2017 Team Previews

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by nikpin, Feb 28, 2011.

1. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Let's hear something about how your team looks...

Key Players Offense (What makes them important to the team)
    Key Players Defense (What makes them important to the team)
    Where you improved/worsened on offense and defense.
    Season outlook
    Record Prediction

2. nikpin

Key Players Offense
    HB Travis Ruffin 83 OVR- Can he repeat last year?
    WR Brian Jones 86 OVR- Can he step up and fill the #1 WR role with a new QB
    QB Bill Alford 82 OVR- Can the freshman fill Pollock's shoes while constantly looking over his shoulder as Senior Bryan Carpenter stands waiting.

Key Players Defense
    FS Joe Harrell 75 OVR- He starts over a player 5 OVR points higher with a better skill set but you can't sit the defending Thorpe/Bednarik/Nagurski winner.
    CB Billy Pennington 78 OVR- Can the true freshman fill the important slot corner role in a slot throwing league.
    LE Shelton Robinson 81 OVR- Had a great freshmen year registering 12 sacks and winning the Lombardi award. Can he continue the success now that defenses know who he is.

Improvement Offense
    QB took a slight drop from Pollock to Alford and the OL was stagnate losing RT and Captain Brandon Powers but 3 other spots improving. HB went up as Pollock progressed and I've got solid depth with two other starting level RB's in the mix. WR and TE both improved as I lost no TE's and though the #1 and #3 WR left I returned 5 guys 80 OVR or higher.

Improvement Defense
    Everywhere...I lost my 6'5 325 DT Joe Waters but DT is deep and the starter OVR's improved and all 3 DE's that played last year returned. All 3 starting LB's return and I've got a lot of depth behind them. CB Dennis Boyd opted to leave early for the draft but my #2 and #3 CB's from last season step in to fill the starting roles at 82 & 81 OVR. The #2 CB in the 2016 class starts in the slot and I'm deep at a position that it's good to be deep at in this conference. Harrell returns with a lot of hardware and Freshmen AA Ryan Johnson is taking a shirt after a spring game injury and letting Jordan Howard slide into his role at SS for a season.

Season Outlook
    I lost 7 starters 5 of which were on offense and as long as the QB situation doesn't get messy I really can't go against myself until someone proves otherwise.

Record Prediction
    14-0

3. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Key Players on Offense:
    QB: Kevin Davidson- He takes over the starting spot despite actually being rated 2 pts lower than Denman. He's the better passer, so we'll get a look at the RS Frosh this year.
    RB: John Newby: Just keeps getting better. Newby is a slasher. He will consistently hit you for 5 yds. Need that running game to help out the freshman QB.
    TE: Cornelius Smith- He's a 71 OVR and a far cry from GJ. Smith is going to have to harness his inner GJ and try not to crap on my team too much as he has big shoes to fill.

Key Players on Defense:
    DT: Tony James- I lose my star DE in Adam Carter, but I gain transfer Tony James at an 84 OVR. Despite being an interior guy, I'll need him to get some pressure on QBs to make up for the loss of Carter.
    OLB: Marcus Myrick- Myrick returns along with Chris Edwards. This will be their 3rd season as my starting LBs. (I run the 4-2-5 so I only have two). Need their best effort yet.

QB: Definitely improved as my starter from last year is my backup this year.
    RB: Improved. My top two RBs return.
    FB: Improved: My starting FB returns
    WR: Improved: 4 of my starting 5 WRs return
    TE: Worsened: No doubt losing GJ will hurt
    OL: Improved: Definitely improved. Really helped gaining a transfer C.

DE: Worsened: Losing Adam Carter hurts, but landing two 4-stars will help soften the blow.
    DT: Improved heavily. My transfer DT is a monster and I return my other two starters from last season.
    LBs: Improved. I return all 5 LBs on my roster from last season.
    CBs: Improved slightly- Lost my #1 CB so that will hurt, but returned all the rest and added a 4 star Ath that will play this year at CB.
    Safeties: Improved- Return both my starting FS and SS as well as their backups.

Season Outlook:

Easier schedule this season as I get ULM, Ark St and ULaLa from the West. Lost to WKU, Army and WMU last season so defintely looking to do better than that this season. No reason I should lose to all 3.

Record Prediction: 11-2 after the bowl win.

4. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

Key Players Offense
    Sr QB Josh Wright - 90 ovr and the best Ive had at ULL. Can run it and can sling it with the best of them
    Sr HB Titus Cox - Looking to get back to the form he had his soph year where he ran for over 2000 yards; 84 ovr
    Sr WR Todd Britton - my 3rd best WR but my most dangerous deep threat with 98 spd

Sr DT Roderick Carroll - anchors my interior DLine and one of the best DTs in C-USA
    Jr MLB John Holman - this transfer LB QBs my D and if his first game gives any barometer on how his career will play out in Lafayette, he could be a very good one
    Soph SS Cameron Meade - returns from a redshirt season, FS DJ Bush is rated better than he is but he seems to always find the ball, a natural ball hawk

Where you improved/worsened on offense and defense.

Offense
    QB: Improved; another year another time for Josh Wright to shine, rated at his highest and at the top of his game
    HB: Improved; Cox and Myers get better with another off season, Freshman running back Mcneil adds depth as well, an excellent group
    WR: Same; better at the top than previous years but it bottoms out starting with my #4 converted CB Gary Neal, he actually played well in his first game but I still dont trust him much
    TE: Worse; still have a great number 1 with an 85 ovr but no one really behind him, will be interesting to see if either 60's backup can break through
    Oline: Worse; last years OLine was monsterous and one of the best Ive had here, however Ive had to replace my LT,RG,RT and all are worse than their graduated counterparts, not a bad Oline but not nearly as good as last season

Defense
    DE: Improved; same group as last year with great depth provided by the last recruiting class, DE commit from last year, Sterling Archer, was moved inside but will still play in the DE spot from time to time in relief of paul swain in 3 down formations
    DT: Improved; Roderick Carroll just got much better in the off season and with Sterling Archer moving inside it only strengthens the positon, added Juco depth to make it much better
    LBs: Greatly Improved; return only 2 LBs from last years core but the replacements are leaps and bounds better, Transfer John Holman, 85ovr, leads a nasty group with Sr Ben Holt looking to play as well or better than he did when he got to line up beside H4Y HOFer Jacob Skinner, talented freshman John Malone comes in to start at OLB where he looks to shore up the Rushing D and fellow freshman Kenny Williams adds good depth
    CBs: Greatly Improved; Led by preseason AA Jr Dylan Terry this isnt a great group but much better than last season. helped me put up 3 INTs 1st game in
    Safeties: a little worse; gone is SS Adam Pino, replaced by the lower rated Cameron Meade, however I have felt Meade always plays above his rating and I am just fine sticking him out there. FS DJ Bush is improved after the offseason and could make a run at 1st team All-Conf

K Vastly Improved; having the opposing team starting at the 20 instead of the 35 is just the tits

Season outlook
    This is a team that could potentially go undefeated. Anything more than 2 losses would be a disappointment

Record Prediction
    13-1

5. xtreme snoopy

Forgot to add

FB: BEASTLY

6. nikpin

I'm glad you added that loss in the CCG when you predicted that record.

7. xtreme snoopy

predicting my loss to WKU :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  8. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

FIFY

9. nikpin

LOL you got more than 1 loss coming if you plan ony losing to WKU.

10. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

I will try to get a team preview here soon but my playbooks are texas and 4-3

11. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Key Players
    QB: Tyrone Coleman: The true freshman comes in and adds a lot to the offense. Coleman has a rocket arm with 85 THP, but has a weakness in THA at 70 He can run though, with 86 speed/acc, decent running abilities, and most importantly a 71 carry rating. A lot will be riding on him this season

HB: Billy McClaine: The Sr RB finally has a chance to put together a full season as a starter. He's showed a lot of promise, splitting time FR/SO year and starting JR year before breaking his collarbone early in the season. An 81 overall with 93 speed 96 acc makes him the best back I've had.

WR: Nick White: The rsSophomore has been the biggest surprise on the team. He entered as a 4 star ESPNU top 150 but with an overall of 70. After a redshirt season he improved to 75 and the #5 spot on the depth chart. This offseason he improved to 81 overall and is now my top rated WR. If he can step up and improve the WR group it will be a big help.

DE: Kevin Scott: The 86 overall DE is now a senior and is the leader of the D. With All-American DT Justin Johnson lined up next to him he should have a big season to end his career.

MLB: Reggie Scott: (no relation) The sophomore linebacker started as a freshman but got knocked out for the season. Scott will now get to show what he can do.

CB: Clint Williams: The senior lockdown corner has a 98 man coverage rating with intercepting ability. Predicting an All-American season for him.

SS: Brandon Craig: 92 man / 94 zone, 97 play rec and 77 catching. Lots of potential for the senior who has played decent in prior years.

Improved: HB , LB , CB
    Worsened: QB

12. xtreme snoopy

7 THA will be rough......

13. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Yeah you must be going to the wishbone like me if you're gonna roll with that.

14. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

WKU's coming tomorrow afternoon

15. DirtycashDylan

Key Offensive Players:
    • Freshman G Joey Gilliam - AllSnoopy true freshman with 78 speed and 92 acceleration who I plan to run behind all year. (Everyone else on O is good, but replaceable)
    Key Defensive Players:
    • FS Malcom Cochran - 91 ovr, 96 spd, 90 acc/man/zone/tackle/purs/press. He missed almost all of last year with a broken tailbone. He's primed for a monster year if I can use him right.
    • Freshman DT Johathan Lewis - AllSnoopy true freshman walks into the #1 DT position and turns a weakness into a strength.
    • MLB Adam Landry - He has over 200 career tackles but I need him to step up even more his SR year as I plan on usering OLBs more.
    • SS Eddie Lewis - Lewis came out of nowhere last year to garner 1st team AA honors with 50 tkls, 8 pics and 3 FF.
    Improved:
    • Offensive line. Gilliam means so much to my running game.
    • TE. 2 legit recruits means I can go 2 TE with full confidence, I don't have to worry about the kick return team and I have depth.
    • DT. I'm good and I'm young.
    • CB. Lost a 4 year starter but I was prepared and I brought in a freshman who's pushing to start.
    Worsened:
    • WR. No doubt about this one. I've got a ton of young talent but you can't replace Griffin.
    • DE. Hot mess at DE with 71 and 72 ovr with no depth.
    Prediction: 10-3
    It seems almost impossible as my schedule is as tough as it can be (Nik, Hammer, Qwon, Fever, Steamer, Snoopy) but I feel very optimistic about this year. This feels like a team for the first time. There are no gaping holes (count it) anywhere except for QB and I think I can manage my way around that with my new rushing attack. If I can figure out how to get a good pass rush with this team (2-4-5 maybe?), look out.

16. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

17. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Key Players Offense:

-QB SR Derrick Gates - 83 OVR - Gates came in as a Juco last year with the full intention of redshirting but dominated in spring camp and won the job. He was a 77 OVR last year and is up to 83 now with only 77 THP but 87 THA. He can make all the short to medium throws and is Army's go to guy.
    -HB JR Victor Harrison - 75 OVR - Victor was a Juco recruit last year brought in to replace HB Larry Clark. A lot will ride on Victor to establish Army's rushing attack and we hope he holds up all year after sustaining a minor injury in wk 1.

Key Players Defense:

-RE SR Dan Hayward - 77 OVR - Dan was a former OLB moved DE where he has really progressed into a pivotal part of Army's Defensive scheme. Through 2 games Hayward already has 4 TKFL and 1 Sack
    -MLB SR Michael White - 81 OVR - Michael White is no doubt the Anchor and leader of this defensive unit. He is always around the ball making a play.

Where you improved/worsened on offense and defense:

Offensively QB and HB are looking good. Both improved. However I definitely took a step back on the OL. 4 of the 5 starters last year were Seniors. Now 3 of the 5 starters are Freshmen. We will have a good O-line in a few years but so far this season it's easy to see they are a work in progress and could be a big sore thumb in Army's usually potent offensive attack.

Defensively except for losing 2 senior CB's and SS Patrick Sherman everything seems to be as good or better. I have a Freshmen 67 OVR DT who is the 2nd DE in 4 man fronts. Both end positions looks solid with a strong LB core. CB would be the biggest weakness, but even good CB's get burnt in this pass happy league.

Season outlook: I can see this possibly being a down year at Army. I think fans have gotten a taste of success the last few seasons and expectations are high. While Army is improving year to year, they haven't been getting the big name recruits or transfers the last two years and it's starting to show. This is a solid team but the coaching staff is starting to see some holes that might be a problem in a season or two to come.

Record Prediction: Lotta close games last year went Army's way last year. I can't count on that this year and see myself dropping some. The honeymoon is over and Army goes 9-4.

18. DirtycashDylan

I originally had you in there but deleted it as I didn't want Crumb to be the only one I didn't include.

19. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

LOL, but here it is anyway...

From DirtyCash to Crumb... [​IMG]

20. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Key Players Offense (What makes them important to the team)

Every single position got considerably worse on my team, with the exception of TE and WR which really stayed the same rather than got better.
    Sophomore(RS) QB Chris Fuqua 72 overall - My RBs are horrible so the success of my offense will hinge on whether he can have a good season for us or not. Through 3 games he sits at 9 TDs and 1 INT so he is looking pretty good so far.

Junior #1WR Jared THomas 69 overall - not a great speed threat with 88 speed and 74 acceleration, but he is basically a RB with the ball in his hands with 81 spin move and 91 stiff arm. He broke a lot of tackles after the catch last year and I expect him to do the same this year.

Senior TE Ray Fisher 63 overall Everyone's underrated, oversized TE is back to kill CUSA defenses again. Too fast and athletic for linebackers, too big for DB's(or anyone for that matter at 6'7). He killed CUSA last year to the tune of 15 TD receptions. This year, he should continue to pose matchup problems for defenses and completely dictate how defenses lineup.

Senior DT Brian Anderson 87 overall 90 strength - This guy is a beast. He breaks through to the backfield on pretty much every play. He, along with stud freshman DT Josh Brown should be able to put pressure on opposing QB's and should limit inside running games of CUSA opponents.

Junior MLB David Walton 72 overall 82 speed 81 strength - Gets a ton of tackles and breaks up a ton of passes over the middle. Is a game changer despite the 72 overall rating.

Season outlook

Well, I want to thank my fellow users that controlled MTSU before me for leaving such a horrible team devoid of any real talent. Thanks to them, I have no shot at competing for a CUSA East crown and really dont plan on breaking into the top 3 of the division. [​IMG]My running game is horrible this year. My WR's drop a ridiculous amount of balls, including 10 vs IU last game. IT will be hard to sustain any kind of real success against good CUSA teams. Considering the fact that I beat this years two favorites in the West last year(ULL, UTah State), I plan on getting some wins from the West. However, besides my West victories I dont see anymore than 1 or 2 more CUSA victories. I do plan on beating one of the big 4 from the East though. Last year it was Army.. who knows if I can pull it off this year.

7-5 (3-5) is the predicted finish.