2017 Nat Title Game Alabama 25 vs. Virginia Tech 10 -

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by jfosh, Apr 14, 2010.

1. jfosh

jfosh Super

2017 Nat Title Game Alabama 25 vs. Virginia Tech 10 -

Alabama can bask in the glory of their first Tradition National Title. The Tide promising to bring home the hardware in their first ever visit to the BCS championship, delivered. Virgina Tech making its 3 consecutive visit to the Title game, failed to find any offesnse rythm. Their high octane offense was kept in check after HB Burton went out of the game with a concussion on his first carrie of the game.

Alabama won the toss and drove the field but was unable to put the ball in the endzone. The Tide settled for a field goal. The field goal would be the first of 5 for Bama. The Hokies lost a vital cog to their offense on the opening series. Burton was hit head on by DT Brian Smith, RE Wilson came over and dealt the blow that would lead to Burton's exit for the game with a concussion. The Hokies regrouped and moved the ball down the field and caught a break when it looked like SS Chad Long would intercept the ball only to miss the catch and tip to a VT receiver. The Hokies would stall inside the 10 and settle for a field goal.

Bama would tack on a field goal and an interception. Leading 6-3 QB James McGlaughlin and WR James Shaw would hook up for 30 yards on a fly pattern. "The SS was playing aggressive zone and committed up and Shaw was able to go right by him." Mcglaughlin commented on the play. The 30 yard strike would lead to a TD and push the lead to 13-3.

Bama would add a FG making it 16-3. Virgina Tech reminded everybody the game wasn't over and put a masterful 13 play 5:00 drive together to cut the lead to 16-10. The long grinding Tech drive ended eary in the 4th quarter. Bama needed to score to seal the game. Bama passed early in the drive and caught a break when McGlaughlin was hit and a wounded duck fell innocently off the hands of a Hokie defender. " I thought it was picked, I was trying to get off the ground just in case I had to help on the run back. Then he just dropped it. It was a big relief. " McGlaughlin added about the big break. After the drop McGlaughlin elduded a sure sack and completed a first down pass to HB Miller. Feeling the mojo McGlaughlin would lead to the Tide to 5 strait 3rd down coversions and 1 yard to touchdown score to take a 22-10 lead. Tech would drive once more before throwing a pick to DT Smith as he was settling into hook zone coverage. Bama added a FG to bring the final to 25-10.

GG JMS, Thanks for waiting on me (and anybody else that was waiting sorry).

Bama bent a little all night but like all season in the redzone they were tough to score on. The defense also created a huge turnover margin 3-0. For the year this squad was far and away the #1 Defense in that stat.

Lots of playmakers on defense and offense are set to leave school. It will be tough to make it out of the SEC next year.

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Now....

The rebirth of buffalo JMS is here!

3. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Buffalo Bill JMS says;

"Josh puts the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again."

[​IMG]

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    LOL Bruce...

seriously congrats Fosh, much deserved...those recruiting efforts were soon to make you a champion!

5. jfosh

jfosh Super

Thanks Mo.

6. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I gotta admit I am not really glad that bama won, I am however happy you finally got one Josh.

Your a quality dude.

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Congrats fosh.....I am a bit sour as i dont feel like I got a fair shot at the title as you decided to take out 75% of my offense on the 2nd play of the game.

He picked the wrong game to get a Concussion. he went Pro.....good career but fell short 3X.

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Congrats Fosh. Really this is what the Tradition 1 is and should be all about. Planning a team, putting it together with a master plan behind it and then playing smart football.

Really deserved this one.

9. jfosh

jfosh Super

Thanks Bruce... and I am a quality dude...lol.

Thanks again JMS...Smith met him in the back field and the DE came over and finished him off. I hope you find the time for a Video.:D

Thanks Helli! I had lots of good teams maybe even some better. But this years defense just performed time after time. And I rarely let my own offense beat me with turnovers.

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Yeah I have to make all the videos....hope to start tomorrow.

11. jfosh

jfosh Super

I watched the game last night on justin.....i love how after the game you rewinded the dropped pick by your guy and replayed the injury...I chuckled when you took BB's picture of him lying on the ground. I still dont know how McGlaughlin got away from those 2 sacks.

12. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Yeah those are 2 moments that changed the game. I catch that pick and score I am winning 17-16 and the pressure is finally on you to score. The whole game you had no pressure.