2017 RECRUITING DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by MaxATX34, Jan 11, 2012.

1. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Here we go!

QB(#1) :5stars:
    6'1 192lb Decatur, AL
    Maurice Wright
    B Speed, Acceleration, Agility
    B- THP
    A THA
    C+ Break Tackle
    C Elusiveness

Utah really needed this recruit and they had to invade SEC turf to get him. The Utes went behind enemy lines and were able to pluck him out of the clutches of schools like Miss St. and Georgia. Wright comes to Salt Lake with an interesting depth chart situation in front of him. The Utes will lose at least 1 of their 3 QBs this year. Goode, the Senior, has to leave... but Morvin Robbins (a Junior) could end up going pro and leaving also. In the event that Robbins leaves early, Wright could end up starting as a true Freshman.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  2. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Did you pick the smallest font possible? Nice prospect though.

3. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

All I've signed so far is a :3stars: DT. DT and K are my only "need" positions. The rest will be for depth. Kinda nice only having 12 people on my board for once.

4. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

U
    Wtf. I Didn't know EA made players that scramble and throw

5. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Wait is that guy I was going after? Lol

6. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Yea I got an instant commit :) smlVICTORIES53 was going after him too

7. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Ooops heh. I just meant to do his stats in the smaller font. fixed it

8. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Key word: was. I drop him off my board this week. Didn't gain any ground over last two weeks. He would have just been another toy in the chest. Also dropped a wr that Penn st an Ohio st jumped me on. He was out of my pipeline and didn't commit early so not wasting anymore time with him

9. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

*insert umad gif*

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Great WR Mark Eaton.....good drop though...I am getting 500+ calls on him.

11. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I've been getting 400-450...if I had the pipeline I'd stay on him

12. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Ole Miss signed a couple of guys to start the season and we are plugging away at several recruits now... have about 15 guys on our board. I expect a couple of these guys will sign week 6

13. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    GOT U HELLIIIII

I really messed up part of my recruiting since I played my game before setting up visits. I could and planned to have some of these guys come in against Ohio state but I couldn't. I had to wait until week 9 against Iowa to get them for an official visit. That includes some guys I'm going against HELLI and JMS after.

I did however get a clutch x2 on the tackle me and HELLI were battling over. I fell to #2 last week but that X2 got him to commit to us as well as the #1 tackle guy.

I'm looking good on a few WR's as well.

14. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I landed a couple solid 4* this week. #1 OLB and a guard. Lost out on another 4* guard to helli but 1 is better than none

15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

MISS SIGNS TWO, LOSES OUT ON A BIG ONE

The dreaded X2 strikes and we lose out on one of the top players on our board, who was soft committed. I'm not going to dwell on the negatives as we signed a tackle last year who is probably better than him (currently redshirting) and it wasn't necessarily a huge need. Although it still stings.

#2 TAndrew Russ- 6'5" 329 lbs- Palm HarborFL- ovr rk:3- run block rk:1- pass block rk:3
    DSPD /D-AGI /D+AWR /D STA /B+INJ /B STR /C IBL /B-RBK/ B-RBS /B- RBF/ B- PBK/ C+PBS/ B PBF/
    SIGNS WITH NEBRASKA. Disappointing, but we must be doing something right if it typically takes a X2 to beat us and it then makes the other guy's week knowing he got one over on us. You can't get 'em all, and if you could, it wouldn't be any fun. Great get for Nebraska. We look to return the favor on TE White this week sucka!.

-----------------------------------

:4stars: #3 G Anthony Galloway - 6'2" 311 lbs - Cut Off LA - ovr rk: 3 - run block rk: 10 - pass block rk: 1
    C SPD/ D+ AGI/ C AWR/ D+ STA/ B- INJ/ B+ STR/ C+ IBL/ C+ RBK/ C- RBS/ C- RBF/ B PBK/ B PBS/ B PBF/
    We did manage to land the #1 pass blocker in the class and a very smart, extremely strong blocker. This guy will be a force for good!

:4stars: #3 CB B.J. Tucker - 5'10" 194 lbs - Winter Springs FL - ovr rk: 1 - coverage rk: 1 - hard hitter rk: 2
    A SPD/ A ACC/ B+ AGI/ D- AWR/ B STA/ B INJ/ D- STR/ D CTH/ B+ JMP/ D TAK/ B- PRC/ D- BSH/ C+ PUR/ D+ HPW/ C+ PRS/ B+ ZCV/ B- MCV/
    When trying to figure out who to go after this year Tucker stood out, because he isn't your typical 6'0" to 6'4" corner that we have had. What he is, is a gifted pass defender despite his average to below-average height.

THESE TWO GUYS WERE SIGNED PREVIOUSLY:

:5stars: #10 WR Pierre Williams - 6'3" 183 lbs - New Smyrna Beach FL - ovr rk: 5 - speed rk: 3 - possession rk: 8
    A- SPD/ C+ AGI/ D+ AWR/ B- STA/ B INJ/ C- BTK/ D ELU/ A- CAR/ D- SFA/ D- SPM/ D JKM/ C CTH/ B- RTE/ C CIT/ B- SPC/ B- JMP/ B- REL/
    Nice All-around guy

:4stars: #3 TE Lee Berry - 6'1" 243 lbs - Cullman AL - ovr rk: 5 - receiving rk: 8 - blocking rk: 4
    C+ SPD/ C- AGI/ D- AWR/ B STA/ B+ INJ/ C+ STR/ C+ BTK/ C+ CTH/ C- RTE/ C+ CIT/ C REL/ C IBL/ C+ RBK/ B- RBS/ C+ RBF/ C- PBK/ C PBS/ C- PBF/
    His future may very well be at fullback, where his size fits a little better and where we will have a need starting year after next.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  16. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I have to say this is the first year where I've seen things go like they have.

1) I can't get to the good pitches during calls. It's a steady diet of 25-60 point pitches.

2) In the players I'm matched up against users with, the player only cares about shit where the other user has an advantage.

3) When i promise something, even something that was 100+ points in the past, it is always 50 points this year.

4) I haven't gotten x2 once this season so far

Sometimes the game just says "you've had enough success lately, cool your jets"

• Like Like x 5
  17. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Welcome to Michigan's world!!

18. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    :4stars:FS(#1) DREW BALL, 6'4", 201lbs, Burbank, IL
    KEY RATINGS- A SPEED/ B ACCELERATION, AGILITY, TACKLE, PURSUIT/ B- PLAY RECOGNITION, HIT POWER
    ---With Terrence Sapp having two more years left at the FS spot and us moving a CB to FS, getting a true FS was a huge need and getting the #1 overall FS prospect was a great get. He fits the mold of how we want our FS to be...rangy, fast, can hit with power and can be a playmaker. We would love to get play out of him much like how Craig Mack played at the FS spot for us for 4 years.

:4stars:DE(#3) BO TERRY, 6'6", 249lbs, Blackwell, OK
    KEY RATINGS- B+ BLOCK SHED/ B FINESSE MOVES/ B- POWER MOVES, STRENGTH/ C+ TACKLE, SPEED, PURSUIT, HIT POWER, JUMPING
    ---The supremely athletic Bo Terry joined the program as we try to bolster up our depth and talent at the DE spot. We felt Terry was the top DE prospect here because of his size and power. Simply put he can come off the edge and bulldoze his way to the backfield and is a top notch run stuffing end. He's not the fastest but he's relentless and we feel he compliments the way we want our DE's to play in our system.

:4stars:T(#1) MARIO HINES, 6'3", 287lbs, Carrolton, TX
    KEY RATINGS- B+ ACCELERATION, STRENGTH/ B- PASS BLOCK, PASS BLOCK FOOTWORK/ C+ RUN BLOCK, RUN BLOCK FOOTWORK, RUN BLOCK STRENGTH, PASS BLOCK STRENGTH
    ---We really went hard at the tackle spot because we were needing some depth and eventual starters at the position as soon as next year. Mario Hines was rated the #1 tackle prospect and loved us from day 1. He's a supremely athletic tackle at 287lbs with great strength. He easily grades out as a LT and is a sure-fire NFL pro if he continues to work hard. One of the more complete tackle kids we've had come into the program.

:4stars:T(#2) ANDREW RUSS, 6'5", 329lbs, Palm Harbor, FL
    KEY RATINGS- A- ACCELERATION/ B STRENGTH, PASS BLOCK FOOTWORK/ B- PASS BLOCK, RUN BLOCK, RUN BLOCK FOOTWORK, RUN BLOCK STRENGTH
    ---When the top 2 tackle prospects are interested in you, you listen. This one was more of a struggle to get because Ole Miss was throwing some cash to the Russ family but after weeks of fighting over this kid, we won the family over with our national title pedigree and success the past few years. If Hines is the #1 tackle prospect, Russ is 1A. A tad bit quicker than Hines but not as strong (though he outweighs Hines by more than 40 pounds!), but Russ is a tadbit further along in run blocking. Just a great get to have these two big time tackle kids onto the program

19. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yep... Poor, poor little woebegotten Michigan.

I don't even think we should capitalize it anymore, seeing as how bad off they are!

michigan

• Like Like x 2
  21. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Guys check out the new dynasty wire!

• Like Like x 1
  22. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    it almost looks like a college type website where the players are listed and such under rosters.....looks good so far.

23. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Damn you... Nice TE you signed, once the new dynasty wire went up and I could see I was -450+ points I had to take back what I said yesterday, lmao.

Anyway... ALL I CARE ABOUT is we signed our Center! HELL YEAH

:4stars: #2 C Brian Wagner - 6'2" 287 lbs - Houston TX - ovr rk: 1 - run block rk: 2 - pass block rk: 1
    C- SPD/ D AGI/ D- AWR/ D+ STA/ C+ INJ/ C+ STR/ C+ IBL/ B- RBK/ C+ RBS/ B- RBF/ B- PBK/ C+ PBS/ B PBF/
    I have come to desire AWR out of my center and in that regard I might not have given him the #1 / #2 rating... However... He's quite solid.

:4stars: #4 TE Mark Robinson - 6'2" 227 lbs - Pass Christian MS - ovr rk: 7 - receiving rk: 7 - blocking rk: 7
    C+ SPD/ C- AGI/ D- AWR/ B STA/ B INJ/ C STR/ C+ BTK/ C+ CTH/ C- RTE/ B- CIT/ C- REL/ C+ IBL/ C+ RBK/ C+ RBS/ C+ RBF/ C- PBK/ C- PBS/ C- PBF/
    Good, solid all-around depth guy. Might move to FB instead of the other TE we signed...

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  24. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    :4stars:DE(#1) RAYMOND ROACH, 6'1", 231lbs, Dallas, TX
    KEY RATINGS- B STRENGTH, POWER MOVES, BLOCK SHEDDING/ B- TACKLE/ C+ HIT POWER, PURSUIT
    ---Roach and Terry are the two bookend defensive ends we feel can anchor our defensive line for years to come. Roach is a smallish type DE but he's a bulldozer and his low leverage makes him a handful for opposing offensive linemen. His block shedding is excellent and he's a sure tackler.

:4stars:TE(#1) GARRETT WHITE, 6'3", 239lbs, Andrews, TX
    KEY RATINGS- B- SPEED, AGILITY, PASS BLOCK STRENGTH, PASS BLOCK FOOTWORK/ C+ STRENGTH, CATCHING, IMPACT BLOCKING, RUN BLOCK STRENGTH
    ---What makes White such an all-around talent and the #1 TE in this class is he's an overall prospect. He has good speed, solid hands and can block. White reminds us with his talent of the Dallas Clark, Heath Miller type TE...just overall good prospect and again, nabbing the #1 kid at his position at the TE, DE, T and FS positions so far this year.

• Like Like x 1
  25. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

My new dedication to recruiting is bearing some fruit!

[​IMG]

Williams isn't spectacular but he'll add to our defensive depth

McIntosh might be the jewel of the class. His secondary skills are right in line with a 4 star safety, but his base stats are great. B+ speed and agility, A- jumping and acceleration. I think he's gonna be really good in a few years.

Reese should be good too. B+ spd, B+ pursuit, and B hit power.

RJ Johnson also looks like he could be a steal. His coverage skills are in the B range, but another fast guy. A speed, A acc, B+ jump. Another fast guy for a defense that right now lacks speed.

The rest of the board are no one really special, but they'll add depth that we sorely need.

I'm very happy with the additions of McIntosh, Reese, and Johnson on the defensive side. All will start at some point I'm sure. All of them are fast, agile, and should give this defense an atheltic boost that they really need.

I have several other guys on my board that I'm working on now, but no super stars. We are really targeting depth on the lines, and on defense this year.

• Like Like x 2