2017 (S7) Discussions

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by PAgamer07, Jan 25, 2012.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Once again it is time for a new season to kickoff and time to take a look at the stories to watch for Season 7. Last season saw our first user versus user National Championship game with Matrix winning his first National Championship in NCAA 13 and his second overall. He beat a team full of overachievers in the Maryland Terrapins, and their coach who was recently named by the Voters as your Coach of the Year for 2016. For those of you curious the voting broke down as follows: Ryalaman 4 votes, Johnnyclutch 3 votes, Sonn 2 votes, myself 2 votes, Trey 1 vote, Matrix 1 vote.

Unfortunately, we did not see nearly the amount of Bowl Games as we did in Season 5, but I was at least happy we had a user versus user Championship game. There will be no slider changes for Season 7, but there will be a slight change in scheduling. Each season we will be rotating protected rivals, beginning this year. That includes Ohio State (sorry Brian). Also, Everyone needs to remember to keep up with the content. I can't do it all, and it gives those of us who work in an office something enjoyable to do during the day. Read about the best damn NCAA league on the interwebs. :p

Without further adeiu, your 2017 stories to watch:

[​IMG]

Once again the Big 12 crowned a National Champion (it's second) and this time it was Matrix Monkey who demolished all competition in front of him except for a Texas Longhorns team that had won the Championship just 3 short years prior. These two are our winningest coaches in the Redshirts, and one of them has to be the early favorite to win it this year. Can anyone beat either of these guys?

Can Matrix ever beat Texas? I can't remember when Texas lost to Missouri, but it was a few years ago. THe Tigers lose a ton of talent on defense, and yet still should have enough to win. ON offense, they recruited 3 Five Star Wide Receivers, and should soon be one of the most explosive offenses in the country. As for Nachos, he loses All everything HB Michael Royal, but should have the depth to find someone else to carry the ball. A lot. Could we see action out of highly touted 5* HB Dusty Britt? Knowing Nachos, it's doubtful as Britt will probably be redshirted for his freshman year.

Coach Sonn has been holding his own here in the conference and has made everyone forget about the success of Coach Fowler in NCAA 11. After winning the Big 12 in 2015, he was brought back to earth with 2 conference losses. Can he regain glory here in the toughest conference in football, or will he fade away to anonymity?

Coach Fowler turned the corner last year offensively, as QB Dwayne Long won the Quarterback of the Year award. If Nick has figured out the passing game finally, expect the studs on defense to finally arrive. He adds a great talent of his own in WR AJ Henley, and this kid could start from day 1.

Who will win the Big 12 this year? Which player will step up in this conference to be the most feared player in the redshirts? Will we see another National Champion from this conference? One thing is for sure, the out of conference schedule for the Big 12 couldn't be harder.

[​IMG]

The Oddsmakers in Vegas had to have been surprised at the surprising performance of the always mediocre Maryland Terrapins. Appearing in the National CHampionship game for the first time ever, the country was shocked. How this team with run of the mill prospects, and a hilarous mascot could have been this good either shows the inferiority of the ACC, or the excellent coaching ability of coach "Chili". They beat a very loaded Virginia Tech squad to punch their ticket, which in turn (as usual) lit up a firestorm of complaints to the commisioner's office. QB Jeff Harris is the real deal, and somehow their WR screen game continues to baffle opponents. Can they continue to surprise people?

The Virginia Tech Hokies had a solid season as well, going 12-2 on the year and running away with the mediocre ACC Coastal Division. Unfortunately their run of 3 straight conference championships came to an end because they couldn't stop the deadly FB dive. Their defense was probably the best in the conference and they continued this trend by getting commits from the #1 MLB in the country (Luke Ward) and the #4 DE in the country (Kevin Smith).

The Clemson TIgers had a horrible season, and their piss-poor defense was exposed. One of the worst front 7's in the conference has to be better this year. Right? The only bright spot for the team this year was the performance of HB David Webb. Unfortunately, he was a senior and graduated. Looking at this roster you have to wonder how they will score points? Or even stop anyone from scoring? It's possible they lose a star in Season 7.

Finally the Miami HUrricanes. After leaving UCF, coach Carder has been pretty unimpressive as a coach. QB Darren Fellows had a great year last year, helped by WR of the Year Larry Miller. Although their defense was slightly better than Clemson, they lose a bunch of talent here. We have to wonder who will step up on both sides of the ball?

The ACC is a conference which has a very, very good CPU team in Florida State. On paper they are the best team in this conference, but Virginia Tech is very close talent-wise. But Maryland has one of the best coaches in the Redshirts. There is really no clear-cut favorite to win this thing, but I do know Miami and Clemson will not be there at the end.

[​IMG]

The Penn State Nittany Lions continued their dominance of the Big Ten, with their second straight Big Ten Championship. Two big wins over Nebraska and a beat-down of the Buckeyes and this team is riding on a mountain of confidence. One has to wonder whether they can keep this momentum going? They lose a ton of talent on defense, and rumors out of Penn State are that they may possibly be switching to the 3-4 next season to offset a weakness at Defensive Tackle. Irregardless, expect them to be able to hold the mediocre Big Ten offenses at bay. They added some amazing recruits and have a Top 5 recruiting class, so they should be a force for years.

The Nebraska Cornhuskers were once again shattered with a loss in the Big Ten Championship game to Penn State. They continue to play well on defense, but it was hard to beat another good defense with a freshman. This year though, reigning Freshman of the Year QB John Wallace will be another year better, and has added several pieces, including 5 star WR Adam Bowling. We expect them to be much more balanced this year as Wallace progresses. They already field probably the best trio of backs in the country in Daniel Thomas, Jeff Moore and Taurean Brown. As Juniors, these guys will be dominant and be tough to stop.

Northwestern had a very good season, but unfortunately were devastated as they ended up losing their Bowl matchup against South Carolina on a fumble at the goal line. You can bet they will be coming out on fire this year after that loss. The problem is, who can replace a man with the talent of DT J.D.Smith? This was a real blow to this defense, and if they don't figure it out, their pass rush and run defense takes a huge step backwards. The biggest surprise for this team was not what happened on the field, but off the field. HB Bo "Jackson" Amos. Remember that name boys and girls. 6'5" 236lbs of blazing speed. THe #6 HB in the country out of Hawaii. This was a real coup for the Wildcats. Penn State had this kid in their grasp for a lot of the season, but due to recruiting restrictions were unable to offer a scholarship. Big mistake. If the Wildcats want to win this year, Amos will be starting.

And finally, the Ohio State Buckeyes. The Buckeyes had a very, very quiet year. In fact, one of the quietest 11-2 seasons you probably didn't know about. THey finsihed the year ranked #6 in the country, and will be gaining back a prestige star. Unfortunately, I have no idea how many they have now. Affectionately dubbed "6 star team killer", coach Evans is right. Up and down throughout his 6 years years there, his team's prestige has jumped around more than anyone else around. Can he win consistently? He loses the amazing QB Cory Jones, the best QB in conference as well as his favorite target TE Isiah Purcell. Two huge blows for a team that could only muster 7 points against Penn State. Oh yeah. THe Penn State game. This one was circled before they got on the bus at the end of their drubbing last year. If they win this game, they make a return to the Big Ten Championship game and a chance at winning the Big Ten for the first time since 2013.

So there you have it ladies and gentlemen. Your stories to watch for this year. It shoudl be an exciting season, and as was proven last year. Anything is possible.

• Like Like x 4
  2. PAgamer07

Over the next few days, I would like everyone to take a few minutes and answer these 7 questions. It's time to reflect on last year, and look ahead to this season.

1. What are your thoughts on your peformance last season?

2. Was there anything you wish you'd done differently?

3. Who are you going to miss the most this year?

4. What opposing player or players gave you the most fits last year (CPU or User players)?

5. Which recruits from last year are you most excited about? Will they be starting this year?

6. Which player or players on your team should we be watching this year?

7. What team do you feel is your biggest rival and why?

3. PAgamer07

Post them up when you've got them.

4. sonn

sonn Walk On

Offense: Oklahoma (custom)
    Defense: 3-4(custom)
    Exact same playbooks as last year.

19 Scholarships for 66.5

5. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

"They beat a very loaded Virginia Tech squad to punch their ticket, which in turn (as usual) lit up a firestorm of complaints to the commisioner's office."

LOL.

6. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

My defense kicked ass and got me to my first NC game. Unfortunately, poor clock management and a missed field goal killed my chance at an undefeated season.

As mentioned I wish I would have played smarter in the Texas game.

Um, everyone. I lose 15 starters. Including 8 on defense, 4 OLmen, and the greatest kicker in NCAA history.

4. What opposing player or players gave you the most fits last year (CPU or User players)?

No player stands out. But not many players got the better of my D.

5. Which recruits from last year are you most excited about? Will they be starting this year?

We're bringing in a lot of great talent at WR but T(#1) Randall Pollack will probably have the biggest impact.

QB Harris and HB Macklin. Harris started last year in his RS FR season but we expect him to improve on his 19 INTs from last season. Macklin backed up Hart last year and did a great job, especially in the return game winning Big 12 return honors. He will most likely cede those duties this year as he takes on the lead back role.

It was easily Texas Tech, but after the last 2 seasons we've handled dnf pretty well. So now its possibly SBN.

7. dnf913

dnf913 Walk On

Love it, great write up. I will do my best to make it a 3rd different big 12 team to win the title, but I don't think I can do it, just not as good at this year's game than last, just can't trust what I see on offense, and can't stop the go route on defense.

8. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

We started off very well winning decisively over great opponents then Wallace hit the freshman wall about halfway through the season. Defense kept us in games and we never lost by more than six. Just a couple of different plays could of been wins.

Maybe put in Victor Minor when Wallace was struggling and made some better play calls.

All my seniors from defense. Stover and Anderson will be hard to replace.

Still can't figure out how I can shut down Pa for three quarters than just do the complete opposite in the fourth.

Adam Bowling and Mike Barrett could be really good in a couple years. No recruits will be starting this year.

It will be interesting to see how Wallace grows in sophomore season. Brown and Moore should excel in the backfield. 9 of 11 starters are back on offense so that should be fun.

Penn State hands down. Games always come down to the wire.

9. PAgamer07

Week 1 will kickoff Thursday Night 10 PMish

10. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Clemson has a history for underachieving with top talent, we're about to overachieve with shit talent. Suck it

• Like Like x 1
  11. PAgamer07

Also, Big 12 Champion will now Play BIg 10 Champion in Rose Bowl, instead of them playing in Orange Bowl against ACC CHampion.

12. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Miami
    11 Seniors - 38.5

O: Auburn
    D: Multiple

Pagamer07 ...updated for Miami

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  13. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Clemson

O: West Virginia
    D: 3-4

Scholarships: 12

Pagamer07

updated with O book

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  14. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

gives me a got dang erection

I think I was pretty vocal with my opinions of our on field performance last year. I just happen to be the guy in charge as we suffer from the previous coaching staff's lack luster recruiting efforts. I hate to call those kids untalented, but they definitely didn't fit in our system. We played poor defense and turned the ball over at crucial times on offense, you won't win ball games that way.

Not much I could do, my staff has recruited very well since we got here. The guys we got are just young and inexperienced. We're just now getting where we can recruit guys who can come in and make an immediate impact. I don't think you'll see a repeat of last year anytime soon.

Running back David Webb and our secondary, mainly Charles McBride. Those guys in the secondary were pretty good but they could only cover for so long last year, our line was bad and we couldnt get any pressure so it allowed the QB hours in the pocket. As far as Webb, he was a speedy speedy guy. We don't have that speed this year. We've got nothing but 4 and 5 stars on our depth chart but like I said above, they're very young.

Florida State running back, it's 2 years in a row we've let a FSU running back go wild. From the look of things, they have another stud ready this year.

Just like previous years, you won't see me playing many freshman. I recruit guys to come in and redshirt and learn our system, that way they are more knowledgeable of what is going on when they get on the field. We got a highly touted QB, hes going to redshirt, it will put us in a bind with only 2 QB's on our depth chart so we'll need to stay healthy.

Either QB we start should be exciting, Andy Henderson can throw and run like the wind, back up Kyle Schmidt ended the season 4-0 as a starter but we're going with Henderson to start. I think our RE Drew Williams will stir up some trouble , all 3 of our linebackers should be flying all over the field. We're a pretty equal group across the board. Nothing flashy but nothing terrible either.

FSU and Maryland. It seems if its not FSU then its Maryland that we are fighting for the Atlantic side of the ACC. Every year the games are usually close. We gave one up last year in Death Valley to the Terps.

• Like Like x 1
  15. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Offense: Arkansas
    Defense: 3-4

Scholarships: 17

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  16. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Amos will not be starting actually. I have a very talented senior, but Amos will be getting significant playing time.

17. sonn

sonn Walk On

Started off pretty badly getting crushed by Nebraska and Missouri but got better as the season went on.

I have to make better decisions throwing the ball, threw way to many picks.

I lost my 2 starting DE's and 2 OLBs from last year. They were huge in both the run game and pass rush so my defense will suffer this year. Statistically the biggest loss is Adam Brown as he had almost 30 touchdowns the last 2 years but Kenard Jones is a great back too.

The defences of Missouri and Nebraska were smothering and I couldn't do anything against them.

Ron Tanner was the number 1 athlete in his class who redshirted this year. He'll be starting this year at free safety.

RB Kenard Jones should have an amazing year. There were a few games last year where he had almost 200 yards in a half. Matt Perkins should have a bounce back year and has a lot of weapons to choose from in the passing game. On defense Craig Summers is another great DT for the Sooners and just as talented as Kelvin Vincent and Jordan Phillips

I'd say Texas, hopefully Oklahoma will win this years game.

• Like Like x 1
  18. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

Offense: Ohio State
    Defense: 4-3

Scholarships: 10

19. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

Overall I was pleased with the season we had. The two losses to Oklahoma and Penn State were in embarrassing fashion though.

Not really, I need to get better on defense. We gave up way too many big plays.

Probably QB Cory Jones. He was definitely the best QB I've ever had. Heffner takes over this year and he's pretty good too but not in the same league. He was awful filling in when Jones was injured two years ago, but was almost perfect in mop up duty last year. We'll see what version we get this year.

Stanford's HB Hall in the bowl game stands out right now. He had over 300 yards rushing in that game.

I don't have any freshman starting this year but there are some guys who will be future stars. WR Colvin and one of my two 4* CB who will play Nickel this year stand out right now.

On offense, All American HB Jason Butler returns to make another run at the Heisman (he finished second last year). On defense DE Scott Jackson returns to terrorize opposing QB (he had 17.5 sacks last season).

Penn State. PA has been talking a lot of shit lately and it's time to shut him up. That's what happens when a guy who doesn't win alot has a little success, it goes right to their head.

20. PAgamer07

FYI ryalaman gets +5 recruiting points for COTY

21. PAgamer07

awesome video TEClemson53 Ive never seen that.

briosu99 Im not talking shit, just calling it like I see it :p

sonn yes, for the love of all that is holy, beat Texas

Matrix Monkey Ill keep my eye on Macklin, all the cheese seems to come out of the Big 12 :)

JohnnyClutch Im hoping Wallace doesnt get too much better, it will be difficult to contain a balanced offense

22. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

Offense: same book as always, base VT but with a few pistol forms in there.
    Defense: 4-2-5 in man align sucks...so sticking with the 4-3.
    Schollies: 12 (42)

23. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Offense: Clemson
    Defense: 4-3 (custom)

Schollies: 19 (67)

24. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

just fyi JC...PA outlawed the M. St. book due to the wishbone forms and he deemed it "unrealistic" when nachos tried to use it. but maybe he will change his mind, lol.

25. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

No worries. I actually hadn't looked at it all that closely, I just know that it was a good PB for a dual threat QB. I have no problem going with something else, I was initially going to use the Clemson book anyways.