I should have 3 :5stars: WR's on my squad next season, including the 1 recruit from this season. Tolbert and Jess Jones are both expected to return. Mitchell will probably go pro and Schroeder is another possible early departure.

13. Wick36

#4 ATH Danny Lewis - Pretty much a clone of William Seward, but bigger. Should be just as good for me.

#3 MLB Marcus Bryant - Good speed, good strength for a LB. Can do everything pretty well.

#2 G Russ Owens - Solid size, good strength. Excels is run blocking, not bad in pass protection.

#5 G Joel Freeman - Solid all around player.

#3 FS Lamar Foster - Fast, mediocre in coverage. Pretty sure tackler and good at getting after the ball.

14. Wick36

Also, I am up to date with the doc.

15. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Notre Dame Recruiting Update:

:5stars: Greg Nelson -- #1 ATH -- Greg looks to be a big, physical receiver. The #1 ATH committed to the Irish yesterday, and Coach Kelly had to have been happy. Good speed, great hands and route running make this kid one to watch next spring.

:5stars: Oliver Tyler -- #3 ATH -- Very fast, great man coverage and zone coverage, good awareness, and decent hands. Tyler looks to be headed for the Irish secondary next season.

:4stars:Jake Cox -- MLB -- Jake was recruited just because of his last name. However, luckily he has good speed, nice strength, and good block shedding for a MLB. Will fit in nicely as the MLB of the future in the 3-4 defense of the Irish.

:3stars:Eric Cole -- TE -- Good speed, great catching ability, good catch in traffic, and decent blocking make Eric a nice TE prospect and one to watch where he fits in the depth chart during spring practice.

:4stars:Eddie Stover -- DT -- A bit undersized to be a true NT, however, appears to have good strength, good power and finesse moves, and good block shedding. Coach Kelly is going to have to decide if he would be a better fit at NT or DE in the Irish's 3-4 system.

16. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I need to add my week 10 signing, but rest of my board is up to date. I am down to one scholarship at the moment. That scholarship is aimed at a :4stars: JUCO SO ATH (HB) that I likely sign in week 11 or 12. Every other UGA signing was in the top 60-75 players in the recruiting class.

17. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

HovaTheGodMC

I know you were concerned about my quarterback situation, after picking up the #4 QB from bfe, Ohio. Just to aleve your worries, I picked up the #2 QB out of PA last week.

• Like Like x 1
  18. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Ohio State signs 3 more players during the week and jumps to the #1 recruiting class in the nation. However, the Buckeyes only have 1 more player to sign, so Georgia, LSU or tSUN could pass the Buckeyes during the offseason.

19. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I think I have 0 open scholarships, so you don't have to worry about UGA. I don't know how many players I will lose early this season.

20. Hova

Michigans board is complete for now with a headline late signing of :5stars: WR Jared Wayne from Coach Hova's hometown of Grand Rapids. The speedy smaller WR should do great in the Run n Shoot offense for years to come. Michigan now has signed its 3 Five Star's and has one scholly open going into the offseason if nobody leaves early.

21. Will Atkinson

Will Atkinson Walk On

Is the limit 3 Five Star's even after the first year, or are you just finishing up your board due to roster size?

22. Hova

its 3 per year

23. Will Atkinson

Will Atkinson Walk On

Well I am at 4 right now, will it let me remove him off of my board and remove the offer? And I have another 5 star that has me first, i know i can remove him from my board..

24. Hova

you have 4 committed? Did you not read that rule before? He will have to be cut in the offseason and you will be docked next season in recruiting.

25. Will Atkinson

Will Atkinson Walk On

Well the other two dynasties i am in the limit is two and when i saw a lot of people in this one with 3 five stars half way through the season i assumed there was no limit on 5 stars..My honest mistake for assuming and I will give you the name of the extra 5 star that is to be removed..What restrictions will be put on for next season's recruiting?