2017 Texas Longhorns

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by Will Atkinson, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Will Atkinson

Will Atkinson Walk On

16 seniors + 2 = 18 scholarships (2 :5stars: available)

Offense: Florida State (Multiple)
    Defense: 4-3

The Offense:

The QB position will return the starter Tyrone McCoy(90), but his back-up Eugene Jackson(89), will be on his heels trying to earn that starting spot, a lot of the fans want to see the mobile QB Jackson get the start after McCoy didn't show up in some big games last season.. But McCoy is likely to get the start..

The HB position lost two starters from last year but we are very confident that the new one-two punch with Marcus Thompson(93) speed back, and Jonathan Cook(92) power back, will be one that can prove to be efficient..We are also returning two senior FB's to help with that running game, both blocking and running
    The WR's are improved from last year but still don't have a big time play-maker.. Howard Summers(90) is the only senior, and he will look to lead them to a better season than last..

TE position is huge in this offense and the only Longhorns have one SR Roger Perkins(89) and one SOPH Kyle Swain(75)..Staying healthy is going to be a huge concern this season..

The offensive line looks to be much improved from last year only boasting one underclassman starter.. This veteran group looks to open plenty of holes for the new halfbacks this fall..

The Defense:

The DE's lost one of the best players in the country but the depth at DE for the Longhorns won't have the fans losing any sleep.. Senior Kevin Temple(93) looks the wreck havoc in the backfield once again.. His new partner to his right is JR Ethan Dotson(91)...

The DT position is one that was in complete shambles when I came to Texas and it is slowly but surely progressing..JR Jabari Mosley is an All-American at a (86) and he is going to have to teach the other starter, true freshman Chad Darby(78) how to play above your skill level.. They need him to step up as a Freshman to really secure a solid defensive line..

We have a lot of talent at every LB postion, lead by SR(RS) Drew Townsend(93). These 3 starters look to continue the great LB play that they started last season..

The CB position only boasts one upperclassmen to a position that struggled mightily last season..SR(RS) Allen Gray(85) will try to add some leadership and maybe the the SOPH(RS) Herman Stanley (85) can continue to step up and make a name for himself nationally..

Both safety positions look to be better this fall with FS Allen Jack(87) as only a red-shirt sophomore and the senior leadership from SS Martin Stevenson(90)..

The kicking game has a big leg in JR Matt Johnson(92) 99 kick power, he will strive to be more accurate as he missed some easy FG's last season..

2. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Great write-up.

3. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Will Atkinson

Your season preview shows 18 scholarships. You signed 22 players.

4. Will Atkinson

Will Atkinson Walk On

I wrote down the names of the players that the computer signed on the last week without my doings.. I will cut them when we get to that stage

5. Will Atkinson

Will Atkinson Walk On

clayandlbf the computer actually signed 5 or 6 because that i didn't have on my board..I have all of the computer aided recruiting turned off and this has happened the previous two years..I can spend you the names ahead of time if you would like..