2017 Recruiting Questionnaire (all please respond)

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Are you happy with the recruiting class you have landed this season?

How many "impact" players do you think you have in this class, assuming you had four years to play them all? By this I mean guys that VERY LIKELY would play at least 2-3 years and have very little chance of being replaced until they bail.

What is the best player that you signed this season (assuming he was going to play 4 years) and what do you predict his ratings will look like? Will he play right away for you, and do you expect him to be an integral part of what the team does?

Other than the guy named in the previous answer who we have now discussed... Who from this recruiting class will step right in and be a starter or fill a position of need?

What position do you wish you had recruited better... Anything that might come back to haunt you a bit in the following season(s)?

If you could take any player that another USER team signed to add to your class... Which player would it be, and why?

Last question: What player from one of the LAST TWO recruiting classes has had the biggest impact on your team? List some stats and describe how he has played. Feel free to name more than one...

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah, I really feel that it is one of the better all-around classes that we've had. Maybe the best, although it is slanted toward JUCOs with so few seasons remaining... One of our previous classes had an impact running back which is always the #1 position I covet, but that didn't work out as he was never healthy. PS... If you're reading this... My only decent halfback finally bit it for the rest of the season for 2017... Holding him to around 10-15 carries/game didn't stave off the yearly "kill any hope you had" injury. Our next highest rated running back is 64 OVR... Seriously. I only have myself to blame for this, of course... But no good backs have liked us until this season.

How many "impact" players do you think you have in this class, assuming you had four years to play them all? By this I mean guys that VERY LIKELY would play at least 2-3 years and have no chance of being replaced until they bail.

About 4-7 guys although three of them are at the same position....

:5stars: #3 T Joe Purcell

:4stars: #10 DE Sergio Vaughn (JUCO JR) our #1 rated DE on pure talent (compares JUCO and true fresman equally)

:3stars: #24 OLB Geoff Bryant (JUCO JR) our #1 rated OLB on pure talent

:5stars: #1 HB Jason Lewis

:5stars: #2 WR Justin Rouse - our #1 rated WR

:4stars: #16 HB Kelly Haynes (JUCO JR) (we have him as the #2 HB in terms of pure talent coming in)

:4stars: #10 HB Robbie Armstrong (JUCO SOPH) (we have him as the #1 HB in terms of pure talent coming in)

What is the best player that you signed this season (assuming he was going to play 4 years) and what do you predict his ratings will look like? Will he play right away for you, and do you expect him to be an integral part of what the team does?

:5stars: #2 WR Justin Rouse - 6'1" 180 Speedster with A Speed/ A Acceleration and all good ratings across the board. I was stunned he had us #2 and no user teams ahead of us. I was even more stunned that we got him mostly without a fight. Getting basically our #1 player in the entire class with just a few minutes a week wasn't too shabby. He will immediately be our #1 threat at WR.

Other than the guy named in the previous answer who we have now discussed... Who from this recruiting class will step right in and be a starter or fill a position of need?

One of the running backs... Jason Lewis we have rated the #4 back in terms of overall talent, I believe he would be a great player by the time he was a senior. But we have some JUCO guys that are possibly going to be better right off the bat. One of them will see some serious action and it will be nice to have depth. We won't be worried about one guy getting hurt, we'll have at least three usable guys. None of them are fast, but they are all capable.

T Joe Purcell will definitely be a day-1 starter.

What position do you wish you had recruited better... Anything that might come back to haunt you a bit in the following season(s)?

Well, in a perfect world there would have been a speed HB for me to get... Other than that, I would say we really could have used an impact defensive tackle... We're still kind of average in the middle of our D and really have to keep changing up the looks to get pressure or stop the run. It can get old, I'd rather just have a great player in there to clog shit up. However the question really asks is there something I should have done better and frankly, no. This was the first season we landed literally everybody we wanted, or just about... If we didn't fight for him, we didn't care about him, and all the guys we fought for are signing LOI's with us. I'm pretty sure this is the one and only time this will happen.

If you could take any player that another USER team signed to add to your class... Which player would it be, and why?

Although I really wanted a DT, I'm not sure any of them would be better than what we currently have. And just for the sake of how fun this guy would be... I have to go with:

:5stars: HB Buck Scott, Rutgers - If I had the opportunity to recruit this guy I would have. HIs great ACC will be more than adequate to get him moving and past the line of scrimmage where he will then be a big load to bring down and will consistently get yards after contact. I really am jealous of this guy... We really need a running back and although we got a few that are capable he is the #1 guy in this class for me due to his size and toughness.

Last question: What player from one of the LAST TWO recruiting classes has had the biggest impact on your team? List some stats and describe how he has played. Feel free to name more than one...

I will list two....

6'1" 243 lb. DE Earl Jones was a JUCO SOPH transfer who I recruited last season and he is 80 OVR, 88 SPD... He has 7 sacks and a forced fumble this year. He and the other bookend, 6'8" Jesse Holley (93 OVR SOPH, 81 SPD, 9 sacks) have been a real problem for opposing offenses this season. Without the bonus of landing Jones last season I'd have to say that Holly would not have had so much success.

6'2" 186 lb. CB Lance McDougal (82 OVR, 98 SPD, 96 ACC) was the #1 player on our entire board last year needing to get more athletic in the secondary and boy has he helped matters. We are no longer afraid of teams throwing over the top and he has managed to snag 3 interceptions while defending 9 passes and forcing a fumble. He also scored a touchdown and returned a 2-point conversion attempt for points which turned the tide against USC. The best stat of all may be: 11 tackles... That is fewer, way fewer, than our slot corner has. He is shutting guys down.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Yes as our needs were rather bland. We need offensive lineman and WRs. We failed on the WRs. I went for the guys I knew I could sign rather than fighting. I have ran into trouble in years past and didnt want to risk it. Therefore the result is a solid oline class and some good defensive players. We signed a nice 5 Star QB also. The class could shoot up to be amazing if we sign impact WR in the off season.

How many "impact" players do you think you have in this class, assuming you had four years to play them all? By this I mean guys that VERY LIKELY would play at least 2-3 years and have no chance of being replaced until they bail.

I actually have a few

:5stars: T Marc Hodges - Impact Tackle
    :5stars: T Tom Holmes - Impact Tackle
    :5stars: QB Jarrett Brooks - Look to start as a (RS) Freshman in 2 seasons.
    :5stars: DT Mario Hodges - Not right off the bat but will be a beast as a (RS) Soph
    :4stars:FS Jon Dunn - Bruiser with great hitting and tackling skills

We have 2 CBS that may be very good but we are not sure.

The 2 Tackles are our 2 best players and will start right away. I actually think 1 will be moved to guard. We need guards but moving these guys around wont be a problem. They will find a place to start. I will expect more holding calls but they will do more good then harm. We like to run first then pass therefore they are an integral part to our game plan. I am hoping for an 80-83 OVR rating right out of the box.

None of these guys will step right in unless we have some unforeseen players leave early. The closest thing will probably be 4 Star HB McFadden jumping into the #2 HB spot.

WR I let Washingon get some WR without a fight. This is my fault and might hurt us if we don't find one this off season. I only really want 1 impact WR. I am signing some scrubs possibly and maybe one will shine.

:5stars: WR Justin Rouse - 6'1" 180 Speedster with A Speed/ A Acceleration
    :4stars:WR Chase Johnson - 6'3" 174 Nice Wide Receiver with nice WR skillz.

I let these guys go cause I thought I couldn't sign them...I kinda wish I tried as it is a position of need.

2 guys. 1 I expected and 1 is a pleasant surprise.

HB - Soph - Cam Kelly - Signed in the off season he came right in as a freshman and became our main work horse. He is an all around HB that everyone wants. 153/663 yds 11 TDs. He is stuggling this year but it is not his fault. There is simply no holes to run through. He did play a huge role in beating Purdue last week! We are using him as a pass catcher this season with 19 Rec so far.

K - Soph - William Flemming - The kid can kick a football a mile. He kicked a 49 yarder with room to go against Purdue to end the losing streak vs the hated @Hotrod. I never thought having a good kicker could have such an impact.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

(PITT)

Taking over a program mid-season is usually a grab-bag when it comes to recruits, but the staff before me did an excellent job of bringing in much needed talent. Looks like there are quite a few starters in this bunch.

How many "impact" players do you think you have in this class, assuming you had four years to play them all? By this I mean guys that VERY LIKELY would play at least 2-3 years and have very little chance of being replaced until they bail.
    Looking at film of this years class I can count 3 that will have a major impact on Pitt before they go.
    :5stars: WR Todd Castillo
    :5stars: RB Justin Dawson
    :4stars: QB Howard Sowell

Coming in I'd say Castillo is a more polished product than Dawson, but we'll be running the football quite a bit. Dawson will come in and be expected to shoulder the load on offense. With B Speed, Agility, and Accel he has the potential to end up rated in the 90's with a balanced skillset.

Unless current (Junior) QB Spencer Sanders makes major improvements in the Spring and Summer, he can expect to be replaced by the incoming Howard Sowell. It may serve the program well to start this treacherous-trio of Freshman skill players that have committed to Pitt. They'd be able to grow and improve together as we build around them on offense.

I didnt recruit any of these guys, but the depth chart is a bit of a mess right now. Pitt only has 1 real QB and he is injured. The RB corps is weak and same for the WRs. The defensive secondary needs work, but most of all we need help in the trenches. This will be a point of emphasis in recruiting next season. We're going to go out next year and see if we cant sign an entire O-Line and a complete front 4 on defense. We'll be dipping into the JUCO pool in an effort to bring in talent now, but Pitt has to start developing recruits ASAP.

MLB Jermaine Thompson (Wisc)
    I use the MLB almost exclusively on defense and this guy looks pretty good.

I dont know who came from where!

• Like Like x 2
  5. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Kinda, its not that I hate it, but it lacked that crazy freak type player we have landed in the past. What it is, is a solid core group much like my first or second class at UCLA. A foundation group.

I am not sure there are any legit impact guys. There are several that will be starters and a couple that would have a shot to start all four years.

4 Star OLB Victor Graham will start as a true freshman at ROLB, Five star QB John Bates would be another Banks if he had the time. Five star CB Jeff Edwards is a great coverage cb with acceptional speed as is Four star CB Dj Fredrick.

CB Jeff Edwards is the best player in the class, however that doesnt mean he will have the largest imact, I would expect him to come in at 82 overall or so and should line up as the nickle or dime guy next season and then assume a #1 role as a true soph as our top three cbs will graduate. Thats why landing him and Fredrick was so huge this season.

OLB Victor Graham or OLB Andrew Whitehead, one of these two is going to have to start and play until the dynasty is done, on paper Graham is the favorite but performance will determain who is the guy. Either way both we see the field before we are done.

TE, we had a good one who we made use out of in Ingram who everyone hated on because of his neck roll, the man had previous injuries for crying out loud. We have a very good one now in Pierre Patton who in overall recieving talent is the best we have had, but he was a Juco Jr transfer and will be leaving after this season. In fact our last two starters at TE have been Juco guys. Our inability to land one is shocking because they are a huge part of our O and we havent lost out for lack of trying.

:5stars: #2 WR Justin Rouse - 6'1" 180 Speedster with A Speed/ A Acceleration and all good ratings across the board. I was stunned he had us #2 and no user teams ahead of us. I was even more stunned that we got him mostly without a fight. Getting basically our #1 player in the entire class with just a few minutes a week wasn't too shabby. He will immediately be our #1 threat at WR.

We tried and just failed on him, we trailed the whole way and just lost out, there was another wr or two we were on but just couldnt land, mostly due to the other guys we already have I am guessing.

True Soph WR Brandon Collins, he is just a huge fast player, a first round NFL guy. He has opened the field for us, dont leave him one on one over the top he can beat any cb and not with only speed. He had 1600+ yards and 15 tds as a Freshman.

True Freshman FS Robert Sears, kid has allowed us to move Beverely around and with an injury at SS filled in great and has four picks on the year and several huge hits and tackles. He is a player.

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I think Helli meant this recruiting class....what player would u like to have signed instead of another team. Funny I use the MLB myself but I let the CPU control him and I use the scrub.

And BTW Jermaine a beast in coverage although not as an impact MLB as I would have hoped. For season he doesn't make the plays on defense as some of his other teammates. Still love him back there.

FYI scouting report for @Maxattax34....he uses the MLB on defense.

7. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Ah I see now. Chalk that one up to my public school education. I'd take Hellisan's MLB then.

MLB(#3) :4stars:
    6'1 225lb Thibodaux, LA
    Alex Dingle
    With a redshirt and a few seasons in the weight room this guy this guy would be deadly.

8. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Enjoy that class max, I had to fight like hell to land that RB away from blaza. Its not great, but pitt needs all the help it can get, especially at WR.

9. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:

Not quite, I blew it with about 4-5 recruits that would have taken the class over the top. I needed to fill some holes at LB and posted a goose egg. Also needed an impact DE but did not fill that need either. I'm happy with how we did offensively, but I need a stronger defense so that aspect of my class really disappoints me.

TE :4stars: Scott Bell
    We haven't had a TE worth a damn the whole dynasty. Bell should be that missing link in our offense as we need that safety net to serve as a 3rd option. Bell has adequate speed (B-) and is an excellent blocker. He also has solid hands (C) so he should be a factor next season.

WR :5stars: Mike Johnson
    This guy is probably the most talented WR we have ever recruited next to Eric Crooks. This guy is speed (A) size (6'3 190 LBs) and
    hands to make him a big threat in the Purdue offense.

FS :4stars: Michael Everett
    A solid safety prospect that could play either FS or SS. Good speed (B+) and strength (C+) and a solid tacker (B). He is also solid in Man Coverage (B). He'll prob be a starter as a Sophomore.

Mike Johnson, I predict he'll come out to around an 80-81 OVR with 93-94 SPD. He'll be a big part of the team in his second year if we make it that far.

Scott Bell

LB, we will be light at that position next season unless we find a couple in the offseason.

Victor Graham (UCLA)
    He's what we like at the OLB position, solid speed and well rounded defender.
    Alex Dingle (Wash)
    Looks like an excellent MLB prospect, same deal with Graham

Last question: What player from one of the LAST TWO recruiting classes has had the biggest impact on your team? List some stats and describe
    how he has played. Feel free to name more than one...

This is easy, Eric Crooks by far. He was an ATH that panned out to be a better WR than any other position. We plugged him into the slot his freshman year and he was our best and most consistent WR. This season he is our #1 WR and has been marvelous. This season he has 52 receptions for 976 yds and 12 TD through 10 games.

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Odd that everybody loves Dingle, because he was ignored to start the season. I have MLB's coming back, so for me he was just a guy nobody was really after too hard and I started going after him.

11. Zetroc

Zetroc Uncle Rico Inspired

Michigan State

:5stars:
    T.J. Williams - WR - 6-0 167
    Seeing that this is the only 5 star or 4 star recruit i've had in two seasons, I have a good feeling T.J. will be the talk of East Lansing. He's quick, agile and a hometown boy.

On the other team its looking bleak. I know my OLine will improve, but nothing else to say about Michigan State.

I cannot wait till the new game comes out! LOL!

12. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:

---Yes on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best, I'd say this class is an 8. We really wanted to grab another top CB in Edwards but we are ecstatic with who we've gotten. We see at least 3-4 elite talent guys we've gotten in this class.

---Well I think we signed 3 impact guys in this class. The RB we brought in, Buck Scott is such a contrast to what we've been use to in speed guys that we are intrigued in becoming a more balanced team. Next is surprisingly not the #1 FS we brought in but more in Nathan Davis, a 6'2", 189lb rangy FS with A speed. We love these type of FS's who can fly to the football and cause havoc and he is exactly that. Will Johnson is such a complete FS but we're not sure what and where we are going to exactly fit Johnson and Davis because they both deserve to start and the SS spot is held down by a FR who will be a RS-FR next and he's a hard hitting type SS. Last, we have CB Sam Lumpkin who will likely start off the bat as a FR, he's very talented and has the potential to be a top cover CB.

---I'd have to say RB Buck Scott. 6'5", 231lbs, reminds me of a Brandon Jacobs. A acceleration, B+ truck, B- break tackle, B ball carry vision, B strength...this kid is such a monster. He will run high but he's going to be a pure in-between the tackles and with us focusing so much on the offensive line, this should be a perfect match of a hard hitting RB and a powerful and talented elite Offensive Line.

---Assuming we hold onto him, C Rich Johnson will likely start from day one. He's a smallish type C but he's the #3 Center in the class and he's just a jack of all trades, just a solid and pure center that we should feel good having him start from day one.

We have Sam Lumpkin who alongside Rob Scott, a true freshman that's starting should be a nice 1-2 combo for at least the years to end this dynasty. We brought in 4 CB's from last year class but only one who's good enough to start. Lumpkin will likely come in and start as a true freshman.

Buck Scott will 99% be a starter barring anything crazy because Lonnie Lloyd is graduating. Can't wait to use that Buck power. *Edit* I do have a RS-FR Martin Thomas who could be a very good power back, so I'll have thunder and more thunder with Scott and Thomas.

Johnson/Davis battle will be intense and I have quite a bit of a quandary with one likely moving to CB. Or maybe the incumbent FS Wesley Owens if he comes back, moving him to CB, because I love these two freshman. Spring practice will be key.

A surprise maybe Eric McCauley, a 4-star DE. He's the prototype of a Rutgers DE, a powerful kid who can control the LOS, and be a menace pursuing the ballcarrier or the QB. He's talented enough that I feel he could start from day one.

---The QB position bit me a bit in the ass but simply put I couldn't get a Sims clone or a kid who had at least a B throw accuracy and power in the last 2 classes. Kevin Wilson, I thought would develop better but he simply hasn't. He's still a bit raw and will be a JR next year and still not exactly the QB we thought he'd be. I wish I had a gamebreaker at the WR position for next year because I have a ton of slot WR types who could start next year and a freshman WR Mark Garner who's nothing eye popping right now. I have two speedy guys who could stretch the field but they are RAW.

---Easy, I'd have Justin Rouse, he's the one guy who would have made this class complete. There simply hasn't been a WR we've been able to recruit lately who has been a huge difference maker. Save for the TE we got two years back, WR's have been a revolving door lately. Rouse would have started next year for me.

---Of course I must name SO Travis Spencer, 6'6", 222lb TE who has been a force for me in the middle of the field. He catches everything and is such a powerful man that he's often breaking tackles. Last year he had 1106 yards and 57 catches and 6TD's. This year he has taken more of a role as the go-to guy for our offense with 44 catches, 791yds (leads team) and 5TD's. He's close to 100 yards a game at the moment. He has been a godsend and made us two deep at the TE spot.

Defensively, FR- Nelson Witherspoon has been as good as advertised. He's 2nd on the team in total tackles with 41 has 5 tackles for loss and 2 sacks. He's showing quite the ability to sneak through the cracks of the offense and has been quick to the ball.

The other has been true freshman CB Rob Scott. He's leading the team in total tackles as many guys have been trying to test this young man but the 5'9" CB has been stepping up, tied with Russell, the other starting CB with 3 INT's.

Zach Scott the starting ROLB has 31 total tackles, 4 tackles for loss, 2 sacks, 2INT's and a TD. They've struggled at times especially in the Pitt game but they have held their own for being so young.

• Like Like x 1
  13. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I'm very happy with how recruiting has gone so far this season. I'm never going to land a top class at this school, so as long as I can fill needs with quality players and plug holes elsewhere I'm happy. I'm trying to move Cincy towards a pro-style offense and haven't been able to recruit a QB to do so in the last 3 seasons. This season I finally got one and he looks to be a dandy. I also added some talent to the O-line and offensive skill positions, both are spots that I will be loosing guys this season.

:4stars: QB Tyrell Sledge
    I just landed this guy and was very relieved to do so. I haven't had a decent throwing QB in 3 seasons, but this guy will change all that with his B+ THP and B THA. He will start from day 1.

:4stars: FS Jonathan Godfrey
    The 2nd recruit I signed this season. Godfrey will probably be a backup his first season because I have two solid guys already at each safety position. However, he will need to see the field in some fashion with his skills. A speed, A- Tackle, B+ Hit Power, B- Man Coverage, B- Press Coverage.

Either of the two guys above could be the best player in this years class. Sledge will have more of an opportunity early because of the need at the position, but Godfrey will most likely come in with the higher ratings.

:4stars: ATH Chris Romero
    Will step in right away at WR. My current WR group is less than impressive and the top couple guys are graduating. Romero has solid hands for a freshman and good speed and will step in right away to fill that void and become a consistent target for Tyrell Sledge.

:4stars: TE Jesse Dickerson
    Dickerson will also be replacing one of two graduating DEs. Dickerson could use a year on the bench but I don't have the luxury of doing that.

TE and WR. I have talent, albeit young talent, at most positions but I haven't been able to land any WRs or TEs in the past few years for whatever reason. I landed 1 3-star TE this year, but he is more of a blocker than a receiving threat. With my move to the pro-offense, a receiving TE would be a nice addition to the offense and a WR deep threat would help the running game stay more consistent.

Easily Justin Rouse. Like I said, WR is a position of need for me and I still haven't been able to fill it. Rouse would make this offense dynamic with all the HB talent and make life easy for FR QB Tyrell Sledge.

DT Mike Ross
    Guy has lead the team in TFL for the past two seasons and has 28 tackles (15 TFL) this current season. I don't have his exact stats on hand, but he is one of the few bright spots on a sub-par defense. He is really the only guy that has made a major impact at this point, my other top notch guy left early after last season. If my HB Mark Kent could stay healthy then he would probably be on this list, but he has yet to play a full season for me.

• Like Like x 1