2017 Questions for Coaches

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

uncleho
    GMONEY 15
    Raidernation
    Fmode11
    jonskinny12
    edge7771
    Gngsta4Lyphe
    gwill
    abolishthefed
    droid43

Questions for all of the Legacy coaches to answer:

1. Who is the recruit that you've signed this year that you are most looking forward to seeing on the field in the future?

2. Who is a senior that you are dreading losing the most after this season?

3. Who do you see as your biggest rival in Legacy?

4. How do you feel about your team and the direction they are headed in? Any scheme changes in the future? Recruiting changes?

5. Who do you think will be the next user to win a national championship?

6. What things would you suggest to make the Legacy a better overall experience for everyone?

2. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

1. Who is the recruit that you've signed this year that you are most looking forward to seeing on the field in the future?

Well, currently the Cal Bears have only two hard commits. This is usual happenings in Berkley as all these surfer kid don't like to make any commitments until late in the year. Cal is holding an additional 4 soft commits so I will bring them into the conversation.

I will update this post here in a few weeks as there isn't one recruit who stand out above the rest. The general sense though is Cal will FINALLY be bringing some solid offensive lineman on board as freshman. In my 4 recruiting classes at Cal thus far, I have only landed 4 total o-line guys rated above 75 coming in. This year I already have #1 Center nationally signed and another with the #3 Tackle with a soft commit.

HB Damion Smith - Guy has really come on for me this year. He is currently averaging 6.6 ypc on 789 yards, 6 TD in only 5 game splayed.

Silly puppies from UW. Always Chirping..... and always leading the way in interceptions

4. How do you feel about your team and the direction they are headed in? Any scheme changes in the future? Recruiting changes?

Cal is finally beginning to resemble an offensive juggernaut. In year's past, Cal has had to settle with a few exciting splashes in recruits while trying to raise the prestige of the school to make more of an impact against Pac-12 stalwarts. Cal did recruit the Freshman of the Year winner in our first year as coach and Antonie Thompson is only a Junior. Former Cal DE Barr also holds single game sack record of 12.

Cal was a defense first team (lost in an all FG game against GT jonskinny12 this year), but lately the offense has finally come alive with a batch of talented WR including George Owens who has 12 TD so far on the season.

Who knows at this point. Too many sims to figure this out - No one team has been completely dominating enough against other users to say at this point.

6. What things would you suggest to make the Legacy a better overall experience for everyone?

Demand more involvement....

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Hova

My class is not that great this year but my best prospect looks to by a 79 OVR OLB from New Jersey. He has very solid skills and should be a starter within 1-2 years.

QB Tony Montana would be the obvious. I will pry never see a better arm in Maryland than his... On defense it is my stud LE. He has shattered all Maryland sack records and is pretty much unblockable at this point in his career.

With the turnover its hard, but I would have said Gyrene and GTECH, we had a lot of battles. Maybe I can keep it going with the new GTECH coach.

This is my year if any. All of my best players are Seniors and I don't think I will field a better team than this in awhile. My offense will take a hit next season so I will pry have to focus on running more. I really want to build a strong o-line in the future.

Well gngsta has the best team and has not lost much to users so I would bet on him, but I hope I can this year!

I would like to see guys pick up the pace with advances and user scheduling. Also more content is always great, we all need to make strives forward in that area even though its tough with the CPU being so retarded and unfun this year.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Travis Waley #1 CB in the country can't wait to see him on the other end of some Cal passes.

P.J. Nance, the guy has anchored my line for some time, he'll be tough to replace.

..... my Turnovers. And then there's the care bears of California to quote Nessler "I hate every breath they suck into their greedy little lungs."

Gotta get some recruits to sign on the O-line very position's coming along but that one. Scheme is good we're heading in the right direction.

If ASU and Fed can keep it going they'll be raising the glass shoe. Hov's ok too. LOL

Raise interception for users.

• Like Like x 2
  5. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

It has to be my 3 star OLB David Poole. PSU has some highly rated recruits but this kids numbers are better then some of my ESPN 150 guys. He will be on the field as a true freshman and anchor the D for at least 3yrs.

In all honesty it's not a SR but JR QB Nick White, he is really the one player I can't lose because I'm very thin at QB. If he does leave I will have only have a SO(R) on the roster and my incoming QB's.

It would have been IOWA but since he got the boot I'd say Whisky.

The Nittany Lions will be a force from here on out. Last year we made it a BCS game coming off a losing season the year before. No scheme changes as my Offense and Defense will get better with the right personal. With limited offers this year and last just getting talent was the main effort. Next year will see the biggest change in recruiting as we will have 19 offers with some new key pipelines opening up.

Not sure who but I think it will come out of the B1G.

Like every league participation and getting games in on time or asap.

• Like Like x 1
  6. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

I resigned not booted.

7. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

The Sun Devils just signed the #2 DT prospect Jamie Brown. Brown will probably see immediate playing time. His acceleration, power moves, and finesse moves are great for an incoming freshman, but conditioning will be an issue. He only has 61 stamina.

Most of the seniors I'm losing will be replaced by guys who are rated nearly as high, due to some good early recruiting classes. However, WR will be a weakness for ASU next year. So, I'll have to go with 6'2" 212 lb WR Clayton Lester. Lester is a 4 year starter, who is not a flashy receiver, but makes tough catches. His size makes him a good target in the red zone and he has 25 career TDs.

Has to be either uncleho or HovaTheGodMC, since our games date back multiple years. Uncleho was Iowa for NCAA '12 and we had some great games between the Hawkeyes and Buckeyes. Most of the games were strategic nailbiters that came down to 1 or 2 big plays. This season, our matchups have been close every time. I've been in this dynasty with Hova for just shy of 3 years now. Last year we played 12 or 13 times in The Game: Ohio St vs Michigan. In NCAA '10, he put some beatings on my FSU squad with his loaded USC squad. We had some close matchups in NCAA '11 when my Georgia squad faced his USC squad.

I've been toying with the idea of switching to the 3-4. However, there appears to be some talent coming in at safety in this recruiting class, so those plans may be on hold.

Wisconsin

Fewer simulated user games.

• Like Like x 3
  8. droid43

droid43 Walk On

The CPU signed the #1 overall prospect. Mark White looks to be a future star at quarterback. White has an excellent shot at becoming the starting quarterback from day one.

Most likely DT Tim Cox. Three seniors graduate at DT and all depth and experience is going with them.

At this point its North Carolina. You played your game against Va Tech too quickly! :confused:

Taking over the team midway through the season, there will not be any significant changes. Recruiting for depth to secure solid upcoming years. However, Virginia Tech will become an air raid team next season.

GMONEY 15. Coach GMONEY runs a solid program.

Weekly plays of the week upload via youtube. This never took off in OTP, but I really liked the idea.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Great we let in the new guy and he brings in the air raid. Maybe you and Gngsta4Lyphe can share notes

• Like Like x 2
  10. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

Last year i signed 2 stud QBs but the problem is this year my team has had about 40 dropped passes. So i went very heavy on recruiting WRs that can catch, and any of the 3 ive signed so far would be exciting to see on the field.

My OLB Moore. Hes been with me for 4 years, starting, and it would just feel weird to not see him on the field with the star under his feet.

uncleho we dont play often but i played him in a bowl game and last season. he is the only user that has beaten me in this league, im 0-2 against him. Crazy what hes doing with that team.

Well apparently i recruited WRs that couldnt catch, so my team has about 50 dropped passes and i struggle moving the ball because of drops. I am focusing on more of an air raid offense just to mix things up since ive ran a pro style every year. I had the top 2 QBs in last recruiting class so now that im recruiting 4 WRs im hoping to give those QBs some weapons when they are RS FS next year.

Who knows, everyone keeps taking SIM losses, or be like me and take cpu losses :(

More content and more participation. I started doing the B1G blog but no one from the B1G seemed to pay attention, and the B1G hasnt remained the same for 1 season. edge7771 seems to keep up but GMONEY 15 and LSUTRUTH didnt seem to put that much effort in, kind of made me feel pointless to spend time on a B1G blog. No offense to either, everyone slacks every now and then.

Participation is contagious, but we need continuity if we want to get participation up. Havent gone a full season with the same users.

• Like Like x 2
  11. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

Don't really have one. This year's class was more of a fill in the holes class. Next year should be better for UNC.

It's hard to say. On defense it would be OLB Jeremy Johnson. He really has been an anchor for four years and his production will be sorely missed. On offense, WR Joe Thomas. He's been a 4 year starter and just recently broke the school record for career receptions.

No one on my half has stayed long enough to develop a rivalry. I would've said GA Tech b/c of the down to the wire battles that ended the same way (Me needing one defensive stop and never getting it), so I would say no one.

After the success with Marquise Williams and the Air Raid, I really hadn't found a suitable replacement to continue running it. I've been surprised at how quick & smoove my transition to the power spread has been. Down the road, if personnel allows I might move back to it. Defensively I changed from the 4-3 Tampa 2 to the 4-2-5 twp seasons ago and failed miserably so I'll be sticking w/what I know.

Tough to say, no one really has that "grooved path" to the title.

I'm not sure. I kind of like what we have going.

• Like Like x 2
  12. droid43

droid43 Walk On

If my team plays anything like they practice, they will drop more passes than they catch, so it may not be such a smooth transition.

I also may want to change my senior I'll miss the most to my impact player RG.... :rolleyes: I didn't even know that was possible.

13. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

Well I haven't quite got him yet but RB Jerome Rodriguez. He could be something to look at for at least 3 seasons. I will red shirt him so he can get used to the GMONEY way of doing things. He has 96 speed, 96 acceleration and 94 agility. He needs to go and hit the weight room, go to class and learn from the upper class man.

My 3 SR starting LB's. They put the work in to get themselves in a position to start and it's showing in their play this season.

I really don't have 1 here. Closest person would be Gyrene76. Even though I only played him once and he beat me. However I like his game play as he reminds me of myself years ago. He had a mic on and went out of his way to welcome me to the league. Then again my schedule has been hectic to say the least. Nice to see droid43 join up. LSUTRUTH as I was looking forward to playing him until he decided to retire. The Colorado owner uncleho is a tough as nail owner as well. We played one season and it was a great battle.

My team is headed in a good direction. No scheme changes as I like to mix up my play calling on both sides of the ball. I am not a guy who will blitz all the time, run zone or run man all the time. You will see a variety of defenses as well as getting younger guys on the field by using the formation subs. I pride myself on my ability to play defense. On offense I really like getting all my RB involved in getting carries during the games. You won't see any award winners from me as I rather see my top 3 running backs getting 7 to 10 carries a game rather than the starter getting 25 carries and the 2nd and 3rd stringers only getting 2 or 3. However that's my preference. No recruiting changes going forward as I am looking for guys who want to be involved for 4 or 5 years in the program.

Not sure

6. What things would you suggest to make the Legacy a better overall experience for everyone? [/quote]

Everyone's talking about being more active on the forums. I can be viewed as a slacker in that manner. I see only a couple of people putting in comments from time to time. What does this mean. I guess we have a bunch of slackers here besides myself then right? :) Always remember that at the end of the day it's a VIDEO game. Win or lose you should say good game and be a good sport about it. No one likes to lose but instead of bashing someone for what they did or didn't do,just say good game and get ready for the next time you have to play. Bottom line is that sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. Sometimes your schemes on both sides of the ball will work and sometimes they won't. Just enjoy the game.

• Like Like x 2
  14. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

#5 ATH Bob Jackson, just because he is the first 5 Star recruit we have brought to Colorado in my tenure here. He is only a 76 OVR though which is disappointing, but, projects to play somewhere in the secondary. Though #2 DE Willie Daniels would be the obvious choice so far as I typically user the DE and Adam Bell is graduating this year. Daniels comes in as an 81 OVR.

SR QB Justin Jackson. This has not been the senior year he wanted, but, he has been dominant his whole career in Colorado and is a threat through the air and on the ground and is the highest rated player on my team. To that effect the 7 highest rated players on my team all graduate, including the two bookends I have at Tackle that have started their whole careers along with Jackson.

abolishthefed because of the rivalry last year with OSU and Iowa and now this year with Arizona State and Colorado. If I remember correctly he got me every time with OSU, but, I have gotten him every time with Colorado. There may have even been a league prior to both of them but I'm not sure if we played and would have to dig deep to find that out.

I am proud of what this team has accomplished, barring the last two years of things taken out of our hands, we would have had a chance to three peat as Pac-12 Champs and maybe even a chance at the National Title last year. With two sim losses this year and a loss to CPU Oregon (FML), we have to run the table for a shot at a Pac-12 title and a BCS appearance, which is extremely difficult with Raidernation and Fmode11 still on the schedule. Next year will be a crossroads for us though, sophomores at quarterback, running back, tackle, guard, and center on offense. To go with sophomores and maybe freshmen at defensive end, and all the depth will be young as well on defense. I have no idea how the offense will perform next year, but they could be good, and the defense is only slightly more experienced and we will see how they respond.

HovaTheGodMC since he is in the driver's seat this year (as long as he doesn't screw it up, no pressure :D) but with abolishthefed, GMONEY 15, and Gngsta4Lyphe all sitting in the top 10 right now.....

Participation. We all need to do better. Myself included. I mean most weeks users aren't even posting game results, who cares if its a cpu game, we still need to do it. Hova should start sanctioning us if we can't even do that little bit. Plug in your mics during user games, we don't need to chat about life, it just makes everything easier during the game from timeouts to discussing 4th and short. Gyrene was good for it, along with GMONEY 15 and Raidernation, and those are some of my favorite users to play because of it.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Hova

Great stuff guys. I will continue to try and improve things. I am going to buy a mic here soon as well since my wireless one took a shit.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hova

As for highlights the LEAST we could do is but together seasonal legacy videos like we used to, or a bowl season video. I would be willing to make one video a season unless someone else wants to step up and do it with a little more skill. I am decent at it, but nothing special.

17. Raidernation

I'd do the highlight video once a year, could be Husky bias, slightly, but it's doable.

18. Brandon S.

I have no experience with making videos but I can try and learn. Something I've wanted to always do in GMFL is a podcast, but maybe it'd be easier with the Legacy since there are less users. It'd be a Skype call that is recorded then just turned into a podcast. I'd do it once a week if we can get everyone to

HovaTheGodMC uncleho edge7771 gwill GMONEY 15 @jonskinny, abolishthefed Raidernation

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  19. Raidernation

Probably couldn't join in every week, but I'd definitely want to be apart of it.

20. Brandon S.

By week I mean 7 days not game weeks

21. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Both of those ideas sound solid. Both sound like something fun to be a part of and see on the forum.

22. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

This actually happened a bit last release and it was pretty sweet while it was going, I would like to see it return in some form.

23. Hova

I will try to do a bowl season video again this season. Anyone else who wants to do a video just go ahead and make your thread for submissions and tell us what you need.

24. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

What a giant mistake this kid made transferring to VT after his redshirt year, could have been dominating this year with Bell. Wanted to be "closer to home". This kid came in as a :3stars: #21 DT recruit in the nation in my first recruiting class as a 70 OVR. He has now progressed 20 points and is a 90 OVR.

• Like Like x 2
  25. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Wow, that's a shame. He is certainly close to home. I believe he's the player from Blacksburg.